View Poll Results: In General,How Many Hours Of Sleep Do You Need For A "Good Night's Sleep"?
12 Or More Hours 0 0%
10-12 Hours 1 11.11%
7-9 Hours 5 55.56%
4-6 Hours 3 33.33%
1-3 Hours 0 0%
It Really Varies From Night To Night 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 04:13 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#69)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 11-30-2002, 04:21 PM   #2  

Don't forget to go back to #68 and read the last few posts there!!!!
Old 11-30-2002, 07:37 PM   #3  

Just wanted to pop in and say I hope that everyone is having a good week end. We are all warm and cozy here by the fire with christmas carols playing. My house is decked out in burgendy cream and gold. We have christmas in every room. We will put up our tree when Larry gets back from florida. Shelley to bad I didn't get to come this trip, because I would definitely have to come down and cheer up up. It is a quiet night here, both the kids are out. Oh joy to peace and quiet. Did some shopping today, only a couple little gifts to buy but lots of wrapping. Well you know what will keep me busy in the next week or so. I am wrapping the gifts in brown paper with burgundy ribbon evergreen leaves and a personalized cookie ginger bread tag. hope to hear from you all soon.

DEE
Old 11-30-2002, 07:40 PM   #4  

Oh boy the way
sherry I love your deer with the snowball. Our snowballs are that big here. Actually we are trying for the world record in our town. From now til febuary we have to build 10,000 snowmen. There are many different prises of cash given out for the people that participate. Just a little tidbit for you.

DEE
Old 11-30-2002, 10:06 PM   #5  

Howdy Ya'll

I'm all done cleaning & decorating!!! I'm absolutely worn out too! This house looks so pretty and fiesty! We live so close to the airport and since we have so many outside lights Wayne said he hopes that an airplane doesn't think this is their landing place!!

All I have to do now is shop & wrap! The tree looks kinda of lonely! LOL!! This time next year I WILL be done with shopping , unless I decide to become a Jahova Witness!! Hey...this is work!! LOL!!

Ramona......... Your birthday party sounded so nice.Oh, what a surprise huh? I'm glad you had a good time.Since mine is 3 days after Christmas, I never got to have a party. Sad huh?

Dee.........Your house sounds so pretty.Try to take some pictures.Thank you for the compliment on my "Welcome Snowball." I'm glad you liked it. Hey...send some snow this way!!

Debbie.......I enjoyed spending Thanksgiving with you & your family.Thanks again for a great time.I can't believe I ate so much!!! LOL!! Hey....get your butt back here & post!! I miss you here!

Gayle.......It would be so nice to have some of your homemade brew about right now! I'm so tired....it would do me good!! What does little Allison want Santa to bring her this year? Do you have your tree up?

Vicki........ bet it was so nice to be waited on this year! Good for you for not having to cook!! Im glad you had a nice Thnaksgiving.Are you done shopping?

Jennelle.........Wanda...........Angel-Feathers..........Carol..........Shelley.........I sure do miss your posts! I'm going to keep on asking about ya'll until ya'll "pop-up!" Do I need to send out a search party for ya'll??? How are you? Please post soon!!!!

Love & Hugs,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

Last edited by Sherry; 11-30-2002 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-01-2002, 05:12 AM   #6  

I need to vent!! My MIL had her big garage sale this weekend, where my girls helped out, including my one daughter's boyfriend. Well, I came by yesterday to pick them up and she made a derogatory comment about my DH in front of both of the girls and the boyfriend. You should have seen the hurt look on their faces. There are some things that just shouldn't be said in front of "the kids." As you know, my DH has some drug issues, which my daughters don't know much about. My MIL made this comment, and of course the kids didn't know what to think. Right now, I don't want to see her, or talk to her. I am depending on her for quite a bit for the Bat Mitzvah, though, so I really need to settle this in my mind. I could just feel my stomach turning when I saw the look on the girls' faces. Do you think I should say something to her about talking in front of them, or just let it go?? My DH got upset when I told him what she said also. Also, his whole family is in town, and I feel that they are all talking behind our backs, or MIL wouldn't have said anything amidst all the commotion of the yard sale.

Thanks for listening!!!

BTW--The best Chanukah I could have had was the fact that I got in 19.5 miles of jogging this past week!!! I think I'm getting better! I go to the GI tomorrow. I'm not sure whether I should let him know that I have been tapering the Prednisone, though. I probably will tell him. I know I should.

Have a great last day off everyone!!
Old 12-01-2002, 12:39 PM   #7  
Losing it!

