Old 11-30-2008, 07:05 PM   #16  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

UGH I so did not wanna get outta bed.......

All I keep saying to myself is, "This is my short week" lol

Cristina -- I know this year has just flown by!

Jules -- That is how my work is too. Seems like the less work you do, the more you get promoted! lol.

Well I guess its off to have some fun.............yippee! I know you all are jealous!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:09 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Back again for a few minutes...

Jules...couldn't remember when WW was doing the tweaking or if it had already been done. And thank you. I do see and feel a difference for sure but I am just getting where I want to be in the time. Not that I have a time frame...just thought I would have, or rather I would have liked to have lost a little more than what I have...wanted to be in the 170's. 70 pounds, wow! I am impressed!

Sassy...oh yeah, I am so jealous...I wanna have some fun too!

MsSuzyQ...where are ya? Hoping all is well. I am thinking you have been working...trying to keep track of your schedule.

Hiya everyone else too

I did manage to get a few things done but those cards are still waiting, as are the packages. I will get it done though.

See ya!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:52 PM   #18  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I awoke to a slight dusting of snow and I guess tomorrow it will be 1 to 3 inches. Brrrr. It never got above 33 degrees today. Needless to say DH nor I walked.

I got mom a flight to Florida for next Sunday. She will be busy this week getting ready to go and I will be busy being envious.

Jules- You and your situation sound so much like DD's, then add in drinking. I know she is better off leaving, but I worry as it is so expensive to live in CA as a single mom. Luckily, she has a female friend from work who wanted a roommate. DD is very vocal and strong. She sure didn't get it from me as I am more quiet and hold things in. My DH is very verbal and I learned to talk back after the kids left. Funny thing, when I started voicing my opinion he backed off some. We are happier this way.

Cristina- I am thinking of buying the tools on e-bay. Just don't want to do the meeting thing unless I can get my friend to go with me. She talks about it then backs out. grrr.. I know people really get results with WW.

Tammy- I am not a big purse person, but I am so glad you got the one you wanted.

Susan, Francie, Katy, Asia, Kathy, Sassy and Mindee- Hope your week-end is going well. It is hard to believe we are starting Dec. Yikes.

I did laundry today and helped DH with some things on the computer (he knows nothing about it) Had leftovers and soup for dinner. Just didn't feel like fussing much.

Hope this is the start of a good week for you all!!

Last edited by suetalks; 11-30-2008 at 09:54 PM.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:05 PM   #19  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

Hope that everyone had a good weekend. I am just popping in really quick to say hello, as I am trying to get the carpets steam cleaned tonight before I go to bed.

Cristina - I agree with your DH. You probably didn't need to clean up anything and your house still would have looked great. Your little Cambrie is such a sweetheart.

Jules, I sure hope that your daughter has a day off soon. She will be exhausted. Her days will go fast being busy though. How old is your little grandson? My little grandaughter just turned 1 year. My DD just asked for some books for her for Christmas this year. She loves looking at books, and being read to already.

Sassy, I sure hope that your short week goes fast for you. Do you always work night shift?

Sue, can your mom sneak me on the plane with her? I would love to go to Florida. Sorry about the LV condo didn't work out.

Mindee, did your friends come over? My DD got DGD picture taken with Santa today. She didn't like Santa at all and wouldn't stop crying until she spotted the reindeer, to which she got excited and said "oh puppy".

Tammy - congratulations on your new "What, you mean this old thing? I've had it forever"

SuzyQ - Did you make it home ok? How was your trip? I don't have a job anymore. I got laid off on Friday. The owner has a few companies, and he is laying off some of his staff so that he can hire foreign workers that have been brought into the country. He says this way he can pay them alot less than he has to pay us. What a jerk. - Well he's alot worse.

Sorry if I missed anyone, I can't remember what was on the last thread.
Must run and get the carpet done.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #20  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Hi everyone.

I think I'm finally recovered from this weekend. I had gone 3 days without proper sleep, lol. I'm good now though. Although, I'm sick again. I just took some Mucinex and its already working, so yay. I love that stuff.

I did some good shopping on sat though. We went to the King of Prussia mall. Omfg, that place was so awesome. My friend and I totally freaked out when we were in Neiman Marcus because they had actual Manolo Blahnik shoes!!!!!!! It was a dream come true. Those shoes are so soft and so beautiful. We saw a bunch of other designer shoes there too. It was like living in our Sex in the City world, lol. All the shoes Carrie talked about were there. It was like being in shoe heaven, lol. All the urban shoe myths come to life, LOL!! I'm now saving up money to buy some Manolos!! I gotta have some.

