Old 03-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Default Saying BYE-BYE to 70lbs! Week ONE

Hi, I am starting a new group for those would like to say goodbye to 70 pounds. (give or take!)
I tried to do this in the past - with no luck.
I've been a member of 3FC for a while now, and think the people here are fabulous.
I have not lost the weight "yet" because I never had my "aha" moment.
Until today.
I'm 43, I'm obese and I'm tired of feeling like a slug. I was thin the first 35 years of my life. It is time to lose the baby weight.
I have a 4yo and a 6yo and need to be thin again for THEM. I don't want to be the fat mom, I want to be the healthy mom with a healthy heart. Plus, I want my DH to have a sexy wife again!!!! He is hot and gets those looks like, "what is HE doing with HER?"

I am the Queen of excuses, I am too busy doing for others and never for myself. It is time now to do it, just DO it. So one month from today I want to be 10 pounds thinner, 3 months from now -- 30 pounds thinner...you get the point.

I am re-arranging my schedule and making time to get physical.

PLEASE - drop me a line, tell me about yourself, tell me your story. Let's hold on and pick each other up when we're down! Let's put it all out there, post your diet plan, work out plan, let us know what you eat every day, etc etc.

For me, I am taking it slow for starters. My number one change: No more soda. None, I'm done. Bye Bye McDonalds coke - I'll always have fond memories of you.
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #2  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Ohhh my. I thought I was the only one who hadn't lost the 70 lbs from "That 70s Show" It's me - 2Fat4myjeans!

How are you?? I'm so glad to see you around these parts! I read your other thread in Support and can sooo relate. I too feel like I am doing things permanently this time around - and the main thing is, exercise is a habit now, not something I HAVE to do. most days I look forward to it. I signed up with a personal trainer and that's made a world of difference!

Anyway, so glad you decided to start a group! I was missing the old "That 70s show" support we had going on!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #3  

I'll join in. I'm 55 and the mother of 3 grown children and 1 grandson (6 mos old.) My husband of 26 years died 2 1/2 years ago and I've gained 50 lbs since then on top of the 30 I'd gradually gained with marriage, children and wine! I've played with the same 5 lbs for a couple of years hoping to lose the weight without really changing the habits I knew I must. (Who stops with a 4 oz glass of wine anyway?) I've posted on the "chicks in control" thread about the games I've played with myself about alcohol... I've counted the points (I'm on weight watchers), I've traded activity points for alcohol, and just in the last two weeks I've finally decided wine is too much of a trigger food, and I know I won't cut out alcohol altogether, so I've switched to the lowest calorie alcohol I could find... 2 MGD64's each night. and have lost 5.8 lbs in two weeks to finally make it to my 10 lbs star! I feel like I'm on a roll now, my head is in the game, I'm walking on my treadmill daily, and I'm seeing a slight change in my clothes which is inspiring. I'm ready to start dating again and am comitted to taking the weight off for a new life and a new me! My sorority sisters are having a gathering at the beach in July so I have a new incentive to be 30 lbs lighter than when they saw me last September. I know special event deadlines aren't always the best way to lose and keep it off, but that bathing suit alarm is going off in my head big time Glad to have some new buddies for inspriation!
Parsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #4  
I can do it !!!!

2Fat4myjeans -- woo hoo!! I found an old friend!!! I've missed you guys!
I had a PM from Amanda a few weeks ago, her success story is so inspiring.
Right now I'm in fear of having a heart attack or some other fatal illness. I love food so much. I've been in denial city for SO darn long. I do eat more than I fess up too and I never exercise. I will take baby steps, but at the end of each month I hope to look back and say, "I lost 10 pounds this month".
So glad you're here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #5  
I can do it !!!!

Parsp- I'm sorry about your husband!! Thank you for joining our group. We can help each other with our vices, be it wine or chocolate! I want this more than anything ever. I have some deep dark secrets but am afraid to share them. However I will be sharing my ups and downs and hope everyone will. We can cheer each other on and offer a shoulder to lean on when we need to cry. But this is it. Once at for all!!!
Welcome!
Old 03-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #6  
Aiming to be a better me

S/C/G: 310/310/130

Height: 5'6.5

Hey. Id like to join. Im 17 but I am obese. I have a bf for half a year and hes so tall ans skinny and good looking and all the girls look at him like why is he with me, cuz im not skinny.
But thats not why I want to lose weight. I want to lose weight because I have never weighed this much before. And I feel like because this should eb the time of my life, I want to enjoy it. I want to be motivated. I need friends so thats why Im here. I think we can all do it together. ITs alot better to do it with people, than by yourself.
shatteredfallendove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #7  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Hey ladies! I'm so excited to be joining an actual support group. Can't wait to get to know you all and get started helping each other through this incredible journey.
Quick bio for me, I'm almost 19 (yay fallendove we're close in age) and I've always been heavy. When I started off late last year I had finally reached the big 2-0-0 (201 to be exact) and knew something had to change. I aimed for losing 70 pounds and here I am 15 pounds lighter already. But time after time I have reached this weight or a little bit lower and then bounced back up, so I'm not getting cocky by any means! I'm ready to be thin, for the first time ever, and I know that's going to take long hours, days, weeks and months of sticking with it. That's why I need the support.
So, I'm excited about building up this support system.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #8  
Believe...

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I'm in! My husband also passed away I was 42 years he was 45. Food was my comfort and shield from other guys hitting on my when I wasn't ready. I have 3 DS's the youngest 15. I'm 51 now, work 40 hours a week, fairly good health except for the weight. I need to start having a life again for me.

Good luck everyone. We can do this if we support one another. Spring is just around the corner let's all add a new chapter to our life with a new beautiful outer body! (We already have the beautiful inner-body)
Krista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #9  
I can do it !!!!

ShatteredFallenDove, Munchie and Krista

Krista: My heart aches for you!!! I'm so so so so so so sorry that you lost your husband, esp. at such a young age.

Munchie: Tell us how you lost your first 15, what did you do, and how long did it take? We need details!

Shattered: Know what you mean, my husband could be one of PEOPLES sexiest men alive if they knew him, and we get looks all the time...we'll show them!

I'm so glad to hear from each of you! We might all have different stories but we each have the same goal.
This is the place to be HONEST, and to fess up, no excuses! If you need us to slap your hand, smack you upside the head, pat you on the back, give you a hug, ANYTHING you need....we will be here for each other!

I have struggled too hard for too long, and it's time. If I had done this when the original 70s club started, then I would have been long finished by now.

Good luck everyone!

Old 03-06-2009, 12:45 PM   #10  
Crazy runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bthinagain View Post
I have struggled too hard for too long, and it's time. If I had done this when the original 70s club started, then I would have been long finished by now.
I think of that, too... OFTEN! You know, the "if I had only done this when I started a year and a half ago..." thinking. But we can't think that way and regret the past... we have to stay motivated for the future! It's the here and now we're concerned about! Like... how am I going to make it through this weekend? The weekend's are usually tough for me. There is at least one day of not caring what I put in my mouth, and then I have to work for a few days to get it off again!
Old 03-07-2009, 08:01 AM   #11  
I can do it !!!!

Fat Pants - good luck this weekend! I don't know if any day of the week is harder for me than another. I'm a stay at home mom, so I have access to drive-thrus pretty much anytime I want, or to stop at the grocery to pick up junk, etc. etc. It's so easy for to pick my son up from preschool then cruise through a drive thru.
however lately - I feel like such the slug, then I've been telling myself, "don't do it, you know you'll feel even worse".
When I got on the scale this week I was surprised (good way) at my number. It was high, but not like I thought it would be.
So I'm kicking off at 224.

Goal: April 5 - 214
Goal: May 5 - 204
Goal: June 5 - 194
Goal: July 5 - 184

I know this will be hard everyone -- but please keep trying, and post about your success AND your set backs! We will all have set backs!! But we CAN and we WILL do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #12  
Believe...

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

How's everyone doing? I'm feeling so much better today. Had a beautiful day here in PA almost hung clothes on the line but it was a 50% chance of rain but all that snow is almost gone.

Going to make some taco's for dinner tonight and watch some TV, nothing planned, kind of boring. I did accept an invitation to one of those home party's where people sell those plastic containers that begin with a T. A co-worker sent me the invite, i wasn't going to go but accepted after thinking I have to get out of this rut I'm in and start mingling again.

Treated myself to a MP3 player and even figured out how to work it, got on the gazelle this afternoon for the first time in awhile, tomorrow I'll get outside, go for a walk or rake up the yard. Trying to get some sort of activity in everyday for next week and get out and socialize again!
Krista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #13  
I can do it !!!!

Hi Krista, I don't know where everyone has been all weekend!! I hope they aren't ditching us before week one is up!!
It was unusually warm here this weekend so were outside quite a bit - hopefully that meant burning some extra calories!!
I will fess up to eating a grand total of THREE cadburry eggs this weekend.
Other than that, I've done pretty good.
No fast food in about 4-5 days.
Tomorrow the giselle goes down to the basement so I can use it while the kiddos are playing.

Where is everyone????????
Old 03-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 203/199/ST:145/ LT:125

I feel like you have described me! (minus the kids and I was the one that used to get the "what is she doing with HIM look"). Alas, being married has changed my eating habits and I am looking to lose 70's. How about starting a biggest-loser- percentage-lost-per-week tracking system to help organize anyone that may want to join in this venture? I will volunteer to help out and keep track.
beachbum13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #15  
Crazy runner

Hello everyone! Hope you all survived the weekend. I did ok - not great, but not too bad. I got out and ran for about 20 minutes yesterday...the weather was sooo nice. And running outside seems so much easier than on the treadmill... I guess it's because I'm not constantly watching the clock to see how much time I have left!

I was down to 198.6 on Friday (official weigh-in) but have sat at 199.0 for the past three days. Time to get this scale moving in the downward direction!!!