Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 05:46 PM   #16  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

car not care. Of course.
Old 01-26-2003, 06:53 PM   #17  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i was wondering if you were having some sippy's there Peachpot!!!!--glad lush and kiwi are not fighting any more---what happend to Brattie??? she must be friends with Dusty.DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT LIKE THE WHITE BEDROOM LUSHBONG AND WHAT COLOUR IS YOUR bEDrOOm NOW????OAT[EXPLETIVE] MEAL?????
Old 01-26-2003, 10:24 PM   #18  
Most boring housewife.

I would have been happy to keep fighting with Kiwi, but she is so mellow that it is completely impossible to disagree with her. It must be all this "guitar playing" she's doing.
Old 01-26-2003, 10:29 PM   #19  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

listen miss borefestival, i want to know the colour of your boudoir!!! fess up---also we all know that you must be eating crack laced lentils to play guitar effectively{or drinking margies}.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:25 PM   #20  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

[size=large]I want somebody to fight with too.

Sugar!!! What was that crack about not wanting my kitty downloaded on your computer 10 times a day!!! Hrumph!!

I have finished Lovely Bones and can critique for you all. Here's one item: the sister remembers when the dad called them into a room and told them "a little girl has been killed" and she THOUGHT he had meant a little child girl. Now her sister had been missing for days. How likely is it that this would have been her thought? Other inconsistencies bothered me but it was ok anyhow. Nothing graphic. No real sadness.

I took my haircuttingguy a picture of me from two years ago when he cut my hair better. He fixed it. It looks much better now. If it weren't that I need more zippers in my pants to let out so I cn breathe, I'd feel adorable.
[/size]
Old 01-27-2003, 06:40 AM   #21  
Most boring housewife.

Default ok, ok

It isn't like I haven't bored you all with my decorating schemes in the past.
My bedroom is very neutral, except it has an ugly blue rug which I always plan to do something about but never do. Right now it has a wine and gold striped comforter and the curtains are goldish(not metallic but not beige, either) with wine scarves draped over them. It isn't bad looking. My summer look is a mostly white bedspread that my mother embroidered and quilted with her very own hands. I used to do all white with that, but now I do a seersucker, it is cheerier and shows less contrast when there is clutter, which is always. It looks like summer, it is light.
You know, Peaches, I can't believe I liked Herbie when I met him, because now I think he is a cement-head, too. I hope you like Rent. I loved it. I liked The Lovely Bones, but having a daughter it was sad to me. It was good but I don't understand why it is such a best seller.
I didn't make it through the whole superbowl. June says I should get at least 8 hours sleep, so I did. I really enjoy getting advice from her. Why aren't any of you perfect?
I get to go back to Curves today. I'm so excited. Isn't Wabby rude not to post on the weekend? She should go to work just to be able to talk to us.
Gotta go....bye
Old 01-27-2003, 03:30 PM   #22  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I don't have to be on crack

to play guitar. I have innate ability. Well, at least I know how to read music. DH doesn't know how to read music at all, but knows most of the chords on the guitar. So I am teaching him how to play melody lines and stuff. Meanwhile DD knows everything about the guitar, but is keeping it to herself. I think DH has this fantasy about being the Trapp Family Guitar Ensemble or something. We could wear leiderhosen and dirndls.

My bedroom is flannel in winter and quilt in summer. Oh, those aren't colors? Okay I guess it's colored cathair and dust. I don't know what's under that.

Kiwi
Old 01-27-2003, 08:12 PM   #23  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

it has been snowing alllllllllll day----kiwi---how about you??? in newfoundland they had three storms in one week-- and they got 45 cm in one of the storms------we have stayed in all day and the steps and driveway are covered with snow---i am a bore, and that is that.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:02 AM   #24  

I would have been here sooner, but 3fc's has been giving me a bad time. Cement headedness is gender specific, Peaches. I told you that in my first post, but it was lost in cyberspace.

I went to the wedding reception. The bride looked radiant. I'm too tired now to tell you the long version of this. Don't you hate it when you compose a long and amusing post and it gets lost????

We have not had even one snowflake here this winter, Bagzie. Is it pretty?

Sugar, tell your friend congrats on her baby. Tell her your friend who is a figment of your imagination said so. Do ppl look concerned when you talk about your computer friends?

Last edited by Wabby; 01-28-2003 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:01 AM   #25  
Member w/ messiest house

Yes, Wabby, that is very vexing when good posts go to the 4 winds. I imagine a cyber-dead-letter office where all the most interesting, witty things we had to say are just sitting around waiting for a miracle. Glad to see you back. We had a good bit of snow today. Nothing to write home about, a few inches. It does improve the look of everything, though. I wish it would warm up. It went up to around 15 deg F early today, then by dark it was back to -8! It's just too much. I haven't done anything outdoors all winter except clean snow off my car.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:10 AM   #26  
Most boring housewife.

It's never vexing when my messages get lost, because I never have anything to say. I'm a bore.
I could clean today, but instead I'll go to the hairdresser and do something about my roots. I think I'll also knock a few more things off my "to do" list. I don't plan to clean. I just don't want to.

