3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Women of Color #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/201096-women-color-3-a.html)

jigglefree 07-27-2010 02:11 PM

Brit - I think you should talk with your dr before doing anything. You said you've been dizzy for a couple months so I think you need to find what's going on so you can be sure you don't do any damage.
Matilda - You can't loose momentum! You've been doing so well. So dig deep and go hard. I know it's a little frustrating but you can do this,you are going to keep up the flow:cheer2:!!!
Cake - Good to see you!!! I'm still running my mile a day I hope to be up to 15+ total miles run for July and August...I'm at 7 so far.

Life is good and progress is slow but it's moving along. I'm thinking it may be labor day before I get to that size 14 but I heading in the right direction.

Let's keep it going...summer is winding down and so is the weight!!!:carrot::beach:

Slim CB 07-28-2010 12:27 PM

Where is everyone???? Roll call for all Women of Color!!

jigglefree 07-28-2010 03:09 PM

I'm here. Working out and eating on plan. I've been eating more protein lately and my body is responding well. I'm sure the Mexican food I ate last night put me over the calorie limit by about 200 calories but I enjoyed it. I ran my mile today and will be riding the stationery bike after work. I gotta get this body down to a size 10 by Christmas at the latest.

fivestone 07-28-2010 04:08 PM

I'm here. It's been a rough week...I've been tired and strange-feeling and we had a crazy weekend... but finally now I'm down to the 150s. I really hope to be at or close to goal by the time I head to America for a visit in September.

Brit 07-28-2010 08:51 PM

thanks ladies

i've still been on plan and just doing walking for my workout..nothing too extreme...im almost out the 160's

fivestone 07-28-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brit (Post 3409024)
thanks ladies

i've still been on plan and just doing walking for my workout..nothing too extreme...im almost out the 160's

good idea. are you going to see the cardiologist?

Slim CB 07-29-2010 09:51 AM

Great to see everyone is still around and doing well. I am still on plan too and will be hitting it hard at the gym for the rest of this week and next week as I will be going on vacation for 2 weeks starting next Friday.

Matilda08 07-29-2010 10:49 AM

Hello ladies! Im doing just OK could be better. I guess being in the 230s so long is depressing. Its part my fault but Im not giving up. August has to be better. I havent been at the gym since monday. But ive been doing good diet wise. Im at 236 today my lowest was 234 so I guess its not THAT bad but still. 229 is something I want to see!

Brit 07-29-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivestone (Post 3409070)
good idea. are you going to see the cardiologist?

yes i will make an appointment soon

Brit 07-29-2010 11:41 AM

im so ready for all this period weight to drop so i can see what i really weigh! i know its out the 160's, i just wanna see it already!

Matilda08 07-30-2010 09:56 AM

Whats up chicks????

This was not a great month for me. I was hoping to be out of the 230s but that didnt happen. I didnt exercise as much as I planned. I aimed for 20 workouts per month and i think ive only done 12-13 i also have had days where my eating wasnt crazy but I could have made better choices. Yesterday I was 236 not bad but I have to keep pressing on.

How is everyone doing? We have to keep this thread alive!

Slim CB 07-30-2010 10:02 AM

I am doing well. Saw a 2lb drop this morning so yay for me. 18lbs in 10 weeks...could be better but its a lifestyle change so I guess losing it slowly is not such a bad thing.

beaka 07-31-2010 12:46 PM

Guess who's biz-ack!

Here I am... crawling back... :rolleyes:

I have missed you ladies!!! I feel bad about not posting, but I see you ladies have been being consistent and there are quite a few new posters. SO proud of you all! You ladies are rockin it!!! :grouphug:

Brit, you looking good. And I see several ladies are getting it in on the running!!!

I've been feeling like my life has been moving faster than I am lately!!! A lot of change has been happening. I did get promoted to a permanent position here that I start Monday, so I'll still be in the DMV. I've still been working out, but my eating hasn't been on point. I have good and bad days with being on plan. I think I'm at about 192. The plan is to really kick it up for my birthday- August 23rd! I was out of power for a few days earlier this week. Lost all the food in my fridge, but I did go and stock up on health good stuff at Trader Joe's. The bad thing is that I was eating fast food earlier this week when I had no power. My next running program doesn't start until August 14th, so I'm trying to stay on it until then. I want to feel like I'm at my best on my b-day. So I'm gonna be posting on here more, and if you see me falling off, PLEASE kick my butt back into gear. Harass me on FB/Twitter/text/email whatever you have to do, because I need some accountability!!! I don't know why we do this to ourselves!!! I know when I eat right and exercise, the weight falls off. It just seems that life and convenience get in the way. Everyday will be a struggle- possibly for the rest of my life, but I know the benefits are worth it!

Love ya, ladies! Keep doing your thang!!!

Matilda08 08-01-2010 01:41 PM

Beaka- hey we missed you!!! Congrats on your promotion. I know the feeling but you can get right back in the game:)

I reached a new low today 233 I know its only a pound but Ive been stuck for the longest. Hopefully this month i will welcome the 220s!

fivestone 08-01-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglefree (Post 3408498)
I'm here. Working out and eating on plan. I've been eating more protein lately and my body is responding well. I'm sure the Mexican food I ate last night put me over the calorie limit by about 200 calories but I enjoyed it. I ran my mile today and will be riding the stationery bike after work. I gotta get this body down to a size 10 by Christmas at the latest.

Sounds like you've totally been working your plan! You've been doing so much running, and I'll bet you're in great shape.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim CB (Post 3409744)
Great to see everyone is still around and doing well. I am still on plan too and will be hitting it hard at the gym for the rest of this week and next week as I will be going on vacation for 2 weeks starting next Friday.

Hope you have fun on your vacation -- where are you headed? In the meantime you have a great attitude toward your exercise -- I've practically had to drag myself to work out some days... I guess it's the heat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaka (Post 3413529)
I've been feeling like my life has been moving faster than I am lately!!! A lot of change has been happening. I did get promoted to a permanent position here that I start Monday, so I'll still be in the DMV.

Congrats!!!!!! :carrot: That's so awesome about your job, especially in this economy. Hope things go well for you getting back OP! Maybe having the security with your new job will be kind of one less thing to stress about, so it will be easier to focus on working your plan? Either way, I wish you well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matilda08 (Post 3414966)
I reached a new low today 233 I know its only a pound but Ive been stuck for the longest. Hopefully this month i will welcome the 220s!

Hey, congrats! I know the 230s had really frustrated you but it feels good to hit a new low! You'll be in the 220s before you know it!

For me personally, I'm doing OK. I could be exercising a lot more than I am, but lately it's been hard to feel motivated. I did go hiking with my husband yesterday, and I can still feel the after effects -- there were some really steep points along the journey. And I plan to step things up with the exercise this week. Still losing at a decent rate, and I'm only a couple of pounds from being halfway. I like looking in the mirror and not feeling "big" anymore. Especially living in a place where there are so many small European women, I would really feel huge some days. But I don't feel that anymore, thank goodness.