View Poll Results: Which Body Part Are You MOST Satisfied With?
Arms 2 20.00%
Legs 0 0%
Hips 0 0%
Breast 1 10.00%
Stomach 1 10.00%
Butt 0 0%
Other 0 0%
None Of The Above 6 60.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 05:03 PM   #16  

Sorry that I haven't had time to post of each one of you. I have been stressed out over Desiree's situation. She has not been able to sleep much. I brought her to the doctors this afternoon for a different perscription for sleeping pills. He wants to put her on antidepressents again but she does not want to take them. We will be going back next week to see how she is doing. She is off to see the psychologist right now. Her mood can swing so quickly that I don't know what to expect from her from one moment to the next.

Well I got to get to making dinner. Hope you all have a good day.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:52 PM   #17  

Gayle-Loved your cooks!!
Old 02-25-2003, 09:13 PM   #18  

Ok....All you "American Idol" watchers!!! My vote goes to Joshua!! I also liked Corey.It's going to be a tough competition against those two, Kimberly & Ruebin!! What did ya'll think?

Debbie,
I hope you had a wonderful birthday and are having a good time with your kids and grandkids tonight!!

Carol,
I'm soooo happy you posted!!!! YEAH!!! I have missed you!! Try to post once or twice a week if that's all you have time for.You don't have to take the time to post to everyone.Just let us know if you're OP or need a butt kick!! Luv ya girl!!

More tomorrow folks!!
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 02-25-2003, 09:35 PM   #19  

Hi everybody!

Happy Birthday, DEBBIE!!

Dee--I'm so sorry to hear about what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Well here I am almost through day 2 of Atkins. I have finally gotten myself on a program. I read through most of the book over the weekend, went to the market to stock up on half&half, butter, cream cheese, protein, jello, etc. Kind of an unusual shopping list for a diet. My dh found the ketosis sticks for me yesterday, so I will check tomorrow to see if it is purple.

I definitely feel kind of weird (light headed, queasy stomach) because I have given up all my vices in one fell swoop--caffeine, sugar, breads, alcohol, pasta, etc., etc. I'm hoping that the no caffeine head ache goes away by tomorrow.

DH has been very supportive. He is drinking decaf with me in the morning and asking me what he can do to help.

So that's the word. My plan is to see how I feel after a week and then go from there. I'll keep you posted.

Take care Floozies!
Old 02-25-2003, 10:30 PM   #20  

Shelley check out the exercise thread....I posted a chalenge for you.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:28 PM   #21  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Dee...how old is Dez? I'm thinking that if she's under 18, whether or not she takes medication prescribed by a doctor shouldn't be her choice to make.

I really feel for you. I'm not sure I could be in your shoes. I hope things get better for her, and for you.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:25 AM   #22  

Jennelle-I'm dying to know if you have lost any inches yet. Have you measured? I know how hard and committed you have to be to BFL to get results. You are doing great. I've been keeping up with the posting over at that thread. I used to post there constantly.

Dee-See my answer to your challenge. I think I will set my goal to 100 for March, since I will be on Spring Break for a week. Give Dez a hug for me, and I continue to keep you in my prayers.

Debbie-I'm so proud of you for going back to Curves this week!! You are doing great. I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Maui-Good luck on Atkins. I've tried that too, but I just couldn't stay away from my carbs!! Some people love it though. I'm sure you'll do great. Just take it 1 day at a time!!

Carol-I agree with Sherry!! Just pop in to let us know that you're still alive and kickin'!!

Hey all you ladies with the white stuff-Come on down to Ft Myers and bunk at my house!! It's still very warm here!!

Love to everyone!!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:44 AM   #23  
Losing it!

Howdy girls!!!!

Deb: I hope you had a great birthday!!!!!!! Did hubby surprise you with the stove??

Jeanne: Good luck on your plan!!!! I am starting Protein power, have you heard of it? From what I gather, it is not as restrictive as Adkins, plus you still get coffee!!!! Click on the 3FC, and go to low carb diet guide if you are interested in learning more. BTW: How many carbs do you get a day?

Shelley: I am packing up some of this snow and sending your way!

Sher: I vote for Joshua too!!!! If Corey is the one with funkey hair...then he also got my vote! Simon was full of comments last night wasn't he? My opinion, but I thought a few of the singers spoke pretty harsh towards him. After all, without him, they would not have the opportunity to be there....

Dee: I second what Jennelle said. You are the mother, and you should be able to know what is in your childs best interest. If the meds will help, then Dez needs to take them, regardless if she wants to or not. I use to work with a young group of people that needed medicated, I would stand and hand out meds one by one and even go as far as to have them open their mouth after each dose to make sure it was swallowed. One young gent was notorious for stashing the pills then crushing and snorting!!!

Ramona: Did you make it home???? Ready for spring???

Titan Dee: Sorry, I probably can't make it to Tunica.....stuck out here in Kansas!

