3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Jazz, Jive, and Jump in July - The wordly chicks are moving the jiggling bits (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/145224-jazz-jive-jump-july-wordly-chicks-moving-jiggling-bits.html)

happy2bme 07-03-2008 08:41 AM

Good morning fine ladies,

Long weekend almost upon us. :dance:

I woke up this morning with back spasms. The kind of "one wrong turn and you're on the floor lady" kind of thing. I don't need this as I have lots to sort out and get done this weekend. :mad:

Mel - a laptop will stay on - generally for about 2 hours before the battery runs out and then it's hello dark screen. However, if the network is also down (being that it also requires power for the servers that run the network), there's generally not much you can do with said laptop since most of the doco as Shad would say is on the network servers. So... you may have it but it doesn't do much good. Kinda like having a raw chicken but no stove - you got food but can't necessarily eat it :lol: I hope you have a quiet and peaceful weekend. Although with 4th of July and kids with firecrackers, it's hardly peaceful.

Poor Shad - no wonder you are stressed out. Are you still the ONLY trainer trying to be everything to everyone???? The more I hear about your job, the more I'm glad YOU are the one doing it :rofl: However, I think you are spot on listening to some music which will sooth the nerves and soul while you tackle Mt. Everest there. Good luck with the HR piece. Remember your saying about magic and miracles (can't remember the phrase at the moment). Something about blah blah I can do in a day but miracles take a bit longer ;)

Ceejay - don't fret over the WW points thing. I think those of us who have done the program can tell you with confidence that it takes a few go rounds of planning and trial and error to get the meals balanced to the proper points. Then there is the Wendie plan where you stagger points within 5 points plus or minus of your limit. Which means some days you might have as much as 31 points while others in the week may go as low at 21. I often wonder if I ever was to get at goal how I would survive on the low number of points I'd get. But people do it so it can be done.

Shy - the vet just gave us Revolution. I guess we will try one dose and see how it works (or doesn't). Perhaps it works better on cats. :crossed: Or you could just be having an unusually tough flea season for poor Bella. Enjoy your company.

Ruth - I hope things turn out ok for Disney.

Michelle - happy fishing - hope the weather holds clear enough for you to get out in the boat and enjoy those fireworks. Why is it that it can be clear for weeks but it always seems to get overcast for holiday fireworks shows? Enjoy that long weekend!

Hellos to Madcat, Carla, Patty, Rose, Ellen and Annie. They are closing the office early so we have a shorter workday today too. Later chicks...

Shad 07-03-2008 06:51 PM

Morning all,
I'm about to blow a phoo phoo valve. I've been happily working away since 6.00am (well perhaps happily is not quite it) in the training database and getting along quite nicely and now it is deciding not to work.

Aaaaarrrrrrrghhhhh.

It's just hanging there not doing a thing. I guess I am going to have to get up somebody soon. I can not afford for it to go down today.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...line_flag1.gif

Happy 4th July to you all. Celebrate and enjoy

Happy - so sorry that you are being strung up with the back and for no reason. Not something you need on the 4th July. ooops not quite there for you guys yet.

Mel - one of my laptops will hold out for around 3 or 4 hours on the battery but I can't get any mail, internet, intranet or network if the power goes out. The other loses battery power at a terrifying fast rate. For that simple reason, I'm fairly anal about the stuff I am working on and bring most of the doco down to my hard drive for the duration of what ever I am working on. It goes back to the network or gets deleted when I am finished doing the changes or have saved the new document back on the network.
Works for me.

Ands thats about the time I can afford here for the moment although if I can't get some sense out of some tech head somewhere you may be reading about me from the local penitentiary. I'll try to get back later

ceejay52 07-03-2008 07:00 PM

Hi every one.

You don't know until you get there was my moto today. I knew I had two appointments with different doctors. One was with a ear nose and throat doctor. I do have some hearing loss due to the work I do. I asked him about that due to the pumps and motors. He said most diffinately. At work from now on I need to wear ear plugs. He told me later on in my life I'd probably have to have hearing aides. SIGH. The heart doctor told me I did have some plaque build up but will not know how much until I see my regular doctor. The woman who did my test said there was very minimal. I had the carotid arteries checked. The ear nose and throat doctor suggested allergy testing so I'm down for that next week. His nurse was going to do it but since I'm taking a beta blocker, I have to have blood drawn. No histamines for a week. SIGH. I'm so glad that I chose a doctor in Jonesboro. I've found out more in one visit than I have all these years with the previous doctor.

