3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldly Chicks Jumping JOY-ously in July (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/262040-worldly-chicks-jumping-joy-ously-july.html)

Laura705 07-13-2012 04:11 PM

Oh Annie - thought of you this morning when someone on the radio played a little bit of this old song:

Artist: Roger Miller
Song: Little Green Apples
Album: All Time Greatest Hits Roger Miller Sheet Music
Roger Miller CDs

And i wake up in the morning with my hair down in my eyes and she says hi
And i stumble to the breakfast table while the kids are going off to school, goodbye.
And she reaches out and takes my hand and squeezes it and says how you feeling hon?
And i look across at smiling lips that warm my heart, and see my morning sun.

And if that's not loving me, then all i've got to say,
God didn't make the little green apples, and it don't rain in indianapolis in the summer time.And there's no such thing as dr. seuss or disney land and mother goose, no nursery rhymes.
God didn't make the little green apples, and it don't rain in indianapolis in the summer time.
And when myself is feeling low, i think about her face and go and ease my mind.

Sometimes i call her up, at home, knowing she's busy.
And ask her if she can get away, meet me and maybe we can grab a bite to eat.
And she drops what she's doing and she hurries down to meet me, and i'm always late.
But she sits waiting patiently, and smiles when she first sees me, because she's made that way.

And if that ain't loving me, then all i've got to say,
God didn't make the little green apples, and it don't snow in minneapolis when the winter comes.
And there's no such thing as make-believe, puppy dogs or autumn leaves, no bb guns.
God didn't make the little green apples, and it don't snow in minneapolis when the winter comes

Shad 07-13-2012 07:58 PM

Morning all

Latest on Sophia from Brendan last night:
Sophia's condition has improved greatly . Oxygen saturation levels have improved throughout the day and oxygen flow has been reduced from 4 to 2 litres per minute.
Midwife feels that the oxygen flow will be discontinued tomorrow (today) and monitoring to occur for the next 24 hours. After the pediatrician has confirmed these findings she will be returned to neo natal special care. Fingers crossed and thanks to everyone for all the positive thoughts and messages with love and hugs.
Good news indeed.

Can't post for long. Have friends coming and I need to clean the bathroom and loo before then. Have finished (more or less) in the lounge, kitchen and dining room and provided the cat doesn't decide to shed more fur then it will pass muster.

Laura is singing. Must be okay in her world. Sorry to read about the fingers Laura. Hope they feel better very soon. Is it still quiet at work?

Happy - hope that muscle spasm goes away soon. Can't run from bears or bunnies with a stitch in your side.

Ellen - good to hear that Mum is going along and getting moving again. Bet it is a great relief to the family.

Annie - fortunately she really has only had one day of bad breathing and is coming out of it nicely thank heaven. I've replied to the PM thanks.

Michelle - glad to hear that you are leaving with good vibes and grace. Hate leaving a place when the vibes are bad. Hope the new one is as good.

Ceejay is probably now well on her way to Pidgeon Forge. Hope you have a great time with the family.

Mel - naming the heatwaves :rofl: yeah right. Glad that the building passed the test this time - well at least I think it did. Maybe I haven't been keeping up as well as I should. Poor ol' Richie. Such an emotional boy. Still he obviously loves Jen (and you) and will be some help to her in the next phases of her life.

That bloody cat - just came in, sat on a chair and proceeded to pull out hunks of fur. Grrrrrrr. Her life hangs in the balance.

Gotta go. Catch up soon

annie175 07-13-2012 08:41 PM

Hey Girls....this is my night to stay up late...don't have to work tomorrow! C has already gone to bed so I am on my own to party by myself. Watching TWISTER. I love that movie, glad it is on the tube while I post. Helen Hunt is great in this movie. I like her, even tho i think she may play for the opposite team...

Shadlet...good news on the babe...YEAH! Sometimes I wonder if guests notice the dirt more than we do...we often worry about the crap when they do not even care or have the same cleaning ethics we do. But as you, I will clean, just in case.

LAURA...as corny as it sounds, I absolutely love that song. Right now, it doesn't rain in Indianpolis at ALL, at least where I live. Hope you have the opportunity to come and visit with me and experience INDY soon! Make good use of lodging when something comes to town you would like to do, or just would like to visit this city....

