Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 02:22 AM   #1  

Question Roll Call?

Help me out here, I'm a newbie.

Who belongs to the group? Would you please state your name and a short bio so I can get to know who is who around here? Thanks!!!
Old 01-28-2003, 09:22 AM   #2  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Sassy/Sharon here!

Thanks so much for starting this thead Desiree. I am Sharon, also known as Sassy. I have been with this group since the beginning almost. Quite a few years, but CJ would tell you more how long as she who invited me here.

I am 53, married to a great guy, Ken with 4 great children. Kelly, 26, a teacher living in Indianapolis, Tracy, 24, in the Air Force living in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, Dan 21, a student in college and Alan, 19 also in the Air Force and currently stationed in Calfornia. We live in Columbus, Indiana but we are originally from the Michigan, the Detroit area. I didn't know CJ when we lived in Michigan, but met her through the fat chicks site when I wanted a weight loss buddy. But we are good friends now and have met many times and visited each other.

I have been on the WW program quite a while, probably 3 years or so and am going to get it right this year by golly.

That is it in a nutshell, so now that I have done this bio I don't think I ever redid my other bio that CJ started. Hey CJ do we still have the bio thread? If not we need one now that I am on a roll.

I am so glad you have joined us Desiree and I know that you will really contribute to this wonderful group and be a wonderful friend to us all.

Sharon
Old 01-28-2003, 01:01 PM   #3  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default CJ/Carol

Well, here goes ...

I am Carol, known as CJ on this thread. I am 61 years young, happily married to Dick, live in Michigan, have nine (yes, nine) wonderful children and nine super grandchildren! They are spread out all over tho - Kansas, Colorado, California, Italy, Arizona, and some still here in Michigan. I have been retired for 3 years now and enjoying every minute.

Sharon already told you how her and I met and are now great friends! I, along with another gal (Jassy) started this thread way back in 1998. She left soon after so I guess that made me the "head honcho" (lol) .. sometimes the girls refer to me as "The Queen" in a joking sort of way ... I definately am not a Queen!

I am currently following the WW program, but doing it at home, and so far so good since the 1st of this year. Like Sharon, I'm going to get it right this year!

Desiree - have you checked out out Thin Group website yet? It probably needs a little bit of updating, but it has lot of info about us on there that you may enjoy.

Well, I have brought up the bios page again so please fill one out when you get a chance.

OK .. that's all. Come on everyone else - answer roll call!

Love, CJ
Old 01-28-2003, 07:04 PM   #4  

Cool! I can't wait to see what the website looks like. I'll take a look later tonight after I get back from the store.

Carol - where does your child live that's in Colorado? I'm in the Denver-metro area. BTW, I am the oldest of six children. I am also going to start doing WW At Home. When my DH gets paid at the end of the week, I will be ordering the "kit".

Sharon - I think that it's great you have found a good friend online! I have several on the mommies board that I co-moderate that I would consider friends.

Can't wait to get in on the action here.
Closed Thread