Anyhoo..I bought Fonzo some stuff..and I bought my friend's hubby something. I still have to shop for her kids, my friend, lol. And some more things for Fonzo. I also bought a Little Brown Bag purse from Bloomingdales, lol. Which they gave to me in a Medium Brown Bag, lol. I totally saved it. I also bought some socks that were on sale from Juicy Couture. LoL!! I just had to have something from the store, lol. I saved that bag too, lol. I just loved that mall. I wanna go back, cuz we could only make it to Bloomingdales towards the end. We got soooooooooooo tired, lol. We spent a good 4 hours there, lol.

Anyways...I must go have some lunch now. Hope everyone is doing great!!!

My anniversary is on thursday!!!!!!!! 4 years baby!!! YAY!!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #21  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hi All.

Well I was correct. My coworker called off lastnight, and will be out the rest of the week too. So no biggie..... I told her that she has to get herself better. I guess she has a major migraine, which I can understand how painful that can be. I guess nothing has touched it and she can't sleep so she is off to Urgent Care this morning.

Well I was Mrs. Productive this morning!! I got home, made breakfast for DH and myself, baked my banana cake, boxed up Susan's gift (DH is gonna ship it out today when he gets to work), and I even gift bagged ALL the gifts we have so far. Well except for the one for my friend's baby. We thought it'd be more fun to wrap hers, so she can unwrap it.

So that being said, I am off to bed because I get to go and have more fun tonight!!! All by myself!!! WOOHOO!!! I know your all jealous! lol.

Latta!

P.S. -- Yes Kathy I always work nights.

P.P.S -- lol.......It was snowing on my way home this morning!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 12-01-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:24 PM   #22  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, I managed to do some of my list today. I have to call and reschedule the kids' doctors appointment and then call and make appointments for me and Tommy.

okay, the boys' appointment is rescheduled, I will call tomorrow to schedule mine and Tommy's so I can figure out when would work best for us. we have to get our cholesterol levels checked, so they recommend that we fast for 12 hours prior to that..so that they can draw the blood right then and there. So, I will talk to him tonight and then schedule them tomorrow.

oh yeah, it is snowing again! light flurries right now, but who knows what it will be like later. our friends never did come over on Saturday.......so we just all hung out here at home. Brandon took a late nap, which he never does anymore, so therefore he was up late that night.

I got up an hour before my alarm went off this morning, so I am sure that it will be an early night tonight, which I am fine with....since the kids like to get up at the butt crack of dawn!

I will go and change my avatar here in a second to one of the shots that I took of the kids. you can see that one, and all the other ones, including shots from Thanksgiving over on my myspace page as well!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #23  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

Quick one...was on earlier but got to chatting and have been ever since. Needless to same nothing has gotten done...no exercise, no laundry, no cards-lol. I'll get it done soon enough. Went to wrap the package for the exchange and I don't have anything to put it in but definitely will get it mailed tomorrow Jules.

Heading to WW later this evening, excited about that. I put up a new ticker but without a time frame. I am a slow loser so...but today, this morning I weighed in at 184.6 just rounded it up to 185...is that cheating, or should I have rounded down to 184? Never do know what to do since it only does it in whole numbers.

Better get going...need to jump in the shower and get at least one dvd done. Chat later.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #24  
kitty Momo

1st list
Asia will send a gift to Cristina
Cristina will send a gift to Jules
Jules will send a gift to Sassy
Sassy will send a gift to Susan
Susan will send a gift to Tammy
Tammy will send a gift to Asia

Since Asia hasn't checked in since the names were assigned, maybe we should change it? I hate to do that but it has been awhile since she has checked in and I would hate to leave someone without a gift or someone with no one to send a gift to........
Yada, yada.........so , how does this list look?

revised list........
Cristina will send a gift to Jules
Jules will send a gift to Sassy
Sassy will send a gift to Susan
Susan will send a gift to Tammy

*change made*
Tammy will send a gift to Cristina

Do you think that is ok?

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 12-01-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #25  
kitty Momo

I am just chcking in real quick, I have had no computer time since last Thanksgiving.
Made it home in the dark and told Gaby "never again"....I lost my mojo , I guess. Scared to death.
I have Monday's and Wednesday's off Cristina.

anyway, Gab and I woke up an hour late today and have been dragging all day. I am tired. I have a 3 day weekend comoing up and think I might have to just stay home instead of making another trip into Portland.

Kathy - sorry about your job

I will have to catch up more later, need to go pick up Gab from school now.

A huge hello to everyone!!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #26  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping back in while Tommy is making dinner.....we are having chicken fetticini alfredo.......

Cristina~ I use the whole math concept with the decimals.....if it is 0.5 and higher then I round it up, and if it is under that then I round it down.

SuzieQ~ It is good to hear from you!!! Sounds like work has been keeping you busy.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:09 PM   #27  
ugggg.....

Mindee-The pics on your myspace are cute--I need to put some new ones up myself. Flurries here and there but nothing big. I can't believe I am actually excited about snow this year.

Susan--missed you...Teri hates the dark too--always has. We have a six hundres foot driveay to the middle of the woods and there are no houses within sight of the bottom of our driveway where are gate is. Drives hubby crazy that she won't get out of the car and shut the gate when it is dark. She says it's too creepy.

Cristina--I missed WW WI on Friday since I had a migrane but I did weigh today and I am not changing my ticker until my actual WW WI next Friday, but I think I lost 2 pounds--I have been sick all weekend and not eating so it may be back by Friday.

Sassy--I am having a hard time going back and forth between a few different ideas for your gift--I will have it sent no later than next Monday via UPS (go brown!!). It's terrible to say but I get more done at work when I am alone.

Francie--the closer you get to DC the stuff at the malls get more swanky. I am sick too--I tried that new Theraflu warming stuff -- it works pretty good on what I have--too bad I left it at work...

Kathy--Teri spent the night here Saturday and Sunday--she slept until 2:00 on Sunday!! Dominic will be 1 on January 4th. He's got walking mastered and even does the little "dance/bounce" thing when he hears music--it's too funny. He really likes to be read to too. Sorry about getting laid off.

Well hi and bye to everyone else--hubby wants to check his ebay!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #28  
I can dream, can't I?

Hi ladies..
Busy getting Mom ready for her trip to FL, coming up Sunday. I had to call for her medical info and some refills, get an appointment for the dogs bath and trim (she gets to go to FL also) and will take Mom to the bank tomorrow. Now, if I could only climb into her luggage and hitch a ride. Funny but DH came in earlier and told me I could go to FL if I wanted, that he wouldn't mind. Ha. Mom got an open ended ticket and won't come back for awhile. He would cave after the first week of me being gone.

I did grocery shopping today while it was snowing..thought it might freeze and get bad, but it didn't then. Later tonight it did freeze.

Of course, it was Monday laundry day..ugh. But it is done and put away.

Nothing else from here, just trying to stay warm and NOT overeat. haha (why is it that comfort, warming food is always so tempting?)
Old 12-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #29  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

Let's see if I can do a little catching up.

Jules...doesn't it seem like the year went by too fast? Can't believe that little Dominic is going to be one already! CONGRAT'S on the 2 pounds! Hey, maybe by the time next WI comes around you will be down even more!

Kathy...can't believe that your granddaughter is going to be one already too! Bet she is a cutie! Sorry about your job, that totally sux!

Sue...like Kathy, can your mom sneak me on as well? Tired of the cold already. You know, actually, I don't mind the cold, it's the wind that makes it really hard. You just reminded me that I need to get some laundry folded and put up.

Francie...sounds like you had a fun day shopping.

Susan...if you mean driving in the dark, I am not a night driver. I don't get scared but I sure don't care for it. Hope you found your mojo!

Mindee...the pictures of the kids are cute! Looked like they were having some fun...at least you got a couple of them sitting down, lol. Love the little dress Marissa is wearing, too cute.

Tammy...bet you can't wait to get your new D&B bag!

Katy...are you out there? Hoping all is well with you and yours.

Kristi...same with you, hoping all is well with you and yours.

Asia...ditto, lol.

Now, who did I forget...I know I forgot someone, always do, or think I do. Ah! Sassy...hope your friend is better...I hate migraines and feel her pain.

Well, I did it! I went to WW and man, all I can say is the leader needs to get some bubbly pills. I don't think I have seen anyone with so much spirit! She's younger than the last one. But she is nice enough and maybe this is what I need to stay motivated! Looking forward to losing and to attending the meetings. Other than that, not a lot going on...need to go fold my laundry before I can go to bed.

Take care ladies, and have a good night.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #30  
I can dream, can't I?

Well, DH and I had a talk about his newly diagnosed high blood pressure. I think he might be ready to lose some weight now. We are going to plan meals and shopping this week for things we BOTH like (I cook for him more than me) then our official date to start is next Mon. We thought that after Mom leaves we could purge the house of sweets...she loves sweets. We are trying to decide if we want to eat a late breakfast then a snack and early dinner with snack later..or early breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks. I told him he is in charge of planning 5 dinner meals. I am planning 5 also. So 2 weeks should be doable...leaving one day a week for going out and one day for cleaning out the fridge and eating leftovers. We do that now.

If anyone has a good meal plan for a dinner pass it my way. I get tired of grilled chicken and veggies. LOL. I like casseroles and crock pot meals. HELP!!

DH wants me to commit to walking every day and I can't say I will. I just can not stand the wind. (as Cristina said) I told him I would commit to SOME exercise daily, just can't promise it will be a walk outdoors.

I think if we get a good start we can do this. We both have to take meds for high blood pressure now and would like to scotch that. If this fails I am going to WW after the first of the year.

On another note, I bought mini rice cakes today in caramel corn and they are not bad. I love the ranch and cheddar cheese ones too. I parcel out a 100 calorie serving. Not bad for a crunchie snack.

Okay, that's all I have.