ELLEN...glad you had a minute to check in....I know what you mean about typing and getting on site....after being on the computer all day at work, sometimes it takes a real effort to post to the chicks. Good for you to enjoy the lil ones while you can...my wish is that I could of spent more time with Samantha and Jake doing fun stuff. They both keep reminding me that I did a lot with them and there should be no regrets, but I still feel guilty....do all you can with your lil ones....

C promises me a wonderful night with him and no early go to bed times. I told him we could go to bed early if we celebrated together in bed...lol

Made zucchini bread tonight. Eight loaves of mini bread and one loaf of regular size bread. Will keep the full size loaf for C, then give away the lil loaves. I want to take several mini loaves to CVS for my pals. One of my pals from CVS sent me a personal email asking if I was ok and why was my FB account closed. God love her...I assured her it was all good. I will go into CVS tomorrow and visit with her and give her a loaf of zucchini bread to calm her nerves. lol.

May be back later if I cannot sleep and still up.

Have a marvelous day/night.....love you all...

annie175 07-13-2012 08:44 PM

HAPPY....holy smokes, sure hope your aches and pains are temporary and the heating pad does wonders....maybe try some of that foul smelling rub on stuff that is supposed to make you feel wonderful...BENGAY or ICY HOT..something in that category....Hugs to you and feel better...

annie175 07-13-2012 09:31 PM

D*MN IT I was posting about Sylveter Stalone's son that died of an overdose. It is sad that it comes to that. What a tender age of 36, to think your life is over. God love his soul and forgive him enough to go to heaven.

ceejay52 07-13-2012 10:11 PM

just wanted to let you guys know that I'm in Pigeon Forge. It's beautiful up here.

MELODY525 07-14-2012 07:12 AM

http://img.spicecomments.com/good_morning/00010.jpg

MORNNG CHICKS:cofdate:

LOTS OF HEAT & HUMIDITY FOR A WEEK.
GUESS I WON'T BE OUTSIDE TOO MUCH NOW.
WORKED YESTERDAY BUT I FLEW THRU THE "FAVORS".
GOT DONE EARLY AND HAD A HOT SHOWER AND JAMMIES.
TALKED TO JEN LAST NIGHT.
RICHIE IS WORKING THE ENTIRE WEEKEND.
HE'S HOPING TO GET SOME DAYS OFF DURING THE HEAT NEXT WEEK.
WE'LL SEE CAUSE HIS BOSS NEVER KEEPS HIS PROMISES.
NOTHING ELSE NEW HERE
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND:mope:

LAURA.....HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER OVER THE WEEKEND.
TEA BAGS ARE GOOD FOR BRUISES. WARM ONES THAT IS.
I USE THEM ON THE SENIORS FACES.
EVERY TIME THEY FALL IT'S FACE FIRST.:cry:
WORKING ON YUCKIES ALL WEEK DESERVES A GOOD WEEKEND:hug:
HOMEMADE ICE CREAM? ....BE RIGHT OVER :scooter:

ANNIE.....A LUNCH TIME GIRLIE EVENT!!
GOTTA BE A GOOD THING AND WORTH THAT EXTRA CASH!
FUNNY HOW BIRDS AND OTHER ANIMALS CAN FIND WAYS TO GET INSIDE.
HAD A LAUGH AT THE ONE BY THE LIGHT BULB. COZY!!!
YOU GOT ME TO WONDERING....I CAN'T SIT IN A BATH.
BUT NOW I WONDER IF I PUT EPSOM SALTS IN A BUCKET AND POURED IT OVER ME.
WOULD IT HAVE THE SAME EFFECT.
I MISS THOSE LONG SOAKS SO MUCH.
PRT 2: YUM ON THE BREAD. I LOVE THE SMELL!!
HOPE YOUR FRIENDS DON'T MISS YOU TOO MUCH ON FB.
SHAME IT HAD TO COME TO THAT:hug:

ELLEN.....GLAD MOM IS PROGRESSING.
I'D BE TOO TIRED TO TYPE TOO IF I WERE YOU!!
REST EVERY CHANCE YOU GET :hug:
I LAUGH AT THE TILTED KILT.....MY MIND SPENDS FAR TOO MUCH TIME IN THE GUTTER! :rofl:

HAPPY....OMG!! OUCH!!! HOPE THE HEATING PAD WORKED.
BE A SHAME TO MISS A WOLF RUN. (WHATEVER THAT IS) :lol3:

CEEJAY........I AM SO GLAD YOU ARRIVED SAFE AND SOUND:hug:
HOPE YOU GET TO TELL US ALL ABOUT YOUR TRIP AND VISIT!!!

