Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 06:33 AM   #16  
Work in Progress

HI all!!

My heart is full! I am so glad to see the MIA post, or soon to post!

Sue and I have been holding down the fort.

I woke up an dit was 50 degree's. Unbeleivable a heat wave. The extended forecast is a little bit warmer. I saw someone's yard and it wa full of snow drops. I am planning on doing some container gardening. AS I really don't know where i'll be when it finally is OK to put in a garden here.

Melody. Nice to see you. I too suffer from arthritis. "one of the 100 different varieties" according to teh doc. One of the things I take ( or should) is glucosamine&chondroitin. A supplement. It does help. I also find that regular exercise also help. I am in teh middle of my annual spring flare up. Not a good thing. I also find that keeping hydrated also helps. So was this your ankle problem?

Dana my girl. Looking forward to seeing you.

Pam how are things?

Sue. Thanks for your ongoing support and courage.

Well off to tues.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:57 AM   #17  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Good Morning Chickee babes!

Pat- Yes, the arthritis was my ankle problem. It has since struck my knees, elbows, and wrists as well...my ankles are the big problem however. I will not let it get me down. They put me on a anti-inflammatory, and it has helped. I too have been sticking with the work outs. My doc said if I take off 5 pounds that is 20 pounds of pressure off of my knees, so hey I am game! He told me about that Gluco stuff, and I may try that also. Other than that, he really didn't tell me much...basically it's something I will have to live with.

I did 20 minutes on the elliptical last night. Boy was that tough...I waited til right before bed, and man I was wore out! But I did it. I want a better bdy by Mother's Day!

I wish I could get this diet thing down! gosh i have no will power. I probably will not weigh in for a week or two, til I know that there is a loss. The gain weeks really depress me! At least now, thw work out portion is up and going strong. I will not let one missed workout destroy my efforts!

Sue- Sorry about having to let go of your cabana boy...he sounds hot!

Pam- I am thinking of you!

Dana- I miss you!

Terri- Hello!!! Glad to see you.

If I am missing anyone, forgive me!! I love you guys!

Stay OP!
Old 04-09-2002, 12:39 PM   #18  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

melody I had a great one on one today with him and he killed me I lifted bench pressed 135 lbs!!! I am going to try to keep him. the glucosamine had helped many people so give it a try yopu can buy it buy the huge bottle for not too much.

I just got a great call from a woman with CAPCO a business for helping people here in NY and they want my services for helping people leanr nutrition and lose weight!!! I am so excited i must get to work and get my stuff prepared.

Pat isn't this weather wonderful I try to keep an eye on the weather you are having so i can feel with you. I am so excited to see all the flowers starting and can not wait till tomorow!!! whe it will be sunny and nice!!!

So my girls that are havign problems with your joint i can feel for you Lucky for me it is temporary) my hip is still bothering me i have pulled my hipflexor tendons and well must let them heal and when i run make sure i use proper body alignment, and slow doen on the advancement of distance so it is no running i think for this week and start back at 2 - 3 miles when i do get back. But in the mean time i must get to work..

have a great day!!!
Old 04-09-2002, 10:56 PM   #19  

Default Hello

Hi everyone...

OOOOPPPPsss!!!!! I must have posted on the wrong topic last time.....I was starting to feel sorry for myself when I didnt see any replies over on the other thread.... Im glad I jumped into here........

IT IS GREAT TO BE BACK!!! I''ve been OP, feeling great, getting the house back in order...we all made it out safely.....just the poor house and appliances that took all the beatings.....

Well, at this point I can only think of one thing to say:

THINK SPRING

I sure am getting tired of all this rain and grey skies we have been having.......

have a great day... I will try to pop in tomorrow.....
Old 04-10-2002, 12:34 PM   #20  
Muscle Mommy

Good afternoon Chickees!

All is well today. I waited too long to work out last night. I waited until after 10:00 and by that time I was so pooped I cold only do half of it (Upper body weight training) I was really trying to push it too, but I was just worn out. I promised myself I would do the second part today, and I would do the elliptical today as well. I say today because I am never going to wait that long to work out again.

Sue- Sounds like a good workout!!! 135 pounds!!!! That is awesome! I bet I couldn't do half of that!

Terry- Glad to hear from you!

Everyone have a good day!
Old 04-10-2002, 03:38 PM   #21  
gbo

My Darlings,
Well Op is not total as I have been to tired to do much cooking. After 14 years of being nearly bed bound, painting the ceiling of a twnty six foot livingromm by 16 feet has made for a very sore Pam! I have no muscles left and this body is not happy with me. It looks as though Hurrican Andrew moved through this house but it will be lovely when it is done. We knocked down the ceiling beams and yes I helped, and painting the ceiling was a job as it soaked up the paint like a dehydrated desert flower.Hubby had to get two more gallons today to finish it right. I will start the walls tomorrow and hopefully get it finished Put back the furniture and set the livingroom back up. Polish all the furniture and clean the floors from all the dust of sanding the mantle! Freshen up the bedrooms and then Hubbys family will be here!!! So much to do!!!!! Needless to say I am more than exhausted. I am taking Friday off!!!
The leaves are all on the trees and the wisteria has faded away being replaced by the Honeysuckle. The skies are overcast but it serves to soften the look of nature to a silvery glow. In the evenings the rain falls tenderly to keep our garden growing well while we are so busy inside. It seems so quiet and serene in nature as though it is waiting for us to get done so that we can enjoy it all. The air is fresh and clean from the evening rains and fresh mowed grass enhases the effect so well.The leaves of the trees seem to nestle us protectively set back down the curved driveway from the road. Soon the house will be equal to the surroundings nature has provided us with. Tiny flowers of pink and white abound and the large beautiful Bluejays weave in and out of the green leaves demonstrating the Glorious rich blue God made them.The aming red cardinals to display their adornment.Sparrowsand finches and a myrid of glittering birds coplete the beauty with much spendor. Squirrels run and play along the fences and buterflies have come to dance upon the currents of air in total abandonment. So...all is well,just very busy inside the walls
of the home as visions long held in my mind unfold in reality. Our home made new and more warm and inviting.
Love you all.
Pam
Old 04-11-2002, 05:33 AM   #22  
Work in Progress

Hi all,
just a quick note.

The ortho went OK. No surgery at this point but no more running on teh treadmill. seems there isn't enough cartilage. I also must strat cross training.

Not OP at all yesterday. UGH!

Will give myself the rest of this week off from exercise and retuen in full force on MONDAY

The weatehr is supposed to be better today!

Hello everyone

Off to better eating today
Old 04-11-2002, 08:13 AM   #23  
Muscle Mommy

Good Morning...

Pam, isn't Spring lovely....I am so glad to hear that you are doing so much better!

Pat, sorry about no more running . Take a much needed break, feel better, and come back strong on Monday.

As for me. I am not Op at all today! i don't know what is wrong with me....I get one part right and then the other part of my program goes to heck....

Walked over 2 miles yesterday, lightly jogged for one minute....ankles have been realy stiff...I hate this arthritis stuff...

How are the rest of you ladies doing?

I have been having some mean craving s for beef and bean buritios....Don't understand that one at all....

It's warm and sunny....70+ some degrees today. My class is spending all day outside today!!! I definitely have Spring fever!

Everyone have a wonderful Spring day!
Old 04-11-2002, 05:12 PM   #24  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Talking "I'm hooooooooome!"

Hello My Friends!

I have been MIA! It feels good to be back! I love the title of this thread! The bus is movin' again! Glad I am on board!

Long story short............I have felt I had nothing to share with you all! I have been at a stahl since the holidays. I "tweaked" my plan and slowed down on the exercise----(2 real no-nos) --so needless to say-----10 pounds found me! I weighed in this morning and have RE-COMMITTED myself both TO MYSELF and to you ALL! It is my birthday. I turned 44! (Hubby says time to trade me in for 2 22 year olds!)

I am still proud of the fact that since I began my journey in July I have lost nearly 40 pounds! I still have a way to go. On the positive side my size 18 and 20 pants still fit.........(ok, I admit the jeans are tight!).........so I have not decided to kill myself over 10 pounds. Hope SPRINGS eternal.........it IS spring..and I AM HOPE! Sooo...here I go again!

I apologize for simply fading away. It it not at all like me. I have not excuse but the truth.........I felt I had nothing to share.

But that was yesterday! Today is a new day. Nasus promised me some pink duct tape to go with my sprong wardrobe! Tape me in good! I am here to stay!

I have missed you all more than you know and I hope you forgive my absense. It had nothing to do with anyone here.........it was ME............just me. I was not feeling the energetic HOPEFUL way.......and I did not want to bring anyone down. That was wrong. I know in my heart I can share with you, friends, the ups and downs.

So...........here I go..................My love you all!

Happy Birthday to me.MORE HOPEFUL THAN EVER!!!
Old 04-11-2002, 10:33 PM   #25  
Trying to find my way.

DANA!!!! Welcome HOME!!!! I am sorry that I did not get on board before you came to with it to you so you would see it!! So Hope that yu had a great one!!!

We did miss you and well the duct tape is neede all around I was doing great for a few days till DH had to bake 2 cakes for bosycouts and well they had problems so i had to repair and well i nibled and nibbbled and tasted while i was repairing and so today and yesterday was off plan, but i am ready for tomorow *(the cakes ae out of the house)))

Pat I am sorry that your kneese are not holing out. cross training is good!! that will give you a well rounded set f exercises to do!!!

Pam things sound wonderful. My house is in a uproar but it is just chaos from not cleaning not from renovating and fixing like yours!!! Please hun take it easy!!!

Melody I understand that problem I was doing great when i was taking some chromium in the afternoon so that will be started tomorow to get me back OP!!! the out side for school sounds wonderful!!! and the jogginhg I know can be hard on the ankles so easy and take some ibuprofen before youstart for a few weeks I have to do that or my ankles kill me but if i do that then it is much easier and not as painful and i get used to it and in a short time i have no further pain!!

Terri we would not have forgoten you!!! We all posted to you but here!!! I should have said some thing! SORRY!! when youa re donw with your hosue you can stop here and help me get back in order!!! LOL things are looking up for me for work but it will take time. avon is looking fair too!!!
Old 04-12-2002, 09:33 AM   #26  
Muscle Mommy

Dana!!!!! WE MISSED YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!! I AM SO GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU ARE BACK!!!!!

Well it started out to be a beautiful day but now it looks like rain!!DARN!!! I was hoping that it would miss us! IT is a much better day if I can get my class outside.

Took yesterday off from exercise. Will weight lift today!

Dana, Don't feel bad. I probably weigh about 10 pounds more than my last weigh in...but I'm not sweatin it. I'm not weighing, because knowing for sure would kill my motivation. i am workin out now, and hopefully i will get this diet thing down soon, and the pounds will come off. I believe it will happen, therefore it will.
We are here for each other no matter what...and we are not judgemental...we love you no matter if you lose a pound or gain 10. Because we are in this together. 40 pounds is an incredible amount of weight to lose. Just stay focused, and don't get down on yourself. If you know you are doing what needs to be done, don't worry about what the scale says. You are winning just by staying with it!

Sue- You are the kick butt queen! Your dedication to working out astounds me! Keep it up!

Pam, How ya doing?

Terri, How are you doing? How's the house/

Pat, how are you enjoying your short break?

Have a lovely weekend!
Old 04-12-2002, 09:04 PM   #27  

Default I REALLY MISSED YOU ALL

Hi all....

just popping in for a few seconds to say Hi........

Thanks everyone for the welcome back....I sure did miss you all here...its funny how you get used to chatting and getting to know people here and then you have to go without being able to talk to them or letting them know why you cant be here and you realize how much you miss them..... I MISSED YOU ALL

TGIF...........Im so glad this week is over with...whew.........

hanging in with the OP, just working on the exercise part of it....the kids have too many things going to give me time to workout but I am just gonna make up my mind that I have to make the time...so starting Sunday I am gonna do something, either an exercise tape or a walk.....

Please explain to me what an ellipctal??? is again????...might be something I could use.....I get bored on the treadmill. I would rather be outside walking (at least when the weather is nice).

Take care everyone.........great to see ya Dana!!!!

Sue---You rock girl!!!! you definetly keep me going......

Pat--- I know what you mean about the knees....mine have really been bothering me...we have a lot of stairs in our house and lately it's been **** trying to get up and down them.....

Melody----- GUM????? You have definetly got to let me know how that works..... sounds like something I could use......

Pam---- When your'e done at your house could you come fix mine up????? sounds like you are keeping real busy around your house!!! It will be great when its all done......

Talk to ya later
Old 04-12-2002, 10:16 PM   #28  
Trying to find my way.

Terri the elliptical is a machine that you use it is like a combo of stairmaster and treadmill the feet go in a elliptial motion but NEVER leave the pads. it is like walking, or even running and it is very easy on the joints so you do not get the pain from the pounding. You can change the tesnion and some of them you cam make it seem like you are going up hill or down. and some have hand movement also (my favorite) They are programed and can do many different things you can go backwards and really do a butt killer exercise.

I wish that i could be worth of your praise but lately it is not taking me much to fall off the wagon. so that is why i am going to do the BFL with melody and LK if she is ready!!! this way i can feel like the exercise is not going to waist (pardon the pun) I have to dump my cabana boy as i can not afford him. I love working with him but I have to let him go. so I must develop a program so i will succeed!!! so that is it!!! I will be OP this we4ekend but modnay is my official start date so you will see days by my signature and that is what it means. I may even cound down the weeks till the anniversary which is my 19th but where my goal weight is set for. I may not reach goal weight but i will reach a goal size if i do this right!!! a size 8. do you think that i can do it??? that is going to be tons of hard work but i know of people doing the bfl workouts and lost 1 size a month!!!I would be happy with a 10 but i would like to squeeze my butt in a 8. so i have set it in writing. so be it!!

Pam will be doing my house first then to yours!! terri
Old 04-13-2002, 08:22 AM   #29  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hello All!

Happy Saturday to you all!

Not much newwith me. On plan and avoiding the scale until I "feel" like facing the metal monster and stomping on him with an "I DARE YOU!"

Saturday means a MEGA listofhousehold chores for me so I must get at them!

Hello to you all! It feels good to be back!

Dana (Hopeful........THANK YOU!)
Old 04-13-2002, 08:33 AM   #30  
Trying to find my way.

Hi all. had a not good day yesterday did fine till i went all day without food and well it was not pretty

I do not know why i sabotage myself! I do so great till it comes to the afternoon. I know what to do it is just getting it done!!!

So I again say that i will have to make a huge commitment to the exercise part, and the push should help with my followthrough. maybe make sure that i eat more frequently and take my P-bars that was a great help!!! i was sooo op when i was doing them. So today is my prep day for PPWAV!!! (protein Power With A vengence) no exercise for me but staying OP is my plan!!! wish me luck!

Dana the scale is not going to be in myplans till monday m,y official day and then only once a month. this will be fun not getting on one for that long i do not think i can do it!!!
Closed Thread