3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Royal Sashay through 2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/254511-royal-sashay-through-2012-a.html)

Arabella 03-09-2012 06:10 AM

The Royal Sashay through 2012

Spring approacheth and with it, our opportunity for rebirth.

And here we go! This thread is dedicated to the idea that if we ensure our real needs are met, we won't be trying to make up for the failure to do so through food.

This year, let's get enough rest, groom ourselves like :queen:s, eat healthily, get fresh air and exercise -- and all those other things that contribute to our joie de vivre. Let's stop pushing our feelings way, way down (a la Marge Simpson) and dedicate ourselves to living life to the fullest. No matter what!

This year, let's treat ourselves royally! Come on in and share your plan for spending and ending this year in a healthy and happy place.
:flow2:
Huzzah!

Arabella 03-09-2012 06:18 AM

Here's a link back to the last post in http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post4246782 thread. I posted yesterday.

deleted2 03-11-2012 04:10 PM

Arabella, I love the image of rebirthing ourselves this Spring. I'm ready to create new challenges for myself. One of the many lessons I've learned from this journey is that I always have to keep it fresh, always learn new things. My husband just bought himself a new exercise machine for strength training and I need to get over feeling intimidated and learn to use it!

Amarantha2 03-13-2012 02:01 AM

Huzzah, what a nice surprise to find a link to this nice, new spring palace 2012, as well as all the posties on the 2011 thread. Great idea doing the back and forth links, Arabella! Greetings to all on both threads. Have been on a hiatus of sorts from royal life due to increased work load as well as massive focus on weight loss, fitness and spiritual changes, plus glorious weather.

The theme of rebirth really describes the path I am on, although lately it doesn't seem I express myself very well in sharing my journey (strange for a writer but hard to explain where I am since I am all over the map but feeling very happy for the most part).

Arabella 03-15-2012 12:09 PM

Big decision here, women -- I'm going to do the Whole30 program starting next week. It's essentially an elimination diet, removing everything that's known to cause inflamation in the body -- sugar, grains, dairy, alcohol, legumes (that last one is the hardest pill for me to swallow). The plan was originally created for health but they found that people who were overweight were having very striking weight loss on it.

Other health claims it makes: "Testimonials from Whole30 participants reflect the prevention, improvement or “cure” of: high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, asthma, allergies, skin conditions, PCOS, infertility, migraines, depression, bipolar disorder, heartburn, GERD, joint pain, ADD, thyroid dysfunction, Lyme disease, fibromyalgia, leaky gut syndrome, Crohn’s, IBS, Celiac, diverticulitis, and ulcerative colitis."

I'll be doing the plan in conjunction with the usual 10,000 steps a day and hot yoga 5 or more times a week. So... this'll be interesting. Stay tuned. :)

I definitely feel a rebirth coming on...

Eydie, how sweet to see your pic there, like sitting across a table from you having a nice cuppa. :)

Amarantha -- stupid work! Why is there so much of it? Me too, all over the map but mostly happy. Feeling very optimistic.

Yo, all other :queen:lies! Hope all is well in your corner of the Palace -- let's meet in the drawing room, shall we?

Arabella 03-20-2012 06:53 AM

Happy Spring!

V. unusually for us, we've actually got a spring-like day ahead, and another tomorrow. We're just as apt to have a snowstorm -- actually, there's a traditional one around this date -- so it's extra huzzah-worthy. :)

I did actually start the Paleo diet challenge yesterday and it's going to work out well, I think. I'm blogging about it anonymously but PM me if you want a link.

Hope all my beloved queenlies are feeling spring-y!

anagram 03-22-2012 09:51 AM

Hello there, Royal Personages (& welcome Julyaric). I have been remiss for many reasons (one of which is the new computer setup which changed a lot of things and I just got around to signing back in here).

Anyway, I'm floating too high on the scale again. Lots of other things going on too. Lost dear friend of 50 years (tough) and a classmate with whom I've been somewhat close (phone mostly) the last couple of years.

Realtor contacted (miscommunication ?) and I've been out looking. fear this will take a while. But also working on getting ready to put my place up for sale as soon as I find something I want.

Family situation (another one?) had me down a bit but realize nothing I can do about it except to continue reaching out (though I'm tempted to respond unroyally, I won't).