SHAD....I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW JEN THE PICS.
RICHIE WAS GOING TO TAKE EVERYTHING UP BUT HE'S NOT GOING NOW.
JEN IS COMING HOME FRIDAY FOR THE WEEKEND.
THEY ARE ALL SPENDING TIME TOGETHER WITH THE FAMILY.
SHE WILL BE SO SURPRISED TO SEE SOPHIA!!
SENDING THE BABE LOTS OF LOVE & KISSES :love:
HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME WITH FRIENDS.
BEEN A LONG TIME INCE YOU HAD A GOOD CHANCE TO RELAX AND HAVE SOME FUN.
STAY WELL AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND:hug:

annie175 07-14-2012 07:39 AM

Morning All...

MELLIE....I think lil man and lil babe Sophia will make an awesome couple and will be keepin it in the fam! LOL. OF course lil man will be president some day and Miss S will be Mrs. Pres. We've got hiiiigh hopes....Poor Seniors when they fall. Sit there arses down and watch some of the tapes they have available. You and Richie will be excited to see Jen. Too bad his kids come and he doesn't get to spend much time with them. That kind of sucks. Richie's boss sounds like a fuddy duddy when it comes to promises. How can people expect respect when they do not follow through with their promises. Sad. Wish I could send you some of the bread. Got 8 mini loaves and one large loaf. I will be sharing the mini loaves with CVS pals and the kids. All will be happy. I do not think pouring the bucket of epsom salt water over your head is the same but I am sure the wine will have the same effect whether you drink in while batheing or in your chair, bed, couch,whereever...lol

CEEG....glad you made it safely to PF. Wish I was there with you having fun. Maybe some day we all can meet somewhere. I just love my worldlie friends and want to meet everyone. Hope you have some great weather. Do some "fun" shopping for yourself. At least get a t-shirt...haha My color is pink!

Sorry if I have repeated myself in posting....I cannot remember from one day to the next and refuse to go back a read my own posts.

Todays agenda...deliver breads, grocery, get gas, come home and mop my kitchen floor as when I bake, I make a mess of it. I have to sweep and mop as if I do not, ants find their way to my kitchen. LIL B*ST*RDS! Oh and wash my sheets and put my bed back together. I love fresh sheets. So comfortable and smooth.

Trying to decide what on earth to make for dinner for my man. My mind is a blank but hope to think of something before I go to the grocery.

Hello to all my sweet sisters...hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Loves and hugs

annie175 07-14-2012 07:56 AM

Zucchini Pizza Bake

Rated: http://images.media-allrecipes.com/g...FB6400/4.5.gifPrep Time: 30 MinutesReady In: 1 Hour 10 MinutesSubmitted By: ChristinaCook Time: 40 MinutesServings: 6"A cheesy zucchini crust is filled with a beefy tomato sauce, fresh vegetables, and Mozzarella cheese."
Ingredients:
4 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced black olives
Directions:

Zucchini Pizza Bake (continued)2 of 2Directions: (continued)
1.Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place the zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt; let drain for 15 minutes then squeeze out the moisture.2.Combine the zucchini, eggs, Parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack in a large bowl. Press the mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.3.While the zucchini crust is baking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the ground beef and onion. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Stir in the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.4.Spoon the sauce mixture over the baked zucchini crust. Top with the bell pepper, mushrooms, black olives, and the remaining mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses. Return to the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until heated through. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.

This is what's for dinner. Come on over...I will serve it all...pizza, wine and a great time!

upswife 07-14-2012 09:44 AM

Good morning ladies!!

