3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Jazz, Jive, and Jump in July - The wordly chicks are moving the jiggling bits (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/145224-jazz-jive-jump-july-wordly-chicks-moving-jiggling-bits.html)

diyana 07-07-2008 03:43 PM

we're about to move off of the first page and we can't have that. :lol3:

Hope everyone is having a good day!

happy2bme 07-08-2008 12:55 AM

Quick pop in here as I have an early morning meeting and probably won't be able to post.

I went to the podiatrist today. My toe joint is very inflamed and I have humongous heel spurs. He gave me a cortesone shot in the foot - made me immediately forget about the pain as my head nearly hit the ceiling :yikes: Toes are rather numb now but they don't hurt as much as they did earlier. I think my body is reacting crazy because now my arm hurts :dizzy: Foot is sore but I'm sure it will ease up in a day or two.

This getting old is a :censored:

Off to bed now. Sweet dreams to most - stop and take a break now Shaddie. :D

Shy Moment 07-08-2008 03:03 AM

happy
Sorry your foot is hurting. Getting old isn't the problem lol, not taking care of the body is the problem. Good thing we have all decided to treat our body's better and take care of them.

di
Glad you had a nice time

Melody
Sounds fun. Going to start that routine tomorrow. Will see how it goes. There is no way I am going to do 250 of the 100's at one time lol.

Hi
Annie, cee, shad, Ruth and everyone else.

Sorry have been so busy but everything is done except getting the kids to straighten their rooms and me do laundry. Sure going to burn some calories to have everything finished up before company gets here tomorrow late afternoon/early evening.

Shad 07-08-2008 06:36 AM

Guess I have been too busy to get in here today. But it has been productive. Got up early and started work (4.30am) and got in a hour or so when the gremlims got into the computer. Something to do with the company network cos mine was performing just fine. It was real spooky. I thought there was someone in there working on the same document. Whole paragraphs disappeared around me. Words appeared where I hadn't put them. So I shut down before it gobbled my entire paper. Got off the network and worked on for another couple of hours quite happily. Weird huh. Then went to gym for the pump class at 9.15. This will be my last trip to the old gym. Don't know where I'll go from here, but I have time to sort it out. I'll be in JK for two weeks and home for a week for the next two and a half months, so by the end of that I should have an idea what I want to do. Anyway, did a basic shop after that and got home to do another 1/2 hour work when the man arrived to prep the floor in the foyer for tomorrows floor installation. Man the chemical he used drove all the gremlins from the brain. I don't know how he works with it frequently and not wear a mask. Silly man.
Then I had some lunch and went back to work. As I said the gremlins ate anything I opened in the morning but all was well this afternoon. Did a conference call and then wrote until 6.30pm when it was dinner time. Now I am back to finish a few more things and have a clear field tomorrow. There is a light down the end of the tunnel but it is still a distance off. I'm just finishing off a glass of a rather nice Spanish red. Bedtime is a way off yet though. Still have to format the payroll stuff. A (lovely lady that she is) wrote it for me yesterday. Bless her cotton socks.

That's about it from me. Sorry no personals. Just no time. See ya

MELODY525 07-08-2008 07:50 AM

MICHELLE...ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHERE WERE YOU THAT SUMMER WHEN JAWS NEEDED CATCHING???:yikes:
WOW THOSE WERE SOME SIZE FISHES!! :cheer3:

HAPPY....JEN AND I CALL THEM SYMPATHY PAINS. SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE ALL CONNECTED :rofl: YES...GETTING OLD CAN BE A BIOTCH! :rollpin: HOPE THE PAINS GO AWAY! GOOD LUCK WITH THE FOOT!! WHEN I GOT THE SHOTS IN THE HIPS, I SAID THE SAME THING AS YOU...WELL DOC TANKS SO MUCH CAUSE NOW I CAN ONLY FEEL THE NEEDLE AND NOTHING ELSE HURTS ANYWHERE ON MY BODY!! :cry:

SHAD....GREMLINS? :yikes: :faint: THAT'S HOW I FELT WHEN THE PC CRASHED! NOT NICE AT ALL. HAVE THEY LEFT YOU IN PEACE NOW? SEND THEM FAR AWAY!!!BUT NOT IN THE EASTERLY DIRECTION!!! I HAVE GOOD NEWS TO REPORT....

