Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #211  

Morning all.

Michelle - Glad the doc appts went well. Lots of doctor visits! But definitely needed. I imagine that w/ DH's infection this is something that the docs will have to watch for a while, even after he's feeling 100% again. Hope the crises at work have been dealt with and today is calmer!!

Ceejay - Sorry you ended up w/ a stomach bug after your weekend! I hope you're past it now and feeling good.

Annie - Awww, Happy 65th to your mom & dad - it's nice to think of her watching over all of you, isn't it? Thanks for your support, but I'll probably just drop the movie group entirely. Yeh, I'm still in a pi$$y mood about this, probably because I went to the movies last night and like a dumba$$ didn't say anything to anyone about what I was told Sunday night. It would have been good to clear the air, but no, I just didn't bother. I don't know why the "girls only" thing was important to whoever the complainer was, but it was much more the way it was handled than the actual issue. I've been seeing movies with a couple of the remaining women for about 10 years and apparently they didn't bother telling the complainer that my bf had been coming to movie nights with me on a rather sporadic and infrequent basis and it wasn't a big deal. Whatever.

Shad - Glad you're sleeping and eating better these days, and it sounds like you need that because you're schedule's tough enough as it is!

Mel - I hope the building stays quiet today. I like your smiley face sun today! "Balmy in the head" - just love that! I'll have to use it sometime. And speaking of balmy - it felt that way during this morning's commute, very mild. I'm betting by the time lunch comes around though, the wind will be whipping up a frenzy. Oh well.

Hellos to Happy and Mary!
===
I've decided I'm just not a horror movie type of person. The movie "The Woman in Black" was actually good and creepy and I thought it was a good story, but the nature of (at least some of) these kinds of movies seems to be slow-moving and repetitive. The rest of the group was sort of lukewarm on it too. BUT - if you're a fan of this genre, I think you might like it. Having seen none of the Harry Potter movies, this is the first movie I saw w/ Daniel Radcliffe. I thought he did a good job and he does have nice blue eyes, doesn't he?

Tonight's Pilates. As you can tell from what I said to Annie, the more I dwell on the stupid movie group thing the more it bugs me. I need to move on!! When the next e-mail for movie group comes out, I will tell the leader that I'm through and to drop me from the list. I'm also going to RSVP "no" to the book club invitation, and then it'll be done.

I received my order from Lands End last night and now have new gloves, mittens and scarf. This year I lost a pair of mittens, and one pair of gloves I never liked, so now I have replacements for those. I also bought a pair of pjs.

That's about all I have to report, so off I go.

Last edited by Laura705; 02-29-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #212  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

You might be snowed under Shad but we are snowed in. Got at least 8 inches and more to come. It will snow for at least a few more hours and it's quite breezy out there too so cleaning it up will be quite a job. We are debating about going out now and having the winds blow it all back or waiting until it's done. My cousin went out already, said he came back in soaking wet. The trees are bending with the weight of the snow, when the wind blows it knocks off the trees.

Oh man... lights just flickered and went out for about 5 seconds. Not enough to reboot the computer but this is not good. No power means no water (well) and no heat. I certainly hope we don't lose power or we will be in quite dire straights. I'd better get off the computer and go fill up the tub with some water. Later chicks...

P.S. I know my cousin is all excited about this but I'm thinking it's not that great!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #213  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning girls are you leaping around or in Shad's case lept (past tense.lol)...just got to work. Had my yearly appt with doc Jessica. Curtis had one after I did as he needed a new MD. He liked her a lot which I knew he would. She is fabulous. Next up on the agenda is a colonscopy. Can hardly wait for that, and also my mammogram is due in March....it is H*LL getting old. She is retesting my thyroid in a couple of weeks then determining where to go with that. Curtis is fine, she did preliminary blood work since it was her first time seeing him.

HAPPY...I am with you on thinking the snow is not great. Blah! I would just hibernate til Spring, don't even go out and shovel. lol

LAURA...good thing the new winter wear came as you have been getting the snow lately. We are having hig 68 and right now it is sunny. Beautiful, almost didn't come in from doc appt.