Not much going on in my neck of the woods. Just waiting at work for now, trying to stay awake. My SIL pocket dialed me this morning at 4:30am then I could not fall back to sleep. but I had to be up at 6am for work, so it was not too much sllep deprevation. No big plans for today. Work until 4pm then head home to relax.

Happy~I hope you back is feeling better soon. You should try alternating the heating pad and an ice pack. It will help relax and numb the pain.

Melody~Your weather sounds like ours. I drove to work this morning and it was already hot and humid and the sun wasn't fully up yet. I hope Richie get to have a couple of days off especially in this heat. My mind also spend too much time in the gutter, but it really is a nice place and the waitresses are really nice---even if only half dressed!! And the food is awsome!! Best sweet potato fries ever.

Annie~you are always so busy...it make my head spin all that you are able to accomplish everyday...as for the little ants put some corn meal around the perimiter of the room and the ants will eat it but be unable to digest. You must have had a bumper crop of zuchini...first bread and now a pizza bake!!

Ceejay~Thanks for letting us know that you made it safely. I always worry whenever someone is on a long road trip. I hope you enjoy Pigeon Forge and get to spend plenty of time with family!!

Shad~So glad to hear the news about little Sophia. Sending more Prayers for her and the new family. I know when I have company coming over I clean every little thing...I don't think the company notices...just happy to hang out with everyone.

Laura~how are you this morning? did you get rain last night..it mostly skipped over us. Had thunder and lighning and no rain. Sorry to hear about your crash, but sounds like something I would do...I get worried about crashing on my bike, just because there is more of me to hurt these days!!! Keep icing your fingers and listen to your body if you are achy.

Patty~Good news on your mom, I hope now that they know what the problem is they will have a plan in place. Did you do all the driving on your trip to San Antonio? or were you able to split the drive time with your Dad?

Michelle~that is so great that you were able to leave on good teams with an offer to come back if needed. I hope you new Hospital job is everything you want. Hope Dh is feeling better...I am sure this humidity is not helping things tho.

Ok, back to work for me now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

annie175 07-14-2012 12:39 PM

OMGoodness Ladies...it is raining in my yard. Not all over Indiana but it is coming down in buckets and can even hear the gutter spouts draining. I am so excited for rain. AND I DO NOT HAVE TO WATER MY GARDENS TONIGHT. YEAH!! Truly a watering day holiday! Thank you Jesus for the rain in my life. Amen! Plus it didn't start till I had all the groceries in and was sitting down to read my PEOPLE magazine about Katie and Tom's divorce. I am in Katie's corner, Tom Cruise is just weird with all that scientology crap, IMO. I mean really, no GOD or any kind of religion that this nut came up with it about 75 years ago. Sorry if I offend any of you. I guess it just does not make any sense to me.

ELLEN....yes, get back to work, even if it is boring and nothing is happening. lol. I am with you...sometimes we have to take a break from the job and do something like post to the worldlies to stay sane. Hope it picks up for you. I hear you on pocket dials. Last weekend when we were keeping lil man, my daughter pocket dialed me at 1:30 am from the bar they were at and I was up almost the rest of the night. It even woke lil man for a few minutes as my phone was in the bedroom with us. (I put his pak n play in our room, I don't want to miss something important).

Rain has stopped but hoping for more. Things are wet, but could use more. Going out to investigate the gardens and yard. I am so excited. I need to get a life.

Happy afternoon/night.

Hugs

happy2bme 07-14-2012 12:42 PM

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all your sympathy. I sat in a chair yesterday with an ice pack. Fell sound asleep so eventually my body heat turned that ice pack into a hot pad :lol: I'm not sure when I sat down but I woke up close to 7pm so I'm thinking I slept for about 3 hours. Asked DH why he didn't wake me sooner and he said he knew I was hurting so he left me be. Didn't do a lick of good - still had the pain and it of course killed my desire to sleep so I didn't go to bed until 3am. I did take some ibuprofen which helped ease the crick. Have it a bit this morning, guess I'll have to plod up with some more pills. We are supposed to go on a tour from the natural history museum. A lecture, dinner and then a ride into the woods looking for wolf tracks and listening for wolf howls. Tour ends just before the wolf pack goes after and takes down the one tour person foolish enough to separate from the group :rofl: Seriously, it sounds like an interesting thing so I'm hoping I'm feeling up to it. Maybe a hot shower and more Motrin will help.

