3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Slow Dancing With A Stranger Take 2 :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/248065-slow-dancing-stranger-take-2-a.html)

runningfromfat 12-05-2011 06:34 AM

Ok, so I'm in shock today. I stepped on the scale and 169 showed up! :eek: :goodscale I NEVER have 2lb whooshes and after an over month long plateau I'm just stunned, but I'll happily take it!

Jo- I'll happily bring you with into the 160's. I hope you join me here soon! ;)

Jo and K9O - Yes, I'm very, very relieved that it looks like I don't have scoliosis! :woohoo: It really makes me upset, though, that a doctor would throw around diagnoses like that so haphazardly. I'm definitely the type of person to go get a second opinion but I know now everyone is like that. I wonder how many people he's misdiagnosed? :(

For me it's not so much that a doctor pointed out that I'm overweight. I know I still have more to lose but it's more the way he said it and also the hypocrisy built right in there (considering he was quite a bit bigger than me!). Although it's true that I'm glad to know that further weight loss might help with my problems. I really hope that turns out to be the case!

-------------

As for the fast food/pizza question. I LOVE PIZZA. :hungry: A diet without pizza is NOT going to happen for me :snooty: (I think that's why I was never able to stick with the South Beach diet! :lol:). My nutritionist has allowed me to have it but it's about once a week and I also have to eat it with Soup or Salad. I'm allowed 2 pieces (obviously that depends on the size of the piece, though... but she's drawn me a picture of the size so I have an idea ;) ). Its one of those things that I've just had to work into my plan.

-----------------------

RE: Christmas stuff. We don't have anything up yet but we also don't own any Christmas decorations yet (we moved abroad earlier this year and got rid of almost all our earthly possessions!). So we've actually been trying to find Christmas lights without much success. Not sure if we'll get a tree or not but I do want lights at least to put out on our balcony.

alaskanlaughter 12-05-2011 11:19 AM

good morning! today was my monthly weigh-in day, the official Record lol...it showed me UP (ugh) 3 pounds from 208.4 last month on the 5th to 211.4 this month on the 5th...i know that i've been working out much harder, i know i'm retaining water, my ankles have been swollen for a week, and TOM is due today or tomorrow so i'm not putting MUCH stock in the weight but i hate to officially record that :(....ive also seen my weight fluctuate by 6 pounds in one day and my plan was to record the lowest weight i see today, but i wont be home until tonight because of my busy schedule today...

Rana 12-05-2011 12:08 PM

Christmas Stuff - I forgot to answer, but I hate putting up the decorations (or rather, I hate taking them down!!!!). I'm doing it anyway.

RFF Good news on the doctor's diagnosis and good news on the weight loss! Yay you!

Alaskan Trust me, I understand. I hate recording the higher weights, especially when I know I'm on track.

Report: I didn't get on the scale today, so I have no idea if the weight is still there. I think I might wait a few more days or until my official weigh-in on Saturday.

Spinning class tonight.

alaskanlaughter 12-05-2011 01:36 PM

worked my usual short morning shift 645-8 a.m....then went to the gym since i dont have any other time today to do that...

krystal i did my two-minute intervals again for half an hour and put the speed at 4.7 instead of 4.6, slowlyyy trying to get it back up there...then i did 10 minutes at an incline, 6 minutes at 10% and 2 minutes at 12 %, again trying to up the intensity just a bit...treadmill says i burned 275 calories...sure felt like more than that, drenched in sweat and dripping by the time i was done

now i'm at work for a second, then taking son to the eye doctor, than probably back to work til 6 p.m....wheee! lol

forloveofself 12-05-2011 02:44 PM

Hello Everyone,
Congratulations for hanging in there, with both the literal and emotional ups and downs.

Doing well so far though the insomnia monster was with me last night.
I'd be fine if the headache would go away, but thankfully it is finally subsiding.

Other good news, the psyllium therapy (two tabs) is working after two days. K9O you were right about it being a lot more gentle than the Benefibre.
Oh, regarding fast food, I have the chicken salad at McD's though I used to once in a while have the spicy chicken sandwich and removed the top half of the bun. Haven't had one since June I think.

running, Congratulations, Hoorah! your 2lb loss gives me hope

Breakfast: Bowl of unsugared mini shredded wheat with milk and a pack Truvia sprinkled over it. An hour later, one slice wheat raisin cinnamon bread, buttered.

Lunch: Salad with olive oil, baked wheat crackers, cheddar cheese slices

Dinner: will have a salad with baked chicken breast
Snacks: Yogurt

On my way out for a long walk with puppy. Dreary but dry weather today, so perhaps sunshine tomorrow.

Tah for now

K9Owner 12-05-2011 04:13 PM

Hi All :wave:
Well, somehow I managed to pack in almost 2K cals yest!

