3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Royal Sashay through 2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/254511-royal-sashay-through-2012-a.html)

wsw 09-16-2012 07:07 PM

hello kaylets- i am so sorry to hear of your loss of a dear one! i am sending lots of hugs your way. it is always so good to see your name in a post.

am2- thinking of you. what you said about a maintain is so helpful for me to remember. you, as always, continue to inspire me, empress.

i am watching a beautiful sunset from my den window as i sit at my computer right now. i think this amazing view, which i have from my deck spanning my den, living room, and bedroom is one of the reasons i have not been apartment-hunting as vigorously as i might have done during this month. well, no regrets whatsoever for moving here as my transitional apartment after moving from my condo in january, since i have been truly enjoying it. i do need to step up my apartment search for a less expensive living situation, though, so i can hopefully move some time in the next few months, which is my goal. it has been a very nice transition though, and am glad i did it this way. have to admit though, apartment hunting and the thought of moving again some time in the next few months is not my idea of a good time, but necessary, nonetheless. ate more cals than usual today, but not terribly off track. definitely will be eating less tomorrow, though. did get in my exercise. still pretty much plateauing, so will see if there is anything which i can fine tune a bit more. otherwise, for the most part, have been remaining op food and exercise-wise.

well, to all our royals, near and far, thinking of you, and wishing you well. good evening, all, and take care.

wsw 09-18-2012 12:54 PM

trying to catch up on some paperwork that i had let slide a bit. have i mentioned how much i hate paperwork! ah well. i also need to get some errands done this afternoon, but there is a tornado watch, so may have to postpone that til tomorrow. wierd weather---tornado watch has been on
for a few hours so far(through 5pm.) it is sunny right now; rained really hard a little while ago. kind of eerie, actually. anyway, am staying op today so far, though am having to really make myself tow the line today. have gotten most of my exercise in already, at least. well, back to dreaded paperwork. take care, all.

Kaylets 09-19-2012 09:58 AM

Hello all,

WSW, I can very much relate to how you must be dreading another search and then move---I too am sending you excellent vibes in your search. I am counting that when the moment is right, all in will fall into place and a wonderful place will be found!!

Empress-- love your "Happy as a clam" post. You are one of my heroes and remind me that its not in the single moment but the many moments.

Was reminded of all of us last night when I watched a Iylana ( sp?) "Fix My Life"....A few times, she used the phrase 'majesty' and I immeadiately realized that I too, am too often forgetting my majesty. Hmmmmmmm.......

Again, a good solid reminder for me about my own caregiving. Treating myself royally. Except of course, I only take my shirt off when I'm in the shower---I know how those paparazzi operate!!

But joking aside---why is this so difficult for me? Why is my first instinct NOT for my own self whether physical or mental??
DNA or environment, isn't that the question about the influences in personality formation.....interesting.

Anyway, I had the printer make "Fresh Start" cards and have plenty for all--making sure I take a handful first! ;);).

Hope all are doing well!

Here's a cute video I enjoyed and told me a story too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...layer_embedded

Amarantha2 09-20-2012 05:41 AM

Woot! So happy to see Wsw and Kaylets in the Palace. Sorry have been away for awhile, though drifting in and out, so always read the posties.

Kaylets, enjoyed the vid and the fresh start cards. Know what you mean about the influence in personality formation. It is something I have been thinking about a lot lately.

Wsw, lol, I hate paperwork, too, if it actually done on paper. The same tasks done on a computer, smart phone or tablet make me feel organized and happy. I think it is just paper that I hate :lol: !!!

We are having a bit of heat again, no suprise in Arizona in September, just that it had gone back into double digits for a week or so and so 102 is feeling warmish.

Been verra busy, not so much with work but personal and household things. Had been really also immersed in some yoga classes and kind of overdid that. My streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise continues, think I am at 369 as of today.

My goal day countdowns as to reaching the weight goal continue! Woot! The September 30 goal looms. IF I do not make the exact weight scheduled for that I will just continue with the schedule and catch up.

Hmmm, better go back to bed. Huzzah for now, all.

wsw 09-20-2012 08:00 PM

kaylets-thanks for those excellent vibes! that video was really cute too. it put a smile on my face.

my first instinct sure is not to take good care of myself. i really have to constantly work on overriding that first, "unroyal" tendency of mine. i don't know exactly where that came from in me. i also find this question about the influences in personality formation very interesting.

am2-woot, woot!!---those stats of yours on your streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise inspires me. high temps even when used to them after having cooler spell sure can feel awfully hot. i have been getting spoiled here with milder temps, but at this time of year, it can also get much hotter again, and for some reason whenever that happens, i always seem surprised. (evern though i have lived in the southeast for a verrrry long time now.)

did pretty well today op and exercise-wise, but still really had to force myself. well, greetings to all royals, near and far. take care, everyone.

Amarantha2 09-22-2012 08:14 PM

Woot, wsw, it is like that with me also re the heat (live in Arizona), the temps go down a little and I go all woot and then we go back in triple digits and it knocks me for a loop, lol, like I didn't expect it.

I AM, if no one minds, going to post my streakity updates here more often. I enjoy posting them and think it motivates me to keep it up, even on days like today when I don't feel well.

Not sure where I left off posting them in this thread but, the last four are:

SATURDAY: Sept 22, 2012, Day 371 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 30 min walk, 5 min abs, total streakity streak minutes so far 26,345 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

FRIDAY: Sept 21, 2012, Day 370 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 60 min walk/jog, 60 min walk, total streakity streak minutes so far 26,310 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

THURSDAY: Sept 20, 2012, Day 369 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 30 min walk, 30 min weights, total streakity streak minutes so far 26,190 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

WEDNESDAY: Sept 19, 2012, Day 368 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 75 min walk, total streakity streak minutes so far 26,160 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Amarantha2 09-23-2012 08:53 PM

Woot! Down 1.6! Finally breaking new ground!

SUNDAY: Sept 23, 2012, Day 372 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 60 min walk, total streakity streak minutes so far 26,405 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Amarantha2 09-25-2012 01:38 PM

:wave:

Amarantha2 09-28-2012 02:15 PM

Not a lot to post right now, woot! Hope everyone is doing ok!

Light in the palace window ...

wsw 09-29-2012 05:14 PM

am2- congrats on pounds down and breaking new ground!! thanks for leaving that light on in the palace window.

lots of thunder and lightening last night, and thunder woke me up at 4 this morning. i did make myself stay in bed for a couple of hours, reading. even though i didn't really fall back to sleep, i still do better during the day if i don't get out of bed that early. actually, i can't really complain because i didn't have to be anywhere today, so could kind of laze around at home most of the day. this past week was very busy, so this felt kind of nice hanging around at home today. it has rained all day, so kind of glad i could stay inside on that score too. have been staying op food and exercise-wise. still sure nothing to show for it scale-wise, but feel good about my efforts nonetheless.

well, to all who roam within, near, or far from our palace walls--thinking of you. :)

Amarantha2 10-01-2012 11:53 AM

Huzzah, Wsw! Congratulations on staying op, which is what counts more than the scale. Woot!

As for moi, I did reach my September 30 goal as far as I am concerned. The goal was to be at 135 on or before that date and yesterday I weighed 135.8, so I'm waiving the .8 and calling it close enough.

Moving on to my October 28 goal (Sunday before Halloween, so I am calling this my Halloween Challenge :witch: ) of 132.

The November 25 goal is 129 and the ULTRA GOAL is MY IDEAL WEIGHT of 125 on the Sunday following the Winter Solstice/Mayan Prophecy.