Weather has been super here too and that helps everythingh (except appetite ;)

thanks for the link, Arabella and I'm ready to Sashay my little Royal heart out.

:belly:

Arabella 03-23-2012 07:57 AM

Good morning, good queenlies!

|We had three warm and sunny days in a row, just gorgeous. Lots of walking in short sleeves for me. :)

I've been following the Paleo plan (no grains or grainesque substances, no sweeteners of any kind, no dairy, no beans, no alcohol) since Monday and I would have to say the jury's out at this point. I'm down 2.4 and feeling mostly ok but... I'd been having a little spelt bread and rice crackers and etc. and would have expected my weight to be down at least 2 just from cutting those out. We shall see. If I don't feel the plan to be as beneficial as they say, I'll probably switch to something more like South Beach. I mean, beans? No matter what kind of plan I've been on I've usually considered hummus and carrot sticks my inalienable right.

Anagram, so sorry about your friends! We've had a couple of them go recently too, one at 38. I feel you on the family stuff, too. I had lunch with a friend yesterday who -- like me -- tends to get overly emotionally involved in that kind of thing. Sounds like you're doing the right thing, but it's just never comfortable, is it?

Huzzah, Amarantha! And a woot, too, for finagling a 3-day weekend. That begins to sound livable. :) Some day I dream of doing similar but right now we're sunk into preparing for semi-retirement, which means working hard. Bah.

Congrats on that nice streakity-streak of yours, too.

peachypeg 03-23-2012 10:56 AM

Queen.....maybe not......but for sure a Princess here :)

Rebirth this spring has begun for me. Many many life changes for me this year.

The list in order of announcement or occurance:
1. My oldest daughter is getting married in October.
2. My son decided to live with his dad after school lets out this year.
3. My middle daughter graduates and goes off to college. (the child most like me)
4. Moving to New Jersey to start my new life with my boyfriend.

Yes.....lots of changes.....and all for the better really. I can't keep my kids from growing up. I can only hope I have taught them all they need to be happy in life. I know they are all excited for me, just as I am excited for them.

Arabella 03-26-2012 07:17 AM

A week in

So, one successful week completed, with a loss of 3.6. Still up 2 from ticker but this week should see that gone. On the whole, it wasn't too hard. I'm still a little unsure of whether I'll stick with this or switch to a South Beach-y type thing, which is something I could live with forever. I don't see myself forever quitting eating yogurt, beans and legumes, steel-cut oats. I'm not sure there's a plan out there that suits me exactly but I know what works for me and what doesn't. This is working short-term but I don't see myself doing it for the rest of my life.

I know full-well that gluten, sugar and most dairy are poison to me and those are things that I intend to mostly avoid forever. I mostly do, in any case, with the exception of feta and a really small amount of cheese on my gluten-free pizza. The alcohol has been a little challenging. Friday evening, there was DH with a big glass of wine and a bowl of rice crackers and nuts. Very tempting. But no, I laced up my high-heeled sneakers and headed out for a brisk 20-minute walk to complete my 10,000 steps for the day. Saturday night we had dinner with SIL & her hub and another couple. I was pleasantly surprised to have a nice time without the social lubricant of alcohol. :)

They made a delicious dinner, too: baked salmon in proscuitto with pineapple-blackberry salsa. I took a big green salad with avocadoes and nuts. They actually made cocoa-date balls and mango sorbet for dessert. SO good! And Paleo. I just had to avoid the potato dish and bread and was perfectly OP. :cp:

I made it to hot yoga four times last week and averaged over 10,000 steps a day. This week, DH is out of town so I'm going to see if I can get to yoga every day.

I had a tough experience at yoga yesterday. It was the one "lite" class of the week but the instructor had us holding down dog for a long time at the first and holding all the more challenging poses longer than usual, doing more planks and holding them longer. I ended up not being able to hold them for the full time and ended up feeling frustrated and sad. Most of the rest of the class could do it. Anyway, it was far from "lite." I know I'll get there but it's hard to be challenged and fail. Plus, I guess, I was a little angry that she made what should have been a slightly easier class more difficult than even the usual. No fair! :mad: I think I'll drop the studio a non-irate note about it.

Welcome, Peachy and July!

Just slurping :coffee2: now and planning to get out for a walk, maybe out to have another one with my mom. Going to practice here and there through the day -- the choir is performing Schubert's Missa Solemnis on Good Friday.

Happy Monday, Queenies! Let's hit it! :cb: :cb:

peachypeg 03-26-2012 08:14 AM

This weekend I picked up a used Wii with Wii Fit Plus. I have been wanting one since forever. I got it all hooked up Saturday night and did my first routine Sunday. Dang did that make me sore. I used some muscles I have not been using....which is a good thing. I also walked on the mill for 30 minutes.

I had been a bad girl Friday....so with the extra salt in the foods (out to eat twice) and extra calories, my official weigh in was not a loss. I am not upset about it really. I don't figure on not eating something I want. I just know that one bad day or even a couple of days does not make the journey over. I honestly think it helps that journey progress. I don't feel deprived and know I can enjoy life when life happens.
Today is an off work day for me! I will do the Wii and walk. And clean house. If I am off on Mondays I try to clean up from the weekends.....dang teenagers LOL. But the Cup 'o Joe comes first!

deleted2 04-08-2012 11:07 AM

Where is everyone?:wave:

Question For Arabella: I'm vegan and am having a friend over who's following the Paleo Diet. She tells me not to worry about it, but I'd love to make something she can have that won't make her feel she's gone off her program. There's got to be common ground between these 2 ways of eating! I'm thinking something with tempeh and lots of roasted vegetables, and maybe a raw cake made with nuts and dates and a coconut oil fudge icing? What do you think? Am i on the right track?

anagram 04-13-2012 07:38 PM

Hello, Royal Sashayers. Hope all have been doing better than I have. Still on my Easter pigout despite all promises of reform.

Been tres busy - away last four weekends and going again tomorrow. Looking for new home, major projects on this one. Lots of relatives in from as far away as Alaska, Arkansas, California, N. Carolina. Much more solcial life all around than usual. Not complaining, mind you but it does make watching weight a difficult process.

Health, health, health - I must continually remind me and get back on that l'il old wagon.'

Huzzahs to all you holding on tighter than I.

Arabella 04-14-2012 08:16 AM

Hello Lovelies!

Paleo crashed and burned. I decided to do more of a South Beach thing and then that devolved over the past week. I had a cold, was busy, disgruntled... why must food be so dependable? And yet, made me less and less happy as the week went on. That's the story with substance abuse, as if I didn't know.

Anyway, was in Halifax last week and so glad to be home again now. The weather's quite spring-like and supposed to continue that way for at least a few days. We did our Schubert performance on Good Friday (choir director called it "superb") and this coming Monday the other choir begins rehearsal for Faure's Requiem in August.

I've got my sheets on the line now and will enjoy that heavenly scent this evening -- also this afternoon, for the sacred Saturday nap. :) DH is off to physio. I'm just going to run out and pick up groceries, visit my mom. Go for a walk around the harbour in the sunshine. And if I have any extra time I'll do some putter-cleaning.

Tomorrow is the final symphony performance of the year and should be interesting. This is the third premier performance from the composer in residence. First one was exquisite, second was excruciating, evoking horror, really -- wanted to call my review "Uneasy Listening." I'll report back! I'm combining the concert into a play date with my bestie -- lunch followed by preconcert talk and then the performance.

Eydie, I'm probably too late but your plan sounds good. There are also some good-looking vegan Paleo recipes here.

Anagram, I too have been wandering from the path but am feeling better today and more ready to start that sashay! Shall we?

Peachy, how's the Wii fit? I'd love to get the Kinect system.

Okey-doke. Sashaying off to shop... Have a fabulous weekend!

deleted2 04-17-2012 09:14 PM

Arabella, I ended up making butternut-squash macaroni and "cheese" [made w/ brown rice pasta], lots of mixed roasted vegetables and to make sure there was plenty of protein I did a vegan mixed grill w/ tempeh bacon, chopped soy bratwurst, Italian tofu slices and that part was kind of fun. I know, none of it exactly paleo except for the dessert--which was a raw chocolate cake made with nuts and dates, a coconut oil fudge icing, and berries. It was a very pretty meal--lots of nice colors.

Arabella 04-18-2012 07:03 AM

Good morning, Queenlies!

We've had some unseasonably warm weather although the cold wind off the water makes it unsuitable for basking. Nevertheless, lovely to be able to go out without jacket or boots. Chillier today but it's been nice to have a little break. And summer's on the way...

