3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldly Chicks Jumping JOY-ously in July (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/262040-worldly-chicks-jumping-joy-ously-july.html)

MELODY525 07-28-2012 07:25 AM

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...raphics_06.gif
HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!

THE BOSS WALKED OUT THE DOOR YESTERDAY AT 4 PM.
BY 6:30 WE HAD THE FIRE DEPT HERE.
SOMEONE'S DINNER ACTUALLY WENT ON FIRE IN THE OVEN:flame:
THEN AT MIDNIGHT A SENIOR ENDED UP IN THE HOSPITAL.
ALSO....THE PERSON GIVEN THE EMERGENCY BEEPER DID NOT ANSWER HIS PHONE.
HE SAYS HE'S ON VACATION TILL TODAY:faint:
HOPE THIS NOT AN OMEN OF THE 10 DAYS TO COME:rofl:

I OF COURSE AM COOL, CALM & COLLECTED.
I'VE MADE UP MY MIND TO JUST CALL THE SENIOR DIRECTOR IF THERE IS A PROBLEM.
END OF STORY.....AND MY PATIENCE.
THEY CAN DANCE TO HIS TUNE FOR A CHANGE.

JEN IS GOOD. THE KIDS ARE GOOD.
RICHIE IS DYING OF THE HEAT.
I AM FINE AND LOOKING FORWARD TO A COOLER WEEK.
LOTS OF RAIN WITH TEMPS N THE UPPER 80'S.
BETTER THINK OF THINGS TO DO INDOORS.
MY MAINT MAN DELIVERED 4 BOOKS FROM THE LIBRARY.
LOTS OF TIME TO READ.:book2:

ANNIE....I PROMISE NOT TO WORK MY ARSE OFF WHILE YOU ARE LOSING YOURS IN THE LOO:hug:
I DON'T WANT TO GET YOU STRESSED OUT....IT'S NOT GOOD FOR THE BOWELS! :rofl:
HOPE TODAY YOU WILL BE FEELING MUCH BETTER :getwell:

LAURA....THE SMALLER PASS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA.
GLAD YOU GOT IT. HAPPY SPINNING.
I WON'T OVER DO IT IF YOU WONT!!
I DON'T WANT YOU GETTING DIZZY IN THE SPINNER:dizzy:
HOPE THE TRIP TO SEE THE :bb: IS GOOD.

HAPPY....WE COULD DO SOME DAMAGE AT THAT Pierogi Fest:hun:
BUT LIKE YOU I WOULD ONLY SUFFER LATER ON :lol3:
THE HUMMING BIRD STORY WAS CUTE. DUELING SWORDS!!
I CAN JUST SEE IT NOW.
YOU SHOULD WRITE A NATURE BOOK!
ALL ABOUT A CITY WOMAN MOVING TO THE COUNTRY.
THESE STORMS ARE FIERCE & FAST.
BARELY TIME TO GET INDOORS BEFORE THE LIGHTNING STRIKES.
BUT BEING ON THE CLIFFS WE GET EARLY WARNINGS.
THEN WE TUCK EVERYTHING INDOORS.
GLAD THE LAPTOP GOT DONE AND YOU GET DINNER AS A TREAT!:D

SHAD....SO GLAD YOU'RE HOME :hug: :hug:
HOPE YOU CAN UNWIND AND THEN REST UP.
WHEN DO YOU LEAVE TO SEE SOPHIA:bb:????
I PRINTED OUT SOP[HIA'S PICTURES.
THEN I MADE A LITTLE BOOK.
WHEN I HANDED IT TO JEN SHE WAS SMILING AND LAUGHING.
SHE SAID THESE PICS LOOK LIKE ME!!!
LONG LEGS, DARK HAIR AND LONG FINGERS.
NOW WE WONDER WHERE THOSE PICS ARE:?:
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND:beach:

annie175 07-28-2012 07:42 AM

Happy Saturday and Happy Birthday to my Momma, I am sure she is having the perfect, heavenly time celebrating!

SHADLET...glad you made it home safe. Let me know when you get my box of goodies.

MELLIE....sounds like you have a great attitude about the place this time. Yep just do some delegating and get the H out of it. Only been to the toitie twice this morning so far, well it is only 7:30 am, but better than yesterday.

We actually got almost an inch of rain at my house last evening. You could hear the lawn slurping it up and saying amen. We are now only down 11 inches of rain..no real relief in site.

In the past two days we have had two separate police shootings. Crazy men with assault rifles. Both situations the suspects were shot and killed. The first incident two cops were injured, hospitalized, surgery and their K9 dogging was killed. The second incident 3 officers shot, injured, and their K9 doggie was injured. I feel for the dogs more. Both incidents were not in the Indpls area. Two separate towns, however both east of here about 30 miles.

Brickyard 400 race is this weekend. That is Nascar for those of you that do not recognize the race. The town is crazy with fans. They have banned pit fires and charcoal grills in the parking lots (most of the are grass). Imagine drunk race fans not throwing their cig b*utts on the ground. Right...I am sure there will be some fire excitement.

Had some crazy dreams last night when I did sleep. Was on a party bus with family and friends, but forgot my purse on the bus and was having the dangest time trying to get it back. I woke up with relief that it was just a dream. Then another dream was was trying to help my momma and grandmomma pack to move. How strange as both are in heaven, wonder where they are moving to. lol

Guess I best get my bunz in gear. Got errands to do, house to clean, and garden to tend to.

Hi and have a great weekend all.

Loves and Hugs

ceejay52 07-28-2012 08:13 AM

morning
I've been missing in action but I've bee sick. Headache started on Saturday and progressively worsened that by Wednesday the ambulance and took me to the E. R. I do not want another headache like this again. I may take another few day off. On the bright side, I've lost 10 pounds.

MELODY525 07-28-2012 11:22 AM

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/im...r5B-Oi1OzJkLlQ

CEEJAY :getwell: I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE HEADACHE!
EVEN SORRIER YOU HAD TO GO TO THE ER!!:faint:
HOPE YOU JUST REST AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF.
DID YOU CALL IN SICK OR ARE YOU OFF THIS WEEKEND?
SENDING A BIG HUG YOUR WAY:hug:

ANNIE.....I AM STARTING TO THINK OF YOU WHEN I AM IN THE LOO.
NOT SURE THAT'S A GOOD THING OR NOT. ROFLMYAZZOFF!!!
AT LEAST WE CAN LAUGH ABOUT IT.
WEIRD DREAMS....
MAYBE MOMMA & GRANDMA ARE "MOVING" CLOSER TO YOU.
THEY KNOW THEIR BABY GIRL NEEDS A HUG NOW & THEN.
ALSO ...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM :hb: :gift:
LET US HOPE THE RACE FANS ARE CAREFUL WITH THE CIGARETTES.
AND VIOLENCE IS SO WIDESPREAD THAT IT SCARES ME. JEN TOO.
WE WERE JUST TALKING ABOUT IT THE OTHER DAY. :yikes:
HAPPY WEEKEND.

happy2bme 07-28-2012 01:34 PM

Afternoon kids,

Got up this morning to a totally hosed PC. Thought I had a virus. Called Dell and they did some more stuff to my system. Antivirus still not working, almost paid them big bucks to go in and remove it and then decided to do some research. I think my Antivirus is the problem, not a virus itself. I will try another provider since my subscription is due to expire. But that's how I spent the last 3 hours of an otherwise cool and gorgeous morning. :dizzy:

DH was also having problems. Thought I gave him a virus but he just coincidentally had hardware issues instead.

I am mad - have had grape tomatoes out of my garden but every big tomatoe - 5 so far has been infested with teeny tomato worms that burrow holes into the tomatoes. We are agressively spraying. They start up when the tomatoes are green and I have loads out there. I also picked some wild blackberries from the bushes at the edge of our mowed property - there are more bushes in the thicket but I'm not risking getting scratched, ticks or running into some large furry critter back there :yikes: Had a bowl of those berries with some of the blueberries and raspberries from the farm pickings we did. Oh super yummo!!!!!

I wanted a fish fry yesterday - we go out to dinner about once a week and usually we do fish fries. We were going to go to one place in town but the Lumberjack National Championships are in town this weekend - yes they come from all over the world - I hear the Australians are a force to be reckoned with.

Need to pause a minute and take care of something. I'll be back in a bit to finish my post.

happy2bme 07-28-2012 04:04 PM

ok, back for a minute. What a busted up day. :(

DH got a bill from the health insurance. Good bye savings :( :( In order to manage the premium costs we chose the mid level deductible. He had lots of doctor's appointments with this afib heart thing so in comes the bills and the first part of course all to the deductible. He looked at the bill and said "why do we have insurance". But at least that is done for him. He better go back to the doc alot between now and the end of the year to get our money's worth. :dizzy: :^: Anyway that puts the kabosh on spending some dollars for touristy things like renting a pontoon boat to spend the day on one of the lakes. :( And he didn't notice that his PC went out of warranty so it will cost $345 to get his laptop monitor fixed. :( :( Guess I'd better get a job...

