Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 06:08 PM   #16  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey, BerryFrappe, put them houseguests to work, girl! My mother used to offer to "clean" things when she came to visit, by which she meant throw out some of my junk. I never let her near it, but maybe I should have.

Today I want everyone to know that I cleaned out a drawer in my dresser, which was chock full of turtlenecks, transferred them to one of my lovely underbed storage thingies (yes, I know Flylady would shudder ), and filled up the drawer with (part of) the pile of clothes that was on my cedar chest. I had to weed out some stuff from the storage box, such as a couple of bathing suits whose elastic made crackling noises and a white halter top which may fit DD.

I think I'll wait til school starts to get going on my whatever it may turn out to be. Hey Frappe, send me that fasting url, or insert in a message, ok?

Did you notice that the :sheep: has turned around to face us? And all the other new smilies? Isn't it wonderful!!

tata Kiwi
Old 08-21-2002, 08:07 PM   #17  
The magic shrinking cow

Hi there! Again!

(I don't mind what teachers make, I just wish they would stop acting like they make so much less than other college-educated professionals. Teachers deserve what they make because they have to deal with parents!)

I wish I was making progress. Well, maybe I am, a little. I wish it was quick and magical, though.

I didn't tell y'all I finally read "The Pilot's Wife." It was very good!

I need to visit half.com. Maybe I can get some new reading material and unload some of my books. I'm probably more likely to buy than sell.

Kiwi, I so agree about vinyl siding. Vinyl siding makes even nice houses look like they were just unloaded off a truck. Which is fine if you're into that look. I'm not.

Also, I do have AOL. My name is janasaint. I'll even turn it on if I think people are on!
Old 08-22-2002, 10:10 AM   #18  
Dysfunctional Queen

Let's let everyone see! www.fasting.com
Ole Dennis is a hoot! He only eats one meal a day (vegetarian, of course) to maintain the "perfect Ferrari that is [his] body." Now MY body is a perfect U-Haul, so I have to eat MANY meals a day!
What machine are you???????????????
Old 08-22-2002, 10:54 AM   #19  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I'm a waffle iron

Nope, not a waffle iron, I'm a CrockPot! Mostly I just sit around and stew.

I have to take the youngster to the big city today and buy overpriced office products and tight jeans. Yes, I know I could spend about a third as much if I made the effort, but that would require preplanning and thought. Me, I'm just gonna drive and hand over the credit card at appropriate moments. :hypno2:

Yeah, Cherry, your name came up when I looked up AOL screen names of email addresses I had. Mine, oddly enough, is ScotsElbow. Dopey, but true. Scots not being a name, but an ancestry. You should definitely go to half.com. It's amazing what you can find sometimes. I just sold an old kid's paperback for 75c plus postage. Granted I'm not getting rich, but somebody is getting what they want for a really low price, and my costs are covered. The other day DD got a CD she wanted for $1 (and about $1.45 postage I think).

Later gators
Kiwi
Old 08-22-2002, 12:43 PM   #20  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i saw myself in a reflection of a store window uptown and here is what i deduced----when i get FAT, i don't balloon out in the gut and arms and arse---i just sloooooooowly widen at every angle,and widen and widen and eventually all the angles square off into the shape of a REFRIGERATOR BOX.That is it--- i look like a big rolling fridge box trollying down the mainway---EVERYONE LOOOOOK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HERE COMES THE FRIDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this MUST stop.sosososososo---miss berrypants,I AM A REFRIDERATOR,AND MY FRIEND BIG COW IS A STACKABLE WASHER AND DRYER--------SORRY TO GROSS EVERYONE OUT EARLIER,BUT IF I MUST SUFFER,SO MUST THE HERD.......I AM GOING TO THE FASTING SITE NOW,IS IT IN MARGUERITAVILLE???? KIWI ---YOU KNOW THAT YOU AND I ARE THE ONES WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN PADDLING THAT BOAT----WITH REAL MARGIES!!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 12:44 PM   #21  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

I Like that word---reFRIDerator---i am going to start using it.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:34 PM   #22  
Dysfunctional Queen

Fun for all:
www.jesusdressup.com
Old 08-22-2002, 02:12 PM   #23  

Default Reflecting on reflections

Bagzie, stay AWAY from those big windows. I work at a glass shop that has huge sheets of mirrors stacked against the wall. I never see myself in the reflection. I've trained myself that way. It's selective eyesight. I did see myself in a photo, though. Think of an appliance that is round on top, supported by skinny legs. Actually my legs aren't skinny, they just look that way in comparison to my body. Picture humpty dumpty.

Hey, they've got a smily of me driving my new car!
Closed Thread