Old 08-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

I think it's never going to stop raining in Ohio. All the rain is making me very tired...especially when you add it to all the hours I've been putting in at work.

Food was good today..exercise was not. I just couldn't get motivated and so I skipped again. This will NOT happen tomorrow. I have Zumba and I love Zumba..hopefully it will get me going again. I usually like to exercise.

Ward: How did the legs feel today?

Mindy & Kelly: Looking forward to your posts.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:18 PM   #17  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Today has not been a very good day here. We have a 13 yr. old Australian Sheperd that has been declining lately. He would'nt eat yesterday and he cannot stand up anymore. We have to pck him up and help him get his balance before he can move. Then he can take a few steps and falls. I am having a hard time dealing with the reality of what we probably have to face. He is eating today, but really can't get around. I wish this were easier.

I didn't work out today, except for the tear ducts.

Susie- You're not the only one who didn't workout, see?? It's alright.

Ward- Working your butt off as usual I see

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #18  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

I am so sorry about your dog, Mindy. It's hard to see them suffer, and a difficult decision to make.

Are you at Zumba, Susie? It's lunch time!

Did you guys hear about that gym shooting in PA? I was thinking of that when I was working out this morning. ugh!

So I had to wait for the house painter this morning so I wasn't sure if I would make my class or not. I went for an early run just in case, 4.2 mi in about 48 min. Then I went to Group Power and afterwards did 30 min on the elliptical and 20 min on the bike. And now my legs are really and truly dead. Eating is on plan so far, but we have a birthday party tonight. I am planning to skip the food, drinks and cake completely. I'll let you know tomorrow how I did.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #19  
Maintainer Wannabe

Hello? There seems to be an echo in here. LOL! I should talk, right?

Today's workout was 50 min on the elliptical and Group Ride. Eating is on plan. We're going over to the school after lunch to meet the new teachers. My son says he is excited about kindergarten but he's been acting out a lot. I think he might be a bit nervous. I feel so unprepared for Monday!
Old 08-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #20  

Hi Ladies,

I did Zumba yesterday and took at 30 min walk and did my 1 hr yoga class and boy do I feel better!

Weigh-in tonight. I don't know what the scales will say..but I'm hoping for good things.

Ward: I'm so happy to see your posts again. I'm thinking that in honor of your return I will work out on the eliptical today.
I'm sure things will go find for your little boy on Monday. I'm sure he is excited and nervous--it's a BIG day.

Mindy: Pets are just like family and I know this is a very difficult situation for you to have to deal with.

Kelly: Where are you and how are you doing?

I'll see you all tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #21  
mtiger

Wink

Hi Ladies. Things got a little busy for me. Out to lunch, putting hay in the barn, dog, kids etc. TOM is approaching this weekend so my weight is up, and irritating me. I really want to see those 170's and I'm afraid I won't this month. I am taking the dog to the vet in a bit. We have kind of decided that if they don't feel he is pain, we are willing to keep gong for a while yet. Once you get him up, he can walk a little and he is just happy to be with us right now.

Susie- Good luck with the weigh-in. Hope you see a decent loss.

Ward- Getting those workouts in I see. Have fun at the party. I'm sure you will avoid the "bad" stuff.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #22  
Maintainer Wannabe

Hey guys. Happy Friday! For some reason, I am extremely grumpy today. Oh well - hope it passes. I ran 2.1 mi early (22 min), then did Group Power, 36 min on the elliptical, and 10 min on the bike. Eating is on plan but I feel like I am hanging on by my fingernails right now. I need to have a good lunch and then get the kids to the pool. No bingeing.

Hope your weigh-in was a good one, Susie.

How did it go with the vet, Mindy?

Kelly, are you calorie cycling? Working out hard?
Old 08-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #23  

Hi Ladies--well..I went to the meeting to weigh-in and our leader had an emergency and left a note on the door that we would not be having a meeting. I was very disappointed but I'm trying to think about it like this..I'll just have a BIG loss next week!

Ward: I'm a bit grumpy today as well. Maybe you are tired and thinking about your little boys school next week? Hang tough..or as tough as you can....we are here for you.

Mindy: I hope all goes well at the vet. You know that you will get those
170's keep pushing!

Old 08-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Hi girls! I am calorie cycling, but I am wondering if the site I used to figure out how many calories I should use is telling me too many. It seems like too many to me. My low day is 1300, my medium is 1500, and my high is 1700. I am thinking of changing it next week to 1100, 1300, and 1500. I don't know, maybe I need to give it more of a chance. I am just too impatient! After the first couple days I was down to my lowest, 168. Then I went to 169, 170, 171. Today I'm back down to 170, but TOM also hit, so I wonder if this is a bad time to see the results of my calorie cycling. I will stick with it, though, and I'm still working out strong.