LAST WEEK I WEIGHED IN AT 188 THEN ON SATURDAY IT WAS 189 :yikes: TODAY I WEIGHED IN AT 186.5 :cheer: I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT FOR AWHILE LAST WEEK I WAS GETTING CONCERNED AND ALMOST MADE A DRS APPT! AND I HATE GOING OUT THERE!!! :rofl:
I AM OFF TO THE SUPERMARKET. THE GRANDSON KEEPS SLEEPING WITH HIS HEAD TUCKED INSIDE THE FEATHERS. HE SHOWS NO SIGN OF WANTING TO WAKE UP. THIS DARKER WEATHER IS MAKING EVERYONE SLEEPY. THE BUILDING HAS BEEN SOOOO QUIET IT'S SCARY! :lol3: :lol3:
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY CHICKLETTES :moped:

diyana 07-08-2008 08:11 AM

Good morning ladies -

I went to the gym last night and did a bit of treadmill followed by a fast paced circuit training class that combined resistance training with cardio stations. It was a tough 1/2 hour workout, but I felt great afterward. I was so energized that after I got home, I folded the upteen loads of laundry that had covered the couch, and did 2 other loads besides. That's what I get for a weekend of nearly all play and no "chores". I think I'll have to go grocery shopping tonight after the gym as we're running out of the basics.

I woke up this morning to a :goodscale: I've lost 2 more lbs!! :woohoo:

Mel - So Leslie has a way to lose all of this in 6 weeks? Cool! Thanks for sharing her secrets. I'd be thrilled if I lost it all by Christmas, but 6 weeks would be even better. You're so funny...the fish we caught weren't great white sharks...but they did have big jaws and teeth! :rofl: Congrats on the great weight loss! YGG!

Happy - Inflamed toe joint and humongous heel spurs! :yikes: I hope the cortisone helps your foot and eases the pain, and I hope that your arm pain goes away too. I get cortisone shots in my back occasionally and they help a lot. And as my dad always said....getting old is better than the alternative. :lol:

Rennie - I hope you are able to relax a bit and enjoy your company!

Shad - Starting work at 4:30 a.m.! :yawn: And working until bedtime? How do you do it? Those computer gremlins sound awful. I've never heard of such weird system issues. 2 weeks in Jakarta and a week home for 2-1/2 months...too bad Jakarta isn't a nicer place. Hopefully you'll be able to work out at the hotel gym (when it's not overrun by businessmen).

Well, I'd better get cracking on my work projects. Here's to a great day for all of us!

annie175 07-08-2008 09:15 AM

Happy Tuesday and trash night.

DS is coming home tonight and staying til Friday. I will drop him off on the way to St. Louis for the baby shower. You should see the tiny 0-3mos bathing suit I got for the baby. OMG it is so adorable. Pink with butterfly applicates. Also a pink and brown beach towel. A floatie for newborns, and two sleepers. Oh so adorable.

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban had their baby. A 6lb7 0z girl named her Sunday Rose Kidman Urban. Bet she is cute. I love Keith Urban, Nicole who??? lol

Michelle...CONGRATS ON THE 2LBS DOWN!. You are awesome.

Rennie...Have lots of fun with your company.

MEL...the watermelon agua fresca sounds delightful. I am SO into watermelon these days. I bought a whole watermelon on Thursday evening and had ate the entire thing by myself by Sunday. OINK OINK, POO POO POO...

Happy...aahhhh you poor thing, hope all is better soon. Feet hurting is not good, that is our getty ups.

Shad...where do you find the energy? Between work and exercise, you do circles around me.

Sunny this morning, T-storms this afternoon. Bleck.

Have a marvelous day.

Love and Hugs

diyana 07-08-2008 09:29 AM

Annie - Glad that your DS is coming home for a couple days! How nice for you! Your baby shower gifts sound SO cute! As for your weather....at least you're having sun this morning. We've just got clouds with a chance of T-storms all day. We had BIG boomers last night. I had to hold my little baby girl puppy (okay...she's a bit over a year old, but she's still my baby girl) because she was frightened a bit by the thunder. She is getting a lot better about dealing with the thunder though.

ceejay52 07-08-2008 03:43 PM

Happy
I remember those cortizone shots. OUCH

Just popping in to say hello No news is good news.

Shad 07-08-2008 04:14 PM

Morning all,
Another quickie for me I'm afraid. The floor man is due in 2 hours or so and I have to shift this furniture, get breakfast and lunch made and done, clean the floors and do some work if I can figure out where I am going to keep my laptop. I hope this man a) does a great job, b) does it quickly and c) doesn't want to talk about it ad nauseum.
I'm going to be down the other end of the house, although if it is fine as it promised to be last night then I might just work outside. I'm hoping to put most of the furniture out there since it will only be one door I have to get it through and that is the widest one in the house. There is a glimmer of light out there so the sort of day it will be, will soon be visible. And with that, I'd better go check out some breakfast and get one with things.

I'll be back.

Shy Moment 07-08-2008 10:51 PM

Sorry, not much time for personals. Well the house is done, the yard is done. Everyone is hear. Oh joy for me ( do I sound NOT happy about all the company lol ). Tomorrow is back to my normal schedule and I can't wait. I love schedules and routines and to do lists that only have normal things on them lol.

