3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldlies Dance into non-diet friendly December (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/218597-worldlies-dance-into-non-diet-friendly-december.html)

annie175 12-30-2010 08:33 AM

Holy Smokes Shad....saw Australia on the Natl News....OMG the flooding is horrid. So glad you are ok.

We just had an earthquake of 4.2 magnitude. Epicenter is only 50 miles north of my house. I thought I felt and heard something but just thought it was my head playing games with me. lol

happy2bme 12-30-2010 10:31 AM

Good morning chicks,

OMG - floods and snow and EARTHQUAKES :yikes: :eek: This is no way to end the year ladies. We are due for 2 days of really mild temperatures before we dump back down in the 40's again. This will really mess with the neurotic cat's head as she will think it's spring again and then wonder what happened on Sunday when it's cold again. :dizzy:

Annie - nothing beats that 12 minute up and back in the box Christmas deco :lol: I'm sorry someone made a thoughtless remark to you. People are just plain rude - I don't understand it. Even on this site. Sometimes I forget myself and comment on a thread I see on the main forum page. And then I always get surprised (I don't know why) over some of the really snipey remarks that people make. When I first started on this site, I commented alot and over the years learned to just stick with my own kind. :dunno: I love your comment about "just because you think it doesn't mean you have to say it". Hope you have a nice new year, bummer that you have to work most of it. Will you make me a pineapple cake too - your Dad put the thought in my head :lol: Actually I have an iron skillet apple pie to make this weekend. As for men, well ... I think they have goofy ideas based on what they see on TV and the movies and think they are all entitled to a momma and a hot 20 year old. I love how society makes us feel worthless as women in the eyes of men once we hit 30.

Michelle - I'm glad that your procedure went well. I know that you will follow doctor's orders to the letter this time. Just enjoy a nice, restful weekend and let hubby wait on you then you can return the favor next month :D

Laura - I have a steam mop too. We have wood parquet floors in 2 of the rooms (small squares of wood instead of planks). Some of them are coming loose but I have used the steam mop on them but not very often. Definitely don't want to let the wet mop set too long on any one place. I prefer the steam mop on the tile parts of the floors - especially in the bathrooms.

Ceejay - we are staying in on NYE just like we do every year. I'm just disappointed that there is nothing on TV to ring in the new year locally. There is one thing on PBS from Beale Street but I watched it last year and rather than a celebration, it's more like an hour long infomercial for downtown Memphis. At least in Chicago they would shoot off fireworks by the lakefront so you felt like SOMETHING was happenning at midnight. Here we just look at the mantle clock. Very anticlimatic :lol: I don't blame you for staying in, you have been travelling alot lately.

Mel - yes as we see more about the storm I see that it was a problem trying to stay on top of it. Didn't realize you had such horrid winds. I hope you got your rest day in. Got your tiara for tomorrow night? Better soft jammies and some good DVDs. You've had a pretty busy week. I'm glad to hear you are not drinking coffee - it does tend to catch up with you and slap you. I know it's hard to give up though.

Shad - hope you are getting some sun and drying out. Did you get to that back room yet?

I am all into spending this weekend organizing and prepping and getting ready for the new year. Will have to go on a tight budget so I need to plan that out, I want to give the new WW one more try otherwise I will cancel my monthly online subscription and I want to start tackling some hot spots. I will leave the Christmas decorations up for one more week. I'm used to The Feast of 3 Kings - Jan 6 as the end of Christmas. Lots of people I know have already taken down their decorations. It always looks so bare when things go back to normal :(

Well I have a short work day today :yay: so I'd better buckle down and finish some things off. Later chicks :wave:

MELODY525 12-30-2010 10:54 AM

GOOD MORNING CHICKS
HAPPY THURSDAY!!

TOO MUCH GOING ON DOWNSTAIRS...ALREADY THE "WEEKEND" IS STARTING OFF IN THE WRONG FOOT.
MAYBE I CAN GET IT SORTED OUT BEFORE 4PM. IT'S LIKE ALL THE HOUSING PROPERTIES ARE UNDER A BLACK CLOUD.....EVEN THE MEDICAL MALARMS STARTED SCREWING UP BEFORE 3AM AND THEY CALLED ME SO WE CAN GET A REPAIRMAN HERE. WTF!! GOING DOWN TO WAIT FOR HIM...HE IS DUE SOON. HIS NAME IS VIC BUT I CALL HIM NICK BY MISTAKE ALL THE TIME. HE TOLD THE GIRLS THAT I CAN CALL HIM WHATEVER I WANT AND HE'LL COME RUNNING. :rofl: HE'S SUCH A CUTIE....I SHOULD BE IN A BETTER MOOD ONCE HE'S BEEN HERE :lol3: :lol3:
CHAT LATER. :moped:

ceejay52 12-30-2010 11:29 AM

Mel
What is going on in those buildings? Do you have a ghost? Hope Vic gets there soon.

Happy
I think I've used the WW online 2 times since I've signed up for it. I'm planning on following the pyramid and the online calculator that I found.
I'm trying to get the apartment clean for the New Year so I can plan for the New Year. I know what you mean about nothing going on on New Year's eve. I've been to Paragould the past 3 week end's and I'm ready to stay home.

Annie
I understand about those weird comments some guys can say. You had the right, in my opinion, to give one back. I've never had Poppa John's pizza. Think the next time I'm in Paragould I'll order one and bring it home with me in honor of my nephew. He drove a UPS truck that carried Poppa John's pizza's. Enjoy your day's off.

Michelle
How are you feeling today?

Laura
Have a good day.

I've been wondering about those steam mops.

I'm outta here. I need to run some errands.

Laura705 12-30-2010 11:32 AM

Morning all. Finished my one and only meeting for today, and I have the quarterly schedules to finish. And boss wanted our input on the Dec. operating report by the end of the week. The office closes early, so I'll make this a quick post.

Michelle - Hope you're comfortable and working hard on a speedy recovery by taking it very easy this weekend. :) :)

Annie - People really need to think more before they speak!! Honestly, comments like that guy made are not wise. Heard about that earthquake - I think that was at least the 2nd this year in the Midwest. Sheesh. Enjoy your 4-day "one job only" weekend. You undecorated already!!?? At our house, we'll make up for our late and small showing by keeping our decorations up at least another week. Yum, pizza. Yum, pineapple cake.

Happy - I forgot about the bathroom tile as another good use for the steam mop. Duh. Now - can the mop also be manipulated to use on wall tile - i.e., in the tub area? Hmmm. I don't get much out of watching fireworks on TV, but I do like seeing the partiers at the various Chicago locations - along with the tv folks unfortunate enough to have to cover them. :D

Mel - Gosh, that place never lets up with the alarms and emergencies, etc. Please don't run yourself ragged - just respond to the ones that will require you to work with hunky service guys and forward the rest of the calls to someone else!!! :rofl:

Hellos to Shad & Ceejay!

Bf has sprung a last minute surprise on me - going to see a band play tonight. Oh, and I'd forgotten about a New Year's Day party we've been invited to. True to form, bf mentioned it once weeks ago and never mentioned it again. Sigh. That's about it, so I'll post.

Laura705 12-30-2010 11:35 AM

Hi Ceejay - I'd also like to get organized for the new year, but it'll have to be postponed. Suddenly my weekend is all booked up.

diyana 12-30-2010 02:19 PM

Happy Thursday ladies -

Not much going on in my life...this morning started with breakfast with DH before he went to work. We both had cereal. Exciting, huh? Then back to sleep for me. I watched "The Blind Side" with Sandra Bullock when I woke up. I hadn't seen it before, and I really enjoyed it. Yesterday, was a Lord of the Rings movie-fest. This afternoon will be Thelma and Louise followed by an Angelina Jolie movie (I have several DVRed). I'm resting all day...only up to get something to eat or drink, use the restroom or get a fresh ice pack. We are having warm temps (40s) here today, and DH may take down the outside decorations tomorrow if the ground has thawed enough to get the stakes out. As for the tree and inside decorations...that will depend on how we're feeling. I hope to get it down this weekend though...since I have 4 days off and DH has tomorrow through Sunday.

I am still a bit sore today...but hopefully that will ease up over the next couple days. Anyway, that's what ice packs and rest are for, right?

It's crazy how Mother Nature has delivered end of the year blows to the world...floods, feet of snow in Northeast, and now an earthquake in Indy. I saw images of the Australian flooding on the news, and also saw all the cars stuck in the snow in NYC...just stuck and left in the street, making it hard for the plows to get around. What a mess!

Annie - What a cute email from dad. The thought of pineapple upside down cake is making me drool. I wish you could deliver one up here! :rofl: Enjoy your 4 day weekend...too bad you have to work NYE and NYD at CVS. What a rude guy at work! sheesh...keep those comments to yourself. Hope you enjoyed your pizza and wine last night.

Happy - Sorry to hear about the car maintenance costs. And I hope your PC is behaving better. I had to laugh when I read your post about two days of mild temps before dropping down to the 40s. Are two days of mild temps are IN the 40s!! :rofl:

Mel - I'm so sorry you're having such a rough day. I wish you could be here and you and I could relax and watch good movies together. I'm glad Vic is going to come and take care of at least some of the problems.

Ceejay - I hope you are enjoying your 5 day weekend. I LOVE your idea about getting organized for the New Year. I will too...but later in the month. This 4 day weekend is all booked up with resting and movie watching! :rofl: We are most definitely staying in on NYE. We're having rain today and tomorrow and then tomorrow (NYE) evening the temps are going to drop way below freezing creating very icy roads. Icy roads and lots of drunks out...definitely not a good combination...and between the dangerous road conditions and my back...DH and I have decided to stay in.

Laura - as for the Steam Mop on tub tile, I think it would be fine...just as on regular tile. We have a fiberglass (or whatever) shower wall...kind of plastic-ey if you ask me. DH tried to use the steam mop on that, but he really couldn't let too much heat on it for too long. It did help with the soap scum and grout elsewhere though. I hope you have a nice time listening to the band play tonight, and with your friends tomorrow and New Year's Day. Our New Year's Day plans including watching the Univ. of Wisconsin play in the Rose Bowl on TV, followed by the NHL Winter Classic outdoor hockey game.

Well, It's back to lying down on an ice pack for me.

I hope everyone is having a good day, and Mel...I hope the craziness at your place calms down soon so you can relax.

Love and hugs to all,

zoochick777 12-30-2010 05:04 PM

Hi everyone! Wow, I have been gone for a LONG time. Today is the first time I've spent time on the computer since my holiday started. It feels GREAT to have a break from school. I finished my first semester of Grad school with a 4.0!!!!!! The first week off of school and work was spent Christmas shopping and relaxing. Then I woke up sick Christmas Day and have been feeling bad since. I'd be okay if the weather down here would just pick a temperature and stick with it instead of the constant fluctuations between 28 and 70 degrees. I have been being so lazy since I got off work December 17 and have been sleeping in till about 10 every morning! I started working out again today and will begin waking up earlier tomorrow since I start work back on January 3. Hope everyone's been great, I've missed coming on here!

diyana 12-30-2010 06:37 PM

Congrats, Kasey, on that AWESOME GPA!!!

annie175 12-30-2010 10:07 PM

Wow Kasey....rock on!!! Congrats on the GPA...very proud of you!!! Hope you get to feeling better too!!

Chelle....I am glad you are taking easy till the time is right for you to do more. PLEASE listen to your docs as I know you will. Great feelers in 2011...

Have a total happy new year...and a marvelous 2011...~~~!!!

Laura...got the cake done for dad and ended up spending up 5 hours with him. I took a section of cake next door to his neighbor LADY. haha. When I left to go home, he said, you don't need to rush off...haha, 5 hours is a LONG time. I actually cleaned his kitchen AND baked the cake....lol

Shad 12-31-2010 06:11 AM

Don't post here anymore. Click on the link to goto our new thread. Happy New Yearhttp://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post3625414