I ate a late lunch at Ryan's today. I like to go there when it's not very crowded. I looked up the food choices and stuck to them. Now I'll go enter them on the WW web sight.

Called my boss on the way home today to see if we got paid today. He said that Frank had been by the house several times today. All he had to do was call and I would have told them where I was. When I paid my rent there was a line and then to the bank and another long, long line, even the drive throughs were filled to capacity. One of my co-workers said he'd been in line for and hour.

Mel and Shad
My lap top will last for a couple of hours but I love the wireless internet.

Happy
Ouch for the back problems. I have those dreaded muscle spasm too. One hit me not to long at work. I didn't think I'd get down the stairs to go home. My co-worker walked down with me in case I fell. A heating pad does wonders for me.

To the rest have a safe week end.

Shy Moment 07-04-2008 01:34 AM

Shad
With all the storms going around I think a lot of people are having power go in and out.

Di
Hope you find lots of time during your 4 day weekend for some fun and relaxation.

Ruth
Sure hope Disney is ok.

happy
Oh please be careful with your back. Take it easy and try not to do anything you don't have to do until you feel better. Fleas have been real real bad around here this year. Winkie doesn't go outside and he seems to be doing fine on the revolution. Bella isn't itching as much and it is almost time for her second dose. Might just be because the fleas are so bad this year it is going to take a few doses for it to work well for her. Took Bella to the groomer today. OH MY GOSH I was very clear I wanted her trimmed to about 3 to 4 inches long. When it isn't so hot I will keep her in a full coat. I love my hour or two at night that I sit and watch tv and brush and groom her. This is the one thing each day I do for myself because I enjoy it so much and she loves the attention. I went to pick her up and jokingly said, " I hope you didn't clip her to short." This poor little thing can't have an inch of hair. I was sooooooooo mad. Guess I get to learn something new. Going to get dog grooming books and learn to do it myself. I thought only men thought 1 inch was 4 inches lol.

Melody
I swear Bella is vain lol. She loves to be brushed. She loves to get her dress on when we go somewhere. She loves her bows and barrettes. After she came home from the groomers today. She was a very sad little dog. I felt so bad for her. I swear, she acted like a woman who got a real bad hair cut lol.

Cee
I am surprised you haven't always been wearing ear plugs in your type of work. Try to do everything the docs say to help as much as you can with what hearing you have left.

MELODY525 07-04-2008 08:16 AM

:tantrum: I JUST LOST AN ENTIRE POST :tantrum:
WHILE I WAS TYPING THERE WAS A HICCUP IN THE ELECTRIC, THE SCREEN JUMPED AND SOMEHOW THE POST VANISHED :rofl:

HAPPY...SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE BACK AND SEND GOOD HEALING VIBES:hug: THANKS FOR THE LAPTOP INFO. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON AND NOT IN PAIN ALL WEEKEND:encore:

SHAD...THANKS FOR THE INFO ALSO. WE WILL HAVE TO GET YOU A "GET OUT OF JAIL FREE" CARD FOR THE DURATION OF THIS PROJECT!!! DO NOT BREAK THE PHOO PHOO VALVE WHATEVER YOU DO. I AM NOT SURE I REMEMBER HOW TO FIX THAT! :lol3: :lol3:

CEEJAY...YOU CERTAINLY HAD A VERY FULL DAY AND GOT A LOAD OF STUFF DONE. SORRY ABOUT THE EARS BUT THE HEART SOUNDS GOOD. REMEMBER THE DAYW WHEN WE ONLY THOUGHT PLAQUE WAS ON TEETH??? :rofl:

RENNIE....MY FRIENDS DOG IS THE SAME. MAYBE THEY DO HAVE VAIN LITTLE PERSONALITIES! :rofl:

:cofdate: I AM GOING TO POST THIS AS FAST AS I CAN! DON'T WANT TO DO THIS ALL OVER AGAIN! VERY STORMY WEEKEND IS ON THE HORIZON AND IT IS DARK AS CAN BE OUTSIDE. :rain: HOPE ALL THE BBQ PLANS WON'T BE RUINED ACROSS THE COUNTRY TODAY. THE MAP WAS NOT LOOKING GOOD. MY PLANS ARE ALL INDOORS SO I DON'T MIND. NOTHING NEW HERE. OFF TO EAT AND SHOWER. HAVE A GREAT DAY!! :moped:

:cheer2:HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE:cheer3:

:gift:HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA :hb:

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6908/4thkittyzf0.gif

happy2bme 07-04-2008 11:13 AM

Good morning chicks,

Just sat down with my coffee to catch up on things and DH announced that he wants to go to the store, pick up my glasses, get some mulch and start working in the yard NOW. So I'll have to come back here and read later. :(

Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans - stay away from the fire crackers.