MELODY525 07-09-2008 07:16 AM

MICHELLE...TETH?? THANK GOD I AM IN THE WHEELCHAIR AND WILL NEVER GO SWIMMING ANYMORE! :yikes: I CAN SEE NOW IT'S NOT SAFE TO BE IN THE WATER ANYWHERE :swim:http://www.yahoofreak.com/3D%20Smile...0alligator.gif
:cheer3: WAY TO GO ON THE 2LBS....AT LEAST YOURS STAY OFF!! :rofl:

ANNIE.....I TRIED STUFFING MYSELF WITH FRESH FRUITS OF THE MELON VARIETY AND ALL I GOT WAS A BELLY ACHE :lol3: CONGRATULATIONS NICOLE & KEITH :bb:
I LOVE BABY SHOPPING. SOUNDED LIKE ADORABLE OUTFITS. HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE SHOWER AND WITH DS.

CEEJAY....:running: ARE YOU OFF EXERCISING SOMEWHERE AND DOING ALL GOOD THINGS? :wave: SAYING HELLO BACK TO YA!

SHAD....IS ALL THE FLOORING DOWN? DID YOU HAVE TO SLEEP UNDER THE STARS AS WELL? HOPE THE JOB WENT WELL AND HE WASN'T A CHATTERBOX CHATTY CHARLIE.

RENNIE....TOTE THAT BARGE! LIFT THAT BALE! GET BACK TO WORK YOU WENCH! :rollpin:

:cofdate: WHAT A SCORCHER YESTERDAY. IT WAS GORGEOUS EARLY IN THE AM AND I ATE MY BREAKFAST OUTSIDE. WHEN WE GOT OUT OF THE SUPERMARKET ABOUT 3 HOURS LATER WE ENTERED INTO THE TWILIGHT ZONE SAUNA BATH! HOW IT CAME UPON OUR AREA SO QUICKLY REMAINS A MYSTERY TO ME! OH CRAP....
MY COMPUTER IS INSISTING IT NEEDS TO UPDATE NOW WITH SOME SECURITY STUFF FROM MCAFEE. .
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY :moped:

happy2bme 07-09-2008 08:56 AM

Good morning chicks,

Mel - I think we've all felt a cool front coming in but now that I think about it, you never experience a warm front quite the way you described it. It's getting steamy here too. Hard to dry off after the morning shower. Summer is here. I didn't realize you had patio dining. Maybe I'll join you one day if you don't get up TOO early :cofdate: I think it's so cute when the birds sleep like that. Guess we'd look pretty dumb if we went to sleep sniffing our "pits" :lol:

Shy, there's something comforting about routines - you sound glad to get back to yours. Is the company all gone?

Geez Louise - is it me or does it sound like Shad is posting in the dark of the night. Dawn's first light? Hope you get everything shifted and Mr. Floor Guy attends to his business and leaves you to yours.

Hello Ceejay :wave:

Annie - I've always loved shopping for baby items. They make the cutest things - hard to pick out just a few items. And it's such a shame that one gets flooded with stuff the first year when they can only wear an outfit once or twice before they grow out of it. I'm enjoying the watermelon too. It's about time they started tasting good.

Michelle - I didn't know that you had gotten a new puppy! Is it the same breed as your other two? You seem to prove out the theory that exercising gives you energy. Sometimes it's just good to set your mind down and tackle some of the things around the house. I did a good 20 minutes of Flylady this morning and it makes a difference.

The cortisone shot and the Celebrex seem to be helping some. Still have pain but not as intense. Today my neck hurts. :rolleyes: Yesterday I was sitting next to one of my coworkers in a meeting - he caught a summer cold and was looking pretty wretched. I thought - hey no problem but today my throat is scratchy and my nose is a bit sniffly. He's going to get the :rollpin: from me if he's contagious and gets us all sick because you just can't seem to get rid of a summer cold :mad: Don't worry, I'll keep the germs away from you chicks :lol:

Time to get to work. Have a good day everyone.

upswife 07-09-2008 09:45 AM

Morning ladies!! sorry it has taken me so long to post...camping was great, then had a busy weekend when we got back. I have been fighting off a headache for a few days. Hoping to get out of the house for a little while today.

Will catch up on the reading...hope everyone is well

annie175 07-09-2008 10:09 AM

Good Morning and it is Hump Day again....where does time go, and faster and faster the older I get. Dang.

Stormy last night, now it is awful outside. Humidity is so high, you need scissors to cut through it. No walking today as witches melt when they get wet (Wizard of Oz as proof), therefore I do not want to sweat and be stinky as I melt in the office.

Howdy to all.

Have a great day.

Love and Hugs