3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #29 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/203871-steel-magnolias-29-a.html)

Jean 06-09-2010 11:36 PM

Good Evening, Flowers! I fell asleep in front of the TV and am now thinking bed is looking good! It was a beautiful day in my neighborhood today; it's supposed to rain tomorrow. I worked in the church office this morning, went to lunch bunch, then back to the church to work on the mailing. There were 5 of us to put it together and I dropped it off at the post office on my way home at 3:30. I had an eye appt. and I was kind of hoping for new glasses, but nothing has changed so guess I won't spend the $$ right now.

Susan -- WM has discontinued many items in our store according to what different people share in conversation. Most of the people we know don't like to go there, and don't, unless they can't find something anywhere else in town. I wonder if we get the Food Channel; we do get the Food Network so I will have to check. Our TV guide leaves a lot to be desired so I find the extra programs by channel surfing. :lol:

"Gma" -- I know you will get your sock projects done in time. :yes: Our WM is more expensive than those around us, and that makes me mad. They have no local competition and there are are a lot of the locals that think WM is the only place to shop. Most of the employees would step right over a body and keep going. I do know a couple of them and they do speak when I see them. Happy Birthday :hb: to Jackson tomorrow! It's hard to believe he is 3 already. I did watch the secretary work on the newsletter today -- the format stays the same, from time to time, so a lot of it is just changing dates, names, events, etc. I know how to move the graphics, etc., from school projects the kids have worked on. I just have never done much of it myself, nor have I ever run a printer like they use for the newsletter. We will be in MN for the next one, and then she will be back for the following one which I still wouldn't know how to do it alone.

Maggie -- I left the spice out of the party mix this year and have to admit I couldn't tell any difference. :o I could almost smell your roast cooking tonight! :T

Hope you all have a terrific Thursday tomorrow. I am going to bed!

Jean -- :wave: from Iowa!

gma22 06-10-2010 07:23 AM

Good morning ladies! Poor Jack said his milk had soured so he had to opt for getting breakfast out this morning. He gets up at 5 and leaves at 6 and inbetween time has to shower and dress and all so he doesn't have a lot of time to cook breakfast. He almost always eats a bowl of cereal and since he didn't want to eat it dry he had to opt for something else. I think he also ran out of WW meals so had to pick himself up something for lunch. I pity him as he has to use the Walmart Neighborhood market and they have one person in there this early and sometimes there can be quite a line. They absolutely could care less about waiting on you so we rarely go in there, but nothing else is open this early.

Susan: I am sure they will clean up your yard and if not, you take yourself out there and tell them to! lol It is so spring like where you are. We are having such hot weather here and I know up north it is much, much cooler. The Cubs have been playing the Milwaukee Brewers that last couple days and they have been talking about how chilly it has been up there. So, what new quilting project have you started?

Jean: Do you guys go to MN for Bob to go fishing up there? I don't remember if the whole family goes and stays up there somewhere. I sure hope it won't be cold for you guys. It has been so chilly up north this spring. I can't believe Jackson is 3 either. Seems like just yesterday we were racing up there trying to get there before the baby was born, which of course we missed by a few hours. If you remember right, we were going through the Wendy's drive through picking up lunch when he was born.

Maggie: I have commissary duty this weekend. You know how much I love that. We are going to get a few things to grill out. It keeps the kitchen cool, is a lowfat way to make stuff and is yummy. I think I am going to get a few ears of fresh corn and roast them in the husks with a bit of margarine and garlic drizzled on them and cooked in. That is a great way to make corn without using a huge amount of butter on your corn.

I am going to start T's other sock today and work on it all weekend and see if I can get it done. I think what happens is I get bored knitting the same thing round and round so put it down, that or lately I just feel so bad that I just want to sit with a heating pad, a blanket and an advil chaser. I didn't take my hormone pill this morning and am going to skip tomorrow's and see if it all stops. My next option according to my regular doctor is to have the remaining lining of my uterus burned off. Sounds peachy keen, doesn't it? I think it is called ablation. The odd thing about this all is it is very, very regular. It happens the same time each month as if I were still having periods. Strange, huh? I just want them to FIX me! lol

I need to go and get my work done. It is going to be another hot day so want to get things done early this morning. Have a good day all! Faye

Jean 06-10-2010 09:02 AM

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a rainy windy day in my neighborhood -- just like the weatherman predicted. Bob has a company "kickoff" meeting/play day about 2 hours south of us. I hope the sun is shining because their "play" was golf after the meeting this morning. I made my "to do" list while I was having coffee with him; I just don't know which thing to do first! :spin: The dust isn't showing because it is so dark so maybe I'll run errands, go to WW, and then attack the furniture dust and floor bunnies.

"Gma" -- I hope Jack's trip to WM went smoothly. I'd be a real grumpy person if I had to start my day at WM! :lol: Yes, this is the trip to the MN fishing resort with my "mom," "sister," her dh, and this year the bil from AZ will be back. The resort has been remodeling the cabins, which already had heat and running water, microwave, showers, etc. They put in new everything, ac which we never need, :rolleyes: and the price has gone sky high. This may be our last year to go and I will really miss the shopping trips to St. Cloud; we've been going since '97 and it's always the same week in June. There are several related-to-each other families that come from IL, and they are always getting together to fish, eat, shop, etc. It's been fun to watch their kids grow up. Our cabin is right in the middle of the mix so they are always walking by.

Maggie and Susan -- Hope your day is a good one! :dance:

I need to get dressed and get going too. Have a great day today! :D

Jean -- :wave: from :rain: Iowa!

Maggie 06-10-2010 12:59 PM

Titilating Thrusday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS :wave:

Another warm day in the Heartland. We are said to be getting thunderstorms throughout the rest of the month. My roast turned out great that I had in the crock pot. It shredded up nicely and I will freeze most of it in portion sizes. We have a rib rack that holds lots of ribs but it one of the take down models so I just put two of the holders in it since we aren't going to be smoking for a crowd. Will plans to do that on Friday. I have some little 1 point long pieces of corn on the cob in the freezer that I will put in the smoker also.

DONNA FAYE When I do corn the way you spoke of I use "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray on the ears along with salt and pepper . YUMMMM.

The wierdest thing just happened. This post went "poof" and disappeared so I started it over. Then it wen't "poof" and put me back here.

JEAN Is it because they raised the cost of the cabins that this will be your last year there? Everything is going up so much now it makes me wonder how anyone will be able to afford a vacation.

SUSAN They will surely clean up your yard trash. We had roofing junk all over our yard during the reroofing job next door and they cleaned it all up and even gave us a new lawn.:o Which by the way is growng up so nicely.

Time to get some lunch going. :wave: Type at y'all later.

QuilterInVA 06-10-2010 02:53 PM

Good afternoon, ladies! Heat is back on tap but the humidity isn't too bad.

Below is an article I read on Yahoo News of the Odd.

Woman striving to be world's heaviest

OLD BRIDGE, New Jersey (Reuters) – A New Jersey woman is waging a campaign to become the world's heaviest living woman, admitting that she is as hungry for attention as she is for calorie-rich food.

Donna Simpson, 42, weighs more than 600 pounds (272 kg) and aims to reach 1,000 pounds (455 kg).

A Guinness World Records spokeswoman said Simpson has submitted a claim for the title of world's heaviest woman to give birth, a claim that is being reviewed.

Among the heaviest women ever recorded was one who reportedly weighed 1,800 pounds (816 kg) and another who reportedly weighed 1,200 pounds (545 kg) at the time of their deaths.

he mother of two children, ages 3 and 14, models on a website called supersizedbombshells.com, where admirers and the curious can pay to watch videos of her eating greasy foods or walking to the car.

She has appeared in television interviews and said she welcomes media coverage.

Simpson said she has received a book offer and wants her own reality show, partly to give plus-size women more confidence. She wears size XXXXXL clothing, which she buys mostly online, and calls herself a member of the "fat acceptance community."

"The bigger your butt is, the bigger belly you have, the sexier you are," Simpson said, lounging on the couch of her suburban home 40 miles south of New York.

Simpson has found a man who says he appreciates her size, and they plan to marry in Hawaii this year. She said airlines are being accommodating of her needs.

Her fiancee, 49-year-old Philippe Gouamba and the father of her 3-year-old daughter, said he not only finds Simpson attractive but is also one of Simpson's biggest supporters in her quest to expand her girth.

"You look at her curves and see her full belly and generous hips," Gouamba said. "It's very sexy."

Simpson said she gets e-mails from women who think they will never fall in love or have children because of their weight.

"I just say that's not true," Simpson said. "I would love to be a voice, so that people can see a woman of size having a regular family."

She said she also receives mail from people who say she is putting herself and her children at risk.

Simpson spends as much as $750 a week on groceries, suffers from Type 2 diabetes and struggles with basic tasks such as cooking and taking a shower.

But she dismisses critics who warn that her weight can lead to heart problems, aggravate her diabetes and cause pressure on her joints.

"I'm very healthy. I go to the doctor every three months," she said.

Simpson has battled weight issues all her life and was mercilessly teased. But after a friend died following complications from gastric bypass surgery, she decided to quit the dieting and the weight pills and eat what she wanted.

"I've always been comfortable with myself," she said. "It was just everybody else that wasn't comfortable with me."

(Editing by Ellen Wulfhorst and Xavier Briand)

I think her children should be taken away before she ruins there health. How can anyone be diabetic and say she is very healthy? The bf is also nuts. She's probably living on welfare. There sure are some nuts out there. She'll probably be on Oprah soon. Everyone should completely ignore her.

Had work today. Nothing exciting there. They did clean up my yard.

Faye, no new quilting projects; I'm still working on lap quilts for 3 friends (who could that be), my mystery quilt, the block of the month quilt, and my applique quilt. That should keep me busy for several months.

Jean, it's a shame they had to "improve" the property out of peoples pocketbooks. I guess if enough don't come back, they will have to lower their rates. It seems liked a bad business decision in these economic times to raise rates by much.

Maggie, ribs and corn - my mouth is watering!

Have a good evening!

Maggie 06-10-2010 11:45 PM

Night-time

JUST AFTER 10M & GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS :wave:

I was so sad this day and have been searching every where I could think of where I had been yesterday. I lost a charm. Not just any charm ~ my FOCUS charm which was gold with a turquose stone set near the top. Guess the last cleaning broke the solder apart from the ring holding it on. I have resigned my self that I have lost my FOCUS. I ordered a small silver tag to have engraved when it comes so I can have my FOCUS back. I also ordered a few more charms, measuring spoons, menu - good eats, bar bell weights, bow & arrow, tent trailer and camp coffee pot. They are still having their sale so I didn't spend a lot. :carrot: And I will make room on my bracelet to acomidate them. :cool:

SUSAN I think that gal needs to have her head examined for wanting to gain that much weight. She is a negative attention seeker to the max. You know if you lived closer I would say "come on down." But you live so far away I won't tempt you. :)

Have a lovely sleep Magnolias. :wave: I'll type at y'all later.