Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 01:14 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Default These Cows Have Horns

...and pitchforks! We're all goin' ta he** now, Frappie.

They just keep adding smilies, I can't keep up !

Tomorrow we are going to the Bangor Folk Festival(Click here) . It is a national festival; this is the first time it's been held in Bangor. We're staying with my skinny cleanie dietitian friend. I won't be asking her about the benefits of fasting.

But I have been doing some reading, on that site of Frappe's and also I picked up a book yesterday. I'm thinking that one form or another of fasting might be a good idea for me. We'll see.

Did school shopping for DD yesterday. Spent lots of moola as usual. She got a pair of these massively wide pants with drawstrings. Honestly the leg hems are each easily wide enough to be skirts. If she pulled the drawstrings tight around the bottom hems, and pumped helium into the pants, we could launch her. She paid for these frightening things herself.

She also got a t-shirt with a goofy bunny on the front that says "Cute But Psycho -- It All Evens Out" Hm.

Anyway, she's happy. :

Later, ladies.
Kiwi (Click here)
Old 08-23-2002, 02:04 PM   #2  

Kiwi, I was so happy to see that my bank is helping sponsor the festival. I hope you appreciate it.
Old 08-24-2002, 11:06 AM   #3  

Hey cowsies, DH & I are off to the beach for a week of doing nothing. Hopefully we won't bore each other to tears. I'm not sure we know how to do this relaxing thing anymore. We're out of practice.

See ya in September!
Old 08-24-2002, 12:07 PM   #4  
fatter than U

Thumbs down September's in a week??

Where does the time go? Seems like only yesterday it was June.

Well, I "volunteered" to "help put up some bulletin boards" at the ds's school yesterday afternoon. Turns out that these bulletin boards weren't even made yet - all 31 of them, each about 3 x4 feet. Since this school has nada money for beautification projects, someone got the building centre to donate the materials. So...guess what I ended doing? Sawing pieces of wood on an angle with one of those special saw thingies (the name escapes me) so they'd fit around the boards. Geez! What do I look like, a carpenter? I sweated buckets, must've been 100 degrees in there but actually it was better than what the others had to do - measure and cut out pieces of cork and paste them on the board with sloppy cork glue which didn't even stick that well. Total number of boards finished in two hours - 2! Only 29 to go. They were trying to round up people to come in again on Monday but I figure in a school of 12 grade 1 to 4 classes there must be someone else who could take a turn?

Have a wonderful time, Wabby! Got to go check out Kiwi's link.

Sugar P

P.S. I dressed up you-know-who in a very un-PC outfit (ok, it was the one with the red accessories) and my computer crashed!

Last edited by SugP; 08-24-2002 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-25-2002, 10:32 AM   #5  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I' ve been reading your posts and I think you people are having lives that make sense and I am JEALOUSSSS so stop it.

I am tired. I came to see if Frappy told us about her juice diet.Did she? I want to try it.

I became a volunteer at ds's school on Thursday since I learned long ago that everyone ignores me on that day anyway. And I took ds to this teenage church thing that I thought was from 6:30 to on Wednesdays. He loved it and it's from 6:30 to 8:45.

I am a chauffeur. Bye.
Old 08-25-2002, 01:22 PM   #6  
fatter than U

Talking Hi Peachy!!!

Don't be jealous, my life is just as mundane and boring as ever. Plus I keep breaking out into a sweat at inappropriate moments. I must be peri-menopausal or something. Now that would really take the cake.

Did ds meet any nice girls at the teen group? Soon they'll be lining up at your door. Scary thought, isn't it?

Ds9 developed a fever today - must have picked up some bug at the youth hostel. No school for him tomorrow.

Where's the rest of yous cows?
Old 08-25-2002, 01:39 PM   #7  

Default ok I haven't left yet

I tried on my rodeo jeans and they still fit. This just means that I'm at the exact amount of blubber as last year. No more, but certainly no less. I just sent off for a Walk Away the Pounds w/ Leslie Sansone video. It should be here when I get back from vacation. So I think all of you cows should order one and we'll all walk away the pounds together. Whattaya think?

Searchers have found the body of one person at the prime suspects house here in the search for the 2 girls that disappeared in our town. They are still searching the property for other remains. If you see the police chief on the news, he is my ex-next door neighbor. He is really a sweet man, and I know this has really taken a toll on him.

Sugar, we're leaving on the 26th, and staying until Labor Day, so it will be September when we get back. Right? Our house will be occupied w/ DD, friends, our vicious guard dog, and our nosy neighbors checking in, so I hope it's all in one piece when I get back.

I'm just going to post my weight at the bottom of my posts from now on. I've gone up and down so many times I really have no starting weight and no goal. I just want it to be less than yesterday.

158 Yikes!
Old 08-25-2002, 02:54 PM   #8  
fatter than U

Unhappy Ugh!

I just read about them finding those remains a couple of hours ago, Wabby. Those poor little girls. At least they've most likely found them now so their parents can reach some kind of closure. And then there's those two girls in England killed by the school's caretaker. I just don't get it. It's too awful to comprehend

158 sounds good to me. I've mysteriously lost a few lbs. this week - probably just from sweating. We'll see. The belly is still hanging out, though. Prime candidate for abdominoplasty here. Would just have to go on a fund raising mission first. Or I guess I could try sit-ups.

Did anyone notice that they have a men's forum here now? Shall we go over there and flirt?

Later, cows!

Sugar P
Old 08-25-2002, 08:00 PM   #9  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Sug, your life is NOT mundane. You are in a beautiful foreign country. I am in Florida. See the difference? I think there were some babes at that church thing but I doubt ds spoke to them. Yet.:tomato: They have food here. Yum.
Old 08-25-2002, 09:24 PM   #10  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

I am here just have been busy as usual. Wabby it is so sad about Miranda and Ashley. I feel for the parents but also for the Ward Weavers daughter. How is she suppose to feel? Like Father like Son so what about the Son of Ward Weaver? How long has he know that his Dad did it?
Sug P what about the 2 girls in England? I just heard they were missing...
OK I went to Long Beach yesterday and they had the kite festival going on there. I loved watching the kites flown to the music. It was very awe inspiring. The water was cold but I did play in it by myself. I have not been to the beach in 4 years so I was really happy. DH didn't see what was so fun about it. He prefers the mountains and noone around. I was OK but what about the kids? He would prefer to hike a mile to middle of no where. Sorry I want a potty and a bed with pillows!
I am skipping Church tonight have potty problems again. I think it might be the soda I am drinking.
The kids start school on the 4th and that is when I am back OP. I can start walking again and eatting the right way. I will have my In-Laws with us for a week so I might gain a few anger pounds there!!! . OK have a nice night everyone!
Daphne
Old 08-25-2002, 11:19 PM   #11  
The magic shrinking cow

Wabby, I just saw the story about those two girls. I am so sorry, I was praying for a better resolution. Those poor girls and their poor families. I'm sorry for your whole town.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:49 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh I just spent half an hour writing a message and it got rejected for too many smilies, and I lost it.

Kiwi
Old 08-28-2002, 05:09 PM   #13  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Kiwi how many smiles did you use? I have done that before also but have no idea how many we can use. It is warm here today and I have to go to Portland in a few hours. I have to take my son back to his Dads I might take him first thing in the morning because it will be cooler and I wont sweat to death. I have to be home around noon because the in-laws will be here then. I will know more tonight. I wish his Dad had to make a half *** trip to meet us. I still hate the legal system. Hope to see more postings! Daphne
Old 08-28-2002, 05:42 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Brain puddle

That would describe me right now. I actually forgot that I never did post anything. We had a great weekend at the Folk Festival -- we saw Tibetan opera , Afghan lute playing and dancing, 6 kinds of fiddling, 4 kinds of guitar playing, Hawaiian guys in orange diapers , Irish music, Gaelic music, zydeco, "dieselbilly" and more. It was a lot of fun. We even heard DD playing guitar and singing with her friend. Well, that wasn't at the festival -- that was late in the evening at our friends' house where we stayed.

School started today! Yay!! DD is in high school. Oh my god!!

I smell like pine cleaner. I got down on my hands and knees and scraped the cr** off the bathroom floor. I wonder how long it's been since I cleaned behind that toilet. It weren't perty.

Oh, did you hear that CBS is going to do a reality show based on the Beverly Hillbillies?!!! They're going to take a rural low-income family and move them to Beverly. What a hoot!

Kiwi
Old 08-29-2002, 07:34 AM   #15  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Gosh, Kiwi, I'm excited about that. How do I apply?

Today I am spending my second day as a school volunteer. I've also been trying to contact volunteers in general to write about them. I find a LOT of them don't want attention and may be pretty rude about it.

One woman spoke harshly and said she wouldn't talk to me without permission from her supervisor. Well, duh, where did I get her name and phone number. A young man went home and told him mom that he had screwed up the interview and she called asking what I was up to. One woman tried to climb in the closet when her supervisors set up the interview and I showed up.

See yous. Gots to go.
Closed Thread