3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   ~~ The Thin Group #86 ~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/18774-%7E%7E-thin-group-86-%7E.html)

Sassy 08-14-2002 09:23 AM

Hi all,
Gosh things sure are slow around here, but hopefuly they will pick up soon. I see we are moving to a different server this weekend. Did you all read Suzanne's post? If not read it to see about the change.

Well I went to my WW meeting and as expected gained 7.2 lbs, which is no surprise considering all the eating out ect I have done these past few weeks. Trying to get back on track this week, but now have a class reunion in Michigan we are going to, probably tomorrow. Gosh when will it end. Oh well I just have to deal with it and try my best. I have just been so busy with work and going all the time. I am off in a while on the road. I love it when I actually get to be home. There is no place like home is there?

Sylvia-You go girl, I am sure when you go to your dietitian that you will surprise yourself. Let us know how it goes. I loved you little verse, my feelings exactly. Thanks so much.

Carolyn/Reg-Yes we have Laura's Lean Beef in the stores around here. I have never tried it, cause it is a bit more expensive. But I guess if you only get a little bit for yourself and let the rest of the family eat the fattier stuff, it would work for me. LOL So now you are up with the rest of the world eh? We have cable internet and I just love it so much. It is sooooo fast, like you say, faster than the speed of light. Well maybe not that fast, but pretty fast.

Hey where the heck is everyone? Jellooooooooooooooooooooooo are you in Scotland now or what? Post and let us know how you are doing. And Miss CJ, where are you? What are you doing and what have you been up to. Are you in Calfornia? Post when you can and I have been thinking about you and hope that you are doing ok. So sorry again about your niece. My prayers are with you and your family. Everyone come back and post with us. Peggy and Judy and Carolyn/CH-WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?

Take care and love you guys, Sharon :dizzy:

CJ 08-14-2002 04:32 PM

Hi y'all ...

Just a shortie post for now ... thank you for the well wishes on the death of my niece ... It's been a very depressing week ... just can't get her off my mind. It seems every movie that I turn to on tv is about someone dying of cancer ...

I promise I will be in much better spirits next week and will post more. I just wanted to say hi to everyone ... we've had some nasty storms this week too and I have kept off the computer -

I see where the forum is going to be down for a few days ... just wanted to remind you all of our "private" forum ... I still have that and if you have lost or forgotten the address here it is:

www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Sauna/4797/forum

there is a password to get in: friends

So if anyone needs to post, you can go here.

Then too don't forget that there is a public forum on our website too! no password is needed.

I'll talk to you all soon when I am in a better state of mind. Love you all dearly.

Love, CJ

CH 08-14-2002 09:05 PM

CJ so sorry to hear about your loss. Like you it scares me to hear so much about cancer. A friend of mine at school has breast cancer, she is undergoing chemo now. She gets so sick with it and we don't know what to do for her. It's very frustrating. I am getting "new computer fever" also. I guess I'd better put in on the back burner for right now. It's insurance and tuition time.

Sassy I to read Suzanne post, not that I understood it all. I will just stay off for the week-end and hope I can get back on next week. You are so lucky to get to travel as much as you have. don't worry about your diet, you can get back on track when you get home. You have done it before and I know you can do it again.

I went to WW on Tuesday, I loss 6/10 of a pound. I know some of it had to do with the meds I was on last week. Hopefully I will lose more this week. I also have given up my hormones but am beginning to have hot flashes again. Now I am here to tell you I will go back on those puppies before I will start "flashing" again. I have decided you're da----ed if you do and da----ed if you don't.

Jo where are you????????????? We miss you.

Made a chicken soup and cool whip dessert and took it to school today for the 4 WW I eat lunch with. It was good if I say so myself. We'll eat leftovers tomorrow. I love to cook (most of the time) so it's good to share with people who enjoy it.

Will sign off now so all you others who haven't posted will start now. Ready, set go-----------------------------------Carolyn

aivlys 08-16-2002 01:18 AM

Hello ladies!

Well, I made it to my nutritionist appointment ... I lost 1.6 pounds. I thought it was going to be more than that....all of my clothes are getting loose and all I lost was 1.6 pounds. For some reason I thought it was going to be more than just that. I know I should be happy that it's a loss and not a gain. Is it possible to lose inches and not weight? I know that muscle weighs more than fat but I really haven't been doing any weight lifting. Oh well, I 'll take any loss I can get!!

A little news on the job front....I'm still unemployed but went for a job interview this morning. I have no idea if I'm going to get it but ... que sera sera.

YOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOO(echo) .... where is everyone!?!?!

Carolyn(CH)- You are quite the Martha Stewart of the group...aren't ya?:D

CJ- I'm sorry to hear about your niece. You are all in my prayers.

Sharon- 7.2 pounds is better than 10 .... they will fall off just like that (snapping fingers). Hang in there girl ....

Well ladies, I'm off to bed. Hopefully there will be more people posting before the server change.

Sylvia

Trish 08-16-2002 10:27 AM

Hi!

TGIF! I have off from work today!

Is anyone enjoying this HOT, dry weather we can't seem to escape? The grass and flowers are so brown and parched.

I only gained about three lbs. on my vacation. Now I have to get motivated and start losing again.

CJ, sorry to hear about your niece.

Jo, I'm CURIOUS. Are you DOING YOUR OWN THING and deserting us for another group? Say it isn't so! Come back and post with us once in a while.

Sorry I don't have time to address everyone individually now. Hope all of you have a good weekend. Make sure you read the post from Suzanne about the change to a new server this weekend.

Trish

aivlys 08-19-2002 11:57 AM

:mad: What happened to my other post?!?!? I hate it when they don't go through. Hmmmm, must be Monday!!!

Just popping in to say hello!! I know you are all probably working out ..... :cb: It's getting pretty quiet in here!!!

Well ladies, I've got to run .... doing laundry and other lovely housework fun stuff that I've been putting off (mopping). Oh joy :dancer: It keeps me from eating.:cbg:

:flow1: I hope you all have a wonderful day! :flow2:

Sylvia :dance:

Regency919 08-20-2002 04:22 PM

Hi Ladies...... I am back!!!!!! Just testing the system.... I have been locked out.... will be right back.....

Regency919 08-20-2002 05:29 PM

Hi Ladies.....

I changed my email address and made the changes with my profile only I put in the wrong email address.... :doh: so I haven't been able to post for awhile.... not knowing what was wrong... but now I am back.

I don't want anyone to think I am "leaving" the Thin Group and you fine ladies.... but I did just post with another group. "Dieting with Health Problems" everyone there is diabetic... as I read their posts and realized that I am in "denial" I thought it best that I post with them also.... I need to get my head on straight and walk the walk.... I am goofing up and eating alot that I am not suppose to be.... and if Joanna comes in here and reads this I am toast.... Mom will read me the riot act or maybe not.... I am a big girl now.... but I know that Joanna is afraid for me and only looking out for me and my health.... so I am taking another action and maybe posting with them will help me too.

I am so looking forward to vacation.... I leave Friday morning for Kentucky and then we are all leaving for South Carolina on Saturday morning for some R & R. No work for 11 days!!!!!
:dance: :hat: ahhhhh yes.....

Carolyn (CH) - Good for you on your .6 loss.... !!!:cp: We all know its better than a gain and you'll probably lose more this week... good luck!!

SLYVIA - Good luck in the job hunt.... heres to you!!!:cp:

I am closing for now and hopefully tomorrow will be another day... a good day with my sugar..... !!!:cp:

Ah yes where is Jo?????? I thought she was going to Scotland in October... I could be wrong..... but dang she has been gone for awhile now.... JO??????????

Love to all.... Carolyn:cool:

Jello 08-21-2002 09:10 AM

Ahem....

Hello? (Tapping microphone) Is this thing on? Hello?

Remember me? :cool: It is I, Jo. Yes, I'm still around. And I do still come here and read almost every day. (Lurk, lurk, lurk.) Big sister is watching!!

At first, I didn't post because I was so far off the wagon, I lost sight of the wagon trail! I knew there was nothing I could offer, no advice I could give. And I admit that I was feeling too sorry for myself to realize that I could probably GET advice from you brilliant guys! :^:

Then I found a new weight loss program offered by my gym. I went in and found out about it and talked to a couple people and it sounded really great. Then I got the price tag! :fr: One of the reasons I left WW was the $12 a week. This 10-week program comes out to about $30 a week - and that's the "sale" price.

I was up and down, couldn't decide. I was going to do it. Then not. Then yes. Then no. I drove up to the gym to sign up and then sat in the car on the phone with Rich still trying to decide. Then he talked to me about how I'm obsessed with trying to lose weight and I should try it and it's only money, etc. etc. Was I worth 300 bucks???

You bet I am! :smug:

I signed up. Was going to come in and tell you guys but I was still so unsure. Not about the program. It sounds really good - talks about body fat percentages, balancing carbs with proteins, time of day we eat, WHY we eat (a biggie!), exercise (cardio vs. resistance training), etc. etc. etc. It's a lot of info for my tiny little brain. But I went through EXTENSIVE interviews and forms and questionnaires and it came up with a program just for me. 75% carbs (love my breads and starches) compared to 15% proteins and 10% fats. And it's more based on losing fat, increasing lean muscle and not so much on weight loss. That's almost like an added bonus.

So anyway, I've been trying to get my bearings and get back on track and make sense of some of this stuff. I meet with my trainer one-on-one once a week but don't weigh in or get measured until weeks 5 and 10. For me, it's a good thing. Keeps me from the "I only have to eat right until after weigh-in" way of thinking. WW was an excellent program and I'll always be an advocate of it (I still count points) but this program adds to that the exercise and muscle mass building aspect. Hey, for this kind of $$$, it better be complete. And I admit, I'm shallow. I want to LOOK good.

Yikes! I'm rambling on like I never left, eh? :rolleyes: I apologize.

Thank you to all of you who asked about me. As I said, I do check in here all the time. I do love you guys! :love: Oh, and about Scotland ... only 9 more days!!!!! :D We leave on August 30. You who know me best know that the obsessing has begun and will only get worse.... Stay tuned.

And I promise to stay tuned too.

Much love, Jo.

CH 08-21-2002 09:17 PM

Jo so great to hear from you. We all knew you were up to something. Glad you're back. Keep us posted on how you are doing. I wish you the very best. You really can't beat WW but I am getting tired of this slow slow loss. It's discouraging but I know $30.00 is out of the question for me. You are right about the exercise, we all could use more of it. Let's be honest here, I hate sweating. I can't figure out how to exercise without sweating. Have a great time in Scotland. That sounds like a tremendous trip. I am jealous.

Speaking of sweating, I have decided to go off my hormones. The hot flashes are back. I am 57 years old, I shouldn't have to put up with this. It puts me in a very bad mood. If anyone has any suggestions for me I would appreciate them. If the flashes don't stop I may go back on hormones. Sometimes you just can't win.

The weather here is still miserable. If there has been any rain it's in spots. My spot has not seen any in 2 weeks. My flowers, bushes and grass are all the same color-------brown. And if that isn't bad enough-------this weather makes me SWEAT!!!!!!

So much for my bad mood. Sorry. I will try to do better next time.
Love to you all, Carolyn

Regency919 08-23-2002 09:10 AM

Hi Ladies......

I am only stopping in to let you know that I will be gone until after Labor Day..... We are headed for Myrtle Beach..... I am going to KY to pick up mom, Joanna and Tim and we are headed to the beach come Saturday morning..... take care everyone.....

JO - Great to hear from you!!!!!! and good luck on the 10 week program sounds like a good one to me....

take care and be good......

Love to all..... Carolyn

Jello 08-23-2002 09:37 AM

Boy, it's quiet here. :( Thanks Carolyn and Carolyn :lol: for the welcome back. It's like coming home.

Carolyn (Regency) - Sounds like a great trip. Hope you get this message before you leave. I know a lot of people who've been to Myrtle Beach and loved it. It's one of those places on my list of places I want to go to someday.

Carolyn (CH) - I LOVE to sweat! :strong: It makes me feel like I'm actually achieving some sort of "exercise success". That is, as long as I don't have to go anywhere or face anyone afterwards. :fr: As long as I can just go home and/or get into a nice cool shower and throw the exercise clothes in the laundry afterward.

Met with the trainer last night. The program is a bit confusing with exchanges and food groups and subgroups but I'm hanging in there. Have to do really well this coming week because while I'm in Scotland I have a feeling I'm going to be eating things that I couldn't even begin to identify much less count calories or points. We'll see...

Talk to you again soon!
Much love, Jo

CH 08-26-2002 04:32 PM

Jo the only thing I can figure out is when you posted everyone said "Can you believe Jo is Back!!!" and then they all fainted.
Hey ladies where are you? We need some support here. Wake up and come on back.
Decided to drop 2 more points from my WW and see if that gets me better results. I will probably starve to death.
Carolyn (CH)

Jello 08-27-2002 08:35 AM

Hm, Carolyn. Guess you're right. Shocked everyone. :faint: Can't say as I blame them.

Well, I'm still on the wagon though I admit, a couple of times, I was hanging off the back of the wagon with my head bouncing along the rocks in the road.

I still check in daily with you guys. Not sure if I'll be able to post again until after vacation. I'm packing, making lists, shopping, obsessing, worrying, planning, plotting.... At least I don't have time to eat. :tired:

Still love you guys. :love:
Jo.

CH 08-27-2002 02:01 PM

Jo have a great time and maybe we will all recover by the time your back. That's a trip I would love to take, hope you take lots of pictures. I've been fighting inner-ear trouble for a few days will go back to school tomorrow. Staying home by yourself gets old! Carolyn