Susie and Ward--Sorry you are having a grumpy day. Keep up your hard work, and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

Mindy--Hope things are ok. We need a report from the vet. I'm hoping it is good news, since I haven't heard from you to say otherwise.

See you all later!
Kelly530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:51 AM   #25  
mtiger

Wink

We decided that since he isn't in any pain we would take him home and just enjoy some quality time with him. When it is time, we will know and move on. We did no more tests, no more meds, just feeding him and loving him. That darn dog started walking better yesterday and even got up on his own a few times. Go figure. We are wondering if the meds may have been causing a bad reaction. We'll see how it goes.

TOM just needs to get here and finish so I might be able to get away from the 182-184 range. I am tired of it.

Susie- Good attitude. Just keep working hard and it will pay off big for you.

Ward- Hold on to that thread. TIGHT!!

Kelly- As you always tell me......Give it some time.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:26 PM   #26  

Hi Ladies,

I am preparing for yet another busy week. The good news is that I got things set up on Fitday to track my calories and I bought a little notebook to write it down in for when I can't just put it in my blackberry. By having those two tools, the BB and the notebook at my fingertips I am prepared to keep up-to-date with the food tracking. That's my biggest obsticale. When I don't get it put in each day I feel overwhelmed and then give up tracking.

My workouts right now are mainly walking and Zumba and yoga. I need to get back to the strenght training.

Kelly: I was told that we should NEVER go under 1200 calories. Is that still the guideline? I'm not sure--I'm sure you could look it up.

Mindy: That's good news about the dog. I hope TOM comes and goes quickly for you so you can move forward.

Ward: Did the grumpies leave? I got some rest and spent some time with my extended family. It helped.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #27  
mtiger

Wink

Hey!! TOM has struck with a vengence. I am truly hoping it moves through and takes several pounds with it. I am tired of these low 180's. Come on 170's, come on!!!!!

Susie- Great to hear that you are all geared up and ready to face the world. Good luck with your record keeping. I was with my mom today and I had a granola bar. She asked me how many calories and of course it knew without looking. It gets easier.

See ya all tomorrow.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #28  
Maintainer Wannabe

Hey y'all. Well, I haven't been here, so I guess you know where I have been - that's right - bingeland. Workouts have been good:

Sat. - Group Ride + 60 min elliptical
Sun. - 9.4 mi run (1:42)
Mon. - Group Ride, Group Power, walk to and from the gym (1.4 mi)
Tues. - Group Ride, 60 min elliptical, walk to and from the gym (1.4 mi)

Still, until I get the eating under control, I can't make any progress. Today is day 1 back on plan.

The kids started school yesterday and my son did great - no tears (except for me, AFTER they left). It's awfully quiet around here but I have plenty of projects to keep me busy. Right now I am off to the library and then maybe over to Goodwill to see what kind of bargains I can find.

How's everyone else?
Old 08-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #29  
mtiger

Wink

Kelly adn I hung out at a park today with her girls. We are both sick and tired of being stuck where we are. As for me, TOM is finishing and there is no D*** excuse for not losing some weight. What gives??? I wall/jogged 50 min. las night and 30 min. of Cardio Max tonight. Seriously?????

Ward- Did you gain a bunch on your binge?? I can't imagine that you did. You know how to get back on track. You do a good job with that. I think this is just life. Congrats on the kids in school. I'm sure it was an emotional day.

Susie- Hope things are going well for you.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #30  

Hi-I was in binge land with Ward---yesterday and today. Not as big as my binges used to be but still a binge. When I eat for reason's other than hunger I count it as a binge. I'm really in the middle of a stressful time with my job--there are a lot of rumors that they are going to sell a brand that I work on--I work for a huge company and I'm trying to find a job I like before we get sold and I have to take something that I don't like or is a further commute. I already drive 40 min each way everyday. However I want to stay with this company so I'll do what it takes.

Still, why do I think that overeating and not working out will help the situation? Will I ever learn? I've got Zumba to look forward to tomorrow and get I did record the binge in fitday--it wasn't pretty. So, I'm not hopeless.

Ward: I think that you and I are the same...when we feel out of control in areas of our lives or overwhelmed we binge on food. It's our comfort...like booze to an alcholoic or drugs to a druggie...we will figure this out and stop and hopefully we won't do it again or it won't be as bad or long before we get back on track

Mindy & Kelly: How nice you could go to the part together. Did you come up with a plan to get the weight moving again?