3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldlies in Awesomely Actively Agile August. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/178072-worldlies-awesomely-actively-agile-august.html)

MELODY525 08-09-2009 03:30 PM

:rudolph: HAPPY HOLIDAYS PATTY :wreath:
I STILL HAVE A FEW CHRISTMAS THINGS IN THE KITCHEN! I WANTED ONE ROOM TO STILL BE DECORATED :rofl:

ceejay52 08-09-2009 04:21 PM

Patty
:dance: I'm glad that you have your job.

Mel
I thought of Andy Williams when you sang his Christmas song. Your firiends are always welcome.

Laura
The drainage ditch behind the house is around 6 foot deep and about that wide. I really hated to do this but I called the supervisor of the street and sanitation department to come and recommend what should be done. I was concerned that it might stop up the ditch when/if we had flash floods again.

Happy
I don't blame you for hiking down that steep slope. I barely made on the trail at the Grand Canyon. I did not budge when people were returning either. I hugged the rock.

Annie
Don't work to hard.

Shad
Are you still enjoying your time off? I wish you were here to show me how to tile.

Michelle
I wish I had your will power to stick to my plan. I'm honestly going to give it 50% this week and gradually get back to the swing of things.

I did lose 1 pound this week. Got on the scale this morning and it read 191.6 then I check it again and it read 193.6 but I'm happy with either one. At least the scale is going downward. and my nerves are not on edge, the xanax is working. Thank you also for agreeing with me on how to handle the "mowing service". I talked to my uncle and he told me the same thing. My aunt siad just do it.

MELODY525 08-10-2009 07:52 AM

JEANETTE~ GLAD THE XANAX IS WORKING AND YOU FEEL BETTER. :cheer3: HOORAY ON THE SCALE MOVING TOO. YOU WILL BE MUCH HAPPIER TAKING CARE OF THAT MOWONG BUSINESS TOO. STAY STRONG! DON'T YOU JUST LOVE ANDY WILLIAMS. REMEMBER THE OLD TV SHOWS?

:cofdate: GOOD MORNING CHICKS OF THE WORLD. I HAD A GOOD WEEKEND. MOVED SOME JUNK AROUND. GOT RID OF MORE JUNK. HAD SOME FALSE MEDICAL ALARMS AND DOOR INTERRUPTIONS BUT I ALSO GOT MY STUFF FINISHED. THE BEDROOM IS LESS CLUTTERED. I EVEN SORTED THRU MY MAKE-UP AND GOT RID OF THE OLD STUFF...SEE SHAD...I PAY ATTENTION!! :rofl:
I AM OFF TO FINISH THE BATHROOM TODAY. CLEANED IT YESTERDAY BUT I WANT TO SORT OUT THE "SUPPLIES CABINET" AND TAKE NOTE OF WHAT I NEED.
HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY :moped:

annie175 08-10-2009 08:42 AM

Happy Monday Morning...yes happy to return to my day job. Need to rest the feet. Two 8 hours shifts on the feet a little rough, not too bad actually. When I weighed 306 and worked at Kohl's the feet just killed me. I guess it is all about the weight, no matter what body part is involved.

Patty...congrats on the job, a sigh of relief...

Shad...OMG..I couldn't do gymnastics when I was a kid, much less now. I think we must be pencil thin, no boobies, no shape to do what you did in the loo. Poor T, my foot, if you recall, he missed taking out the trash last week...lol. We still see each other the same amount of time, just on different days. I still cook for the little spoiled brat too!

MEL...girl take care of the eyes. My brother says any woman that wears perfume that you can smell within a few feet is trying to cover up rotten crotchen smell. lol Thanks for the chicken reciped website. I love cruising recipe sites. Haven't check to see if they will let us access it from here yet. We cannot access allrecipes.com from here. Like what are we going to do with that, make a poisonness recipe and serve our co-workers? Shad do not do this!! Hush yo mouth about Christmas...we just put out Thanksgiving season stuff at CVS yesterday. It is not working, it does NOT put me in the mood. All I see with the holidays is money I don't have to spend on others.

Laura...glad the x-ray came back clear. You are not too awful far from me. We had the same yucky weather all weekend.

Happy...vacations are not cracked up to what we think they should be. Getting back to work to rest usually. I know the commerical which you speak. I absolutely love it also. It made me kind of sad when all the parents/kids came through the line at CVS yesterday buying school stuff, I think I was getting depressed for the kids. LOL. Not to mention the dang school busses we have to follow behind going to work. The kids start today here.

Ceejay...congrats on the one pound down, beats the H out of going the other way.

Chelle...hope you enjoyed your weekend, oh joyous exercise queen.

Let's see, work tonight at CVS, then off til Thursday. Saturday T and I are supposed to go on a bike ride to Brown County, Indiana. Ya'll google brown county Indiana, it's a neat place. Would be a great place for Shad to take pictures. Have to work on Sunday, 8/16, as I asked for the following weekend off to go to St. Louis for the bachlorette party. BFF ordered a Limo to drive us around all night. I am excited about that.

DS's BD is August 19, he will be 21. We haven't decided what we are going for him yet. My little baby boy will be 21, I feel ancient. Yikes.

Not much else going on, Oh, I got a card from my auto insurance saying "I have been forgiven" for the accident last month. Meaning my insurance will NOT go up in cost this time for it. Weeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa.

Have a marvelous Monday all.

Much love and many hugs,

annie175 08-10-2009 09:50 AM

Queestion....What does "OT" in the subject line of a new thread mean? I am a duh.

diyana 08-10-2009 12:01 PM

Happy Monday ladies -

I'm fighting a little bit of a headache today...can't tell yet if it's sinus or migraine...but I knocked back an Aleve and a couple Excedrin Migraine. Hopefully that will do the trick. Super crazy busy morning, but hopefully things at work will get a bit more sane soon.

It was a hot and muggy weekend for the Milwaukee area. Saturday morning was warm and rainy, and Sunday was dang hot and super muggy. DH and I went to the fair on Saturday afternoon/evening and had a great time seeing/petting the animals. The Budweiser Clydesdales were there...and even though we're Miller fans through and through, those Clydesdales are beautiful, magnificent animals. They even had the dalmatian there! Such a cutie! I tried to make healthy food selections...hamburger (no fries or chips), corn on the cob, and a garlic dill pickle. Mmmm. I didn't even miss not having a cream puff, brownie or the new taste at the fair - chocolate covered bacon on a stick. Wisconsin State Fair is famous for putting just about any kind of food on a stick and deep frying it. Not sure if the bacon was deep fried or not. I wasn't even tempted to try it because as much as I like chocolate and bacon...the two together? No way. One of the best parts of the fair was that I was able to walk for hours! :woohoo: Remember how when my back was bothering me, my goal was to be able to walk around State Fair without pain...well, I did it. I had a bit of soreness in my legs, calves and feet by the end of the night, but no back pain! Yay!

Since yesterday was so hot, DH and I spent most of the day indoors, although I did go to the gym in the morning...I figured it was better to work out in an a/c gym than get heat stroke walking outside. I have to admit, yesterday I was in a snacking frenzy...searching the house for pretzels or sweets or anything like that. I didn't want to have one of my FiberOne bars even though they are sweet...didn't want to have the points. I wanted snacks that I didn't have to count. I tried carrots, broccoli, grapes (even though those are 1 point). I finally gave up and had an early dinner. Managed to stay within my points though.

Patty - Congrats on getting the job! :bravo: :cp: :cp: :cp: That's wonderful news and I'm sure a great relief for you!

Shad - I hope your combination gymnastics/loo tiling didn't cause you any pain. Perhaps that should be a new Olympic event...it's certainly much more difficult than some of the events they currently have. Congrats on the DS2's purchase of a second inventment house. I'm not good in crowds either...which is a bit challenging at State Fair. But when I feel closed in...I just push my way through the crowd (without being rude about it) to the next open space where I wait for DH to catch up. We didn't spend a lot of time looking at the craft exhibits...but I plan to when we go next weekend. The nice part about our State Fair is that the animals are in one area and the midway (where the rides are) are in another. That way...if you want to see the animals, you don't have to fight the kids running and pushing as they go from ride to ride. The animals tend to have more relaxed visitors than the stressed out parents trying to keep up with their sugar-frenzied kids scurrying around all over the midway. As for your tile/trim, you do have expensive tastes don't you...but if you're going to put that much work into it, might as well get something wonderful, right? Hope you had a nice time with your friend.

Mel - Glad you had some nice weather and got to enjoy the outdoors. I hope our hot and muggy weather bypasses you. Thanks for the chicken recipes! BTW, it's August! No Christmas Carols, if you please. Christmas means snow and I'm SO not ready for that!! I'd rather have the heat and humidity than snow, thank you very much. Glad to hear the medical alarms were false alarms. Good for you for decluttering and getting meals together! :cp: :cp:

Happy - I hope you're having a wonderful vacay! And I'm sending you :goodvibes: for clear skies for at least the first half of this week. I'm de-pantsing myself? Too funny! I hope to get into the size 16s within the next week or two. I've got to get to the gym a lot this week to make sure I burn off the fair calories...even though I didn't do too bad for the fair, it was over points just a bit. And we're going again next weekend. I just love seeing the animals too much to only go once. You are so right about every pair of pants fitting differently. We use a Magellan GPS in our car and really, really like it!

Laura - So glad to hear the x-ray was clear and you're feeling better! I know how yucky chest issues are. Good for you for getting to the gym...25 min is definitely much better than nothing. Glad you had a nice weekend with bf. Did you get to the pool to find relief from the heat/humidity? I hope you're enjoying your day off today. We're having a cooler less humid day today...how about you?

Ceejay - Congrats on the weight loss! YGG! Mine is not so much about willpower. I just know that the cortisone shot in my back may only last 6 months or so...so I want to lose as much weight and get as fit as possible so that hopefully I won't need another one. I know my extra weight contributes to my back pain...so now that I have a break from the pain, I want to take off as much weight as I healthfully (is that a word?) can. I'm glad the xanax is working.

Annie - I didn't know you worked at Kohl's. What a coincidence. Did you work both Saturday and Sunday this weekend? I hope you had a little time for yourself. You put out T'giving stuff already? Can we pls enjoy the rest of August and Labor Day weekend before we think about autumn? Congrats on the insurance forgiveness! :woohoo: :dance: BTW, I do believe that "OT" in the subject line of a thread means "Off Topic".

Well, this post is very long, but I'm glad I'm caught up for now. :)

Much love and many hugs to all,

annie175 08-10-2009 12:46 PM

Chelle...yes, I worked at Kohl's October of 05 till April 07. I went in as Christmas help, they asked me to stay, so I did. I worked the customer service desk. That was a nightmare. All the returns and nasty people. Talk about having to have a positive, pleasant attitude. Yikes. I only quit cause I bought a house too far away, plus I had major burn out, working two jobs.

happy2bme 08-10-2009 12:49 PM

Hi ladies, I have had a COMPLETELY disruptive morning and I am sooooo off schedule with a ton of things to do. So no time to post personals, I've very sorry. We leave early tomorrow morning so I might not to get back on. They are supposed to have wireless internet at the yurt place, if we can connect in, I will post.

Thanks for all your good wishes for the weather. It looks like Tuesday night - the prime night for watching will be rainy but the other days look dry. Talk to you in a week - don't be too bad! :hug:

diyana 08-10-2009 01:06 PM

Annie - I hope you enjoy both your current jobs and are free from burnout for quite awhile.

Happy - No worries about posting. Enjoy your vacay!

ceejay52 08-10-2009 01:12 PM

Mel
I really feel better about much of the muck that's going on in my life right now. I just needed the blessing of my uncle to do what I have to do. Things are really falling into place also. Took the xanax last night and was in the bed by 8.30 p.m. I don't think I could have gone much longer with out passing out where ever I was. I'm in a mood to toss some of the things that I held back last year.

Michelle
It's been muggy down here also. We just gpt a flyer on the H1N1 virus and what to do and not do. One of those symptoms was a headache. My sister was complaining of a sore throat Sunday. Take care of yourself.

Annie
My immediate family has a lot of birthday's in August including 2 uncles and myself. My mom's birthday would have been on the 19th if she had been alive. Happy birthday to your son.

It depends on how much stamina I have left at the end of my 12 houe day to go to the gym tonight. I need to conserve what energy I have because I'm working the next ten days. L is on vacation.
I've even talked to some one about mowing my lawn. I told him the circumstances. He's going to check out the lawn and then quote me a price. It will include weed eating.
I did around 50% yesterday on the healthy way of doing things. Even rode the stamina bike for 15 minutes. By that time the xanax was taking hold. I slept for approximately 8.5 hours. I really needed the sleep. I'm working towards a routine that I can live with.

At first I thought we were on curtailment and a generator was running, come to find out it's the air conditioner. It's loud.

diyana 08-11-2009 07:16 AM

Good morning ladies -

Yesterday, I went to the gym after work and did 45 minutes of cardio and 1/2 hour of strength training - it felt great! I'm trying to do some interval training when I do cardio...pick up the pace for short bursts of time. Yesterday, I pumped it up when the song "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath came up on my iPod. Definitely got the heart rate up! Today, I'll either go to the gym or walk the doggies (depending on the heat), and then do website work.

Ceejay - Thanks for your concern. It was just a headache...I get them when the barometric pressure gets wonky. And the pressure at work was pretty wonky yesterday too! :rofl: I just needed a good workout to clear out the cobwebs and a good adrenaline boost to release the stress! :) Working the next 10 days? Is that ten 12 hour days in a row?? :yikes: That's awful!! I hope you are taking care of yourself! Eat as well as you can and rest as much as possible. That workload would take a huge toll on anyone. Hang in there. :hug: BTW, it's so nice that you have so many uncles that can be the patriarchs of the family. I've got one aunt and uncle left - they live in San Diego, and I don't get to see them as much as I'd like.

A big :wave: and :hug: to all my wonderful worldly friends!

Love ya',

annie175 08-11-2009 07:56 AM

Tuesday it is............

Good morning....hmmmmmm, I have a dental appt this morning for a cleaning, I know it will involve more as the filling on the back of my front bottom tooth came off a couple of months ago. Oh Yippee! Thank God for dental insurance.

Happy...hope all is going well for you now and much calmer than yesterday. Be safe.

Ceejay..glad to hear your life is smoothing out and going as you want it.

Chelle...you are the workout queen. Here's to another 2-3 lbs lost this week!!

Hello to everyone, making this short as I leave for dentist in a few. May check in later today.

Love and Hugs.

happy2bme 08-11-2009 08:16 AM

Hi ladies,

Vacation here at last :dance: just a quick check here as I looked at the weather one more time. I have to finish packing and jump in the shower and we're off.

Have a good week everybody and I'll be thinking about you. :hug:

diyana 08-11-2009 08:16 AM

Annie - I'll be thrilled if I lose another 2 or 3 lbs this week! I'll find out on Thursday. :) Good luck at the dentist!

Happy - Enjoy your vaca! Have fun and enjoy the Perseids!

annie175 08-11-2009 11:00 AM

Happy.......ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!!!

Chelle...the dentist went ok.. Cleaning was fine and said my teeth were easy to clean as they were already nice and clean....on the bad side I am in need of 3 fillings. One that is a must; the other two are nice to have as they are fillings that are old and just breaking down a bit. Each will be about 88 bucks after deductible. Yikes....Might just put them on the need to get some time list. lol