Mel - loved the teddy bear and flowers today. ♥ :hug: Those seniors sure keep you hopping. Firebugs they are, I tell you. Good thing they are not in the drought land. Hope you can manage things for the next few days. Good plan to send the fires to the bosses.

Ceejay - sorry to hear about the headache. Sounds like a whopper. Hope you are doing better. What brought that on????

Annie - I hope those NASCAR people don't burn up the field with their ciggies. Hard to get them to understand what a danger that can be and why it's important to be mindful. As crazy as your dreams were at least that means you were sleeping and glad to hear that was happening for you.

Shad - welcome home. Hope you have a good weekend, I'm sure you'll be busy.

Hi's to the rest of the Worldies - I'm late, gotta get on with stuff.

diyana 07-28-2012 05:00 PM

Sorry I've been away so much. Can't post at work. Can't post much using my phone. And I've been so freakin' busy at home with DMIL's b'day celebrations (which started Thursday evening with cards, presents and cake), then Fish Fry last night, then one County fair today and another one tomorrow.

It's been lots of fun though. :) I've got to run a bunch of errands so I'd better get outta here soon.

================
Happy - I'm so sorry to hear about all the medical bills, computer repairs, etc. I totally understand about the deductible junk. We finally met DH's deductible at my old job, then I left and we went to DH's insurance...and the insurance doesn't pay a dang thing until we meet our deductible, which we (hopefully won't cuz it's $2,000 for each of us). Then, on Sept 1, I start getting insurance at my new job and at least the deductible will only be $300 each.

I hope y'all are enjoying the weekend.

Gotta run for now.

Much love,

Shad 07-28-2012 06:27 PM

Morning all,
Beautiful day out there and I will get this done and get out into it. Lots to do out there and I will have to resort to poison in a couple of areas to get rid of some particularly nasty weeds - several of which I never had before the floods hit us 18 months ago. These same weeds are becoming epidemic in the area. Unless everyone hits them with stuff (and not everyone will) then we will never be rid of them.

Annie - your parcel arrived. I found it yesterday. Thank you so much. It must have arrived Friday and DS2 didn't get around to telling me about it. I will take it down with me next Sunday. Let you know the reaction. Oh and while I think about it, better pm me your email address since the one I used a while back came back to me.
Your garden sounds great. The rain will make it sit up and take notice again and you will be picking more lettuce! :lol:
I hate it when I have dreams about losing my wallet or keys. It always seems so real.

Ceejay - hope that headache has completely gone by now. Have they done tests and figured out what caused it??

Mel - hope you stick with the idea of delegation. Sounds like you will have your work cut out for you.

Happy - I sometimes have problems with my virus protector. It's set at a very high level and gets grumpy with me if I loosen the parameters at all. But at least it works, however it does stop a few things from working properly which totally hacks me off. Then again, I am using Norton and it fights with the one that Windows 7 has installed, so I should expect bugs from time to time and it is better that I have two things looking out for me and occasionally causing problems than have a full scale crash. Facebook is good at virus' which is why I don't play any of the games or give permission for any other program to use my facebook information. And now the tv is talking about a cyber terror attack. Oh goody. :nono:

Michelle - hope you are enjoying that new job. It seems to be keeping you busy. House and garden also keeps me busy and now I am home DS2 will be at me to help with the painting of his rental house which was vacated a couple of weeks ago. He has some renovations to do before it can be re-rented.
Hope you enjoyed DMIL birthday celebrations. Precious memories. As for the decluttering, I have 4 of those plastic storage containers on wheels with lids. They are labelled Keep, Discard, Maybe, Charity. I thow things into them and put the lid on. The place is decluttered and I have to deal with the storage bins. I usually begin with the discard and charity ones. Gets rid of two loads at one time. Then I work my way through the other two.

