3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Slow Dancing With A Stranger {11} WoW! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/258114-slow-dancing-stranger-%7B11%7D-wow.html)

K9Owner 05-21-2012 01:31 PM

Add me to the cranky list!
I have been snappy according to DH for the last 4 days, but I think it is just his perception.
I am home & have a ton of work to do.
I am around the same weight as last week before Tahoe.

144.8 this a.m. WITH TOM!
I'm ready to start the weights, but I now have no clue where to start.
I was so motivated before the race to get started on this plan & now that it's time to start, I don't know where to begin :dz:

I am in a super bad mood today. I went to bed this way and woke up this way.
I feel as though I may be in good company.

Alaskan: I have heard that as well about Vit D, but I don't take it. I try my best to be in the sun as much as possible.

Sum38 05-21-2012 08:01 PM

We are so wonderful :love: our poor husbands!!

Krystal, I wanna hear about your vacation!!

I did 3 planks today; 1 minute each...THEY SUCK!

alaskanlaughter 05-22-2012 12:13 AM

i had far more sugar and calories than i really should have had this weekend, including friday night...im back on track today, back in my routine, ending the day at 1590 calories (possibly a little more if i mis-measured the rice) and spent 240 calories in a workout (possibly more but thats what the treadmill said)

VENT!!!! so there's this neighbor girl down the street that likes to come over...she's 4th grade but clearly operates at a younger age because she likes to play with my 6 year old...i want to be welcoming and provide a stable place for her to play...she lives with her very old grandmother and has no contact with her parents, who do not raise her or live here...she lives in a big house and goes to a private religious school in town...but this girl Drives Me Nuts!! it's like work having her over here because i constantly have to supervise her

ive had many kids over at my house and have done home childcare by myself during the summer months...ive had children over with autism, ADHD and early developmental delays...and this girl requires more supervision than that

she does very quiet, sneaky things or just random things that i have to keep telling her to stop doing...one time she was messing around with the controls to the automatic hydraulic chair that we keep for grandma in the house (lifts her out of it) and i told her to stop Over And Over and she wouldn't until i unplugged the darn thing and THEN she got very quietly mad at me and when i wasnt looking, she erased all our data off the kids' Wii system

ive caught her tearing apart the wooden cover to the sandbox...she throws toys all over the yard for the puppy and nearly knocked over our new plants this afternoon with it...she changes the TV channels when i leave the room...she bothers the puppy and WILL NOT STOP when i tell her to unless i get very stern with her about it...today i caught her just standing by our new dirt/seeds boxes, randomly removing clumps of dirt with her hands, where i had JUST planted the seeds last night...i have no idea how many seeds she disturbed with that...i once caught her banging on our fuel tank with a big metal piece of something (no clue where she got it), caught her trying to take apart the fence gate that separates front and back yard...caught her banging on the bbq grill on the back deck, taking it apart and shoving a toy Elmo inside it...

WTH??? DH really likes this little girl, he sees in her the same abandoned native alaskan children who he grew up with...and i try to be nice to her and let her play but OMG i have to supervise her All The Time...

Sum38 05-22-2012 07:55 AM

Alaskan, she is old enough to follow "house rules" I would give her a "time out"....say since u
You don't respect our house rules you can not visit us for three days. Yup I am a tough mama.

Sum38 05-22-2012 07:58 AM

Pre TOM week continues....147 lbs for me....up 2 pounds from Friday. I feel starving today...I slept like poop...I was up 4am....I had just fallen back to sleep when alarm whent off at 6 am. I can't wait for summer....and hate to say this, but since P travels so much, I won't be woken up if I fall back to sleep :D

Be back later for personals....hopefully today, kinda crazy day ahead. I am on iPad and it is so UN user friendly.

ItsMyTurn 05-22-2012 07:59 AM

Krystal, Jo, Kristiina - TOM for me too and no ADHD meds for over a week... you all wanna talk about cranky-pants??? :lol:

Kristiina - I have no doubt that tortilla will leave ya :)

Krystal - I hope you wake in a better mood today :) :hug:

Alaskan - the girl is in your house, treat her as yours - that means discipline along with attention... time-out her butt! :)

I will be on vacation (staycation) after I get through work today. Parents fly in tonight, and I probably will be away from the boards for the most part for the week. Don't worry though, I won't have gone far.. promise :D Excessive heat warning today, 110 is what they are predicting... what great temps for my parents to fly into from MAINE! :rofl: Climate-shock!