Sunday's Horrible Damage Report
Cottage Cheese w/Peaches: 106
Chip/Dip: 280 :nono:
Sushi (veggie Roll), PB Grahams, Banana, Pumpkin Spice Coffee, Zucchini Bread: 916 :yikes:
Snack Well Cookies (2), Turkey Stew w/cornbread: ~663
Total: 1965

Walking While Working: 299
Water: 48 oz :fr:

I MUST do better than this! Last night was a DISGRACE to my diet at work. Oh how I desire to be bold and OP at work. I WILL get there.

I hope you all are having a fabulous Monday. It has rained so ugh here. I think I need a raft! If the temps would drop a little, it would turn to snow and that would just be AWESOME!! I may even get a notion to put up a Byer's Choice Caroler! :lol:

forloveofself 12-05-2011 09:05 PM

K9O, sorry about your minor setback, I'm sure youll do better tomorrow.
I tried on the dress I hoped would fit well by now. It fit, but not well. I could feel the tightness around my upper arm and waistline; uncomfortable. ugh!

Just have to keep going, nothing else I can do. sigh.

I'll see how it feels in two weeks.

K9Owner 12-05-2011 09:48 PM

Rana: Are you an addicted daily weigher as well?? I am doing well not weighing everyday like I am used too. It feels nice not to have to be so addicted to it every morning. I usually try to weigh every 3 days or so now. :crossed: Saturday brings results in your favor!

RFF: :yay: for your loss!! I'm celebrating with you today!!!
Thank you for the :jeno: idea. I think I binge on it b/c I know I'm not supposed to eat it. I think if I changed my way of thinking and focused on it as a side dish, like a roll at dinner, instead of dinner itself, I may could STOP binging on it and gaining every time I eat it.
What a NOVEL idea!! THANK YOU!!

Alaskan: Dear friend! You are going to be a runner soon, just give yourself a little time.

LoveofSelf: I suffer from insomnia as well. I totally feel your pain. Mine is due to working nights some days of the week and trying to maintain a day schedule the other days. I have several international online friends and trying to keep up with what time it is where is challenging, but I love it :)
Hopefully, you'll be in that dress in no time!!

alaskanlaughter 12-06-2011 02:22 AM

so apparently i can post from home tonight...weird...was a veryyy long day, didnt get home til 7 p.m. and i'd been gone from home since 630 a.m....after work took younger son to pick out his glasses frames at the eye store, he was soo excited lol...then home to make dinner...while older son and DH stacked the half-cord of wood that just got delivered tonight...sadly we got the news that DH's cousin's son committed suicide today :( please keep his family in your prayers...i think DH will fly home to the village for the funeral...its almost 10:30 p.m. and im finally sitting down for a minute...think i'm going to bed next :)

krystal...how long does it take to really become a runner? ive been doing treadmill for just one month but i like it because it's efficient (i dont have all day to do a workout) and because i never thought i could do it

jomatho 12-06-2011 06:20 AM

Hi all, I am hanging in there, just barely, but I am. Hoping this funk in my head is on it's way out the door.
I am not going to continue with p90x through the holidays, I twinged a muscle in my stomach on Sunday :(. Try doing anything strenuous without using your stomach muscles! Feels like I could really pull it if I'm not careful. I always knew my core was the weakest and here is proof. So, for now, I will just keep up with my walking (got an hour in yesterday) and take it from there. Not good during holiday time to not be busting out the workouts. I may need to run a few times this week if it doesn't bother me.

Good eating the last couple days, I think the TOM hungries are leaving me, thank goodness. We will see how today goes, I am trying to fluctuate between calorie goals and today is the lower one at 1200, I cannot seem to hit that for the life of me. I wonder since I am not working out so intensely if that has something to do with it? Prob. a combination of the workouts and TOM.

Question of the day: Do you guys take vitamins or supplements, and which ones? I know everyone is going to have pysllium on their list ;)
I try to remember to take a multi, fish or krill oil, D3, and occasionally extra magnesium/calcium (around TOM, but I forgot this month and I swear I am better when I take it, there must be a correlation), and occasionally probiotics and/or digestive enzymes. Seems every health related article I read now is linking different diseases to the gut flora. They say everyone should be taking probiotics more so than multi vitamins. I am trying to be better, but the ones I have say take between meals and I always remember with food in my belly. Oh, and usually I am pretty good with taking ground flax seed to help keep me regular and for its other benefits, but lately I have not been so good, I need to get back to that. I think that is it.

Just curious what others take and thought it would be fun to have a question of the day every once in a while.