Anyway, this is not getting my work out there done. I need to turn off the tv and stop thinking about the whinging olympics (swimmers not doing too well - although the relay girls won gold) which already is only about winning and sponsorship and not about endeavour or sport. Dear God tears already from one of the women competing in swimming.
Some have been sent home for fighting, some for drugs, some for bad behaviour. Spoilt, pampered children who do little for so much. Okay, off the :soap: and out in the sun. See ya

MELODY525 07-29-2012 06:36 AM

http://suzann.com/images/Web/animated/hello3.gif

MORNING CHICKS.
DARK & RAINY HERE. WILL WE EVER HAVE A DRY SUMMER THIS YEAR?
I FEEL LIKE I'M RIDING AROUND IN THE AMAZON JUNGLEhttps://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/im...AJsilfRvidU59A
NOT MUCH NEW. QUIETER NIGHT. NO ALARMS.
SLEPT LIKE A MUMMY. A/C ON HIGH & ALL WRAPPED UP IN A BLANKIE.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY :moped:

EDIT: OOPS.....FORGOT PERSONALS.................

HAPPY....I AM ON A TEDDY BEAR JPEG KICK RIGHT NOW. LOL
I AM VERY SORRY INDEED TO HEAR ABOUT THE MEDICAL BILLS.
PRICES IN HEALTH CARE ARE JUST RIDICULOUS.
WISH I HAD SOMETHING SOOTHING TO SAY.
SENDING YOU BOTH A HUG ANYWAY :hug:
LUMBER JACKS YOU SAY? :love: :belly:
I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!!
TOO BAD ABOUT THE TOMATOES.
I HAVE READ ALL AROUND THE NET WHERE PEOPLE IN ALMOST EVERY STATE
ARE HAVING BUG PROBLEMS. VERY SAD AFTER ALL THE WAITING.
GLAD YOU FOUND THE PC PROBLEM AND DH TOO.
IT WAS EASIER FOR ME TO PAY THE BIG BUCKS TO GET MINE FIXED.:rofl:

SHAD.......WHEN ARE YOU LEAVING TO SEE SOPHIA???
I AGREE ON THE OLYMPICS. LOTS OF DRAMA THIS YEAR.
BUNCH OF BRATS. :nono:
I HAVE YOU SITTING ON MY SHOULDER.....WITH YOUR VOICE IN MY EAR.
I WON'T BE MAKING ANY SACRIFICES THIS TIME WITH HEALTH ISSUES.
IT ONLY TOOK ME ALL THESE MANY YEARS WE'VE BEEN FRIENDS TO LEARN BUT I HAVE:hug:
I SEE YOU TOLD ANNIE YOU'RE LEAVING NEXT SUNDAY, WANNA CHAT BEFORE YOU GO?? OR WHEN YOU COME HOME???

MICHELLE......HAVING FUN & GETTING OUT IN BETWEEN WORKING IS A GOOD THING.
ENJOY THE DOWN TIME AND WE'LL SEE YOU WHEN YOU GET A MO' TO SAY HELLO.

diyana 07-29-2012 08:27 AM

Good morning ladies -

I've got some quiet time before DH and DMIL wake up, though I'll be waking them up shortly so we can get an early start to the fair to see the animals in the cool of the morning. We won't stay the whole day there...just long enough to see the animals, take a look at the crafts and photographs submitted, and maybe before we leave the grilled corn on the cob booth will be open so DH can have some.

I'm supposed to meet with a friend/website client this afternoon...but I'm just not wanting to. So I may call and cancel. I've got laundry to get done, and I just kinda want some down time.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention....a few of my new co-workers on the IT Department side are using My Fitness Pal to track food and exercise...so we're supporting each other in our efforts. It's nice to have some workplace support too, since I can't post to you chicks from my work. The people I work with in Marketing are skinny, young and beautiful. Dang It! :tantrum: :rofl:

============================

Mel - Good for you for deciding to call the senior director. Let these be his/her headaches rather than yours.

Ceejay - Speaking of headaches...yikes! You've had a doozy. I hope you're doing better today. I used to get migraines that would last a week...and I'd get really nauseous from them. One tip with headaches...you may already know this...but I've found that if I take something (like an Excedrin or two) when it's first coming on, I can nip it in the bud. Hang in there, my friend.

Shad - Thanks for the excellent tip on the 4 bins. That's a great idea. You've inspired me to do a little decluttering after we get home from the fair.

Laura - Good for you for registering for spinning and group fitness classes. I'm planning/hoping to get back to the gym this week. I hope you have fun today at bf's friend's celebration!

Happy - The job you interviewed for sounds really interesting. Variety is very good. And it sounds like you'll get along with at least those two women. :) Best of luck to you. :crossed:

Annie - I hope those Brickyard folks don't burn down the state with their ciggie butts, and that you enjoyed meeting up with your friends who were in town.

Ellen - Are you and the family enjoying the weekend? I hope so. :)

Well, I'd better go wake everyone up.

Much love,

upswife 07-29-2012 10:03 AM

Good Morning Chicks!! Sorry about being MIA most of the week. I just keep running and running...to bad it never seems to affect my weight!!! :rofl: DH is on vacation this week too and I had to switch my work days this week, so I will prob be a little scarce. Just want to make it thru the day and go to sleep...It has been so slow at work, I will try to catch up and see what has been going on this last week.

Ok, Luv and hugs ladies.

happy2bme 07-29-2012 01:01 PM

Happy Sunday all,

Right now it's both overcast but there are big holes in the clouds so you get gray and big blobs of sun. Rain is supposed to be moving in over the early afternoon - I know if we plan on doing anything outside, it will zoom in the rain clouds. My cucumbers are doing well but it looks like all my tomatoes are affected by the tomato worms boring holes in the fruit. The snap peas have petered out but it's supposed to turn cooler in the 70's during the day so maybe they will make a comeback. The lettuces are still producing but I don't know about the bell peppers - the plants are small but have alot of blossoms - not big enough to support much of a pepper. I guess I could sow some seeds in my pots to replace the spent cilantro and dill. Discovered I really like the lemon taste of lemon balm but found that it is not recommended if you have thyroid issues as it interferes with the meds :( Part of me is excited for autumn colors this year but as the days get noticeably shorter and the cooler weather heads in next week, I also am a little sad that summer is drawing to a close - and it's not even August yet! I have a feeling with a warmer than usual summer so far, we will probably have another milder winter and that's ok with me.

Ellen - I hear you on the run run and funny how that doesn't seem to affect the weight at all. I really am starting to believe what one person said about new pounds and old pounds - you have a set time - about 2 weeks to get off a new pound(s) after that it becomes old pounds that stubbornly cling no matter what :lol: Hope work picks up enough so that you don't nod off at the desk.

Michelle - I understand your reluctance to look at web work this weekend. You have been running hard and being new to the job so much learning really tires one out. That's good that there are some folks at work who will join together for accountability - always helps. And ... as for the cuties in Marketing, wish we didn't have to be reminded we aren't the spring chickens anymore - but that happens. Hopefully they are as nice as they are cute.

Hello Mel - BearLY holding on there? :rofl: Thanks for the hug. So wierd the weather - you are getting soggy, Annie is parched dry and we are just about right although north of here they are getting pounding storms and flooding. My Mom said she noticed food prices going up already - easy to see as corn is so integral to everything - food, by products, even gasoline has a corn additive. I looked at the pictures of the lumberjacks on the website - although I am sure they are very talented, they're not giving the firemen a run for the money if you know what I mean ;) although I have not seen the Australian team. :D The women's all around champion looks like she could kick all of our collective :censored: with one arm tied around her back. :yikes:

Well here it is noon and for once it looks like they are right on the weather - the cloud bottoms are tinting darker. Hope it rains for at least 30 minutes so I won't have to drag the hose to the garden :lol: Think I'll go take an inventory of the refrigerator and freezer - I don't feel like going to the grocery store either. Have a good Sunday chicks. :wave:

Laura705 07-29-2012 09:26 PM

Hello Worldlies. Just a quick checkin for me. Bf & I drove to indiana today to see the friend's first grandbaby - a very cute little thing. After an hour plus drive each way, I walked the dog & I'm now ready for a bit of couch/tv time.

Yesterday after some banking, i decided it was a beautiful day for a bike ride. Between riding to and from the trail and the time on the trail, I think it was about 15 miles in all. My tush is a bit sore today, but my quads aren't feeling it yet. We'll see... In the evening bf & I met a couple we know at our village's "block party" & classic auto show.

I'll save personals for tomorrow. Sweet dreams all. :)

ceejay52 07-29-2012 11:10 PM

a quick check in for me. I'm going back to the doctor for a follow up from the E. R. visit in the morning. My exit paper from E,.R. stated that I had migrains and a urinary tract infection, plus I need rx's refilled. More later.

diyana 07-30-2012 06:09 AM

Good morning ladies -

Quick post for me. I'm sore after walking at the fairs both Saturday and Sunday. But we all had a great time. Not sure how I'll manage State Fair, which starts this Thursday, but again State Fair is so much fun....that's it's worth a bit of soreness. :)

I'll try and post personals later.

Much love,