I'm noticing the days getting shorter already and the mornings seem a bit cooler and wetter. Summer goes downhill fast after the July 4th holiday, but I am really looking forward to the autumn color season here and we got enough rain so far that we should get good colors. And an end to the horseflies that buzz my head in the yard :lol:

Ellen - getting up for work at 6am - ugh. Hope you're not too sleepy with the interuption this morning. What's your SIL doing up pocket dialing at 4:30???? :lol: It's good that the Tilted Kilt has great food - I guess I am just lacking too much in self esteem to want to spend time in a place where you just know hubby is trying to avoid letting me see he's looking "at the show". Yay for those women confident enough to say - hey there's no harm in looking...

Annie - I stopped at a roadside truck and got some tomatoes yesterday. They had the biggest zuchinni I ever saw - must have been as long as my forearm to the fingertips. They said these were the "smaller" ones. :yikes: Could have made the pizza, bread and a pot of soup from that. Thanks for the recipe - that sounds really easy, fresh and delicious. :hungry: There's only one thing better than fresh sheets and that's fresh sheets dried on a clothesline outside. Oh heaven!!!!!!!!!! Sorry you left Facebook - I've been seriously thinking of dropping it too. Most of my "friends" watch my posts but never talk to me so what's the point? :shrug:

As for Stallone's son, guess the real shame is that people still feel the need to add spice to their lives with drugs and alchohol, never realizing what a slippery slope that can be.

Mel - hope you get a break from the humidity. Sounds like you have the office in control which is good. I do wish they would give Ritchie the time off they promise - sounds like he could use a break. I guess once we build the commune we will have to add one of those sit in type bath tubs. The kind that has a door, then we can all try it out. Just don't know how the septic system feels about epsom salts :lol:

Shad - glad to hear you got good news on Sophia. Hope it stays that way. Did you have a good evening with your friends?

Laura - OMG - was and still am singing Little Green Apples. :lol: Good catch on the lyric! Hope your hand is feeling better. Ouch on the fall. I hate when people say "you have to be more careful" - geez it's not like one was gunning for a crash or something :rolleyes: Feel better :hug: Are you thinking of seeing that Bruce Willis movie? Looks like it might be kind of goofy but it's getting good reviews.

Ceejay - enjoy Pidgeon Forge, I know you will. Take in some sights for me too.

Michelle - hope you are enjoying your weekend. Good luck on the new job. That's really flattering that your job offered to try and find some contract work but honestly, with as busy a life as you have already would you ever really have time for that? Perhaps if you didn't have your side web work. Just don't want you to burn yourself out. Bad enough DH is having a hard time getting well, don't get run down too. I hope the new job is everything you hope it will be, the commute certainly will be better but will you have to park miles away - I imagine they have a huge campus.

Gotta get something in my tummy and get ready for the rest of the day. Have a good weekend kids.

happy2bme 07-14-2012 12:44 PM

Annie :yay: on the rain. :dance: :dance: :dance: rain dance for you. Hope there is more. Saw an overhead shot of Indy on our news yesterday - brown and dry as straw. They said the only green is trees and that is barely. I will try and blow the clouds south and east for you...

annie175 07-14-2012 01:10 PM

Happy....thanks for the added rain dance. We certainly need it. I am hoping that the dark clouds I am seeing brings more rain. I have decided I love yellow zucchini better than the green. No real reason other than I like the color...lol. Hope you are feeling much better and taking care of YOU!. The older I get, the more things take a toll on my attitude and movement. Why oh why? Better living through chemicals and hot showers! Hugs sweet sister and may the force be with you....xoo

annie175 07-14-2012 01:32 PM

My gardens

3 Attachment(s)
oK..one pix is of my nephew and brother, father and son playing at the last gig for the band.

The Rose of Sharon is the bust I planted in honer of my momma. Only one of her favorites.

The last pix is only part of my garden...I have another plot of more veggies.