We have SOOO many changes coming up and I am all nerves about them, but excited too. I go tomorrow to fill out schooling paperwork (loan, registration, get class schedule, etc). So I will be f/t work, f/t schooling, and mom and wife.. I can do this. Then once DD16 has her knee replacement, DH is going to trucking school and going to work off the tuition amount for at least a year with employment with the company - which means he will be gone 28 days at a time, home for 2, gone 28, home 2, etc.... so add in taking the kids to their appts, etc along with the rest of my schedule... ummmmmm.... I can do it? :lol: Drastic times call for drastic measures though, and we are there. I am not even sure I will notice he isn't here as busy as I will be, :rofl:

Happy Tuesday all!!!! Have a super day! Hugs to all my cranky-pants buddies!

jomatho 05-22-2012 09:20 AM

Ugh.
I have a service technician coming today to figure out why my built in microwave is turning on when you just shut the door and of course the service "window" is 1:00-3:00
I am supposed to meet DH (30 minutes away) at 2:00 to meet the medical equipment guy to learn how to apply DS shoulder immobilizer and cooling unit in preparation for his surgery
And the track meet today is earlier than usual due to it being a conference meet and supposed to start at 3:30 instead of 4 and it is about 30 minutes from where I will be meeting DH.
Damn service people. If I ever run a service company, the customer will get to pick the time or window that is convenient for them!
Why does everything always happen at the same time?
Okay rant over.
Grumble, grumble, grumble.
Oh, and for some reason I am holding onto water like it is going out of style this month. My fingers are swollen along with my feet, although they don't look as bad as last night. Not sure if it is sodium, TOM, the heat I have been working in or what. I have not dared the scale in two days. I haven't swollen up like this in a long time. It sux!

alaskanlaughter 05-22-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 4342221)
Alaskan, she is old enough to follow "house rules" I would give her a "time out"....say since u
You don't respect our house rules you can not visit us for three days. Yup I am a tough mama.

i dont think she MEANS to be acting like that...i truly think she has FASD and also very few boundaries...i do think she does some things when she gets mad, like messing up our Wii system...i didnt let her play the Wii for a long time and will NEVER let her play on my iPhone although DH lets her play on his iPhone...she doesnt get mad at DH but he also doesnt get on her much...she gets mad at me, probably because i always catch her doing stuff

today is my birthday!! i am 35 but i'm still claiming 27 LOL

DH and kids gave me cards this morning :) little son would like to bake me cupcakes tonight so him and DH will probably bake, or perhaps i'll help him do that...maybe later we'll go for a motorcycle ride once the kids are in bed

had a nice workout...am aiming for 4 days this week because we leave friday to go camping all weekend out on an island

a whole island all to ourselves (well, us and all the cousins and their kids, but we're all together)...taking BIL's skiff out there, a whole weekend of campfires and playing on the beaches, crab potting out in the ocean, fresh crab at night over the campfire...is always fun to go out there

K9Owner 05-22-2012 11:16 PM

Star: That schedule sounds very busy. I know you can do it. You are very motivated and focused!

Alaskan: You have more patience than I do with children. That child would never be allowed to step foot inside my door. I have no tolerance for disobedient children, esp when they are old enough to understand right from wrong.

Jo: Why was everyone scheduled at the same time? There is no way I could have to committed to all of those things at the same time.

Kristiina: You know those measly pounds will fall back off once you ovulate. Try not to sweat it too much.

AFM: I'm in the worst mood ever! UGH!
My nephew spent the day with me--the 7 yr old, who is a baseball junky.
We played tennis today together--yeah, that was fun.
I kept having to remind him it wasn't a baseball and the racket was NOT a bat! After hitting it over the fence 4 times and having to go retrieve it, he finally got the clue! :lol:
We had fun though. When I asked him if he wanted to play on the playground before we left, he replied: "Aunt K, the playground is for little kids. I'm too big to play on that." Wellllll.....excuse me!! When did 7 become an adult? Whatever...
He has been wanting to spend the night w/me for weeks, so tonight I allowed him too :)
Not sure what tomorrow will bring for us, but we'll take my babs to the park first, then start our day!
Have a great night!