I don't think I'll nap, but that could change.

I have a conference with DS10's teacher. It is going to be awful. I think I'll take my other two kids in as evidence that I don't raise 100% brats. His grades are good but he is so fresh to this teacher. He's one of those Alpha boys.....dominant in every way. He's tall and a good athlete and he just lords over that group of boys. Because I also have the other type of boy, I know how horrible these Type A boys are to the more passive kids in the class. I always thought there was something the parents weren't doing that made those boys so difficult, but he was just born this way. I have a hint, though. He's the cleanie in my family. Do you think that has something to do with it?
It's a shame that no one outside of our family sees how nice and sweet he can be because he is always "on." He never lets his guard down when he is out of the house.

Wish me luck. His teacher is another battle ax...though all his teacher have been battle axes and I wonder if he just brings this out in people.

I'm off to get ready for the hairdresser. Have a good one, everyone. bye.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:22 AM   #27  
fatter than U

OK, I'll just pretend that my witty post got sucke into the circular cyberspace file and that this is a cheap facsimile.

Really crabby, need to go look at my ten downloads of Peachy's kitty to feel better. I think I'll use him as a screen saver. Still have to think of a tasteful knick knack for the future Peach residence.

I don't have an alpha kid, Lush, I have a class clown who likes to repeat what people say *while* they're talking or burp in class. Half-term report cards are on Friday. Then the kids get 4 days off to recover.

Today I: put away laundry, cleaned bathrooms, loaded dishwasher twice, (need to hand wash the rest - where does it all come from?) baked bread with my *new automatic bread machine* (what a strange looking loaf - details later, made pizza dough, made kids toss a bunch of old toys and games, hung on the computer much too long, got crabby.
Old 01-28-2003, 09:54 AM   #28  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

all my kiddies are home toooo!!!ds is "sick"[recovering from cold} dd16 is on "turnover" days after exams,and dd18 has no classes at university on Tuesdays!! it is FREEZING out {-30 windchill and it's very windy} i have been in the house for days and i could care less!!!! i was just looking at my garden pictures and ordered an 8x10 of one from the local print shop [to cheer me up---my SUN flowers in full bloom -siiiiiiiiiiigh}i think i will log onto flynag and get some inspiration for cleaning!!!!!! i need my hair dyed too lushbong-------wabby----NO SNOW!!!! i may have to come visit you next month---I KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO THE SEATTLE GARDEN SHOW AND I AM GOING TO MEET YOU AND YOUR SISTER THERE!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2003, 12:02 PM   #29  

I'm not going to the garden show this year, Bagzie! My sis can't get away, my friend who usually goes is still undergoing chemo, and my other friend who usually goes is the little mother who we just had the baby shower for. She's too close to her due date to travel. Sooooo, if you would like to come and join me for the garden show, I'd be ecstatic. At least you'd get a little touch of spring fever from it. When you walk in the door at the convention center, its smells like hyacinths-springtime!!!!

I have a bread machine too, Sugar. I like to use the dough cycle and then make cinnamon rolls out of it. Of course I'd never think of eating them.

Lush, my sympathies, dear. My DS is a sweet, lovable boy, but he was like Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde at school. Sometimes I wish I could go back and do those school years over again, but I have a feeling it would be the same experience. I'd like to see how things would have turned out if I'd put him on Ridalin like the Dr. advised we do. DH was so totally against putting any drugs in the kid that we didn't put him on it, even though he was diagnosed ADD. Woulda shoulda coulda. I wish some of his teachers could see him now. He isn't a brain surgeon or rocket scientist, but he is a serious, conscientous worker, who actually is a contributing member of society. He pays his bills on time, he doesn't drink or smoke, and he actually has goals. Amazing. Did I tell you he's moving out on Feb. 1? I think I'm getting into the melancholy mode.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:17 PM   #30  
Member w/ messiest house

There's a rainbow on my monitor case. The sun is shining through the clear plastic blank CD tower and reflecting on the CDs and casting a very funky rainbow on the monitor. Makes it seem like it could be warmer than the 8°F I know it is outside. I'm having the last bowl of homemade beef barley soup (ymmmmm!) for a late lunch. I haven't done anything but one load of laundry today. I am so useless it's pitiful.

My condolences on the school conference, Lush. Why not put your own spin on this? He's a very active, exuberant boy and he needs more challenges in school. Then it's their fault. They used to call my DH "active" when he was a kid. He was the bane of many a teacher's existence too.

I have a bread machine too, Sugar. Actually we gave it to DH's mother years ago, and she finally decided she wasn't going to use it. We don't either. I never really get that good a loaf of bread out of it. The shape is definitely too weird to make sandwiches. When I make sandwiches, they have to fit in square plastic boxes for DD's lunch.

I haven't exercised since Friday. That really sucks. I've GOT to get back into it today OR ELSE! Somebody yell at me.

Kiwi
Closed Thread