Well, hope everyone has a good day, I am going to try to make it a productive one.

jomatho 12-06-2011 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter (Post 4130027)
so apparently i can post from home tonight...weird...was a veryyy long day, didnt get home til 7 p.m. and i'd been gone from home since 630 a.m....after work took younger son to pick out his glasses frames at the eye store, he was soo excited lol...then home to make dinner...while older son and DH stacked the half-cord of wood that just got delivered tonight...sadly we got the news that DH's cousin's son committed suicide today :( please keep his family in your prayers...i think DH will fly home to the village for the funeral...its almost 10:30 p.m. and im finally sitting down for a minute...think i'm going to bed next :)

krystal...how long does it take to really become a runner? ive been doing treadmill for just one month but i like it because it's efficient (i dont have all day to do a workout) and because i never thought i could do it

I know this question wasn't aimed at me, but you are running right? You are a runner! I know what you mean though, when do you feel like a runner. I think for me it took about 4 months to feel good running enough so that I felt I could call myself a runner, everyone is different though.

Rana 12-06-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9Owner (Post 4129871)
Rana: Are you an addicted daily weigher as well?? I am doing well not weighing everyday like I am used too. It feels nice not to have to be so addicted to it every morning. I usually try to weigh every 3 days or so now. :crossed: Saturday brings results in your favor!

I am addicted and I force myself to weigh in only once a week (usually, not recently :o ) because I do let it affect my mood or worse, it will affect what I eat or not eat!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter (Post 4130027)
sadly we got the news that DH's cousin's son committed suicide today :( please keep his family in your prayers...i think DH will fly home to the village for the funeral...

I am so sorry, Alaskan! What terrible news. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jomatho (Post 4130088)
Question of the day: Do you guys take vitamins or supplements, and which ones? I know everyone is going to have pysllium on their list ;)

I am sorry about your pulled muscle! I hope you feel better soon.

As for multivitamins....

I am the exception, I don't take psyllium! I get my fiber intake from the food I eat -- legumes, brown rice, vegetables and fruits.

But, back to vitamins/supplements:

D3 (2000 u - 4000 u) - (Recommended by doctor because my D levels were low)
Vitamin C (1000-2000)
Super B vitamin complex - recommended a long time ago because of my PCOS
Women's Whole Food Multivitamin - made from whole foods, rather than minerals
Chelated Magnesium (400 mcg)
Chromium Polynicolinate (800 mcg)
Cranberry pills (2)
Fish Oil (Krill/Sardine) (2)
Glucosamine/Chrondroitin

:p
I think that's it.

Basically, I got little baggies (from a craft store, they have them in the jewelry sections) which are the right size for putting in all the pills. I carry them in my purse or have a little pile of them around the house/office, so I can take them (and not forget).

Rana 12-06-2011 09:30 AM

My update -- stayed under calories yesterday (yay) and still got on the scale today and saw two pounds go down, now I need to see the next two come down too.

Today, I'm sticking to the calories or slightly under and I am going to Pilates.

K9Owner 12-06-2011 10:20 AM

Good morning Ladies (and gents if you're lurking) ;)

I wanted to take this opportunity this morning to invite you to a different dance just for today.

Despite our unique situations and circumstances with weight loss and personal fitness and all the upsets we may be facing today, I'd like for you to reflect on last year December 6, 2010. Perhaps you remember the clothes you were wearing. Perhaps you were working and in your using business attire--for me SCRUBS!

Imagine your bottoms: Were they snug or loose? A size larger than today? 2 maybe? The same size as today? Smaller? (Hopefully not).

Now picture your top: Was it snug or loose? Form-fitting to your chest? Did you even like it or was it "just a tee shirt"?

Today, I am dancing with a new skirt on. It is a jean skirt from Gap. I bought it last week at Goodwill for $6 USD. It is a size 10. Last year, on December 6, I would not have even worn a skirt. My "Fat girl" complex would not have allowed for that! I have on black knee boots and a black 3/4 sleeved sweater. I also have on a cute black and white furry hat because it's frigid and wet in the south today. :rain:

I can even wear most of my clothes that I couldn't wear last year or in 2009! I feel like much of my hard work is paying off, because I can go shopping in my own closet!

As many disappointments as I have had with weight loss over the past few months, I have much to celebrate today. I am NO WHERE close to where I want to be in this fitness journey, but I am so proud to know that I am still choosing to press on toward my personal goals.

I'm inviting you to reflect on where you are today compared to last year and take a twirl around your kitchen in your favorite skirt (or jeans) and smile on yourself on how far you've come so far :)

alaskanlaughter 12-06-2011 11:33 AM

good morning! a year ago today i was about 20-25 pounds heavier...or i accumulated it over last holiday season's baking festivities...i realized i had gained weight when the sweater that i bought that was BIG on last year's black friday shopping was getting way too TIGHT at an early january birthday party!! so it took me a month or two of getting my head on straight and then in last March i truly started working at being healthy for life

i have been up since 3 a.m. with my younger son who seems to have developed a sudden severe ear infection...we are going to the doctor as soon as my early morning work shift is finished and the doctor is open...i wont be at work the rest of the day and i doubt i'm making it to the gym either...