Old 10-06-2008, 12:25 AM   #1  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Default Back In Kindergarten #58

HI & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Come join us as we walk away the pounds this fall.

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 10-06-2008 at 01:58 PM.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:51 AM   #2  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Omg..I'm so loving this book, The Shunning, right now. It's sooo good. I highly recommend it. I cannot put it down!!!! I could probably finish it tonight if I wanted, buttttttt I have a ton of stuff to do in the morning, so I wont, lol.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:52 AM   #3  

I am such a dingbat that I had my response put in another window and I was ready to post it and clicked closed the wrong box!

so, just quickly about my weekend!

Saturday night was a great night! It was really nice to get out of the house.....and then my friend called Tommy to see how her daughter was doing and he told her that Marissa wouldn't eat for him or her daughter, so he didn't know what to do with her. He said that she was sleepy so he gave her a bottle and put her to bed. When I got home, I went to put my purse in my room and she popped her head up and smiled at me. So, I made her another bottle, tucked her in, gave her a kiss, and she fell right back to sleep.

I stepped on the scale on Sunday morning and got a nice little surprise! It told me that I was 226.6 and I was really surprised especially with eating out, having dessert at the restaurant and then having a small piece of strawberry cheesecake when I got home.

Now that I have my mojo back, I am ready then ever to get into cooking! I have been working on my grocery list and I am dusting off my recipe box and pulling out some nice healthy meals that I can make!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:57 AM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all. I am feeling like my old self today and rarin' to go. As soon as laundry is finished mom and I plan to head to the Mall.

The scales ARE my friend. I actually stayed at 166 over the week-end, so I shall take it this morning. I wanted in the 160's for my 60th...and hoped for 160...but not going to make that one. So, I will smile and be happy with what I have. That is 15 pounds less than I had in March. (man..that is sloooow losing)

I also was planning to buy 2 new pants/tops sets for our trip....got going through my closet and found 2 I had "outgrown" but loved and couldn't bear to part with. They are almost new. Surprise...they fit this morning. so...I can spend that money on a classy pair of shoes. Yay!

I hope everyone is having a healthy and happy day. I will be back later to do indies. Gotta go shop...Lol.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:50 AM   #5  
kitty Momo

Good Morning

wow, happy news, Mindee & Sue! It is great to read some excitement, helps motivate me, thanks. Happy to hear about the weight losses.

When is your birthday Sue??

Marrisa sounds like a sweetie,Mindee. I am glad to read you had a nice evening out. Thanks for starting a new thread

Franice- Do you mean the Shinning? Or Shunning?

I almost have finished my book, stayed up late to do that. I was so thirsty I drank 32oz's of water , so I didn't even bother to weigh this morning. I will change my ticker though because I hovered around 146.8 last week.

Too many tootsie rolls and pancakes, I suppose...and late eating .

I want my Mojo back too!!

Only 1 job lead this morning, paying some bills and signing up for a parenting class on Wednesday nights. Cross fingers the bloody phone rings for interviews! I need to be working full time, ASAP.

Gabster goes on a field trip to the fire station this morning, so she was happy to get ready for school.

k- on the agenda is to drink lots of water and stick to my meal plan!!

Greetings to everyone else!! Cristina, Katy, Jules, Sassy, Tammy, Asia and Miss Jellybean.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 10-06-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good Monday morning, ladies!

FRANCIE...love the costume! Will look great with your new haircolor...you have to take a picture for sure. Last year I bought a witch hat and some tights but never could find a witch costume so nixed dressing up. I still have the hat but think I gave the tights away...one day I will dress up. Going to have to check out your book and see what it is about. I watched some movies on Sci-fi most of the day...actually 4 supposedly scary movies. Two of them were stupid and two were actually okay. I loved Carrie and The Shining. I watched all of the Nightmare on Elm Street ones...as well as all the Friday The 13th, and Halloween...why I'll never know...because after the first one the second and third ones are usually dumb.

SUSAN...funny, hiding out in a room watching CNN, lol. Hey, what do they expect you to do if you can't get in the rooms to clean them? How was your weekend? Never heard of the book or Author you are reading. I am reading, or trying to read Full House by Janet Evanovich...thought I could use something light and silly. While in AR we were browsing thru an Antique mart and I found that book and another. And my mom said she had some JE at home I could take...she didn't like them. Imagine that...someone not likeint Janet Evanovich, lol. Anyway, between the one I bought and the ones she had she had all but two of the Full series. Didn't even know they existed either. But I have to find #2 & #4 I think it was. How are you guys liking your new home? Of course with going to AR and the hubby being on strike for 3 weeks my West Coast trip is out...sorry. This year anyway.

MINDEE...is Marissa okay? She isn't coming down with anything is she? Glad you had a nice evening out. And WTG on the loss!

SUE...enjoy your shopping day with the fam. And WTG on your 160's It doesn't matter how long it takes to get it off, just that you got it off! I feel ya though...it has taken me forever to get this little bit off as well. But at least we know we can maintain.

JULES...hope the computer is doing better for ya. How's all with you? Are you enjoying Ryan being home? Or is he home yet, I forgot?! *slaps forehead* I can't remember. So what is the grandbaby going to be for Halloween? Will you guys dress him up and take him out? I've seen soooo many cute little costumes for the little ones.

SASSY...sorry about the sink...such a pain. Hoping you can get your schedule change. I just couldn't imagine working the hours you do. So when does the hubby start his new job, or has he already? Is he excited?

Nothing much going on today. I've got a little pinch in my left hip so I may not do any exercise today. Not sure yet. It kills me if I don't get anything done so we will see. Did get up early for my walk but the rain hit this morning so that was out. Hate the dreaded treadmill but I know I will have to hit sometime. Going to have V work on my exercise room and get the t.v. hooked up so at least I can pop in a dvd and walk the day away, lol. Anyway...he is getting off early to go to the doctor so guess I will go with him. Hopefully get back in time to cook my pot of chili...have the pinto beans soaking right now.

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 10-06-2008 at 11:58 AM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Susan...you snuck in while I was typing away and looking for graphics. Same here I think...on a candy roll for some reason...those darn choc orange pumpkins and panckaes, lol. Need to learn self control and stay away from them. Normally I am not a fan of the candy but not sure what my problem has been lately. I am lucky that I didn't gain any while gone because the whole time we ate out and snacked a lot, or it seemed like a lot to me. But you are doing good and will get on track. And I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for some interviews!

And yes Mindee...thanks for starting the new thread. I thought about it and then forgot to...my head is elsewhere for some reason.

Have a good one ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #8  
I was born this way hey!

So not much to say right now. I feel like total crap. I basically spent most of the night in the ER. I had a horrible panic attack. I think just being in the ER made it worse too. But they were really nice, unlike at the Naval hospital back in WA. I'm glad I get to go to civilians docs now.

Anyways..I have to rush cuz I'm gonna do the dishes.

Susan~Its called The Shunning

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/076...pf_rd_i=507846

Cristina~I've always been too scared to watch Nightmare on Elm Street. I've started it so many times, but never seen to get past the beginning, lol. I love Halloween..omg, that movie is a classic. Dont care too much for the Jason movies. Why they felt the need to make so many..I have no idea. Maybe to proove that Jason really is effin messed up, lol. The first one, Friday the 13th, was okay though. Kinda freaky, lol. OMG...yesterday we bought the Japanese versions of The Ring, and the Grudge. They look sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo scary!!!!! We also bought this one movie called the Suicide Circle. Looks like I be scared for the rest of my life, LOL!!

OKay..now I really have to do the dishes!!
Old 10-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

lmbo - cute Monday avatar Cristina!

I have never read Evanovich. I really like this book, The Writing Class. I picked up another of her books yesterday, she is a very humorous/smart writer. I am sure you would like the writing style.

I love the new place, I like the almost floor to ceiling window in front, lots of light comes in from that. And it seems to make the stairwell more spacious. Momo likes sitting at top of the stairs. Nosy cat, trying to keep tabs on everyone. lol

ouch on your hip! Hope the pain eases

Gaby's father wants to take her back to Arkansas again, maybe I can hitch a ride and try and see you that way?? Just a thought, course I need a job first, so summer would be when that would probably happen.

Don't ask what the manager thinks you should be doing if you have no rooms! Big mistake...lol. She suggested sweeping the sidewalks and started talking cleaning of the heaters. I guess that is what her husband is suppose to do and when I told that to another *housekeeper* she snorted "they want us to do their work*...so, I eat tootsie rolls and watch CNN. I would suggest they redo the schedule and not have us come in before the sun rises. Geesh. Who wants to get up when it is pouring rain outside?? Not me. Do I sound bitter already?? lmbo.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

oops, you sneaked in Francie, sorry about the ER trip.
Get some rest if you have been up all night. What is the Shunning about? Thought maybe it was a typo with the U and the I

anyway, hugs to you and take it easy
Old 10-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #11  
kitty Momo

oops, you snuck in again Cristina..we can do this all day, huh?? lol

It is Halloween, candy is on sale and such....and it doesn't help that work hands out candy. And if I get the good kind (DOTS and tootsie rolls) I feel a need to eat it. Sugar and Coffee is doing nasty things to my frame of mind.

I did have 1 pancake this morning , along w/ yogurt and a banana.

AND there was a reason I came back...

I was curious if any of you notice a connection between posting and weight loss?? Seems I am not in the mood to post when I am gaining but when I am doing well - or at least motivated - I am ok making the site a regular stop in my surfing.

Does that make sense?? Whatever... I am trying to sound like I have depth. lol...

Toodles :waves:

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 10-06-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #12  
I was born this way hey!

So far I've washed the mugs, cups, glasses, and the dinner plates. I'm just gonna hurry up and do the dessert plates and the bowls..and Fonzo can do the pots, pans and silverware. I'm feeling soooooo sleepy again. I dont think the meds have worn off yet.

Oh ya..they weighed me at the hospital..and I lost 5 pounds without even trying, lol. I dunno how thats even possible. I have been emotional eating lately, and I get full fast, so I never finish anything.

Susan~It's about this Amish girl who finds out a secret her parents have been hiding from her. Its really good!!!! I'm gonna have to go back and the 2nd & 3rd book now.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 10-06-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:23 PM   #13  

hello ladies......how is every one on this Monday?

Well, we finally got a replacement door for the boys closet. Now, Logan is supposed to be napping, but of course, he isn't! But then that means that he will go to bed easier for me since he is not napping.

You ladies are welcome for starting the new thread. I thought we still had some time, then I went back to go over what I had missed and noticed that I was post #100.

I am sitting down trying to get some new ideas for dinners....since we will be going grocery shopping either tomorrow or on Wednesday!

Sue~ That is great news about your victories, both on and off the scale! I just recently found a pair of jeans, that are a size 22, that I can get on and do up without having to lay on the bed to zip them up.

SuzieQ~ That is so cute about Gabster! They are having the open house for the fire department this coming Sunday. So, we are taking the kids, and I think the neighbor is going to come with us. Good luck with your applications! I just sent Tommy's resume for a job that he saw in the local paper. It is for fourth shift, which would be Saturday and Sunday ONLY from 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am. He knows what to do as far as the job entails, so hopefully they call him and he can get that job. He was kind of hesitant at first because he says that then we won't see him at all, but if it means us getting ahead instead of lagging behind, we can make it work.

Cristina~ Thanks for asking about Marissa. She is just used to me feeding her when we all sit at the table to eat dinner. So, I am guessing that is why she wouldn't eat for Tommy. Cause she ate fine for me yesterday. She actually wouldn't fall asleep last night so I had Tommy bundle her up for me and we went for a walk. She coughed a couple of times, so if I feel inclined to walk from now on, it will be by myself.

Francie~ I hope you feel better soon! Yay on the unintentional loss! Since you are going to be a witch for Halloween, what is Fonzo going to be?
Old 10-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

Franice - Go to bed! Dr. Susan's orders.... I am going to snooze the rest of the day myself after I pick up Gab in a few minutes. Congrats on the 5 pounds!

Mindee- I am sooooo lazy. I am trying to get a job without a resume. lol
I like soups and cornbread...chili, chicken/veggie soup. Chicken dumplings, casseroles, meatloaf, hmmm, Mexican.....I think tonight is an easy meal of tomato soup and grill cheese, at least for Gaby, I will stick to a salad. Good luck to Tommy on his application!!

I did get a call while I was out this morning regarding the rehab application. I called back and he would have met w/ me tomorrow but I work, so we scheduled for Thursday morning @10. It is suppose to be a flexible/different shifts (24/7) so I might keep my motel job too if I get this one to work around the motel work hours. Almost have to have 2 jobs to cover all the bills. I love being single!!

k- off to get the Gabster. Fighting the urge to visit the reduce bakery rack at the store.....what if they have pies???? lol

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 10-06-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #15  

popping in quickly for a second........

we are having chicken alfredo for dinner....Tommy is making it his own way.

good luck SuzieQ!