3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Woman Of Color # 4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/214793-woman-color-4-a.html)

Matilda08 10-21-2010 09:22 AM

I hope I can make it to the two teens by month end!! I wi at 225.8 today so idk. This month has been an off month for me Im losing slow but ill admitt im not going as hard as I had been. This saturday the gym is having a all day open house and Im going to take yoga for the first time. Im pretty excited about that!

Slim CB 10-21-2010 11:17 AM

Hi ladies,

I have noticed this thread has been pretty quiet lately. I hope everyone is still OP and is doing well. I am pretty busy at work myself but I am still sticking to it.

Question for you ladies though....how did you break through a plateau. I have not lost any weight for the past 3 weeks and its annoying me. Note that I am not giving up at all but I would really like to see the scale trend down!

Brit 10-21-2010 06:04 PM

ive been op..weigh in is on saturday..hoping to be 147ish.

reflection: i was looking in the mirror the other day examining my new body(still not used to it yet) and i noticed i can see the imprints of my ribcage clearly now when i reach up or to the side..its crazy!

anybody dreading thanksgiving food like i am?! last year i actually lost weight during the holidays but this year, i will be at goal(more than likely a little past it) and probably out of town and i dont want my progress to be harmed in any way..hopefully i can control myself.my plan so far is to eat low calorie about 3 days before the trip,have a nice thanksgiving dinner or 2 lol,once i get home go back low calorie for a couple of more days and hop right back on plan

jigglefree 10-22-2010 01:16 PM

I'm on plan too. Work has been crazy and my daughter hasn't been feeling well. I haven't worked out this week at all. No harm done. I can get back on task tonight because my husband is off today and can get stuff done...hopefully. I will be on the treadmill and lifting this evening. The lunchtime workouts will resume next week. That way I can get at least two workouts a day done.

Brit - I'm not too worried about Thanksgiving. I don't usually go overboard. However, I will take your plan and work it in case I decide to eat more than I think I will. Lower calorie the three days before and after. I will also be out of town but my sister that I'm staying with works out alot so I will be able to workout with her. I also shop all day the day after so I won't have to worry about exercise that day. I'm looking forward to it actually.

Slim CB 10-22-2010 04:08 PM

No one to tell me how they broke through their plateau?

Matilda08 10-22-2010 04:48 PM

I have not experienced a plateau! I would rec working out more or changing up your cals like eating more protien less carbs etc.

jigglefree 10-22-2010 04:48 PM

Slim I apologize. I have done several different things. I've had several plateaus. I will decrease my calories and increase my exercise, increase my calories and maintain my exercise. Increase my exercise and maintain my calories. Sometimes I just change up what I do for my workout. Like I normally walk/jog on the treadmill. I will walk and do weights while I'm walking or do a video. The walking and weights is what I've been doing lately and it is working wonders for my arms.

SunnyDC 10-24-2010 07:15 PM

Hi Carly! I'm new here, but welcome.

Matilda08 10-25-2010 09:36 AM

Welcome carly!

I had another horrible eating weekend ugh grrrr I have to get it together Im wasting valuble time I want to get to 199 but now I dont know:(

jigglefree 10-25-2010 10:52 AM

Matilda - YOU WILL GET TO 199!! You have time just pull your weekends together.
Carly - WELCOME!! Jump in and join the fun.
Sunny - How are things going with you?
Brit - You are looking really good. Your legs are looking wonderful.

I had a great weekend. I went tailgating for the Falcons game and didnt' over eat or have too much alcohol. It was $15 all you can eat and drink. They were trying to get you drink too. I'm pushing myself because I really want to be a size 12 by Thanksgiving.

Matilda08 10-25-2010 11:32 AM

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...79_2008/ty.jpg

me at 225 taken 10-23

Brit 10-25-2010 12:10 PM

matilda you look great! im jealous of your hips..i lost mine along the line.. im loving all the new avi's & faces here

as far as me the scale has been flip flopping back & forth..but i have been OP.i did measure today and i lost an inch of my waist and lower area.i have a 29 inch waist yall! i think i really needa chill on the cardio and start p90x'ing or chalean it up
here is my NSV from this past weekend:

http://i56.tinypic.com/1ob0v8.jpg

even thought im not this size in every brand..i was happy!i honestly dont wanna go any further pants wise..im happy with my size ranging from 10-12.. i have already lost my hips but thankfully i have naturally thick legs & thighs that aint going no where.

SunnyDC 10-26-2010 12:25 AM

jigglefree--thank you for asking. i'm doing well, slow but steady. i'm kicking it back into induction phase for the next two weeks to try to have a big woosh soon.

matilda-- looking good, ur stomach is really flat. i have such a round middle. as a child and even when i was skinny i had a rotund belly. i call it my birth defect. LOL

britt-- u look amazing. i see u in those size 9 which is actually a junior size, so u know it's cut really small.

jigglefree 10-26-2010 01:10 AM

I just got off the treadmill. I did an hour and included weights while walking briskly. Did an ab workout and I feel great. I'm tired now. I am going to keep pushing through Thanksgiving. I got a lot of clothes from a couple of friends and they are all size 12 and I want to wear them becuse they are so cute. Of course I'm so motivated by clothes.

Brit - Anytime you can get in a smaller size no matter if it's just one item it's major!!! At least that's how I feel.
Matilda - You do look great. I'm kinda hating on the stomach though. Mine is jiggly and round too.
Sunny - Sometimes slow and steady gets you there and you don't burn out. I have had my slow phase now I'm kicking it in high gear again.

Have a great day ladies,

SunnyDC 10-26-2010 12:50 PM

hey everybody! hope today is a successful day for you.