Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 08:22 AM   #16  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

I lost my long post...ugh!

Well just know that I have started exercising. It's not as great as before but I am off to a slow start. I think I may do yoga this morning...if I can figure out how to use my new DVD player otherwise I will use the old one.

Pat~~~I am pulling for you. I don't know how you can have so much control over the food but you ARE IN CHARGE!!!

Sue~~~I am so happy for you and your new car. My van is still down and I hope to get a job soon that will help my husband get the money together to take care of the expenses.

Talk to you all later. I hope you all have a wonderful day full of smiles.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 05-03-2003, 05:04 PM   #17  
Work in Progress

Thanks for the support KINA!!!

Good luck with the job search. Way to go on the exercising. Slow and steady win the race. Most days lately I have been going backwards LOL.

Got outside today and planted some plants the wind was cold but the sun was nice.

How are the rest of you doing?
Old 05-03-2003, 09:43 PM   #18  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Well yesterday the day past so fast that I didn't get to exercise before the kids went to bed. I don't like to get on my elliptical machine after they are in bed because then the bird starts to whistle like crazy. I thought for a minute that I wouldn't exercise at all but instead I got down on the carpet with my ab roller and did 20 reps and then I got my power bar and did 30 arm raises to the back...for the under arm flab. I really need the workout there. So I am very happy to say that I did so some form of exercise. I didn't do the yoga as I had anticipated. Something is something. As long as I move.

Well talk to you all later. DH is home and wants to get out of the house. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 05-05-2003, 06:08 AM   #19  
Work in Progress

Well you are on teh way to being the OP Goddess.

I worked in the yard yesterday and can I feel it today. Couldn't get myself out of bed this morning.

Goals for this week are the same as last week

3 workouts(didn't make this one last week)
Eat OP
water water water!!

Kina have a great day

Hey where is everyone??
Old 05-05-2003, 09:12 AM   #20  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Well I have been able and determined to get exercise of any kind in my day everyday! I have been able to keep that goal. I have created a calendar on my website and I am marking off the days of each workout. I don't have a specific workout schedule that I follow; I am just focusing on the fact that I just need to move, move, move! I totally feel it in my abs, arms, and legs...IT FEELS GREAT!

Well I have to make it short it is time for me to go out hit the road for a job. Wish me luck.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 05-06-2003, 06:15 AM   #21  
Work in Progress

Well Monday was a wash. Don't know what got into me except for the food.
Carb Hangover this morning. UGH!

Hope the job hunting went well

I also hope you were'nt affected by the terrible tornados, that swept thru places out west.

Hope everyone is safe.

Shooting for success today!
Old 05-06-2003, 10:02 AM   #22  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi my name is Nasus I am an addict!!

yes i have been carb loading and feel yucchy. I see my arms getting bigger and that is horrible!! I need a huge kick in the rear end to get back OP. so today is my first try at getting back OP!!! wish me luck!!

Kina I love your web site!!
Old 05-06-2003, 04:13 PM   #23  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Thanks for visiting my site, Sue. I love working on it. I use it as a stress reliever. But at the same time it is a fun way for me to keep honest with my exercise and weight issues. I can't say that it was easy to create but it wasn't hard. I would like to add my measurements and continue to show my melting body but haven't quite thought it thru.

Well I have to admit I did not exercise yesterday. I was having such awful stomach pains almost like menstual cramps but it can't be that is still a week away. I figured I may have over did it or I was stressing over my final that I had today. I felt better this morning so I plan to get some exercise in for yesterday and today.

Well I am going to grab a glass of water. I will check back later.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 05-07-2003, 06:03 AM   #24  
Work in Progress

Good morning all!
Well Tues was better than Monday, but what a loggy day. WHY DO I DO IT???? WHAT IS THE POINT???
I know certain things
I feel better when I eat OP
I have more energy
I feel more mentally alert
I feel better when I exercise both, mentally and physically
I worked very hard to lose the weight I did and the inches. I was toned and could walk upstairs w/o losing my breath.
WHAT"S THE DEAL??

What do you think my fellow addict Sue??
WE Were awesome!!! We were the OP GODDESS"S.

I was down to 228 and now am at 248. I was wearing a size 20 and am now back to a 22-24.

Well SUE what do you think we ought to do about it?

Kina how did your final go? Any luck on teh job search?

Pam how are you my friend?

Melody??

Well I am off to face Weds!
Old 05-07-2003, 08:17 AM   #25  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Well I feel good about my finals; I feel even better knowing that they are OVER! The job search well isn't so good. There isn't anybody I know out there that is willing to work with school schedule much less my kids schedule. So I think I am just going to have to wait until my summer job starts. You all remember my summer job right? I work with cotton testing it? It is only seasonal so I only work very hard for a good month maybe two if I am lucky. They pay good I just need to strategically make my school schedule fit in better than I did last time. I may just "can" the job search and wait for my seasonal job...it's coming up pretty soon.

Well off to start my day. Talk to you all later.
Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 05-07-2003, 09:41 AM   #26  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Well I was good most of the day yesterday!! I agree Pat we were Op godesses!!

I too have gone up so much it is scarry to think how much. My 22's are still a bit loose but I was into a nice 14!!!!(that was with exercising 1+ hours a day though. I am ready to get back with the program!!!!

How about today?? I can plan on skipping mothers day for OPness as I am haing family all over here and celebrating birthdays but I need to get OP NOW!!!!

I see my arms getting the fat grwoing back in them and it is making me sick thinking about it. what if we go for one 10 group at a time!!

Kina you are our crown wearer now how about givng Pat and me a big kick in the rear if we even suggest a Off day (except mothers day) We all know we can do it, so lets get OP!!!! swiming starts again next week so I will use that time to exercise!! that should give me an hour even if I do not like to exercise in the evening I have no choice really!! I do not go in the morning anymore. maybe when school is out and on me days off, but I find I need to be home to get the kids off to school. what was holong me back before was having to dry my hair in the winter and cold days it did not give me much time and seeing the house a mess I could not leave the house like it was. so a total overhaul is in order!!!

so plan is set!!
Old 05-09-2003, 06:11 AM   #27  
Work in Progress

Hey girls where does the time go?
Didn't do well with the goals again this week.
What's up with that?

CHeck in and let us know how it goes.
Where do we want to go with this stuff and how are we going to get there?
Old 05-09-2003, 03:20 PM   #28  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi Ladies! I have been drinking my water; faithfully! I have been getting on my stepper daily and doing 100 steps. I do 20 ab rolls every other day. Is the ab roller considered strength training or cardio aerobic? I get so confused on that. I would like to get a schedule of my exercise down but I want to do like one day of strength training and then another day of cardio or aerobic (unless they are one of the same) and maybe one or two days yoga. I am going to do this girls and I want you to come along for the ride. Don't allow this weight to keep us from enjoying what life we have left. I started thinking about that the other day. I have family members (some younger and some older than me) who are much more over weight than I am. Not that I feel as if I am a higher power because of it but I look at them as they try to do little things for their children or for themselves and I think I don't want to let it get that far...it's up to me to make it happen. I can't run like the dickens with my kids...although I do race with my 9 year old on occassion but seldom. So to me it means I can make a difference if I just take back the control I once had. I don't feel that I have lost any weight from last week and I won't let that get me down. I am just going to aim to move everyday in anyway that gets my heart going.

Okay well I just came back from a wonderful play of "School House Rock" and it brought back so many memories of my youth. The heat is bad. As I was driving home my tummy started to gurgle as if I were hungry. I thought "Ooow what will I eat when I get home?" But then I said "No, you haven't had any water today. It's just that you are thirsty." Which is very true! So I am here and I will have you all know that I didn't start munching on junk I went straight for the water tank and filled up a nice cool glass of iced water. Woohoo!

I better get going! Hugs to you all and I anticipate hearing about you day with some form of exercise in their...EVEN if it just telling me you did the twist in your kitchen for 5 minutes. That is a wonderful way to get your cardio in without hating it!

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Old 05-10-2003, 06:40 AM   #29  
Work in Progress

Hey I am going to start a new thread devoted to our renewed commitment
Closed Thread