I am on day 2 of my new goal: To be "FIT & FORTY" by my birthday in May!!!!! Wish me luck!
Old 02-26-2003, 04:15 PM   #24  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

aaagggghhh!!! Shelley....I'm doing okay, I guess, considering anything BFL-related has fallen by the wayside for the past two weeks. I'm really having trouble finding my motivation again, and I'm not sure why. I don't like being fat, but I must not want to be thin very badly.

With that said, I still have lost two inches off my waist.
Old 02-26-2003, 04:37 PM   #25  

Gayle, if Nashville doesn't quit getting snow or snow predicted, Debbie & Sherry will be going back to school for the fall before they get out of this year. I'm not sure if they had school today or not. I just clicked onto a live scene from Nashville and it looks awful though I can't tell if there is snow on the highway or not. It's too cloudy to see much.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:49 PM   #26  

Jennelle-2 inches off your waist is terrific!! Like I said before, BFL is very slow, but it will start showing all at once. What do you do for your aerobic days?

Gayle-You will be fit and forty, and you know it!!! I tried Protein Power a few years ago. I have that book lying around here too, among all my diet books!! Isn't it amazing how many diet books you can gather over the years? I even have the very first WW book by Jean Neiditch. Of course, that is probably way before your time, since I am soooo much older than you!!

Hope everyone's snow is melting and go bye bye!!
Old 02-27-2003, 09:28 AM   #27  
Losing it!

Hey Shelley, you might be older, but you are soooooo much more physically fit then I am!!! I can hardly run a block...let alone the miles you put in!!!!! Whats your input on the protein power program???

Starting day 3!!!!!!!!!! Longest I've had in a while trying to stay OP!!! Honestly, I am not hungry and as of this point, I am not missing the carbs. But I am sure the next time I smell a loaf of bread, I will have drool down to my knees!

Titan Dee: While we are all enjoying the Summer break, Deb & Sher will be making up snow days!!!! It snows so much here, that we have not even begun to use all of our snow days alotted for the year. Did you get the furniture put together?

Jennelle: GREAT JOB ON THE 2" OFF OF THE WAIST!!!!!!! Did the scales show a weight loss too? You will get your motivation back, we all derail......

Well, to all my other Floozie friends: Please try to find time to post a quick message about how lifes treating you, we care!!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:15 PM   #28  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hey girls

Hope everyone is having a great afternoon. Tell me why I am so tired when I can't remember when I've worked a full week...LOL. But anyways I'm glad tomorrow is Friday!!!

Sherry.... Hope you are feeling better. Rest up, remember we have a date this weekend..Party!!!!

Jeanne.... How is the Adkins going? What day are you on now? Try to stay on it until you lose all the weight you want to. I speach from experience, it's hard to get back on after you quit for awhile.

Gayle.... What is the difference between Adkins and Protein Power? Maybe it would work better for me, no luck with Adkins these days. After about 3 days, I'm ready to eat everything in sight. Help!!!!!

Shelley... How do you stay motivated to excerise? I love going to Curves and feel so good after I work out but having a hard time putting excerise and diet together.

Dee...titan fan.... I'm done with the snow!!! I love summertime too much, to extend the school year any.

Got to run for now, I'll try to post to everyone tomorrow night.

Love u guys...debbie

Last edited by DebbieA; 02-27-2003 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:49 PM   #29  

Debbie-Lately what keeps me motivated is being able to fit in my older clothes. Also, I don't think I would have gone as many miles as I had if I wasn't on the 25 mile a week challenge on the WW board, and trying to keep up with Dee!!! I have now been journaling for almost a week---that definitely helps with the eating part!! I am eating more points than I should be, but I'm sure it would be more if I wasn't accounting for everything that I am eating during the day.

Gayle-I really wasn't on the diet long enough to be able to tell you anything. I just can't do the no carb thing.

Dee-How is Desiree today?? I hope she is doing better. You know you have to take this 1 day at a time!!

Love to everybody!!
Old 02-27-2003, 09:45 PM   #30  

I wish that I could address everyone but my energy is getting sucked out due to the stress Dez is creating.

Sherry you promised that you would go to the doctors tomorrow if you weren't any better, Remember?

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse they did. I found out Desiree was smoking pot last week. She told me about it and that she was trying to stop. Well today I found her stash and it was bagged 25 ways. I am about to have a chat with her when she gets home from work. I believe that she was dealing. Oh boy, I wonder why I ever had children. I wish at this point of my life that I wouldn't have. The only good thing I can say it is wise that we stopped at two. They are both dissappointments. If Dez can sell drugs and she is a good kid I wonder what the kids I consider bad are capable of doing? I will give her the benifit of the doubt this time because she told me about the pot she was smoking and trying to quit for the last week and a half. If it wasn't for that, the police would have been waiting here for her after school. We will see what will happen tonight. Talk about stress.
It has just become to much to cope with these kids.

Last edited by Deelite; 02-27-2003 at 09:48 PM.
Closed Thread