The last couple of weeks have been really busy. I had final rehearsals and performance of the Schubert, Easter Brunch, trip to Halifax, final symphony performance and subsequent review, first rehearsal for Faure's Requiem in August. Along with the neverending work, an application for another job (no nibbles, though) and all the other usual stuff. But I'm thinking things are slowing down a mite now, which is v. welcome.

Got back to hot yoga on Monday and will go again today, getting my 10,000 steps in. I'm still not feeling 100% in the wake of the stupid cold I picked up just in time for the concert but well enough to carry on. And I shall. :dance:

Eydie, that sounds like quite a feast! Do you have a recipe for the raw chocolate cake? :T I found a recipe for coconut milk-date ice cream. It occurred to me one day that using dates to sweeten a coconut ice cream would probably give it a nice texture and taste. Lo and behold, someone had already thought of it. Haven't made it yet but will.

K, sashaying off to walk DH to work and get in a turn around the harbour. Have a blessed day, Lovelies!

anagram 04-19-2012 08:15 AM

I'm ready to sashay, for sure. Though right now it's more like a "walk of shame". I went absolutely nutso the last two weeks. Food is most certainly my "drug of choice".

Had a little procedure on eye yesterday and realizing I had let something go on way too long. Things do creep on one - and not just weight. So hoping this will improve all sorts of things. Know I've been verging on "downness" the last year and a half and have been saying all the right things to self but self has not apparently been listening all the time.

However, it's been a lovely spring here too and I've also accomplished a lot in recent times. So it's time for yet another chat w/self who should know so much better by now.

I'm off to practice my "sashay" until I get it right.

Arabella 04-22-2012 01:50 PM

:rain: day here today but has been unseasonably warm -- which, here, translates to "mild." I had a fun date with my bestie -- went to a fund-raiser flea market, then went to a new place for coffee. Another friend had been and said it was like being in a different city, and it was. Good, strong coffee (weak coffee is an abomination, IMO) and a folk-art vibe from rustic original features and actual folk art. Expensive, but we weren't shopping. We've resolved to make more time for excursions. I tend to get too busy to hang out but it's one of those things that makes life worthwhile.

I'm actually taking this week OFF. DH is traveling and I'm going to putter-clean, putter-garden and just putter in general. Putt-putt-putt... :) Choir practice, a shleepover and a writing group in the evenings. I'm not going to drive myself too hard trying to clean every inch of the house but will go at a nice pace and intersperse some fun throughout. And then we'll see where we are by the end of the week. It's not like there's going to be an embargo on housework after that. ;)

Recommitting to eating only at the table, trying to ensure that I only eat when hungry and the right things. Have slipped. Again. But getting back up and moving onward. :yes:

Anagram, hold your head high, you fabulous woman! I bet with whatever behaviour you've had, you're still hovering around the same numbers. And, in any case, as you pointed out, 'tis spring and everything becomes so much easier. Let's renew the vow to sashay...

Did the big Sunday walk with DH this a.m. and am going to try out the yin version of hot yoga in about 45 mins. I haven't done it before and it's got some long pose holds. We'll see. If I have to come out of a pose, it's not like they'll force me back into it. :lol: That wouldn't be very yoga-like. :yoga:

Sashaying onward... :cb: :cb: Have a lovely Sunday, Queenlies!

Arabella 04-25-2012 07:08 AM

Day 3

Good morning, Lovelies! I was almost finished posting yesterday when my productivity app locked me out of the site. :rolleyes: Shall try again...

My week is going pretty well. I never get as much done as I want to but a week just isn't long enough to do everything. If I'd decided to just do the housework I probably could get through the whole spring cleaning but then I would have missed out on everything else. Anyway, getting through some big jobs, the things that bug me most. I've got my pedicure done, toes sort-of like this, maybe a little greener. But I'm thinking that from now on, I'll have at least the polish part done professionally. It's only $10 to get a polish change.

I've wrestled myself back to eating only at the table. It's shocking how difficult it can be to make myself do that, though. I had a real battle Monday evening, but emerged victorious. I figured this out about a year ago, that if there was one single thing I could do to ensure that I'd be successful in this battle, it was restricting my eating to the table. When I let myself slump on the couch and watch TV while I eat, I eat more and I eat more often. It's a treat. I had to talk to myself sternly "OK -- it's a treat. But is it enough of a treat to make up for staying fat and losing out on all the real rewards of being at a healthy weight?" Really underlines the fact that this is addictive behavior. Fighting with logic and winning now, Day 3.

I've also gone to hot yoga every day and gotten my 10,000 steps. The yin yoga on Sunday felt like it will be very beneficial, loosening up my hips and knees. It's not strenuous, as the regular hot classes are, but demanding in terms of holding the poses.

Tonight's writing group. I think I'll go back over my old stuff and work on something to take to read. And now -- can one sashay off to clean the fridge? I guess that's what I'm doing. :cb:

anagram 04-29-2012 03:12 PM

Arabella, you can sashay to anything you want. I was out sashaying to houses today. One of the ones I looked at earlier has been looking better & better so I went back today and, of course, it just sold. Well, I hear there will be more coming up in that neighborhood soon.

I've wrangled the weight down to just below 200 again. Not down enough to be where I used to be before Easter but not seeing the deadly 2 now. Until I go to the doctor's next month. With clothes, it's still there.

Ds was here a couple of days this week and did gobs of work for me - always helps my mood - his being here and getting jobs done. Took me out to lunch and another day to the racetrack as an early Mother's Day.

Like the polish color -seems springish. I actually had them leave mine bare this last time. Probably five years or more since they weren't not polished.

Lovely today but cold. Brrrrr.

[/I]

Arabella 05-03-2012 06:18 AM

Day 2 here. I've been managing to stick to table-only eating but I'm not sure I really needed those 7 chocolate chip cookies I ate a few days ago. :o I think I'll add no wheat and no sugar to the prohibitions. I mostly don't eat wheat but it's slipped in again from time to time. Ditto for sugar. No good for me! All good with :yoga: and walking, though. (Mind you, the yoga character here should be in a vigorous stance, red in the face and dripping sweat. Sure it's good for me.)

So far, spring has been lovely here -- lots of sunshine and warmer than usual temperatures. Right now there's frost on the roofs but will be better later. I've got my sheets in the washer and will hang them out for that heavenly scent. A treat for me!

Work has been frustrating but I've got myself worked around to seeing how to make it better. I've got to build some fun breaks into the day and -- the biggest thing -- shut down email and instant messaging for most of the day. I really can't work when I'm getting constantly interrupted. So have taken a stand and will stick to it!

DGS is coming this afternoon. I think we'll go over to the pond and see how the salamanders are doing.

Anagram, how's the house-hunting feeling? Exciting, I hope. Must be a little hard to think of moving from your home, though. You've been there a long time, haven't you? Lovely to have a nice visit with DS -- and esp. one that ends up with some chores accomplished. ;) Must see if I can't lure mine over to have a look at some networking issues...

I b'lieve I'll sashay off to do the shopping while it's quiet. I'll sashay around the harbour when it warms up a bit and then sashay off to hot yoga at lunch. Lovin' the sashayin' -- so much more fun. :) Have a blessed day, Lovelies!

Arabella 05-06-2012 07:02 AM

Day 1 again. I really did well yesterday but had a few bites of things while I made dinner and we know that's the slippery slope. Great day in terms of food and exercise, though.

So here we go -- eating only at the table, no sugar or processed carbs, low on the carb scale in general. DH and I will be heading out for our Sunday harbour walk soon and I'll go to yin :yoga: this afternoon. We're traveling again this week and I'll be trying out a new hot hoga place. 90-minutes and reputedly much tougher than the one I do so will have to be careful to pace myself and not push harder than I should. Just completed three weeks in a row of four classes. :cb:

Hope Queenlies are having a lovely Sunday!

wsw 05-06-2012 04:55 PM

hello royal ones! it has been way too long since i have been in here and posted. have missed you all! will catch up on your posts soon, but at least wanted to check in. food and exercise plans have been going fairly well. still in process of trying to get off weight i put back on last year, but going in right direction, as have been since beginning of this year, so feeling good about that. still in apartment i moved to in january as my somewhat temporary digs. still enjoying it, though. will probably start looking for something more permanent next month. condo not on market yet, but have a (new) real estate agent now, and will list it with her. first one i had thought would work out, turned out to be very, very flakey.sooo glad i never actually listed with her. anyway, i will be back again soon for personal posts. just wanted to say i am still around, and thinking of you. take care, all. :)

Amarantha2 05-12-2012 06:37 PM

Huzzah!

