Old 05-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #361  

Height: 5'5"

Don't feel guilty Gen. Life does go on and you need something to keep you sane. Keep in touch and when she really needs you there, go then. Don't ever have regrets, do whats best for you because thats what your mum would want.
barbegirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:40 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Thanks Barb. I think I'm just sensitive because I've always felt like I *should* do what I am expected to do... and one of my "friends" at home said "well, I didn't want to say anything, but if that was MY mum, there's no way I'd go back to some dumb job". Nice and tactful, eh?
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:07 AM   #363  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

I eat Amy. Usually for lunch at work i go across road and get a toasted ham cheese tomato sandwich. Light on the butter and ham. If I am home i dont eat anything at lunch most days. Or if I do it will be a piece of toast. Breakfast if I have it is a weetbix with lite milk. I drink about 5 cuppas a day (which is less than i used to). I snack on food that is not to good for me. usually a choc a day. chips i can do without now..... over em thank god
7senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Gen don't add pressure to yourself by worrying about what your friend says. When my dad was obviously dying, I went home to NSW about four times in the course of a year - and there were some people who strongly disapproved of me coming back to Perth each time.

But my dad understood that he had raised me to live my own life and explore my dreams - not to be his insurance, or carer as his journey came to an end. He had mum for that, and my brother, and his friends.

I don't mean for that to sound hard, because I loved him enormously, and even after almost 14 years there is a massive hole in my life because he isn't there. But he would have hated it if I put my own life on hold.

You NEED to have some sense of living, of being normal, of life continuing - and that's not being harsh, it's maintaining your sanity through a really terrible time in your life.
PerthChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #365  

Some people really need to put brain in gear before opening mouth. Everybody is different and how you deal with things is your business. i totally agree with Ani. For me at the moment I'm focusing on getting back to work. I need that something to keep me from going crazy and for me it's going back to work, my family are taking care of them selves now and need me less so I have more time to think and sometimes thats not good.

As for weightloss this week, I'm down 300g and its TOM this week too.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #366  
It's ME!

That's just plain rude Gen. I hope that you're able to let that comment go, it was a really unfair thing for your friend to say.

Today work is extremely quiet so I'm taking the afternoon off. I'll go and do some grocery shopping and then I've got an appointment for a brazilian wax.

Ouch!!

And I must say, thanks to the Queenie for having a birthday so that I get to have Monday off work. Nice one

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #367  

Julia, I've had one of them. I looked like a plucked chicken, and the pain!!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #368  
Am I a senior too?

I do my own lol.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:24 AM   #369  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

hi
just saying hi, nothing more to add that everyone else has not already said
i am eating constantly so doubt i will have lost weight this week
smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:08 AM   #370  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

God Vonni, how on earth do you do that?!! Eek.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #371  
Am I a senior too?

Grit my teeth and pull lol. The trick is to make sure you hold your skin really taut before you pull. and if you warm your skin and hair before hand.

Ditto what everyone else has said to about yr 'friend' Gen. Chin up and dont let them get you down. It's your life you have to lead and noone else can walk in your shoes. You need a sense of normalcy in life when other things are turmoil.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #372  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Gen you gotta look after your self the only reason i was suprised you went back was becuase you didnt tell us you were.. IM glad your getting back to normal. . I think its the only thing you can do in that situation.. Surely noone expects yuou to give up everything and just sit and wait ..

Barb hubby is home for good.. thank goodness.. I cant do the single parent thing anymore.. i needed my hubby home. as of yet he hasnt got work but i am confident he wont have trouble.. he is very good at what he does and well known to be a good worker. and there is always work in his field ( scaffolding).

OMG brazillian ouch.............. lol.. i tryed to do it once .. i pulled and the pain.. omg.. and half the wax was still stuck on me not a single hair had budged.. .. i ended up in the bath for ages trying to get the wax off... lol

im never trying that again.. and im not gonna get anyone else to do it for me.. shaving for me tyvm... lol

Weigh in yesterday down another 600 grams.. 107.2 .. im happy with that . anyway gotta run.. hubby wonta the computer
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:07 AM   #373  

the most painful thing if you ask me is arm hair waxing
so i use hair removal cream for that and it works so so good, and it works for your bikini area too NO PAIN whatsoever
i used to get brazilians all the time, now i just dont care coz i have not seen down there for a long long time - big fat belly in the way

i have now medical reason (moreso) to lose weight
liver problems causing me pain and discomfort, so more tests happening and ultrasounds and stuff so we shall see

bottom line is i need a kick in the bottom and tomorrow DEFINATELY is another day
not sure if i am going to go and visit my friend tomorrow or just chuck a total sickie and stay home and go for a walk with the dogs and do work around the yard........ i just want to sleep and that is annoying coz there no reason for it....

found out today NOT pregnant, which is annoying but gives me a definately another month to lose some weight, annoying coz i am now 17 days late for my period which means breastfeeding, the pill and i reckon my weight has put my cycle all out of whack.... the control freak in me cant handle it and wants to be pregnant NOW (but anytime now will be perfect as i DID NOT want a february baby - although i would not have argued)

anyway everyone is doing so well losing a little here and a little there
so i am "jealous" but that is silly coz it is my own fault i keep finding everyone's lost weight

weigh in tomorrow...... hmmmmmmm
Old 05-31-2009, 11:06 PM   #374  

ok i lost 200 or 300 grams
better than a kick up the bum

so sad just lost a friend - these things happen - she was selfish
i dont need her
had shake for brekky and shake for lunch and drinking water
plan is to shake excess weight and then introduce lifestyle change food
Old 06-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #375  
Am I a senior too?

Kel hope yr tests all turn out ok. How can u drink them shakes lol. I cant stand them. the flavour is ok but all i can taste afterwards is a chalky residue. I hve a biggest loser shake in my cupboard and its been sitting there a while. ut some of them are more calories than my normal brekky meal anyway.
Is Friday still on?

Woohoo for everyones little losses this week xoxox