Thinking also of the royals who roam but have inhabited this palace, wishing them well and keeping light in window.

wsw 10-04-2012 07:38 PM

am2-congrats on reaching your september 30th goal!!!!! woot, woot, and double woot!! :)

i am hanging in with staying op and exercise, despite not much downward scale activity. it did sneak down a spit in this past week, which i will take. kind of thought it would be down a lot more than 1 lb. though after such a loooooong plateau period. i sure hope more is coming soon. anyway, i am pleased that i am not using this as an excuse to overeat. i have to say that i wanted to do just that this evening, but seemed to have won that battle for now.
i haven't really set specific monthly weight goals (and it is a good thing since my weight certainly hasn't seemed to want to shove off these past couple of months. since my weight loss is so unpredictable, my monthly goals are about how many days i have stayed op and exercised, and i can honestly say that in the past 9 months now, i have been very (positively) consistent, and that feels good indeed. i have to look more at the big picture, and keep reminding myself this is a journey for the long haul, and not a sprint. it is often too easy for me to forget my all successes. i blathered on a long time about this stuff. anyhoo-my condo still has not sold. it is just driving me nuts. this is another long haul area of my life, i guess, but i am feeling very impatient about it. ah well, i can't force someone to buy it, although that is a pleasant thought. today was very busy, and i am pretty tired so please excuse if my whining was not too coherent, on top of being overly long-winded. well, i am thinking of you all, dear queenlies. take care.

wsw 10-06-2012 07:51 PM

gorgeous fall day today. stayed op and exercised. got together with a couple friends, which was fun. i can't believe the first week in october is gone--time just flashes by way too quickly to suit me. ah well. hope everyone is having a good weekend. thinking of 'ya.

Amarantha2 10-07-2012 02:24 PM

Huzzah, congrats on staying op and exercising, Wsw! :up:

Thinking of you and all the royals also. Remembering the "old" days and so enjoyed being a part of that active palace group, but I know things change and people change. I know I may have irritated some royals by being gone so long, but like all of us, I, too, had my issues and life going on, so can't apologize for that lol.

So glad we still have a thread and candles in the window, though, for whenever anyone deigns to flit in and visit, also so glad to still be in touch with you and know how you are doing! Woot! :wave:

Amarantha2 10-07-2012 02:26 PM

Scale Tale

Woot! Down 1.2! Third week of having a loss. Weight is now UNDER the September 30 goal! Current weight 134.6!

Lost .5 inch on waist, which is the important measurement for me regarding health.

Had fractional inch losses in other places, & a gain in chest, maintains in bicep & forearm, so muscle mass has not been depleted. Yay!

wsw 10-07-2012 04:55 PM

am2-yay on your weight loss for this past week, and for it being 3rd week in a row of weight loss!---and being under your
sept. 30th goal!!! big time congrats!

thinking of you, and all palatial dwellers, near and far. so far today, completely op and have done most of my exercise. watched a couple of old movies, and talked to some good friends on phone who live far away, so have to say this has been a pleasant and relaxing day. weather was not so great, but didn't really have to be out in it, so can't complain on that score either. well, take care, and have a good evening. :)

Amarantha2 10-08-2012 11:40 PM

Thanks for the congrats, Wsw! And congrats back at ye for staying op and doing the exercise.

Also thinking of the palatial dwellers near and far. Woot! :wave:

wsw 10-09-2012 12:37 PM

thanks, empress! hope all is well in your corner of the palace.

raining, and cloudy the past few days here. have to admit looking forward to some sunshine, forecasted for tomorrow. actually, have a lot of paperwork to tackle today, not too serious at all that i can't be out among 'em for much of the day. when i hear that a lot of the country got real winter weather very early this year, i am so grateful that it was just a few rainy (and not snowy) days!

time for me to shake up my exercise plan a bit, just for a change of pace, so trying out a few different things. also picking different music to listen to while exercising, which also makes it less of a chore. when i think back to many years ago to how much i hated any kind of regular exercise and didn't always even do it, i am glad i have made this positive and lasting change in my life. don't get me wrong, i am still not someone who loves exercising, but i can make myself do it consistently and have now for quite a few years. i know what a positive difference it has made for me on all fronts.

well, take care. i will get back to dreaded paperwork now.

Kaylets 10-10-2012 11:50 AM

Hello all!

Congrats Empress on the loss and other streakity streak goals met! Amazing!

Congrats WSW on your exercise program ----as you wrote, whatever you do is still a change and still movement.

Right or wrong, I am running a personal experiment with the Green Coffee Extract to get a gentle kickstart of some kind.

In so many ways my logic hasn't been logical about food, guilt, shame, perfectionism, etc. I have heard the discussions, read the posts, even written over and over again about treating myself royally.
But I realize now, I was only thinking of all of these things in the abstract----never living that way. For some reason, all of these things were not for me---Perfectionism always trumped.

Is perfectionism an obsession---a type of mental hoarding??

When I quit smoking , I gave myself a pass about the weight gain because smoking was so much harder than food was to control----I knew once I had really stopped smoking, I would deal with the weight gain.

I realize now, I haven't given myself the same pass dealing with my grief. Initially, I remember realizing with some surprise how quickly ice cream was disappearing but it was only a passing thought. Then, I began feeling shame that I really was one of those 'stress eaters'. I had always taken pride that I had 'more control'.......hmmmmm.......
How ironic what grief is teaching me about being human...........

Also ironic that I was supposed to go to a support group meeting last night but just didn't have it in me. I had just decided I wasn't going and turned on Dr Phil ---his show was about grief. Then, later, a newer 'comedy' program called "Go On" was ALL about the main character realizing that he was like everyone else in his group who experienced "Grief Eating".

Again, an enormous irony as I belong to 4 Grief Support Groups and the most I have heard about overeating is in some handouts talking about "you may notice you are not eating as well or eating far more".

More than ironic, more than coincidence how so many of these moments are as big as billboards saying " You're OKAY!" "You're DOING as Well as Can Be Expected"..........................

Wow.

Amarantha2 10-11-2012 05:37 PM

Huzzah, Queen Kaylets is in the palace! So nice to see ye, K!

Let us know about the green coffee extract experiment, how it goes. I have wondered about that product.

Wsw, things are as well as can be expected in my wee wootish corner, have a little blip on my radar screen going on but nothing exciting. For the life of me, can't summon the hocus pocus focus or the wootishness.

Still dedicated to LOSING A POUND THIS WEEK! I really do get gratification from being at a desired weight.

Hmmm, probably THAT is an obsession.

I don't know if perfectionism is an obsession. Maybe. I think in a way I suffer from that somewhat, which is why I get so bent out of shape about things all the time as they are never perfect and I am never perfect.

Lol, I KNOW I am one of those stress eaters. I also know I am obsessed with managing my weight but in a good way. I do not feel the guilt and shame I have seen others express about weight. I just know the drill, think it is all about data and hocus pocus focus focus.

I am aware I make many people mad when I discuss weight lol. But then I make people mad just living. In the past year it seems everyone has been mad at me for their own reasons, some of which I did not even cause, or if I caused them it was a glitch, a passing mistake that most people would have forgiven me for but for some reason, in some cases, forgiveness was not an option. So I forgive them for not forgiving and go on. And I value all the more the friends who have stood by me through thick or thin.

In short lol, I have given up perfectionism and just started to shrug and say, "Whatever!" :lol:

Lol, I have no idea what I am saying, am SO bummed out today and brain fogged.

I do know I've had too many carbs of the not so great variety, so had almost a quarter of a roasted chicken for an early dinner and think that helped.

Cals still good.

Lol, queens I really need a JOB! Another story.

I wish we could all turn back the clock on this thread to when we were all friends and knew that we supported each other and understood each other's nonperfection no matter what, and posted all the time about all sorts of things.

But don't think that is going to happen.

I'll be watching the thread here and post when I can.

Love to all queens. :wave:

Amarantha2 10-12-2012 09:18 AM

Wootness! Fall hath fallen here, nice & cool out now but don't know how long that'll last.

Hello, all queenlies!

Amarantha2 10-14-2012 01:11 PM

Have run out of creative, interesting things to say or colorful symbolic ways to describe the weight loss journey, but woot, have lost another .8 this week and huzzah am I HAPPY about it?

YES!

Right on schedule to reach 132 by October 28, which is the goal for the months.