Huzzah, royals! Am (me) be back with a new user name and account as have been having massive computer and internet security problems for some time as well as flux with career and life sytems in general. Woot! :carrot:

Anyhow finding with the newest computer am having problems on some o' the sites I like to frequent. Hence the user name change.

Currently doing what I call my Lighthouse Challenge and had switched to a goal to lose 20 pounds o' regain (goal keeps changin' lol, Am be a changeable personality but guess that's how she be and so be it), have lost a little of that. Will put up stats after the dreaded Sacred Ceremony o' the Golden Scale tomorrow.

Arabella, love the new thread.

Woot to wsw, glad ye are enjoying your apartment and looking forward to new digs.

Anagram, congratulations on the pounds down, woot!

To all 'n sundry here in the palace, it be good to FINALLY be back. Have not been able to log in due to aforesaid problems with forums and various other systemic issues.

Am on Day 123 of a countdown to my goal date for the 20 pounds.

Huzzah to all, mentioned or un--

Amarantha2 05-13-2012 09:53 AM

Edited to Add: Lost .8 and that is HUGE for the me with the struggle I am having to get these pounds off. Am SO happy!

Previously Posted: Happy Mother's Day to all in the palace who are mothers or had mothers as we can all celebrate those two great events! Woot!

I am waiting for the designated time for my Sacred Ceremony o' the Golden Scale, which I do on Sundays at the same time each week unless I switch things around for some reason or others. Then I will have my weekly brunch and go shopping. Lol, I do the same thing every Sunday.

I am redundant but happy. :)

Amarantha2 05-20-2012 02:16 PM

Well, this week I GAINED 1.6 lol! Changed my goal date to correspond with the Mayan calendar, which ends December 21 or thereabouts (depending on how you interpret it). Since I don't believe the world or time will end on December 21, I chose the end of December as my new goal date. I blogged my rationale on that on my 3FC blog, feel very positive about it.

Caveat, I don't think the end of the world or time will end on December 30 either. I look at it as a lot of people who follow this do, that IF time were to end, time would begin again, as in a new, lovely, positive cycle with all negative things in the past.

Amarantha2 05-24-2012 09:32 AM

Day 220! Wazoo!

ETA: THURSDAY, May 24, 2012, Day 245 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 15 min weights, total streakity streak minutes so far 18,385 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Previous: GOOD MORROW ALL WHO INHABITETH THIS THREAD! Just feelin' like visitin' 'n hopin' all are well and doin' glorious things this day that make them happy! Woot! :carrot:

Major project sent last night, one more work night and another little contract, then taking an ON ISLAND VACATION closeted in my mental Lighthouse (er, imaginary motivational island with inspirational lighthouse on it) to regroup on the diet/fitness front. Then back to same job as thought was leaving but am not for awhile.

Brings MOI (just me) to a THOUGHT! Woot! The thought is that Amarantha2 is eating a bit too high and blaming stress when in reality, no blame is necessary because eating is fundamental (and fun) but actually stress doesn't cause it. Stress makes MOI stressed and causes a rise in cortisol (the theory goes) and that makes MOI eat extra calories that cause the cortisol to be somewhat handled in the body (don't really understand that too clearly but that is what happens). The RESPONSIBILITY of the holder of the body is to somehow figure out a way to deal with this without whinin' 'bout it and to move on without gaining weight because another responsibility is to maintain our major weight loss, more or less, and if we lose those 18 pounds we are stalkin', so much the better, and if we get fit 'n fab, so much the better (but fit is the result of exercise, not food, while weight is the result of both).

SO, we woke up this mornin' on the island with everythin' in the bod sore (happens a lot, life is full o' aches 'n pains no matter what we do, methinks) and frustrations (yep, those too) and thought o' goin' back to sleep. BUT THEN we walked out into the glorious twilight morn' with the doggie girl 'n noticed she (or someone lol) had placed a dead birdie (sad) on our front porch. SO we sighed as we DO suspect doggie girl and dealt with that and then realized we felt sad for the birdie but our doggie girl continually makes us smile with her weird ways. So we meandered around and then did 15 minutes o' weights that we were going to skip 'cause we thought we were entitled because we felt all achey and our foot still hurts (it IS the shoe, we see that now). Fifteen minutes doesn't seem like a lot but t'is all we got for time right now and holds the place in the streakity AND to update:

THURSDAY, May 24, 2012, Day 245 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 15 min weights, total streakity streak minutes so far 18,385 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

WEDNESDAY, May 23, 2012, Day 244 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 30 min walk, total streakity streak minutes so far 18,370 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Amarantha2 05-25-2012 10:23 AM

Huzzah to all fabulous Royal Ones. The palace be quiet but Am2 is just wanderin' 'round the hallways and kitchens, rattlin' the pots & pans. SO focused on food today and walking walking walking.