Sum38 05-22-2012 11:28 PM

Hello Cranky Pants!

Tonight marked my last insane day for awhile (10 days :woohoo:) I literally met the definition as "full time mom" today. I was at high school for 8 1/2 hours. DS had a double header and DD had her last concert. -- DD is b1tchy as well, and she called me a bad mom because I only gave her 1/2 an hour after the concert to hang out with friends. It was 10:35 pm :lol: Her and I have the same cycle and her PMS is insane this month. Us women...hehe

I am fu*king sore. My abs are killing me!!! I guess my ab attack is working.

Sending :dust: AND :grouphug: to everyone....

Sum38 05-22-2012 11:32 PM

I just realized there are 1,466 views on this thread :eek: -- Please jump in lurkers

alaskanlaughter 05-23-2012 01:01 AM

i did as good as could be managed today in terms of eating...we went to dinner tonight...i had 690 calories prior to dinner and burned 240 of those (at least) in exercise...at dinner i had:

2 enchiladas rancheros - 450 calories (best estimate based on googling)
bites of rice - 100
bites of beans - 100 (and i mean bites literally, hardly any of both)
few veggies and dip - 50
bite of peanut butter - 50
half of a mudpie dessert - 200 (i eyeballed it and am guessing at teh calories, i didnt have much, it wasnt too big)

so i guess i ended at 1640 and burned 240 in exercise...which isnt too bad...im not sure about the dinner calories but it's the best that i could get from watching my portions and googling the info

alaskanlaughter 05-23-2012 01:06 AM

and speaking of growing older (it IS my birthday after all)....

my Old Faithful iMac at work finally crashed and burned today :( luckily the techs were able to get all the data off of it...i had stuff on there from 04-05 school years and on forward

AND my younger son got his first loose tooth today

AND my teenager is starting to show some facial hair today

OMG(!) i swear time is speeding up *cry* and i'm only just turned 35:dizzy:

jomatho 05-23-2012 07:08 AM

Alaskan, sorry I didn't get back on yesterday but,
:bday2you:
I hope you had a great day!

Krystal, I did not schedule everything on top of each other, it is just the way it all played out. You know, the best of intentions. The service guy ended up coming early, thank goodness, I was able to meet the rep to learn about the shoulder cooling unit for DS and got to the track meet just as it started.
Glad you had a great trip. I followed it on mfp and here, it sounded wonderful. What was your favorite part?
As for the weight lifting, what were you doing before you stopped? I say just jump in where you left off, you were really enjoying that and getting amazing results. Don't worry about following a program or anything, you are too much of a free spirit, like Nike says, just do it.

Sum, Glad you are getting some free time coming up. When is school out for you guys? We go through June 6th and I have a feeling even though track is done now, we will still be busy up until then. Awards, banquets, dances, parties trips to Cedar Point, Exams, all that kind of jazz :dizzy:.

Star, :wave: hi there! I bet you are super excited your parents are in town!!! Have a great time with them.

As for me, the same p-m-issy ness going on. Hehe, actually I have not been as sassy as usual, but my physical symptoms are worse, oh the bloating.

Heading out for a walk this morning, we have not walked since last Thursday, my friend has been out of town.
The rest of the morning/early afternoon I will probably be out in the yard. I ended up pulling the leaking pond out instead of trying to line it. I was sick of dealing with it anyways. Now, I filled in and was going to level the area but found out there is an old tree stump right under where the waterfall part was! So I am going to make a fountain out of the ponds pump parts and a couple of old flower pots and that will sit on top of where the stump is hidden but a little higher. I have to get about 10-15 bags topsoil to amend and fill in the area, and then figure out what to plant in the space.
Then, I have to get DS to an appointment at 3:30 and tonight there is (wait for it) NOTHING on any of our schedules. A-ma-zing!
What should I make for dinner????????????????

Sum38 05-23-2012 07:26 AM

Jo you must feel like crying. I did yesterday... I can't believe that I have only dr. appointment for my son today and evening off. We go till the 15th of June. K is done on the 12th, but C has to go till that Friday....and yup for "Awards, banquets, dances, parties trips to Cedar Point, Exams, all that kind of jazz " Seniors are loaded with stuff.

Star I don't know you do it!! :hug: You are simply amazing!!