Shelley: I would probably take MIL to the side and ask her why she made the comments. Either she assumed the kids knew or she just really was not thinking. It is upsetting to have things brought up in front of the kids when you have worked so hard to protect them. I have an x MIL that would of said the things to be hurtful. It is probably better to just get it all out in the open with her. I hope the kids were able to understand more after you had a talk with them. I feel for you sister!!!
Old 12-01-2002, 02:17 PM   #8  
Losing it!

Hello girls!!!! I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!!!! Done Christmas shopping yet?? I actually only have one more gift to buy!!!! Already a few under the tree!!!! YIPPEEE!!!!

Sher: Yes, the tree is up and all decorating done! I agree with you... it's to much work. I ended up putting out very few decorations indoors, mainly just my collection of nativities. BTW: Tell Wayne that I can see your house from here!!!

Dee: Your house sounds beautiful!!! You must be so creative! Your theme for the presents sound so pretty! My present wrappings end up being a mixture of this or that.

I want to share with you a cute story. For months when we ask Allison what she wants from Santa we hear the same thing over and over: a guinea pig.... then she will proceed to tell you all about them, hoe adorable they are and that they are a "household" pet. we had a chance to get a baby, but this also meant hiding the creature out until Christmas. Also, if we waited until Christmas, then it would ruin the fun when we would have to hurry off to the family dinners. So tonight, my BIL is dressing as Santa and coming to the house. After the usual chatter and asking what she wants, then I will take her in her room to make a "wish". When we come out, guess who (what) will be there!!!! Santa will then explain to her that he wanted her to receive her new pet early, because Christmas eve night it will be to cold for the little guy to ride in the sleigh plus he didn't want him to fall out. I'm glad Santa can make it tonight!!! Try hiding a living creature from an animal crazy three year old!!!! Plus, the little guy is getting tired of the view in my closet!!! I will try to get a few pics, if they turn out, I will post them.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:21 PM   #9  

Shelley I dito what Gayle said. I think that you need to talk to your MIL. If you don't it will just brew in you. This is not something you needed to deal with right now with your depression. Talk about it and get it out in the open, it will make your celebrations easier to deal with after it is out.

Gayle let us know how it went with Allison. That sounds so exciting. Gee I miss my little ones, it can be so much fun. So did you get to try your wine yet? From what I remember you have either beer or wine ready for bottling this week end.

Sherry holy poop I think I can see your light from here! Wow incredable. I hope that you rested up a bit today. Don't want you too tired to celebrate christmas.

I thought that I would tell you a little bit about our evening tonight. Dez has this friend that has been close to her for about 4 years. We have done many family things with her and always tease her that she is our adopted daughter. Even when we go on trips we bring her gifts home. Well anyways her 16th birthday is on Dec 13. Larry wasn't going to be home so we decided to through a surprise party for her tonight. We got helium balloons, gifts, and lit many candles and a fire and played soft music. For dinner we had a taco appetizer then we stopped and played a game name that sound......(you listen to a sound and have 5 seconds to guess what it is eg rain. blowing up a balloon etc) Our next course was a cheese fondue served with broccoli, cauliflour, bread sticks and cubes of french bread. Both Nichole and Jay's girlfriend have never had one so this was quite the experience!The again we played another set of the game. Our next course was an oil fondue with calamari, steak, pork and chicken marinated in sauces. After this we played yet another set of name that sound. Then we had chocolate oreo birthday cake. Our dinner lasted about 2 hours. It was a great evening. Then we sat by the fire and put in a fire buddy and watched the fire shoot out blue, green and purple flames. Do any of you burn fires? These are so easy to make. We had a marvelous evening. Nichole was total surprised and loved the evening. We all had a great time. Just wanted to share this with you all.
Have a good evening.

DEE

Last edited by Deelite; 12-01-2002 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:57 PM   #10  

Went to the GI today. He is having me taper off the Prednisone. I am going quite well, and he wants me to have a colonoscopy in a month or 2. The problem is, last time it cost me $700.00 out of pocket. I know I have to do it, but we are totally strapped!!! Anyway, I'm making the appointment for Feb. I should be tapered off the prednisone completely by then. I am going to try and jog today after work. I am feeling really good and I thank everyone for listening to my woes for the last couple of months!! You guys are the best.

My DH talked to evil MIL. I'm not sure what happened---I still don't want to talk to her at the moment. She knows that she upset me and the girls.

Gayle-Hope the guinea pig gets to come out and play!

Dee-Sounds like you had a great time at the surprise party.

