Old 07-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #31  
Thin Within

Talking Back For A Bit

GOOD LATE AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

JEAN The book is so much like WW but concentrates more on fat. The premise of Combat Fat is that the amount of body fat you carry is the most important part of your fitness to monitor. They offer a free skin-fold caliper to monitor progress. It is a comprehensive approach, based on the government’s recommendations, to help to develop a healthy living plan that one can and will want to maintain forever. Not a quick fix but sensible eating program and exercise. Very much like WW. The food lists are like WW’s and not whacko foods. They advocate the same cooking methods also. It is an interesting read and the book is laid out nicely. The chapters are: The Mission, Nutrition, In the Kitchen, Meal Plans & Recipes, Menus, Workout, and Psychology. That may be more than you bargand for as an answer but I was on a roll. It is a good companion book to my WW program. Pearch are a good nice mild fish. I don't like the strong tasting fish. Our dogs have been napping quite a bit today also. I woke up about 4 times last night and maybe they did also. Neighbors dog was barking also. I am so glad that ours don't bark like that inside.

Type at y'all later.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #32  

Good evening, ladies. It's cooled down to 98 degrees. LOL

I had English Paper Piecing Bee today and lunch at Subway. They have pulled pork barbecue now and it is tasty!

You will not believe this because I can hardly believe it - I won second place of $1,000 in the AARP Fat to Fit contest. It will be announced Monday. Carole Carson called me and said the publicity department might be getting in touch with me for a picture and to get a story in the Daily Press. I can hardly believe it. I could do quite well without the newspaper story, but if they want it, they'll get it.

Faye, I'm doing the happy dance for your! You show us how it is done! Jack has to be so happy...I'm with him, never again. The whole secret to maintenance is earning 28 points of exercise each week and continuing to eat the same way, only larger portions, as you did to lose. I had to laugh when you said Kelly's pool is a comfortable 95 degrees. At the Y, its 84 degrees, unless there was a swim meet on Saturday. If so on Monday it could be just 80 because they turn the heater off for meets and then it takes awhile for it to get warm again.

Jean, that truck sounds like a beauty! I used to love the Blue Gills my dad caught in Ohio. Has Ernie caught up on his sleep?

Maggie, sorry but I'm a plain cook and never bake anything. Your recipes always sound so good and I'd eat them if you made them for me.

Gail, there are literally thousands of discount listed on the AARP website and a lot of good information. Are you getting back to normal now that your FIL has gone home?

Have a great evening!

Gail,
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #33  

Maggie -- I think most every eating plan recommends eating more healthy foods, portion control, and exercise. I just wish it was as simple to put into action consistently as it is to read it or have someone tell me.

Susan -- I'm glad to see you today! on being a winner in the AARP contest! You are such an inspiration for the rest of us. I saw the new Subway sandwich advertised on TV; it looked tasty. Ernie does like his naps -- he even went to bed early tonight. I took a nap earlier this evening while trying to watch tv, but I'm heading off to bed shortly too. I am also plain cook. The simpler the better, and the less dishes or cleanup involved, the better.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:06 AM   #34  

PLEASE GO TO #35
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote