3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Excercise, Diet and Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/21664-excercise-diet-support.html)

reina_mia 12-05-2002 10:48 AM

Feeling Good Today!

Good morning everyone.:wave:

Ok, starting off with some great news, after all the stressfree eating over the Thanksgiving holiday, I still am down 1/2 lb.:cb:

Yeah for me. I was unable to exercise yesterday. My asthma was really kicking in, so I just laid in bed after work.

I did count my calories and I was at 1164, even after eating 4 white castles. I love those little burgers, but be careful, even though 1 burger can be consumed with 3 bites, they are 135 calories per burger.

Has anyone every tried the Kelloggs Special K Cereal with berries??
It is so good and it is only 110 calories for 1 cup. That is great, because I love cereal, and it tastes like real cereal, not that diet crappy one, that is like eating cardboard:mad:

I have started using Fitday for this week, after so many recommendations, I have figured out to add my own custom foods and am using the fitness guide. I go back to Caloriescount.com, well, because like a compulsive dork that I am.:o I paid for 6 months of it, and it has a few easier food items that I can find quicker than in Fitday. So I am utilizing both.

Lisa, I have to tell you from my husbands experience, eating some good foods can worsen acid reflux. My husband can no longer drink water or eat salads. It makes him horribly sick and nothing stays down, :(
So I wouldn't feel bad about eatting bad right now, some of the bad stuff may be coating and protecting you stomach from the bad stuff. I just wish you didn't have that horrible GB pain. That must be so uncomfortable. You know, from what my doctor told my husband once.. All you need to do is get your doctor to say go into the emergency room if it gets any worse. That is his authorization to seek emergency medicine and the insurance may have to cover it. You will probably get faster results when they see how much pain you are in.

Taiwan,
I don't know if this works, but with WW, they used to say total up all the calories and fat in all the ingredients combined in your meal and then divide that by servings and you should be able to determine your calorie intake that way.
Hope it works for you.

MikiG, You had me cracking up again with the Buffet story. I can totally relate, how I always want to go back for more, but am afraid of being the first one, I am a bad person, I used my son once as an excuse to get him some dessert, just so I can go and get some more potatoes.... See what the :devil: can make you do?

I hope you all have a great and blessed day.

cyan 12-05-2002 11:38 AM

Hello Girls

I had a rough morning...I had to take my mom to the doctors...they are worried about her weight loss..so now she is on antidepressants to increase her appetite...and I will have to take her back in the new year to follow up on this new med...this is so tough taking care of my mom who suffers from alzheimers and is in complete denial over it. My dad is elderly too and cant handle all the responsibilities by himself...so its me that has too:(

Anyway, had to get that off my chest....1793 calories but exercised for 30 minutes and burned off 353 cals for a total of 1440....I consumed 76 grams of fat:o

Reina congrats on your weight loss...slowly but surely is the best way....and I too must make room for my favorite foods...could never give them up permanently...It would not work for me. I am not much of a cereal eater so I havent tried the kelloggs. I usually use the customs foods section to add up my calories based on the labels on the foods that I eat..so its pretty accurate and works for me.

Miki...such determinatio...I would have had seconds...period...so tap yourself on the back.

Lisa...stay strong...and I do hope you will get the help you need to solve your GB pain.

Taiwan...split up your salad into serving portions and calculate the calories based on that using fitday. If you eat a cup of the salad for lunch...put that into fitday.

Well girls...gotta get back to work

Talk to you all later

Cyan

reina_mia 12-05-2002 02:36 PM

Cyan,
Sorry to hear about your mom. I know how tough that can be to take care of someone. Especially when you are so young yourself. I will keep her in my prayers.....

Here a a few sites that I came across and one for everyone on Water consumption.

http://www.lowcaldiner.com/ for Low Calorie Dinner Ideas.

http://www.***************.net/ This is a nice site that is connected with Weight Watchers.

http://www.mcvitamins.com/water.htm

Enjoy.

PreciousOne 12-05-2002 03:14 PM

Hi All,

Toady is gloomy so naturally I want to be lazy and eat. Haven't given in so far. I got up did my 8 Minutes and then 20mins of aerobics. Feeling good even skipped my nap today! After exercising in the morning I'm usally too wired to take a nap but I make myself at least lie down an hour before going to work sometimes I fall alseep. Not today! The bed hasn't even crossed my mind. Hope I don't pay for it later at work! lol.

I had my hubby take a side view picture of me yesterday. I wanted to cry. I was like all of the work I've done is only a drop in the bucket. Later after thinking about it I cheered up a little bit because at least I can see the results of my hard work.

Lisa hope you're get to feeling better.

Cyan I'm sorry about your mother. Just atake one day at a time. Thanks for the article.

Miki your story reminds me of myself especially in a small restuarant. Feel like everyone is watching.

Reina_mia I hope your asthma gets better and congrat on your weight lose. Thanks for sharing those websites.

LadyRider, Cjunk, and Annie hope you all are doing ok.

Take care :grouphug:

cyan 12-05-2002 09:21 PM

Evening girls

Today was a rough day...after taking mom to the doctors, I usually fee a little down...I ate well except fo lunch...2 hot dogs with tasty taters....yeesh....dinner was healthy...a tuna wrap with lots of fruits...for some reason I just craved fruits...an orange, banana and pear...so I am well over my cal consumption range...I had 2010 and 72 grams of fat. I only exercised for 20 minutes for a distance of 6 km and burned off 260 cals for a totoal of 1750...tomorrow will be a better day. I still might do a few minutes of weights...I'll see.

Have a good evening...I'm feeling a little bloated...ugh:tired: and a little tired...I'm off....good night everybody

Cyan

MikiG 12-05-2002 11:26 PM

Sounds like today was a tough day for everyone. It's almost 10:30 pm and I"m just getting in. Had a FallFestival for the kids at school, then went out to eat. Glad I gave up seconds on Chinese yesterday since tonite I had Ribeye steak, Baked potato, and salad. It was 8:30 when we ate it too. I know it's terrible to eat such a big meal so late. Didnt drink water either..had Diet coke. Havent done that in a long time. Also havent exercised at all!! <<Sigh>> Out of town ballgame tomorrow too so probably wont eat any better or have time to exercise either. Wont even get to come here. :( Sorry I kept write to everyone individually but I still have lots to do before I can get to bed. Hope everyone has a better day tomorrow. Think of me while I"m gone. Should be able to be back online sometime Saturday nite. Til then, let's not give up..Try, Try and try again. :)
NITE!!
MIKI

Lisathemommy 12-06-2002 09:23 AM

Good morning! Good Morning! Good morning! It's Friday!! TGIF!
For the first time this week, I'm off to the gym! I'm skipping a meeting I should go to, but I really need to get some exercise to get myself back on track. I've eaten horribly all week long!

Reina Mia, :bravo: on being 1/2 pound down! That's awesome! About Special K, have you seen their cereal bars. YUMMY! Also, yesterday I was driving through a shopping mall and low and behold there was a Curves there! I'm kind of interested in what it is. What was their program and how much did it cost in Chicago? My gym membership is about to run out, so if they're a good program and affordable, maybe I'll make a change.

Cyan, Hope today is a better day for you! We all have emotionally stressful days. Unfortunately, I like to comfort myself with food and just plain laziness. How can I break that habit???? If I were RICH, I'd go to some therapist who would talk to me about that....hmmmmm.:chin:

I'm really concerned about Annie and Cjunk! :?: Where did they go? Has anyone heard from any of them?

Got to go! Have a great day today! We only get today, today!
Lisa:flow2:

reina_mia 12-06-2002 10:30 AM

Happy Friday

Good Morning everyone.

Well I hope everyone has a better day today. Yesterday was rough, but remember, it is not considered Yesterday. And Today is a new day.

Now I have to say I blew today already before 7:30am. We had to get out of the house early today to avoid taking the bus with my 3 year old in 10 degree weather this morning. So my husband dropped us off across the street from my son's school. There is a restaurant there so me and my son had breakfast. I just had to have some coffee to keep warm and I had 1 slice of toast and a couple of bites of pancakes. Hey, it's not as bad as I thougth once I wrote it all down:?:

Lisa,
Curves would have costed $99 to join and $39 a month for a min of 12 months. It is a 28 minute workout. I don't think you really sweat with it, but it did feel good. It is on 9 machines where you work your specific muscles for 30 seconds and move on to the next machine. I liked it because it was convenient and only 30 minutes to work out. But it was just to costly for me. Go and check it out, they usually have a flyer with a 1 week free or they will give you a free workout when you go check it out.

Alright ladies, I am seeing too many sad faces in the past week, let's just chalk it up as a bad week and leave it at that, and start fresh .. What do you say....

Have a great weekend everyone. Be safe....
:grouphug:

taiwan 12-06-2002 11:10 AM

My Friday is over!!

Today wasn't too bad. Though I haven't figured out how to get my fat intake down and my protein up. I am not really good at this stuff. Here it's midnight and I just finished my snack of 3/4 of a carrot (my husband snatched the rest out of my bag) and some celery. I am just so hungry at night time. Maybe it's because I go walking at night? Tonight, I did my 1.5miles (45min) but the last 1/4mile I actually jogged! quite unusual for me. hopefully I can slowly get into a jogging habit.

Anyway, I weighed myself today and the verdict is-------
lost 2.2lbs/1kg from Thanksgiving to now:D

Was hoping for a little more, but then thought, hey that is a healthy normal weight loss. It's off forever, not going to come back. Now if I can keep that weight loss up for the next 5weeks, I'll be at my goal.
Reina_Mia, congrats on your 1/2lb down. You keep it up girl. We'll be down to our weight goal in no time. I think it's neat that we have basically the same amount to lose. Hey, I think you did pretty good at the breakfast place, I don't know if I would've! So are you keeping up with the walking video? How do you like it? I've heard good things about it. Trying to decide what to do about working out at home.
Lisa, thanks for the offer about adding up calories with Diet Power. I was determined tonight to figure this out. So I measured everything out and put it seperatly in ziploc bags. I know sounds kinda obsessive/compulsive:lol: but I figured that would be best for me.So i am going to add it up on Fitday.
Cyan, sorry to hear about your parents. I know when I saw my parents in early Novemberl, first time in 4years(they came here to Taiwan), they were so different. So many health problems and I really do worry. Plus helping take care of my sister who is legally blind. I mean, my sis can do alot of things on her own and has a job and all (she is not mentally disabled, though a little slower than the average 25yr old)they still have to watch out for her, and she is always sick or always has a pain. I will be praying for you.

Hope you all had a good one ladies. Ok, I just hit a button and my screened did something weird. Our computer has been acting up, so I better get off of here. Hey, where are the others? Hope everyone is doing ok with the snow.

cyan 12-06-2002 12:03 PM

Good Day Ladies

Today is friday...TGIF right on Lisa...I'm with you on that one...Reina...you were amazing with your breakfast choices..I would have gone full tilt and ordered myself a breakfast with full fat coke:lol: Thats why I avoid going into restaraunts unless I know I will be eating...can do that yet...when you go into a food place and not eat...have not mastered that yet..if I am there, I am eating.

Anyway, tonight I am going over to a dear friend of mines for dinner...she is pregnant and wanted to invite me and a mutual friend of ours over for an indian curry...food..oh yes...I am there:s:

But she knows that I am on a diet..so to speak and her being a doctor would not sabotage my efforts with fat laden food!

So far I am doing well...after lunch I will be at 595 cals and 13 grams of fat...so lots of space to negotiate..heheheheh.

Taiwan, you gotta do what you gotta do to stay on track..so its not obessive...its smart and kudos on your weight loss...slowly but surely....thats the way to do it.

Lisa thanks for your well wishes, yes today is better. I'm still working on breaking that habit...I must admit that on very stressful days, I still tend to overeat in an attempt to wash down all of my sadness or stress. Although, now even if I overeat, I exercise, no matter what...its not an option to exercise, it something I must do to exist. But Lisa, I am in good health and I dont have a BG problem like you do, so I am sure it is much tougher from where you are at...and you have such strength to keep at it so kudos to you.

PreciousOne...you inspire me when you keep going even when its gloomy outside...you have risen to the challenge ...keep going! and thanks for your well wishes too...I appreciate it.

Miki have fun friday and stay strong...I send you lots of good energy.

Cjunk, LadyRider, and Annie....hope you guys get back here soon...I miss you.

Cyan

Lisathemommy 12-06-2002 02:41 PM

Gee girls! We are all so busy! I miss you when one of you has to miss a day or several days like LadyRider.

I went to the gym today. I did 45 minutes of step and double step. I was going to stay for the body defined, but my body was not ready for that yet. I was trying not to fling snot all over and my throat was killing me. :p

I ate fudge this morning. Shame on me:nono: For lunch I had a Smart Ones Meal. It was yummy and I've had lots of water today. I also took my multivitamin. I've been cleaning my house all day, also.

Sounds like today is better than yesterday! I've decided that I'm not going to torture myself over things like...eating fudge. It's Christmas time. If I eat healthy 80% of the time and exercise everyday, I'll be fine. There is going to be a lot of temptation. What I will work on is not eating food simply because it's there, but because It's something I really want to eat. I'm really bad at eating just because there's a bowl of chips out. I don't even really like chips.....unless there's some queso around....:dizzy:

Anyway, I'm not going to deprive myself of the Christmas season, and at the same time I'm not going to deprive my body of the healthy food and exercise it needs.

Okay, that's all for now.
Lisa:wave:

cyan 12-07-2002 11:26 AM

Happy weekend ladies

Well last night I went over to my friend's house and it was so much fun...her and her husband...who does dishes and cooks:high: served up an amazing indian feast...chicken curry, yogurt salad and flan for desert....yum yum yum...Anyway, it was all low cal heathily prepared..so my cals consumed total up to 1495 and 41 grams consumed...not bad...I got home pretty late so I didnt exercise:^: But today, I am back to exercising:lol:

Well Ladies, the holidays are shortly upon us...stay strong and motivated

Cyan

taiwan 12-07-2002 12:02 PM

Cyan, that meal sounds great! I wish I could get my husband to do dishes, but hey he cooks more than me so that's ok:-)

Bad Saturday, bad bad bad bad bad!!!!!

Breakfast, decided to eat with the family. They usually go out and buy it and bring it back (food stands are everywhere here!!!) and so I went with the kids today. Had a Chinese style tuna omelet (actually I think it's not quite at 200calories, so not too bad). But lunch was like---feed me pastries!!!! We ate a late breakfast and so lunch got pushed back. So we didn't eat til like 2pm and youth group is at 3pm. So we just went to the bakery and got some stuff. I had a chocolate glazed donut, and another chocolate thing, and 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with butter--but I had a diet Pepsi (like that makes it better). I felt so bad afterwards especially since I didn't have time to do my walking today. I did so some abs/arms/thigh and butt lifts though. Dinner was 1.5cup of Campbells soup, I think it was Borsch? anyway, one serving was only 70 calories and 1g fat. The can had 3 servings (I added a little more water to even it out at 3cups). So dinner wasn't too bad. It's 1am and I'm still working on my water intake. Tomorrow should be better, weekends are always harder for me. But hey, Monday through Friday ain't too bad:-)

Have a great day ladies. So do you all have your Christmas decoratoins up? Not here yet, it's in the plan for this week. Man the next two weeks are going to be crazy. Christmas program on the 22nd and on the 21st our church has a booth at a Christmas Bazaar at the local hospital---I've been told I am making cookies and cakes oh, this should be interesting. I will have to tape my mouth shut while baking:-) lol.

gotta go to bed my friends.see ya

MikiG 12-07-2002 10:04 PM

Hi everyone!

I had a great time at Josh's basketball game last nite. During the entire game, neither team ever got more than 2 points ahead. It was back and forth until the very last minute. Very stressful but exciting. WE WON!! ( 36-34 ) yeahhhhhhhhh :)whewww..I hate those kind that are sooo close tho if we LOSE. lol

Ok, that was my GOOD news. Now for the BAD news...somebody pleaseeeeeeeee make me quit eating!! This is my worst day in a long time!! Well, whole weekend actually. Yesterday, I did get up in time to do 30 min of exercise because I knew I wouldnt have time last nite after getting home late. I had a cup of raisin bran with 1/2 cup of 2% milk for breakfast. For lunch, I had a turkey sandwich on whole wheat, sugar free bread with lite mayo. So far so good huh? Well, decided it wouldnt hurt to eat a few chips. After all, they were the Lays Wow Fat Free ones. Well, I dont think being FatFree means Eat all I want even if that means half a bag.:?: ( Lisa, I LOVE chips ) So then I think" Ok, I dont want to eat again at all until after the game when everyone goes out together". We had to leave immediately after school and the kids are always starving. I know it's too hard for them to have to wait til 9 or 10 pm or later to eat when they have lunch at school before noon. So, I think I'll be smart and fix them a sandwich to eat on the way. That way we wont have to eat at or before the game, except they can have their sandwich. ( meaning no temptation for me by stopping somewhere) Just as we were leaving, my sis stops and asks my youngest son to go with her to her house. ( he hates going to his brother's games) We have barely gotten out of town when I remember his sandwich.:s: Welll, I couldnt just waste it, ya know. The whole time I was eating it I was thinking how stupid it was yet I kept on. Took us about an hour and a half to get to the game. Right before the 2nd game, ( the senior game) my hubby decides he needs a little something to tide him over til supper. So, sweetie that he is, he brings us BOTH back a frito chili pie. What was I to do??? Couldnt hurt his feelings so I ate that too!:o
The first game was at 5, we had the chili pies around 6:30. We left the games around 9 and at 10 or so, everyone stopped at McDonalds. Hubby and I ordered one meal deal. ( Quarter Pounder with Fries and drink and no it wasnt water..wasnt even diet). I ate the burger and he ate the fries. Are ya'll sick yet?? lol

Ok, so today I had to work. Didnt eat breakfast but for lunch, my co-worker suggests we get a hamburger and potato logs. ( I work on Saturdays at the bank branch which is in a grocery store. There is a deli in the store that makes really good burgers, and we dont have to leave work) So thats what we did. That would have been fine if my plan of not eating anything else had worked. But noooo...then she remembers she brought homemade fudge and a variety of cookies for me to bring home to the kids. ( so she wouldnt eat it all herself, she said) I"m sure you wouldnt guess this, but I ate fudge ( and not just one piece either )and some cookies too thinking the whole time, Ok, now I really cant have anything tonite. My family ate out at lunch today after watching the Christmas parade in town while I was at work so they didnt want much tonite. Great, right? Dont have to cook. Fixed them peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and then I still fixed me a turkey sandwich and just finished eating that!!!! I'm totally disgusted with myself and want to just cry. Yesterday morning BEFORE all of this, I weighed and found out I had gained a pound of the 8 I had lost.:( I probably just added 3 more to it!!!!! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP! What is so stupid is I think finding out about the one lb gained is what triggered all of this. What's the deal with that?????

Taiwan, you did great last week! Losing over 2 lbs even with Thanksgiving. Congrats! I"m jealous.:p lol

Cyan, Reina, Lisa, Taiwan, Precious One....thank you all for being so dedicated to posting here. It really really helps me to know you're all here. Now that I got all that off my chest, maybe I'll be ready to start new again tomorrow. I think sometimes confessing instead of pretending it didnt happen helps us realize what we've done, and like I've said before, I feel accountable here and I hate not having something positive to post.

Annie and Cjunk..we need ya'll too!!! Please check in soon and let us know how you're doing. We're here for you and ready to listen anytime.

I'm ready for LadyRider to get back too. Her posts are always upbeat and entertaining. I miss her.

Hope I didnt miss anyone because every one here is special to me. Strange how that happened with this group in such a short time, but like Lisa, even when someone misses just one day posting, just isnt the same without them.

Ya'll have a great Sunday. I will be here sometime tomorrow with some Positive things to tell you about my eating. I promise:angel:

Ohhh, almost forgot! Did ya'll see the notice about the new chatroom being up and running?? I'd love if we could all meet here one nite at the same time to chat with each other. That would be so cool!! I went in there tonite at 8 pm ( central ) and was the only one there. lol Let's try to set up a time k?? It would be lots of fun! What do ya'll think?

Well, better go before I pop the button off the jeans.:eek: lol

Nite all!

MIKI

cyan 12-07-2002 10:43 PM

Evening Ladies

Well lets see...today I ate wisely..although I am feeling a little hungry...thats why I am staying clear of the kitchen for tonight...period...or else I know I will eat eat eat. I had 1366 cals 54 grams of fat, I exercised for 30 minutes for a distance of 9.3km and burned off 330 cals for a grand total of 1036 cals today...not bad but when I go below 1500 cals...I'm just too hungry.

Miki Miki Miki...wow girl...you need to get a grip before you gain back all your weight...all that hard work...all that sweat and tears....Sorry to be so harsh with you...but consider this a cyber kick you your butt.....please dont sabotage your weight loss....And having said this, you are a very brave lady for coming clean and facing up to the music so to speak....it means that you tripped up but you have not lost sight of your goals..just a little detour...you know this...and you will get back on track starting tomorrow...right?!? ...right..okay. We are here to support you and I hope in the future if need be, you will give me a cyber kick to my butt if I need it:lol:

But I know exactly where you are coming from...sometimes when I get bad news...like weight gain...I just give up and eat..I figure when I am being good, I still gain so I might as well go all out and pig out.

Let me know when and where for the chat...I'll be available!
Be strong...think of us here when you are horribly tempted..walk away...think about it before you eat it...I hope this helps and I know what you have been through...I have done that plenty of times in the past..or else I would not have this excess weight to lose.

Big Hug

Cyan