Sherry, Debbie, Debyj,Vicki,Angel,Jennelle,Ramona,Wanda--Love to you all!!
Old 12-02-2002, 03:36 PM   #11  

Shelley I am so glad that you are doing better! Hopefully by febuary you will be all better.
It is so cold out here today. It is going to be -16 tonight. With the windchill we are -16 now. BBrr I don't like to be cold.

Warm wishes to all.

DEE
Old 12-02-2002, 04:08 PM   #12  

Shelley, I'm so glad you are able to taper off of the prednisone. I know what an aggravating drug it can be. It can work wonders but the side effects can be awful. You sound so much more like the old Shelley. I hope you can smoothe things over with the MIL, but I understand how upset it must have made you.

Dee, your suprise party sounds wonderful. What a thoughtful thing for you to do for that young lady.

Galye, The guinea pig will be such a great suprise! Oh how I miss having little ones around at Christmas time. That's what it's all about!

Sherry, you're making me tired again girl. You better take it easy before you run yourself into the ground!

My son will be home this Thursday. I can hardly wait to get my hands on him. I got a digital camera for my birthday so I'll try and take some pictures this weekend with us around the tree and share it with you all.

To all the other floozies, I hope things are going well and you are all able to post soon.

Love,
Ramona
Old 12-02-2002, 08:23 PM   #13  

Hey Ya'll

You're gonna think I'm crazy but, It was kinda nice going back to work so I could REST!! LOL!! The day went pretty fast too.I spent most of the day decorating the office.I'm gettin' about sick of decorating!!

Gayle****I think your "Santa" story is the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time! I sure miss the boys being little!! Oh, what fun it was! If I could turn back the clock. I bet Allison was precious when she saw her new friend....and....SANTA!!! How cute! Thanks for sharing the priceless pictures!

Shelley**** I agree with Ramona.You sound so much like yourself now!! I'm glad you're feeling better.Did you tell the Dr. about your little secret of "tapering yourself off" BEFORE he said to???!!! I worry about you taking good care of yourself. About your MIL: I love my MIL so much but she says things a lot that hurts my feelings.I try to overlook her.But in your case it's different.It was said in front of your kids.Please try & talk to her alone and tell her how much it hurt you and for it to NEVER happen again! Hey...what can it hurt? You'll feel better anyways! And...you have kids that she would hate to not see anymore...right?

Ramona****I know you're so excited about seeing your Son on Thursday!!!! I bet you won't be able to sleep Wednesday night.I hope that ya'll have the BEST Christmas ever!!! When does he leave? Have a great time taking lots of pictures with that new camera!!!

Dee***** What a wonderful & sweet thing to do for Dez's friend.I know she was so happy & surprised.You did something special for her that she'll remember for a life time! The food courses sounded absoutely fantastic!!! You're always full of surprises and venture...aren't you? Hey...it's about 36 degrees here & we're freezing!!!! I don't know how you can stand it being so cold there!! Bless your heart!

VICKI*****DEBBIE*****WANDA*****JENNELLE*****DEBYJ* ***CAROL*****ANGEL-FEATHERS***** WHERE ARE YA'LL??? I'm going to keep "bugging" you until you come back!!! I KNOW you can't be more busy than we are!!! PLEASE post soon! We love & care about you! Also....we need you!!! I need a "BUTT-KICK" for being so bad lately!!! Your post doesn't have to be long! Just a "quickie" to say hi OR to say why you aren't here with us anymore!! I MISS YOU!!!

Hugs,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

Last edited by Sherry; 12-02-2002 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:26 PM   #14  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies! Sorry I've been MIA...I really haven't been doing well diet-wise. Right now, I've got this attitude that I HAVE to do this FOR LIFE! It's a good thing and a bad thing....

I also think I've been relying too much on the help and rah-rah's of others to get me to lose weight. I have to do this for ME, and because I want to get something out of it, not to get the rah-rah's. I do love all of you, though, so I don't want to just leave the board. What I've decided to do is this: I am posting things like what I ate, what time, and why in my 3FC journal. That's where I'll hash out the basics of weight loss. On the boards, I'll come and chat and share and lurk, but it's going to be less about the nitty-gritty of weight loss. Does that make any sense to anyone but me?

Hope you all had a wonderful Turkey Day!
Old 12-03-2002, 08:51 PM   #15  

Jennelle........

I'm glad you posted and I DO understand the part about having to want to lose weight for yourself.That's so true.. but I do know that posting here and being friends with everyone has helped me to lose also. I hope you the very best and please try to come here when you can and post.We would like to see how you're doing. Don't be gone too long 'cause we would miss ya!! Take care sweetie!!

Love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Closed Thread