3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Women of Color #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/201096-women-color-3-a.html)

beaka 05-05-2010 05:48 AM

Women of Color #3

Let's keep the party going!!!

So glad to have all of you ladies to share with! :grouphug:

For any newbies, this is a super supportive thread tailored to the unique weight loss issues of women of color. Feel free to join in! :D

jigglefree 05-05-2010 09:01 AM

I'm excited about the weather getting warmer. I get more excited about working out. I'm going to be pushing for 3 liters of water today. I did it Monday and Tuesday. I want to make it a habit and it takes 27 days of doing something continuously for it to become a habit. I have 25 more to go. I'm working on 30 days of 30 Day Shred with no rest day. I will rest on day 31. I've been eating on plan and pushing to get in that size 16 in the next two weeks if not then definitely by Memorial Day.

Beaka - Thanks for starting a new thread. I'm sure you are still hyped about the 5k. What's next for you since you did that? Are you going to try for another one soon?

Brit 05-05-2010 10:56 AM

yay

Matilda08 05-05-2010 12:59 PM

Hello ladies we are on thread number three!!!!! COOL

I hope everyone is having a great week. Im working and doing well just getting into the habit of getting back on plan. Im so sore. What do you guys do to help with soreness??? I took step sculpt yesterday. Today is body to pump so tomorrow Ill be really sore but no pain no gain lol

PurdueGirl98 05-05-2010 08:36 PM

Matilda- I find that the more water I drink the less sore I am the next day, if I find Im in too much pain (you know when your thighs are so sore u can hardly stand) Ill take a hot bath and a couple ibuprofen before bed.

Matilda08 05-05-2010 09:54 PM

I took body to pump tonight and I am feeling it. Im getting back in the groove but my diet could be better.

Purdue- thanks I will try it because something has to give lol

I hope all is well, where is everyone ?????

beaka 05-07-2010 08:43 AM

Hey, Ladies! All is good my way. Been getting in some working out this week, but ate badly last night. Don't you hate it when you plan to splurge on calories and the fodd is terrible?! I went to this comedy show and we got wings and spinach dip. I swear these wings had no seasoning on them, the spinach dip tasted like some regular kraft cheese melted in a dish. I hate wasting calories!!!

Anywho...

jigglefree- yes, I'm running with my county's running group. I'll do another 5K with them in July. I'm in the beginning women's running group

Matilda- i think a lot of strething in addition to the water and hot showers/baths will help. And if you have a sauna at your gym, those help too.

Happy Friday Everyone!!! :carrot:

Matilda08 05-07-2010 09:36 AM

Happy friday everyone!!!

Thanks for the tips beaka!!!

Im feeling a lil better but still sore. I had a rest day yesterday and will probably do some walking today. I have got to get on plan and stay on plan 100% I dont know what my problem is.......my eating has been terrible.

jigglefree 05-07-2010 10:09 AM

Good Morning ladies!!
Glad to see everyone making progress!!
Matilda - I hope you feel better today. As for your eating, are you eating out a lot? Make sure all the food in the house is program friendly. Do you plan your meals? Not sure what your work schedule but try to pack all your food you will need while you are away from home. It will get easier.
Beaka - Yea I hate wasting calories too. I went to a restaurant and the food was horrible. I was very upset. That's cool about the running group. How did you find out about them?

I'm doing well and staying on task. My daughter's birthday is next Saturday and I have a pair of jeans I want to be wearing by then...I'm soooo close.

CakeBatter 05-08-2010 09:45 AM

I'm BACK and I MISSED you girls

Hey Ladies I have missed you

I am going to try and keep this short and sweet. So I haven't been online in about 3 weeks. I was a bit sick and just took a break from everything. However here I am on track and getting back in my daily routine. I feel so great!!!!! Without this thread, WW's, and my beloved running I could have never made it so far alone. Just like Beaka I could have never imagined myself a RUNNER and a semi-thin one at that. We have such a long was on such a hard road. I look forward to keep pressing on in the journey to stay healthy!!!! I have a Half Marathon (13.1M) and Marathon (26.2) planned for this year. I am so excited about this. It will be the biggest thing I have done thus far.

BEAKA My love!!!!!!! I wish that I could hug you. I just keep thinking back to when you were first starting out. Look at how awesome you look in your pics. You're an athlete girl.....FACE IT! I can't believe you did a whole 5K OBSTACLE course. Sheesh you AnIMAL THUG!!!!

:welcome2: to all the newbies....

Jiggle/Matilda/Brit:grouphug:

PrettyPearls 05-09-2010 03:47 PM

Hello Everyone!!!

I've been out of the loop for a few weeks too. I joined another WLS and seem to log on there a little more than here BUT I don't want to forget about my wonderful online friends that I met here. You guys were here when I first started out and I'll always check in here!!

Since I've been away, I have been sick with Strep throat and recovered and lost a bunch more weight. I'm working on some before and after pics now.

I'm up to jogging at least 3 miles 5 days/week. I can run a 5K in less than 40 minutes (which is major for me). My best mile is 12:11. When I first started I think my mile was around 17:something.

Cake: I'm running in a half marathon in February. I plan to run that Crescent City Classic again and really cut into that time. I'm hoping to cut 15-20 minutes off the time that I had this year. Glad you're back!

Matilda: looks like you are still hanging in there. Proud of you girl.

Bea: Girl you are rocking it!!! Keep up the awesome work. I remember when you were getting ready for your 1st run. Look at you now!

Brit: OMG.... I cannot believe how amazing you are doing!! You are really rocking it!! Your transformation is amazing. I'm glad to be here to watch. You are like a butterfly coming out of a cocoon!

beaka 05-10-2010 12:28 PM

Awww!!! Ya'll are gonna make me cry over here. It's amazing how far we've all come! You ladies have done more for me with your online support than anyone I know in real life with my weight loss. I did kinda fall off on the eating last week, but was still working out. I had a lot of social stuff, so I got stuck making bad choices. I got up this morning and went for a run, stopped and got some healthy groceries, and made myself a smoothie. Then, sitting down to read these awesome comments is just the icing on the cake to being back on plan. I got a little basil plant today too, if anyone has some recipes that you add basil too, give me some tips!

I'm really enjoying the running group. The ladies are nice, and I love that I'm actually able to keep up with my group, sometimes even in the front of it- even if I am in the slow group!

jigglefree- I found out about the running group from a co-worker. You can google running clubs in your state or county to see if you come up with something.

Cake- :hug: Maybe I am actually an athlete- never woulda thunk it! I KNOW you can do a full marathon! Animal thug it!!!!

CakeBatter 05-11-2010 10:25 PM

WELL LADIEEEES.....I am doing exceptionally well. I have been POP and feeling good again. I am just trying to get some thing together for my running club and getting enrolled in the ACE certification Study program. Plan to be certified in ACE and Zumba by November. I absolutely can't wait. Anyway I am so excited about the summer. This is only the second summer I am excited about in my adult life. No weight worries...sheesh

Beaka - It was so awesome talking with you. I am making my way there....so I hope you're excited!!!!

Pretty Pearls - That is awesome about your Half Marathon.I know you are on a new site now but YOU BETTER come back and tell us about it....lol

Brit 05-12-2010 11:54 AM

THANKS PRETTY!

all i gotta say is..insanity delivers!

its been a couple weeks since i measured myself and i have some inches lost..even though the scale hasnt moved much

i tried on a size 12 pants i found today..they came up and all but was tight and budging my waist when my buttoned them together..but either way i was shocked i could even fit my legs in them..i will make it one of my non-scale goals to fit in the comfortably..i still remember when i was wearing a size 24.

i hope these last 30 pounds really make a difference in my stomach and arms area even though i doubt it..once i hit my goal weight i will try to start toning up more

Matilda08 05-12-2010 02:05 PM

Hello ladies, Ive been doing ok hanging in there and working and just trying to stay op.

Beaka and Cake-you gals are doing a fab job. Keep it up. I know I should have been making more progress but Im happy that I havent given up. Just the fact that I still work out is a victory to me lol

Brit- dont be afraid to start toning up more now. It works wonders. I personally always see a difference in my body when im toning and doing cardio together. Keep up the good work though you girls are doing so great. Im trying to hand in there.

jiggle, pretty- hey!!!!!!!!!

energie 05-12-2010 10:35 PM

hey everyone~! Sounds like everyone is kicking butt! its been sometime since I last updated. Things are good with me. Been doing my 3 mile runs and walking a lot( 5-6x a week). I'm home from school so I've been going on interviews and keeping myself busy and sane lol.
:)

CakeBatter 05-13-2010 03:47 PM

Brit The fact of getting them on and closed is has always been a victory of mine. Seriously you are doing awesome. My goal was 150 as well but I think my body is comfy at 165 so I guess that is where I am staying.....I like your siggy "10 lbs at a time". You will see as you get closer it will be more like 5 lbs at a time because that little bit will make such a difference!

Matilda DAM RT not giving up and still working out is a victory. That is half the battle if not more.

Energie WTG to with your running and walking. You are staying very active. Do you have any summer plans?

I have WI tonight so we will see whats up. Most of the swelling from my surgery has gone down so I hope to have good results. I have been POP and it feels great!

Matilda08 05-16-2010 05:26 PM

Where is everyone I dont want to lose this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

Matilda08 05-16-2010 05:38 PM

Ive been having the hardest time staying on plan. Even though I go to the gym about three times per week my eating has just been so bad. Im gaining weight. I weighed in at 250 the other day. I just had so much going on during tax season and everything else that life throws our way. The good news is that I havent given up and even though I have gained weight I know that I am in better shape now than I had been. My body looks a lil different also I guess from the toning classes that I take but I really want to stop this roller coaster and try to get to my goal within the next year. I would love to break the 200lb mark. I really need the support. Please post about your ups and downs this site is a huge part of why I havent given up!

jigglefree 05-16-2010 09:45 PM

Hey Matilda,
It's been a busy weekend. It's my daughter's birthday today and I've spent the weekend getting everything in order.

Sorry to hear about how your eating plan is going. It's great that you haven't given up. A lot of people will give up. Keep going and stock your house and car with things that will help you get to plan. It's also good that you are still working out. The eating will catch up with the working out.

I have to decide how to get my workouts together for the summer. I will be going to work at 8 instead of 9 getting off at 5:15 with a day off. With a thirty minute lunch. I'm sure I can work something out. I don't want to give up the day off but I will have to see. If I can't get my workouts together I will give up the day off to keep my goal dates.

Brit 05-16-2010 10:35 PM

jiggle look at you..you have a nice shape!

matilda hang in there! do you know whats causing you to eat so bad?: if so try to find a positive way to change it

Matilda08 05-17-2010 09:05 AM

Hello girls! I had an ok day yesterday. Im just trying to get back on plan. Part of what had been causing me to eat bad is being extremely busy. But im getting back into things. My problem with losing weight has always been persistence and thats something I have to work on. I want to be in it for the long hall!!

Jiggle you do look fab in your profile pic!!

mytime2Bsuccessful 05-17-2010 01:21 PM

Hey Ladies, It's been a minute but im back.

This past few weeks have been rough. My eating and exercising have gone out the window. Today I am starting fresh and focused. My plan is to go hard for the next few months. I'm tired of making excuses.

I am starting a low carb diet today. I find this works best for me because it helps to cut down on my cravings for sweets. I also can drop weight well on a low carb plan.

Exercise will include 30 day shred, walking, and Wii fit.

Keep up the good work everyone.

starsparkle 05-17-2010 01:32 PM

I am new. How do I get my weightloss tracker to appear on my replies like you do?

Matilda08 05-17-2010 01:43 PM

star u have to be a member for a certain amount of days and post about 20-30 times.......not 100% but something in that department!

Welcome!!

grneyedmustang 05-17-2010 01:48 PM

Hi Ladies! I thought I would jump in and join you guys. I've been having a heck of a time getting my mojo back this year - and it's MAY. At least I haven't gained a ton, but I'm not where I want to be.

Good to see everyone!

jigglefree 05-17-2010 07:28 PM

Thanks ladies. I been working really hard becasue I gotta get my weight down before the family reunion in July. I'm really excited about the progress thus far. You guys have been very helpful in me making the progress.
Matilda - You are right about the number of posts and you have to be a member 20 days. The fact that you are sticking with the workouts says a lot about your desire to be persistent. That will really help you moving towards getting on plan eating wise.
Star - :welcome3: Jump in keep posting and learn as much as you can.
Mytime - Welcome back and you can do it.
Grneyed - You can get that mojo back girl...just start somewhere!! Either working out or changing your eating.

beaka 05-17-2010 09:04 PM

Hey, ya'll!!! Everything's good here. I've really been on my workouts and eating right (except for that fish sandwich and fries yesterday :o). I'm going home Friday, so I'm really trying to get it in, because I know there will be a couple of slip-ups. I'm mentally preparing myself to be on plan still though. The runnning group is really keeping me on it since I'm with them 3 days a week, but I'm running on my own more too. I've been on my No More Trouble Zones DVD 2-3 times a week since I got it too. My weight was 191.6 this morning, and I would be SO happy to see the 180s by the end of the month. I've been thinking about how I originally set my goal to be 180 (I set it lower now). I can't believe how close I am to where I started out wanting to be! I'm at about 60 lbs lost. It seemed SO big and SO hard when I started out. You just keep picking away pound by pound, and you wake up one day and realize how much of a difference it's made. I see a couple of people posted about getting a little off track. Just jump right on back in wherever you are. We all have times when we get of plan, but your still here. STILL STANDING! STILL STRONG!!! Ok... That was an Antwone Fisher moment.

Anywho... thanks for still being here, ladies! Let's keep it going!

caliyah 05-17-2010 11:34 PM

hey ladies!

great to see a lot of old members coming back! i'm glad to be back on 3FC after some time away.

the most important thing is that we are back at it and that we focus on staying on track from now on.

My past few days have been a bit rough, I went off plan yesterday a bit but I'm back on track. I am really working to get to onederland soon, it's been a struggle getting there. I was there last summer but stalled - now I'm trying to just keep going.

PurdueGirl98 05-18-2010 02:03 AM

Hello ladies, just wanted to check in...Ive been battling with a slight plateau, I havent lost any weight since the end of April, Ive been exercising 4 days per week although I will admit my eating has been shameful...I just cant resist fried food and its affecting my weight even though I stay within my calorie range for each day. So as of Sunday I gave up the fried food to see if I can go back to losing before the end of May.

Matilda08 05-18-2010 01:28 PM

Happy tuesday ladies!!!!!!

Im happy to see that more and more post are coming on! Ive been ok Ill workout tonight. Ive restarted my entire plan and just plan to stick it out and keep going. My goal is to shed 70 lbs. I know its possible.

My question to you gals are do you have any motivational things that help you through each day???? I think I need to take pics of myself naked lol that would motivate the heck out of me

I hope you are all having a great week!

Brit 05-18-2010 05:27 PM

i've been consistent with working out and staying OP..its liek second nature to me now.i'm finally out the 180's..now time to get out the 170's by the beginning of summer.i plan to be at my goal weight when school starts back in late august!i also want to do somthing big for my 19th birthday in august.. omg it sounds so close..me almost at 150 pounds?!normal weight?! NO WAY!! im so excited

caliyah 05-18-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matilda08 (Post 3296928)
Happy tuesday ladies!!!!!!

Im happy to see that more and more post are coming on! Ive been ok Ill workout tonight. Ive restarted my entire plan and just plan to stick it out and keep going. My goal is to shed 70 lbs. I know its possible.

My question to you gals are do you have any motivational things that help you through each day???? I think I need to take pics of myself naked lol that would motivate the heck out of me

I hope you are all having a great week!

Hey Matilda - u can do it! I just focus on how I want to make it through the week before my splurge day. I also focus on my end goal - and how I'm worth it and deserve the best. I know maybe that sounds lame but maybe find an outfit you want to fit into and focus on that?

Anyway ladies --- just a story I wanted to share. I go to this gym where i pay about $20 a month on top of that I just signed up for a fitness bootcamp where I pay around $80 a month. I decided to give up some other unnecessary things to make sure I invest in myself. Anyway these women at the gym told me that I'm crazy to pay so much and that it's not worth it financially! They told me how could I pay money for someone to yell at me (I signed up to a fitness bootcamp where I weigh in every week) -- I was surprised.....I mean aren't we worth it? They told me you should be self motivated to stick to it. Frankly there is nothing better than being in an environment around people who are super serious about weight loss no matter what the cost. I've spent SO MUCH money eating out and on junk food in the past why shouldn't I spend money on getting myself fit no matter what it takes. Have people reacted to you in the same way before?

Matilda08 05-19-2010 08:17 AM

Caliyah- thanks for the kind words, yeah I pay 50 a month for my gym membership but I feel that its well worth it. I love love the gym I attend. The best part is that its strictly females and the instructors know just how to get the areas us women need to focus on.

Brit- you are really doing the darn thang!!!!! go head girl you need to post more pics!!!!

Ive lost a few lbs this week but im sure its from the official new start. today I weighed in at 246 down from 150 so Ill take that!

Keep up the good work ladies, more than you know it helps me!

jigglefree 05-19-2010 10:32 AM

Hey Ladies,
Brit - You are doing great. Please post some pictures so we can see all that hard work.
Matilda - Congrats on the pounds lost so far. As for my motivation: All over my house are signs of my goal and the date I want to get there. It's on the frige, bathroom mirror, dresser, closets, the baby's room, the only place it's not is my car. I also do the calorie counting challenges. The ladies have been extremely motivating and if you post regularly or least read the posts daily you can stay motivated. I also took naked pics of myself and look at them often. I do that monthly and it is amazing to see the rolls of fat disappearing. It's truly profound how your body will change...in ways only you can see. I look at myself in the mirror a lot so I can see the progress I've made so far and it keeps me going cause I want to see how I will look at a size 10. YOU CAN DO IT!! We are going to be here to cheer you on!!
Caliyah - Yes we are worth it. I think whatever the cost we pay for our health is very very worth it.

I've been on plan except for the fish and hush puppies last night. I've been working out hard because I really want to be smaller by the family reunion. It would be nice to be in a 14 by then but I think with my schedule change at work for June and July it may be August before I get there. I will pursue it for the fourth of July though. I can always change my birthday goal if I get there early.

mytime2Bsuccessful 05-19-2010 03:23 PM

Hey Ladies,

It's good to see that everyone is doing good.

Jiggle Great job on the size 16.

This week has been great so far, food and exercise on point.

To all my natural ladies- I'm still transitioning, its been about 8 months so far and I'm loving it.

Continue the good work ladies...

caliyah 05-19-2010 04:44 PM

still on plan ladies! = ) great 2 see everyone on plan and sticking to it. i've been really trying to work hard on getting my workouts in i feel thats whats helped me the most! = )

Brit 05-19-2010 06:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
thanks ladies..here are some recent pics of my body..the first pic was when i was 286lbs..the last 2 were taken recently(excuse the sweat, i just got done working out)..every bone that was covered in fat is finally coming more pronounced..collarbone,legs shaping,arms,etc

jigglefree 05-19-2010 09:10 PM

Brit - You look fantastic!! Keep up the good work. It is amazing to see how far you have come!!

caliyah 05-19-2010 11:10 PM

wow Brit you look amazing! how long did it take u?