Arabella, very interested in the different types of yoga you are doing. How is it going?

Anagram, Wsw, Huzzah! How are ye all?

Huzzah to any lurkers or anyone I missed that I should say huzzah to!

FRIDAY, May 25, 2012, Day 246 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 30 min walk, total streakity streak minutes so far 18,460 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Woot! Places to go, things to do!

This is a week of shorter workouts and it is actually having a good effect on the bod and the sore foot, which is no longer sore but I can see I need a different type of shoe for longer walks and when I start running again.

THINKING of going to a modified paleo, just thinking, not there yet, but am close to that anyway in my eating, modified meaning that I will never give up dairy, although coconut milk is certainly a yummy alternative, but let's face it, organic or not, coconut milk is processed. So is dairy, for that matter, unless you go back in time and are trekking the landscape and find a passing milk bearing animal and capture it and drink directly from the creature.

Feeling good lol. I am Day 219 of my countdown to the ULTIMATE GOAL (or whatever)! Think I may get there before but we'll see!

Have a great day all!

Amarantha2 05-26-2012 09:26 AM

Good morrow, Royals! Halfway through a walkety walk here. T'is glorious and COOL this mornin' 'n am just wanderin' my royal neighborhood, did some weights earlier, working later, then OFF of all jobs for two weeks. Hopin' to get some real damage done (in a good way) to my goal! Day 218 on the countdown! Woot!

Amarantha2 05-27-2012 10:13 AM

Woot! Good morrow, all 'n sundry Royals and any wanderin' spirits like moi just hangin' 'round the palace. T'is quiet here in the palace but nice to be here. Huzzah!

Also hangin' 'round scanning the sky for Scale Angels, then will weigh and have brunch, same ol' same ol' lol. Have warned the scale to behave as I could turn it into a lamp. Will likely post again after the weigh-in, or not lol, dependin' on how it goeth!

SUNDAY, May 27, 2012, Day 248 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 105 min walk, total streakity streak minutes so far 18,700 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Amarantha2 05-27-2012 01:14 PM

Huzzah! Lost .8 of a pound and .25 overall inches, so we here on Lighthouse Island are happy. Considerin' that the calorie count here on our island getaway was high-ish a number of days, we had expected a gain.

This is overall progress for the month of a net pound, with a lot of ups and downs in there, but now headed in the right direction.

Amarantha2 05-28-2012 08:03 AM

Happy Memorial Day to us in the U.S. and happy day to all others who dwell or lurk in this palace.

Amarantha2 05-29-2012 08:40 AM

Yesterday was an awesome day here for Moi (Just Me) in every way, weight journey wise and otherwise.

To all who dwell in the palace or lurk here, wishing ye the best this day.

Woot! The beat goes on! Off for a walk, did a teeny amount of kettlebells, really need to lift weights. This vacation from work takes some getting used to and by the time I do, work will be back but t'is all good!

Amarantha2 05-30-2012 07:51 AM

Woot! Good morrow, Royals! Am2 be up early to exercise and water a new plant. On Day 2 of yet another attempt to do the C25K app all the way through. Have been experiencing foot pain and generalized pain with the attempts to run and now doc says okay dokey to run/walk again, so am hoping to get all the way through C25K this time.

To any passersby here in the palace, have a great day!

Kaylets 06-02-2012 04:55 PM

Beautiful day here in the kingdom----rains have passed, skies are blue, humidity is slight and breezes refresh.

Yet, I feel uneasy as if something is getting ready to happen and I am not going to like it.

Went to the royal hairdresser and was enjoying the primping until the last 30 minutes or so when this premonition began to distract me.

Could this be why at 4 am I was wide awake and looking at tv? So wide awake I was eating breakfast at 5 am ???

Interesting.

Hope all Royals are well!

Amarantha2 06-03-2012 01:07 PM

Huzzah!

Hope ye got to sleep, Kaylets!

It is SO good to see ye again as has been a while and am sorry that ye are bein' bothered by the premonition demon!

Ye know, whenever I have that feeling, it always turns out that what I was feeling was something WONDERFUL that had been about to happen and DID happen and then I realize that it is CHANGE in the air that I am mistaking for unease and things I don't like.

I think we can feel change but it really, for me, is hard to pinpoint whether the change is to my benefit, and so often it is but I actually may not like it at first.

Hmmm, has a lot to do with my current weight journey theme of the ancient Mayans thinking the Solstice is the end of time this year (actually, no evidence exists that they thought that ... just their calendar thing) and my thinking with a lot of folks who follow this that the end of time just heralds a new and positive cycle of time.

Ye know, I think t'is all good. I am more optimistic than I used to be.

Woot!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylets (Post 4356721)
Beautiful day here in the kingdom----rains have passed, skies are blue, humidity is slight and breezes refresh.

Yet, I feel uneasy as if something is getting ready to happen and I am not going to like it.

Went to the royal hairdresser and was enjoying the primping until the last 30 minutes or so when this premonition began to distract me.

Could this be why at 4 am I was wide awake and looking at tv? So wide awake I was eating breakfast at 5 am ???

Interesting.

Hope all Royals are well!

Amarantha2 06-03-2012 01:11 PM

And speakin' o' optimism, I thought I might be up on the scale today but was down two on my official weigh-in day.

Also lost overall 2.5 inches, really just a redistribution in all the right places.

Really happy happy happy!

TO KAYLETS, AND ALL ROYALS WHO INHABITETH THIS THREAD OR LURK OR WANDER HITHER AND YON THROUGH THE PALACE AT ANY POINT IN TIME, I wish ye well and will be back anon!

Wootness!

Amarantha2 06-06-2012 03:52 PM

Wootness, just stopped in to water the plants in the palace and say huzzah to any passin' royalty. :wave:

Having a GREAT day although vacation is pretty much over as had business things to do today and am working tomorrow night and weekend and next week.

T'is a rather high cal day and some GREAT sugary things have unfortunately been devoured.

Exercise is thusly:

WEDNESDAY, June 6, 2012, Day 256 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 30 min run/walk (C25K, W2D1), 30 min walk, total streakity streak minutes so far 19,410 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Und so weiter ... :)

Amarantha2 06-08-2012 07:41 PM

Just fer fun Am2 be a'postin' her streakity here in the palace today:

FRIDAY, June 8, 2012, Day 258 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 105 min walk, 15 min strength, total streakity streak minutes so far 19,560 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Verra absorbed in a lot of activities, work and things, lately, and deep in thought! The beat goes on as far as the day count backwards to the Sunday AFTER the Mayan's Winter Solstice (everyone's winter solstice lol, but the ancient Mayans made it special with their calendar, which Am2 believes does NOT predict the end of the world or the end of time but can be taken as symbolic for an end to a cycle of time that will result in time beginning again with a new and GREAT cycle). Am2 doth NOT believe there is any objective reason to think the Mayans could or did predict the end of the world, exactly, nor doth she think anyone can, SO she has set her GREAT AMAZING GOAL DATE at the Sunday AFTER the winter solstice and huzzah. This is Day 205. Thank ye for listenin' ... wootness, dear Royals! Am2 thinks of all of ye often and misses ye but know ye, like Moi (Just Me) are absorbed in many things as life is complex and exciting for all of us.

Amarantha2 06-09-2012 11:50 AM

Huzzah Royal1

T'is a beautiful day in my neighborhood and hope is the same in yours, dear Royals!

To share: SATURDAY, June 9, 2012, Day 259 of streakity streak of no day missed of daily exercise, 60 min walk, 10 min run, total streakity streak minutes so far 19,630 (Previous: 288 consecutive days of exercise, 18000 exercise minutes!)

Wootness! Ran a bit, next week getting back to project of getting THROUGH the WHOLE C25K without hurting anything!

Scanning sky for scale angels for weigh-in tomorrow.

Working on stuff I get paid for.

That is the day, and this is 204 of the countdown to the Mayan cycle holiday that I am celebrating on the Sunday following the winter solstice. Hugs to all!

:hug: