Old 04-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #31  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

What!! A foot of snow! Truly this is the never-ending-winter. Blech. We didn't get that much here in SK. Just a whole lotta wind and tiny bit of snow. Enough to have something to complain about.
I need to exercise jeez louise- I had my sports bra on yesterday and everything. Got sidetracked by going for coffee twice, shopping for a shirt and getting groceries! Talk about avoidance. Never done that before!! Yikes. I am making it a point to go this weekend! Okay enough talk. I'm off to get academic for the afternoon! Cheers to Friday!!
T

Last edited by greeneggsandtam; 04-15-2011 at 01:58 PM.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #32  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

We got another 15cm snow over the weekend. Does it every end? Grrrrrrrrrr. This morning it was only -11C (-17C with the wind). Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyways, at least the weekend turned out really great diet-wise. Sunday is my weigh in day and I drop a fantastic 4.8 lbs. After a depressing stall last week I am super excited now. I still can't believe it!

BF (he lost 3.6 lbs this week) and I immediately started trying on "old" clothes that didn't fit anymore and holy!!! I am wearing pants today that where to tight to wear pre Christmas. I think this is the first and last day I am going to wear them. I didn't bring a belt and now I have to make sure they don't fall to my knees when I get up :-) Surely a nice problem to have :-)))

BF was totally shocked that a shirt he was hiding in his closet for years is not only fitting again but by the time it is warm enough to wear short sleeves, it will be too big!

I hope you are all doing well chickies! Have a great week!

PS: There is a new Canada Day challenge out. I signed up for it :-) http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge.html

Last edited by josey; 04-19-2011 at 11:21 AM.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #33  
tamIam

Josey! Congrats on a 4.8lb loss!!!
I would like you to know that I thought you deserved some smileys and so I had to pull them out. I rarely use them... but 4.8 lbs? Awesome!
Perhaps it was all the raging at the stupid extra winter you've gotten?
We didn't have snow yesterday but ice pellets. I don't care what you say - it's not snow so it doesn't count and it is still spring. So there!
I am off to the gym shortly and just wanted to check in !!
Everybody have a great day!!
Tam
Old 04-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #34  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Hi Tam!

Thanks so much! I love the smileys! I am really excited!

Well, the sun is out now and we are hoping for the best. Some places in AB had -20C this morning. Isn't that insane? It better be a long, hot summer this year!
Old 04-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #35  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey Everyone No more of that nasty white stuff Where in AB had -20 this morning??? I didn't hear, ick!

Hubby let slip this morning that he has to pay to reserve something for our 10th anniversary in June... I wonder what!

We're (hopefully) adopting another dog... he's a 1 year old border collie cross... I can't wait. I go through the whole "can we? should we?" thing at least once a day. My friend assures me it's normal pre-mommy puppy jitters. We think our current mutt is lonely since our old dog passed on. I guess we'll see... home check next week, then we get to meet him after that.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:12 PM   #36  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunty Jam View Post
Hey Everyone No more of that nasty white stuff Where in AB had -20 this morning??? I didn't hear, ick!
Waterton of all places!

I hope we all get to see the new dog. How exciting!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #37  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Hey Chickies, I just found out that H&M Canada has a one week sale starting today with pants $10 and up. I just thought somebody else might have pants dropping to the floor :-) No point in spending too much money on pants we hopefully don't wear too long :-)
(PS: I hope this is something I am allowed to post here)

Last edited by josey; 04-20-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #38  
tamIam

Josey - No H&M in S'toon!!
AuntyJam - Waterton? So jealous, I love it there. It's so beautiful. What is the border collie crossed with I wonder.
We have two blue heeler/border collies. Lola and Frida. They are from the same litter, but one looks more collie and the other is totally heeler. I am convinced they are both smarter than I am.
Anyways...we had a birthday BBQ for my husband on the weekend and I went a little crazy on the wine and cake. But I was at the gym yesterday running intervals. Woot!! So there you go. Off plan/on plan is never going to work for me is it? I am still determined to get into the good jeans on Victoria day. Yes I am.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #39  
Gotta run!

Josey - Waterton? That's crazy, that's south! I'm sure there's an H&M here but I have no idea where... I don't shop much. Maybe I'll ask the Step-D, she's a little shopping diva. But thanks for the tip!

Tam - We're thinking it's probably a lab cross, he has short hair and loves to retrieve apparentally. Then again, that's what we were told our current dog is but DNA results proved otherwise (no matter how loudly disagreed with by my husband). We used dnamydog.com, got the kit from a local rescue and sent it off. It was only around $65 for the test and $15 for the kit. I'll post a picture of them both when we get him

Well... my first race is tonight... 4.5k around a local park. Wish me luck!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #40  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Sigh. We had a weird food day with a late lunch at my BF's parents. They insisted on 2pm and we usually eat around 11am. Needless to say that didn't go well. And then the lunch at their place wasn't healthy at all. Well, they tried but not very successful. On the way home we decided to write this day off and it didn't end well. Too many easter chocolate around. So, well we are totally off the plan today. We will see what the results are. Good thing this morning was weigh in which means we have a full 6 days to work it off :-)

I hope you all had a great weekend!

PS: We both feel terrible with all that crap in our body. A nice reminder how good the new lifestyle is for us I guess.

Last edited by josey; 04-24-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #41  
tamIam

Josey -I think my husband and I were in the same boat. He woke up in the middle of the night with reflux as a result of just too much to eat, and I overate as well. I think the Y is open today so off I go to that!
AuntyJam - How did the 4.5 go? You go lady!!
I had no easter chocolate so I guess that could be a NSV?
New things abound in my life. My lease is up and I think I'm onto a different vehicle this week. I hate cars. That's the only thing I've not enjoyed about moving to the country. All the driving. I used to bike everywhere. And my seedlings are all coming in nicely in my windowsill. New life is good.
Anyways, I'm off for the day, have a lovely easter monday!
Tam

Last edited by greeneggsandtam; 04-25-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #42  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Hi guys,

@tam - great NSV! Obiviously that didn't go so well for me. However, I didn't even try. ;-)

does anybody drink Teaopia teas? I just stopped by a store for the first time (I think) and they do have some wellness blends. Apparantly tea is good for weightloss and they have a slim and slender mix and a slimming one. However, I tried the cleansing one and it tastes ok. Not sure how I find out whether it benefits the diet though...

Any experiences with teas and dieting?
Old 04-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #43  
Gotta run!

Josey - I've had to much easter chocolate and candy! Eek! My weight is staying at 148 despite working out. I guess I just have to bite the bullet, I know what needs to be done. I haven't tried tea for dieting... I drink tea because I like tea. Are these regular steeped hot teas?

Tam - The race was alright... I came in dead last which is no surprise, these people are fairly serious runners. I did finish my first km in just over 6 minutes which is an amazing time for me but of course I couldn't keep the pace up. Ended up finishing with an over all pace of 8:10 per km which is pretty average for me. There were some KILLER hills so to be honest, I'm surprised I did that well. What kind of seedlings do you have? I can't wait to get a garden in.

It's been quiet here lately!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #44  
tamIam

@josey - I am giggling at my slim tea experience. I was in university and one of my classmates told me she drank it and I should use it. I am so suggestable...at least I was fifteen years ago. I started drinking it and boy howdy did I stink. My roommate couldn't take it and ordered me to stop drinking that stuff. My bum couldn't have been happier for that decision. No slim tea for me after that. I'm sure they don't even make that stuff anymore. I hope your tea is MUCH better. Let us know what you think of it
AuntyJam - Right on!! Sounds like you had a good race! I have 144 little seedlings of cucumbers, beans, broccoli, ground cherries and marigolds. Not each, obviously but all together. Is AB the same for planting as us? We generally start on Victoria day weekend. I suppose if you were in the south you could start earlier. My husband and I are finishing building a solar house this month and I have about five acres of a sand dune to landscape. Nightmare. I don't think the marigolds are going to cover it. Lol.

Last edited by greeneggsandtam; 04-27-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #45  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Hi Aunty Jam! Congrats on finishing the race! Great job!!
Yes, they have all kinds of fancy loose tea blends etc. and they steep it for you or sell packages with the tea to take home.

Tam - No way!!! I actually had the same problem just an hour after posting about it or so. I might try another one but if that's what happens I am out :-)

You are gardeners too? GREAT!!! I love gardening! I started some seeds indoors (tomatoes, cucumbers, ground cherries, basil, parsley, eggplants and lavendar). I am a little optimistic this year and seeded some spinach and endive outside already. We usually start Victoria Day too (only to replace stuff beginning of June after a blizzard!) but I figured I'll try some hardy ones now.
We have a little greenhouse and I can't wait to fill it! I also did square foot gardening for the first time last year and I love it! Oh, do you want to start a gardening thread somewhere before I hijack this one? ;-)

Last edited by josey; 04-27-2011 at 01:59 PM.