MELLIE...too quiet in the building? You know what they say...always calm before the storm. Take cover and get out the guns.

SHADDIE...glad the sleeping and eating are back on track. That can be so miserable. I know all about bad sleep, have had it for 26 years.

CHELLE...hope you and DH are doing better today!

CEEJAY...how is work treating you today? OK I hope.

Gotta get my giddy up on.

Have a wonderful hump day...love and hugs..
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #214  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Oh for heaven's sake.... I made a post then deleted it because I forgot to add pictures. Tried to re-add it with pictures and it would not let me telling me it was a duplicate post. Trying again...

I hope it was just a momentary blip in the power. About to go out and help DH with the shovelling. It's still coming down - we got over a foot of snow. Here's some pictures.

The first picture is looking out the back door down the deck to the gazebo.

The second is looking out the front door across the driveway at the mancave. The dark spot to the left of it under the trees is the boat shed and you can see the corner of the garage in the leftmost part of the picture. The driveway leads to the right out to the road. That table in the front of the picture on the deck was completely clear last night - that's how much snow we got. I'm posting them right from 3FC - I hope they are big enough to show detail.

I'm not looking forward to shovelling this although it's good packing. Not a powder but not as heavy as it could be.

Talk to you later...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Big Snow Out the Back Door 022912.jpg (40.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Big Snow Out the Front Door 022912.jpg (35.8 KB, 7 views)
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #215  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quick post...work is still crazy. I'm eating a quick lunch before an afternoon of meetings when I should be doing development. I'm still really stressed about DH...and wish Friday and his appointments (and hopefully some more answers/treatment) would just get here already.

Happy - Please tell DH to be careful moving that wet heavy snow. And don't you hurt yourself trying to help him. I hope your power stays on. You should have some spare water (water softener and/or water heater) even if a power outage stops the well pump. I'm thankful we got rain here...and hopefully the rest of the precipitation this week comes as rain.

Annie - Gotta get the boobs and butt checked, eh? No fun. I'm sure after September, my doc will be talking to me about the colonscopy. Ugh.

Dang...I've got to head to the meeting...no time for more personals.

I hope everyone's day gets better.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #216  

Annie- glad the doc appts went well. Ugh to both the butt & boob procedures ( lol Michelle!!). Yup, a little snow is pretty, the rest is a PITA or worse! Lol, yeh I thought my new winter accessories might assure some non- winter weather, heehee. Lovin it even though the wind is blowing really good right now.

Happy- glad the snow isnt the slush we got last week, but with the quantities you've gotten & are yet to get, please be careful, same for dh of course. your power doesn't go out!!! Wow great photos - that's a LOT of snow!!

Michelle - sorry your day is again crazy!! Breathe!!!

Ha
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
The snow is beautiful. Please be careful and tell dh to be careful also while you are out there shoveling.

-----
Came back to work today although I'm still not strong enough to do much. I have been able to keep down half of the oatmeal and a can of cream of chicken soup.

Heard from my niece via FB this morning that my sister wasn't in Branson last night so I'm proud of that. Now I'm not sure if I'm going to go to Missouri next week end. I may end up at her house in Ash Grove/Springfield.

More later. Still have stuff to do.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #218  
Annie - Indiana

Hey Hey we're the MONKEES....Davey Jones, 66, past away today with an apparant heart attack...so sad and will be missed...one of my first celebrity crushes...and Bobby Sherman....Last Train to Clarksville...Goodbye Sleepy Jean!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #219  

Annie
Love both Davie Jones and Bobby Sherman. So sad to hear about Davie Jones. To me 66 is young.

As far as work goes everything is fine for the moment. Still dotting the I's and crossinng the T's
Old 02-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #220  
Annie - Indiana

Good for you Ceeg....I feel so old when the crushes of my life pass away....Keep you nose down and do your work...ignore the rest..i.e. associates that create trouble. Hugs to you sweet sista.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #221  

Annie
Guess I'll definately have to call you sista now. My two real sister's call me ceege also.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #222  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ly-chicks.html

SHAD MADE US A NEW THREAD FOR MARCH.

DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote