Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

where is everyone???
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

I weighed in this morning - and was the same as last Monday. Last week I had four days on-plan and three where I could have done better - so this week I am going to improve on that.

Today's goals are: to eat less than 1650 calories, drink 2L of water and walk 10,000 steps. I'm working 11am-7pm and it's going to be 35ºC - so I have NO excuses.

Vonni is your mouth better?

And I am with you - where has everyone gone?
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #123  
It's ME!

I'm here!

Got everything shifted on Friday and man, what hard work that was. We spent the first 5 hours shifting my friend's stuff and then just over 1 hour shifting my stuff.

The weekend was spent unpacking boxes and getting the new place all set up. The lounge has 2 big windows and the sun streams in and heats the place up really well. My new bedroom is lovely and spacious and I've got a lovely big wardrobe which is very exciting having not had one for the past 2 years!

Diet hasn't been great but that's to be expected when shifting. Friday night I got pizza for dinner and that turned out to be the best idea I'd had in ages - no cutlery or crockery needed, no cleaning up and we were able to have the leftovers for breakfast. Perfect when everything was still packed away!

So back to some sense of normality today. I've packed a nice healthy lunch and will go to the gym after work and do my weights circuit followed by an aerobics class.

Ani it sounds like you've got a lot of things on your mind. Very interesting to learn that you have Aboriginal ancestry. Is it something that you could trace maybe? It would be interesting to learn more about.

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #124  
Am I a senior too?

Julia did it take longer to shift yr friends stuff cause you were more organised? Or does she just have loads of crap?? lol. Pizza occassionally isnt going to kill you. Glad you like yr new place.

Ani no mouth is still very sore, and I am getting cranky.

But the upside is I have lost 600gm finally something. All of cause due to the fact that I cant swallow very well.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:35 AM   #125  

Height: 5'5"

Well, I give up. Seems the harder I try the fatter I get.
barbegirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #126  
It's ME!

Ha Ha Vonni. Basically she had way more stuff than me. She'd been living in a huge 4 bedroom house so had lots of space to accumulate stuff. The garage is currently full of boxes that she needs to sort out.

Don't give up Barb. What's going on?

I went to the gym last night and did 30 minutes weights circuit and 45 minutes circuit aerobics class. Hard work!

Today I'm leaving work at lunchtime to go and wait for the Sky TV man to come and do an installation. Out for dinner and movies with a friend tonight as she's moving to the Gold Coast on Thursday.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #127  

Gross and revolting - it's going to be 37ºC here today.

Barb what's going on? Are you eating to a plan, what are you doing that isn't working? Don't give up - you're too important to do that to yourself . And you know that if you give up you'll put more weight on, then get more upset with yourself… and the cycle will continue. Why not post your meal plan here or something, and we can help you.

Julia there's nothing like a fresh start. It's going to be interesting living with someone else, but in a good way. Have you got the info about the binge drinking yet? You are so brave - I'm proud of you.

Vonni how's nursing going? Haven't heard much after the first shift.

Where is Amy, Kel and Lindor?

Good day for me yesterday. I ate 1470 calories, drank 2.4L of water and walked 10,000 steps. I want today to be just as successful. I am working 1-9pm, and it'll be hot at work - but I'm in a pretty determined frame of mind at the moment, so hopefully all will be fine.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:50 AM   #128  

I know what I'm doing wrong, just haven't found the motivation to stick at it I suppose. I eat really well all week and then give up on the weekends, so I'm not really loosing anything just maintaining at this horrible 100+ weight. I feel really uncomfortable but it's not enough to spur me along I guess. I was really hating myself when I posted last. I'm not really giving up!
Old 03-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Yay - got 96% on my pharm test. Maintaining an A/4.0 average so far in my NP program, so I'm happy with that, given how much stuff I've got going on.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #130  

Barb I'm glad to hear you are not giving up. One day you'll figure it out - it took me about five years of 'starting diets - then quitting' before I worked it out. And the only thing that seemed to be different was that one day I just decided I needed to find a way to eat, and to move, that I could honestly see myself doing for the rest of my life.

Once I worked out how to include everything I love, and that includes chocolate and the occasional takeaway, things started to fall into place for me. And once I understood that I would really have to work at it, and become really conscious of all my decisions, I knew I had it figured out.

Gen - woo hoo ! Are you still enjoying it?

I had a reasonably good day yesterday. I ate a little too much - 1780 calories, but I drank 2.9L of water and walked over 11,000 steps. So I'm not going to beat myself up for that.

Today I'm working 10-6pm and intend to meet all my goals. I have the next three days off, and I'm intending to do a major overhaul of the garden - and I am DEFINITELY going to the zoo. I didn't get there last week, and that was because of the dramas in my life - but I am going to treat myself this week - no matter what!

Bank finally gave me my money back yesterday. I should send them a bill for fees relating to the "loan" I gave them. Pfft!
Old 03-11-2009, 01:35 AM   #131  

Thanks Ani. You always have wise words to share with us. I've decided that I'm turning 40 in just over two years and I'd like to have lost 30kg by then. I know I can do this given the length of time I have, but I'm hoping I don't sabotage myself by saying "you've got 2 1/2 years, start next week". Before I know it it'll be here and I'll still be the same, or more likely heavier!

Congratulations Gen, smarty pants!!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:25 AM   #132  
Am I a senior too?

Ani you are amazing..... to say that you are not going to beat yrself up about it.... Thats what we seem to do isnt it and it only makes us feel more anxious and obsessive. Well done.

Gen congratulations

Barb the big 40? You will look amazing and have an amazing time I am positive of that.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:54 PM   #133  
It's ME!

Yay Gen, congratulations that's awesome

I managed to drag myself to the gym last night and did weights and 40 minutes cardio. I'm really struggling with going to the gym at the moment so it was quite an achievement to go and do anything at all.

No gym tonight because I've won tickets to see a movie about U2

I dont' know why I'm feeling so run down and unmotivated. I feel like I could sleep for a week!

Glad to hear that the bank finally gave you your money back Ani.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:54 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Had to shoe horn myself into a suit for work today. Reinforced steel underwear required to hold the requisite bits in enough to not hang out of it. Joy.

Ani, loving it but truly busy and stressed to the max. COnsidering going to docs to get anxiety meds as am ball of stress!
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #135  

Barb I reckon that if you're going to 'drop 30 by 40' you need a plan. All you need to do is lose 0.3kg/week, but it won't come off by itself - and it won't come off without work.

This is my 32nd month of weight loss, and I have had to focus and work to a plan just to lose around 1kg/month - but in that time I have learned an awful lot about myself and my relationship with food. Are you up for a challenge?

Vonni I have to keep reminding myself to not get annoyed when I stuff up - but it's a good lesson to learn: we can't go back to yesterday and re-write our history, we can only learn from it and make today a better day.

Julia are you able to find something other than the gym? Maybe it's getting boring for you - or it could be that you are reacting to all the changes in your life. Moving house can be a big stressor, and changing your living circumstances is always tough, so don't be hard on yourself. I think it's important to take a deep breath and think about what's going on.

Gen was it wrong to laugh? I had this visual image ( your fault ) of you and your steel-reinforced clothes, but then I also had a glimpse of someone sad. Are you sure you're OK? I think it's a good idea to go to the doctor and get some meds - being that stressed isn't going to help you at all. I know you set the bar very high for yourself academically, and want to be really good at what you're doing - but what's the worst thing that would happen if you gave 10% less to that formidible brain of yours and 10% more to your heart?

Hmmm?

You already know that you're someone I admire a great deal, and I am really proud of the things you've achieved. I love your determination and your spirit, your inability to suffer fools, your self-deprecating humour… And I worry about you a little.

Oh dear - I need more coffee. Sorry - didn't mean that to become a speech .

I had a good day again yesterday in terms of meeting my goals, but I have to confess I was more than a little distracted by you-know-who . I really need to get my sh!t together.

I'm now having three days off, and I am definitely off to the zoo as soon as I have eaten breakfast. Goals for today are to NOT over-eat, to walk 10,000 steps and to drink 2L of water. I'm off to see Phantom of the Opera tonight - my best friend is shouting me. Yay!