Measurements are exactly the same as last week.

This is all kind of exciting as my exercise was fairly gentle AND I ate more carbs and more natural sugar this week AND slept a lot due to depression and sinus problems.

The only thing I focused on was calorie control and as most know about me, I do calorie cycle, so was up and down some on that but stayed within a good range.

Was hoping for a WHOLE POUND lol but happy as a clam with the result!

Huzzah!

wsw 10-14-2012 07:12 PM

hello am2- congrats on your weight loss for this week!! you are doing so great! :) it sure is exciting. your consistent hard work at it inspires me to no end, empress.

hi kaylets-when you wrote: "More than ironic, more than coincidence how so many of these moments are as big as billboards saying " You're OKAY!" "You're DOING as Well as Can Be Expected"..........................

Wow." wow is right. it is amazing to me also how we get such messages from the universe. dealing with grief certainly is a teacher of many things human, though it is so incredibly difficult to deal with. sending a big, virtual hug your way.

hanging in there on my diet and exercise path. take care, dear queenlies both hither and yon.

Amarantha2 10-15-2012 10:54 PM

Thanks for the congrats, Wsw! Your consistency in the hanging in on your diet and exercise path also inspires me! Woot! :cheer2:

Kaylets, I also like that thought about the billboard saying: "You're OKAY! You're doing as well as can be expected ..."

Sometimes in the midst of our personal struggles that are not always discernable to others or even are misunderstood by others we get discouraged and confused and it is true, a message comes through from the universe that we really are okay.

My brother has a saying: "I'm always okay." He says that when I am worrying about him and over the years I have also assumed it as a personal motto for myself, because, well, I always am.

Take care, all.

wsw 10-16-2012 07:37 PM

am2-hearing (well, reading) what you said about your motto calmed me right down after i was feeling a bit anxious after a somewhat stressful day. :) i love the little cheerleader icon too--makes me smile.

did remain op, food and exercise-wise, so feeling good about that. in the past 9 months now, i have lost 38 lbs which also feels very good. still have a lot more to go, since this was mostly re-tread weight, but i know that if i can do this, i can and will keep going! i did go ahead and shake up my exercise routine also which helps to keep things a tad more interesting.

well, to all our lovely queenlies, i hope a good evening will be had by one and all.

Amarantha2 10-16-2012 09:54 PM

Huzzah, Wsw! Congratulations on that 38 pounds in 9 months, that is fabulous whether retread or not. :cheer:

My weight in the ticker (and some before I made the latest ticker) was some retread weight too ... we gotta deal with it, and it is all good!

Congrats on how great you are doing and on the exercise front, too.

I was reading a blog on another site about how studies are showing that it is better to be heavier and fit, than thinner and not fit.

I believe fitness is the most important thing, although I personally want to be fit AND at the scale weight I want.

Lol, I want it all.

I did well with calories today at 1585, right where I like to be and did 30 min weights. My streakity is still intact but have been going through some changes lately that are making it harder to get up and move and I am determined NOT to stop the daily exercise streak.

My big plan tomorrow is to hike with some out-of-town friends and then we plan on eating at a Peruvian restaurant. I have researched what I will eat (Peruvian chicken with some rice) and will hocus pocus focus focus on that and not on any other experimental eating.

Good night to all royals who inhabit this thread.

Amarantha2 10-21-2012 01:18 PM

Well, a series of NOT SO FORTUNATE EVENTS occurred in which Amarantha hath gained 1.4 pounds this week lol.

Not really worried or unhappy about that, did well, increased exercise, calories a little up but not by much, so t'is just a blip on the radar. Happy with my weight but working towards a goal so we'll get 'em next time! Woot!

Amarantha2 10-22-2012 10:27 AM

Happy Monday, everyone! Woot!

wsw 10-22-2012 07:57 PM

happy monday to you, amarantha2! woot! i had a little blip of my own today, as i ate more cals than usual, but not serious, and did my exercise plus a bit more than usual. love your line ---"we'll get em next time." it was a good reminder for me that this is a journey, not a sprint--but then you always inspire me, empress!:)

had fun the other night at a party with some folks i had not gotten to see in a long time. it was nice getting to catch up. it has been absolutely gorgeous here the past couple of days, and loving every minute of it. well, queenlies one and all, have a good evening.

Amarantha2 10-23-2012 08:28 PM

Huzzah, yea, Wsw ... t'is not a sprint at all, and we WILL get 'em next time.

Glad you had fun seeing people you haven't seen in a long time. Old friends are golden, we should cherish them.

Well, I am pooped ... been really absorbed in knitting for the past two days, it is special to me because I thought that was something I wasn't going to be able to do again but it is going well and soothing me after some upsets I had last week.

Going to eat beloved cottage cheese with chives now and lie down. Also had a big day getting a quote on some insulation work I need at the house lol, takes a lot outta moi! Woot! :wave:

wsw 10-26-2012 10:08 AM

glad knitting is soothing for you, and doable. sorry you had some upsets last week. hope this week is more calming and going better, all the way around.
hope quote on home insulation work was not too scary, at least.

yesterday was another gorgeous day here. the weather has been incredibly beautiful. big storm coming soon, though. i am glad i was able to enjoy this past week of great weather. the fall leaves looked so pretty too. i have an earache today, and my ear is stuffed up. that always makes me feel vulnerable. well, need to get a few errands done, but then plan to take it easy for the rest of the day. well, take care, empress, and all our dear queenlies, in around the palace walls.

Amarantha2 10-26-2012 02:43 PM

Hope your earache is better soon, dear wsw! Woot! Also hope that storm passes and does not touch your area. That is scary. Glad you are enjoying the fall leaves.

The insulation work is done and it was a big surprise when a neighbor from the next street happened to be the person supervising the crew. I see him walking with his family often and my dog always barks at them lol. All was pleasant and quick and they also put a nice new "door" opening in the attic for me. That was a relief.

Enjoying a fitness toy I recently bought, the Fitbit Zip! I had a big issue with the customer service end of getting it shipped and was quite irate but honestly I love the thing and it tracks with My Net Diary, which is the app and web site I use for tracking my food and exercise.

Lol, now I want to buy all their products, but will hold on.

Greetings to all the faithful here on the palace thread and hope all are well.

Amarantha2 10-28-2012 01:29 PM

I lost .2 from last week and am REALLY happy about that as t'was not my best week.

But it WAS my goal day to weight 132 and I am three pounds off of that. So I have added another week to my schedule of goals to reach 125. Looks like this now:

November 25 Goal Date: Be at 130 pounds.

December 30 Goal Date: Be at 126 pounds.

And now, January 6 Goal Date: BE AT IDEAL WEIGHT OF 125.

Reserving option to look at that ideal weight again at that time, may want to go lower or higher.

Have a great day, all! :wave:

wsw 10-28-2012 05:45 PM

glad to hear all your insulation work is done, and that it went well! congrats on your weight loss for this past week, amarantha2!! woot! woot!

i am still feeling crummy (cold, cough, blah, blah, blah), and have had to lay low all weekend. i really do hate it when i have an earache, plus being all stuffed up. when my ears are stuffed up like this, it really makes me feel vulnerable (well, on top of the just feeling lousy physically part.) ok, now that i have whined and whined, i will shut up. it's back in to bed for me. i have a few good movies which i watched this weekend, plus am reading a couple of good books, so in between napping i haven't even been too bored. i have stayed op, but since haven't been too hungry, that hasn't exactly been a challenge. my not being very hungry is a very rare occurrence,believe me( lol), so when it happens, it actually is a plus. hopefully, will be feeling better tomorrow, so can get back to regular excercise routine, or at least a portion of it, anyway. take care, all.

Amarantha2 10-29-2012 12:33 PM

Thanks for the congrats, wsw! Hope you feel much better tomorrow, congrats though on staying op with food!

Huzzah to all!

Amarantha2 11-01-2012 07:29 PM

Huzzah! :wave:

wsw 11-03-2012 06:08 AM

huzzah , empress! :) love the newest icon.

on antibiotic, so starting to feel a little better, but still have fever, and dragging a lot. i am ready for this to be over with already. anyhoo, staying op, and exercising some, but that has to be done rather gingerly for time being. well, thinking of all our queenlies, near and far. take care, all.

Amarantha2 11-04-2012 12:29 PM

Thanks, wsw! I think the little pilgrim avatar is cute, too! Woot!

Sorry you are on antibiotic but glad you are feeling some better. No fun to still have a fever, though. Hope it all passes well. Congrats on staying op and exercising some, but glad you are being careful, too.

Feel better soon.

Sending good vibes to royals, whether near or far.

Amarantha2 11-04-2012 12:31 PM

Well, it seems there is again NOT a lot to say. T'is a Yay Day!

As it happpened, Am2 & the Am2ites, bein' pilgrims residin' in the Thanksgiving Diet Challenge Village, each with an individual goal to weigh 130 on or by November 25 (which, again, we know is not Thanksgiving but work with us), DID troop on over to Diet Town Square at the appointed OFFICIAL SUNDAY BEFORE BRUNCH WEIGH-IN this mornin'.

There resideth the GOLDEN SCALE O' DIETARY JUSTICE in all its gleamin' glory.

Everyone hopped individually (of course) on the scale 'n EACH ONE LOST A POUND THIS WEEK! Yay!

Strange how that works, Am2 and each individual Am2ite ALWAYS weigh in at exactly the same weight. Hmmm. AS IF they were only one person instead o' a menage o' diet fantasy characters roilin' 'round. Strange. Odd.

BUT we digress. There is nothin' more to say! Everyone linked hands and marched off to the dining hall where a delicious brunch o' whole grain English muffins, real butter, eggs & protein shakes was served.

Everyone broke out into the Yay Song and the serenade could be heard all over Diet Shire: "YAY YAY WHAT A DAY, EVERYBODY HAD A NICE WEIGH, YAY YAY WHAT A DAY ..."

'Bout. Covers. It.

Arabella 11-05-2012 07:53 AM

Hello, hello! It's Day 4.

Happy November to all you best and most beautiful queenlies! Sorry for my long absence from the palace. Have been wandering in the dark, a bit. I've been worried about my son since his move. He's still struggling. That shouldn't derail me, but often times it has.

Then, the first of October I had marshaled my determination and signed up for a 30-day challenge at hot yoga, to go every day for 30 days. I must admit I was feeling a little apprehensive -- fearing change, maybe, fearing giving up the status quo, despite not being happy with the status quo. Anyway, I went to yoga the first day and all was well. The next day, I was rushing to take sheets down and throw them in the wash so I'd be ready to walk DH to work and I missed the bottom cellar step. Thought I was stepping onto the basement floor, stepped half-on the bottom step instead and sprained my ankle. Over a month now and I'm just getting back to the point where I can do yoga and walk.

We talk about "muscle memory" but I must say, my "fat memory" is stronger. I thought I was not doing too badly food-wise but it's like I just blew right up. I'm on my fourth day of my own personal challenge today, though: yoga and 10000 steps every day, eating only at the table when I'm alone. Eating only when I'm hungry.

I think I wasn't ready to do it a month ago but I seem to be now. As much as I struggle with eating only at the table, it doesn't seem so difficult. Huzzah!

Am, I so love that "I am always okay" and am adopting, myself, forthwith. Also applying to my son: "He is always okay, just as I am always okay." That feels so much better! Congratulations on your stalwart march to glory. :)

WSW, I hear you on that "rarely lose your appetite" thing. Just about never happens to me. I hope that pesky cold is GONE! We've had some glorious fall weather here, too, but today is decidedly November: damp and grey.

Kaylets, that was quite a revelation about doing as well as could be expected. It's funny how we have this idea in our heads of how we SHOULD react to things. In reality, we're only human. :yes:

OK. Time for me to get out the door. Those 10000 steps aren't going to walk themselves.

Let's make it a good one!