3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Slow Dancing With A Stranger Take 2 :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/248065-slow-dancing-stranger-take-2-a.html)

geoblewis 12-03-2011 03:10 PM

Hey all. I'm one of your newbies here and I'm checking in. Nice to see you all here.

I'm having a great weekend with a good friend. Usually we tend to do some overindulging when we're together, but she's thin and can afford it. I can't! So I'm finally learning I don't have to support anyone else's choices in what they want to eat/drink by joining them. This is a recent discovery in myself. I'm working on trying to find the freedom in it. It's about making choices for myself out of authenticity and personal integrity. She's such a good friend that she supports me and doesn't look at the changes in my choices as a threat to our relationship.

I feel blessed to have such a good friend. Everyone should be surrounded by authentic people like that!

I seem to experience advancement in my general wellness in phases. I lose some weight, then I freak out about it a little, settle into it, learn a bit more about myself, make some changes, get used to those, take new steps to push the weight loss a little more...it's a cycle for me, I think. Physical shrinking, then personal growth. Maybe I had to wait until I could emotionally own my entire body and all my achievements before I could lose the weight. It finally feels like I'm doing this for me!

K9Owner 12-03-2011 06:05 PM

Friends,
I feel terrible that I can't post a detailed summation! :tantrum:
This day has been soooo WONDERFUL!

The Runner's Expo was last night with the Marathon, 1/2 Marathon, & Grizzly House 5K today. I had friends running in the 1/2 and 5K--2 of which I got interested in running! :running:
I went and had so much fun. It is defo different when you're a spectator than when you are running. I had the adrenaline as if I were going to run!! It was really weird!
However, now I am exhausted and am in desperate need of a nap! :faint:

More later.
Foodwise today--I was doing so well until after I left the races :cry:
Then I had carrot cake! 900 cals worth! :fr:
If I were bulimic, I'd sooooo take care of this right now! YUCK! I feel terrible!

alaskanlaughter 12-03-2011 07:38 PM

so glad you had fun krystal!!

ive been busy with usual saturday chores - paying bills, trip to recycling center, took older son to an art class and i worked out while he was there...did my usual routine on the treadmill...now we're gonna go out grocery shopping, my pantry is pretty empty lol

K9Owner 12-03-2011 09:38 PM

PP: What's in your mending pile? I'm a little lost :lol: (NOT unusual!)

Rana: Welcome back home! It's weird how one day can be sooo ravenous while other days we are just not that hungry. Why can't there be more days when I'm just "not hungry" :lol:
:crossed: that you're just up a couple lbs of water. It'll be gone soon, hopefully!

Alaskan
: I am so glad you are enjoying :running: ! Next yr, I am dedicating myself to the 1/2! It's PAST time for me to run 1. It's also a personal goal. One of my very good friends, who I got into running, completed the 1/2 in 2 hrs and 36 min, which averages out to about a 12 min mile, which is what I run. She said her only goal was to run the whole thing without stopping or walking. My goal will be to DO IT--no matter if I have to walk a little :)

LoveofSelf
: Do you have TMJ? (undiagnosed) Sometimes, people get this after dental work. Just curious :dunno:

RFF: :carrot: that would be awesome news if you DIDN'T have scoliosis! It's interesting that you commented about your MD saying you were "really big". In May or June of this yr, when I was starting this journey again, I went to my OBGYN. He asked if I were trying to conceive. Uhm, NO! He then proceeded to tell me that it was perfectly safe for me to try if I wanted b/c I wasn't "overweight". At the time, I was about 155 lbs or so. Hmmmm, I thought that was interesting. Since according to my stats, even at 148, I'm STILL considered overweight! My former OBGYN--who was killed in a plane crash a few yrs ago--always wanted his patients to be @ healthy weights. He was very strict on his preggo patients not gaining more than 20 lbs during their pregnancies with one baby. He was criticized much for it, but if I ever became preggo--after fainting--I think I would want a MD to be strict on my gaining efforts. It only hurts expecting mothers in the long run when they gain so much during pregnancy, imo. OK, I'm totally OFF subject :lol: What I think I was trying to say is, 1 physician may say you're at a normal weight while another may criticize you for gaining a few extra pounds. :hug:

:wave: Hi Jo & Star, and others I may have missed!

Georgia: I LOVE THIS "It's about making choices for myself out of authenticity and personal integrity."

Ok, this is a general question for the entire thread. I have an inner 5 yr old that loves :jeno: and cake. I call him Ishmael. IDK why it's a "he", but he throws tantrums until I feed him garbage in many aspects of my life, not just food. Needless to say, I don't ALWAYS make good choices--like today--with food selections.

However, yesterday while I was out shopping, I ate fast food. I usually NEVER eat fast food, b/c I usually go prepared with a fully stocked personal-sized cooler with everything from water to healthy snacks. So, I became hungry, and I was quite a distance from home and decided to get Wendy's. ((For those of you unfamiliar, they serve burgers, fries, chicken, & salads)) I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce, onion, pickle, and mustard & a sour cream and chive baked potato. I topped it with 1 butter and 1 RF sour cream. I removed the entire bun and tossed it in the trash and ate about 65% of the potato. It was rather big & tossed the rest.
The question is::When you are in a bind and HAVE to eat fast food or anywhere other than home unexpectedly, what do you get?

If I MUST eat out quick, this is my go to place and this is my go to meal. I also go to McAlister's Deli and get a grilled chicken spud w/bell peppers and caramelized onions & top it with 1 butter, 1 sour cream and 1 salsa & eat 1/2 of it at one sitting.

K9Owner 12-03-2011 09:58 PM

Friday's Menu
Cottage Cheese w/Peaches, Zucchini bread: ~310
Wendy's Chicken Breast. Sour Cream & Chive Baked Potato: 450
Cottage Cheese w/Peaches: 106
Merlot 12oz, Buffalo Chicken Pizza: 615
Total: 1481

Bodyrock + Ran A Mile: 235
Water: 72 oz

Today's Menu
Cranberry Pecan Granola, Grapes, Blueberry Greek Yogurt, 1/2 Turkey Lavash Wrap: 520
Carrot Cake, Hissho Sushi Veggie Roll(6): 997 :yikes:
Grapes, Hissho Sushi Crunchy Roll: 461
Total: 1978 :fr:

Exercise: K9 walk without my Polar (35 min) + walking downtown at the St. Jude Marathon
Water: 64 oz

alaskanlaughter 12-03-2011 10:32 PM

if i HAVE to eat out and i'm on the run or just CANT go home, like the days when we get snowstorms and my street isnt plowed and my car cant make it down there, i usually go to safeway/carrs and load up on salad from their salad bar....or a thing of bagged salad and a tiny thing of dressing from walmart....or one of those smaller meat/cheese stick things they sell at the counters in most stores...if i drive through mcdonalds i usually will get one of their salads and a diet soda...most of the time im never too far from home, but sometimes i just have to stop and get something, if i'm working a long day with very short breaks...even if i can get home on long days, it takes awhile to cook something, i keep practically nothing snacky or pre-made around the house except for the kids' lunch stuff...

jomatho 12-04-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runningfromfat (Post 4127312)
Thanks everyone on the congrats!!! I was so annoyed because I didn't get a chance to weight myself today before eating breakfast (my parents are visiting and sometimes I can't make it into the bathroom with the scale in time) but hopefully this is a sign of good things to come! :D

About the doc's. I had a visit with a new doc today. I'll blog more about it later but the long story short is that 1. I probably don't have scoliosis 2. being flat footed is affecting my knees (which was my initial thought!) so I need to get inserts 3. he said to get a personal trainer so I make sure I'm doing everything correctly to prevent further injury 4. he gave me some anti-inflammatories to help both with my knee/hand .

That being said the doctor was far from friendly but at least he seemed competent. He also told me that I was "really big" and needed to lose weight. I just don't get why doctors can't think about the way they say things. Geez. Yes, I need to lose weight, I'm doing it but why can't he just say " further weight loss will help" instead of calling me "really big"???? Besides, I'm just over 15lbs overweight, I hardly think that's really big. Oh, AND I'm wearing size 6 pants now (at least in Calvin Klein pants, not sure about other brands...) although I do carry a lot of weight on top, so maybe I look bigger while sitting down? AND the doctor had a HUGE belly so it really felt like the pot calling the kettle black...

Armarantha- welcome!

Jo- Ha, I'd love to take you with out of the 170's! I'm so done with seeing them already. ;)

forloveofself- I'd go insane with a hurting jaw. I chew gum like crazy and it's the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes.

Rana- good luck getting back on track after the trip. One thing I always hate too is that sometimes I'll have to deal with extra cravings for a few days after all that junk. :(

That is awesome news, I'd take inserts for flatfooted over scoliosis any day! I hope it works for you! As for the doctor, that totally would have ticked me off, especially after all the hard work you have done to lose what you have, and are so close to goal. I get what you mean about heavier up top, I am built that way too. He probably meant well is his own cold demeaning way.

jomatho 12-04-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forloveofself (Post 4127434)
running, I've experienced a couple of doctors with awful bedside maner before. Thank goodness I only had to see them a couple of times before or after surgery. Luckily, the GP I have had for 20 years is a wonderful person. We have great non med convos when he's not really busy.

Jo, I can hardly wait until I'm in the 170's, about 2 lbs from now

Scale: I've lost at least 1 lb, I daresay 1.5lbs with the needle going back and forth. I'm happy with the one for now. Hoorah!

Plan:
Had a couple of cheese slices and a cuppa tea for breakfast. Couldn't take having an egg. It stays with me far too long
Lunch: Had a cup of hearty bean soup.
Dinner: Pizza, (that is if I don't have anymore carb laden snacks) and a green salad.
Will start on the psyllium fibre tabs today.
Enjoy your aftter noon everyone. It is cold and damp here but plan to enjoy the holiday shops special events in a couple of hours.

PP, I'm so glad you are happy with your choices

Okay, I will grab your hand to pull you into the 170s while Runningfromfat grabs my hand to pull me into the 160s! Or, if you like, I could just keep hanging on and you could skip the 170s all together!!! We can dream right?

princessgina00 12-04-2011 02:40 PM

Where are all of these conversations taking place? I do not see anything of the posts being quoted above. Can someone please help me to find these "missing links"?

EDIT: Nevermind, found them on the 1st page. :dizzy:

K9Owner 12-04-2011 04:29 PM

Happi Rainy Sunday to all of you :wave:

Today is sleep because tonight is work! :yay:
I'm ecstatic to go to work 3 nights this week! (NOT)

Anyone else NOT in the "put up Christmas decor" mood?
I am sooo dreading doing even a 2' tree, much less anything else!
I think my father was Ebenezer! :lol:

forloveofself 12-04-2011 04:41 PM

Jo, That would indeed be surreal! :)

Alaskan, glad you can stick to the treadmill. I get bored. For me walking outdoors is the best solution unless there is a major snowstorm or the like.

K9O I haven't had any dental proceedures other than cleaning and x-rays for three years, so unless TMJ shows up this late, I'm inclined to believe it is fibro or weather related. Did some cards today, not inclined to do any sort of decoration. More so each year. I n the last few years only the mantle and a garland on front railing. Not sure if I'll get even to that.

Hello PP, princessG, geob

We can all get there!

Rana 12-04-2011 05:18 PM

I have a 2 foot tree! I just need to decorate it with very few ornaments.

Georgia/geoblewis - I completely understand and I am happy you're finding personal growth with your journey! I have too!

K9owner - I don't go to fast food places. I'd rather go to a grocery store and pick something up there. Wait, there is a "healthier" fast food here, where I can get grilled chicken breast and I will do that. But that's the extent of it. I don't get fries and the last time I ate at McD's, I really hated myself afterwards. The food sat so heavy in my stomach that I wanted to toss my cookies, but I couldn't.

I'd rather not eat or find a higher quality food option.

Rana 12-04-2011 05:21 PM

Today has also been a low calorie day, but yesterday was ridiculously high calorie because of the dinner I had with the boyfriend. I guess it'll even out by today's calories, but this week I am going to be strict at 1400/day and keep up with the exercise. I just want to see the water weight gone. And limit the damage of the excess calories.

jomatho 12-04-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9Owner (Post 4128324)

{raises hand unenthusiastically} I have my tree up and lit, but not decorated and it just may stay that way! I am so not into decorating again this year, such a pain to haul it all out and then have to put it all away again. I swear, once the kids are gone I will just have a miniature tree that I can put into a closet all decorated and lit. Bah humbug. I get mad at myself for feeling this way, but I can't help it. Maybe when TOM is gone I will feel better, but I don't think that is it.
We went to start our shopping yesterday and got a lot done, but now I just feel overwhelmed about that whole ordeal too, I hate shopping.

princessgina00 12-05-2011 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9Owner (Post 4128324)

Nope. I put up my 4' tree (ornaments and all) last Wednesday to correspond with the lighting of the Rockefeller Christmas tree. I would have put it up earlier, like the day after Thanksgiving, but it was like 60 degrees here in NYC and I wasn't feeling too Christmasy. :D