Happy Friday to the rest of the Worldly Chicks :wave:

ceejay52 07-04-2008 01:23 PM

Happy July 4th.

Mel
I was writing an e-mail to my sister and the laptop decided to go blue screen. I hate it that when it happens. It says it has to dump. I almost laugh when I read those.
I didn't realize that store's still delivered.

Happy
We have had some much needed rain. I'm stuck inside with house work. Much rather be outside.

Rennie
Glad the dogs are doiing better.

As mentioned before I'm doing house work today. Aren't we suppose to rest today and celebrate?

happy2bme 07-04-2008 02:38 PM

why does it ALWAYS rain on the 4th to spoil picnics, bbqs and fireworks shows?

Ruthxxx 07-04-2008 02:50 PM

Come on up here and picnic, my American neighbours. We have a gorgeous weekend! Tonight is the boating event on Big Rideau Lake where we watch fireworks and sip bubbly. I made myself designated driver (of the car, not the boat) so will pass on the booze.

Tomorrow will be a busy day with the wedding in the afternoon at the Farm. It will seem so very strange to have a wedding with just a few there - just Joan and Peter's kids and spouses plus Good Old Aunt Ruth who can be relied on the cry. The dogs are invited but I'm not tiddling them up in the usual festive bows.

Time to hit the front flowerbed again and do yet more deadheading. I'll get it finished eventually - maybe by the time I get the winter clothes put away.

Shad 07-04-2008 09:10 PM

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ly-animals.jpg
Happy4th JULY

Phooey, my post disappeared into thin air. No time for another. Breakfast is done, coffee is ready, gym is done. Work is done for another hour or so. I'm going to collapse in a chair, sip Green Tea with Mint and cogitate for that hour. Then I am into housework, painting the skirting, cleaning. The new floor goes down next week and I've got to get this half of the house finito.

Back later.

MELODY525 07-05-2008 07:22 AM

CEEJAY~ WHAT ARE YOU DOING CLEANING ON A SACRED HOLIDAY. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE RESTING AND PARTYING! :rofl: HAD A LAUGH AT THE LAPTOP NEEDING TO DUMP!! :lol3:

HAPPY~ SO DID YOU AND DH MULCH IN THE RAIN??? IT WAS WEIRD WEATHER UP HERE. VERY CLOUDY ALL DAY BUT NOT MUCH "ACTION".

SHAD~ CUTE PIC! HAPPY CLEANING, COGITATING AND GETTING READY FOR THE FLOORING!

:cofdate: GOOD MORNING I SAY WITH HALF OPENED EYES. IT'S SO DARK THAT WITH TAKING THE ZYRTEC, I AM UNABLE TO FEEL WIDE AWAKE. MY HEAD IS SAYING...GO BACK TO BED YOU FOOL! AND THE GRANDSON IS STILL SLEEPING. GAVE ME A ONE-EYED DIRTY LOOK AND TUCKED HIS HEAD INTO HIS BACK FEATHERS AND WENT BACK TO SLEEP. MAYBE HE IS SMARTER THAN I AM! :rofl: I REALLY WSN'T UP TO SNUFF LAST NIGHT AND BEGGED OFF THE LITTLE PARTY THEY WERE HAVING. JUST NOT IN THE MOOD FOR LOUDNESS WITH THE SINUS STUFF ETC. WAS ASLEEP BY 9. :faint:
MAYBE I SHOULD TRY AND WAKE UP. EAT SOMETHING.
OK THAT'S THE PLAN...
HAPPY SATURDAY/SUNDAY! :moped:

ceejay52 07-05-2008 09:25 AM

Morning everyone
Mel
I decided not to clean as much as I should have--after all it was a Holiday.
I know what you mean by the Zertec.

Going to Paragould today just don't know what time. I'll need to call my uncle in a few minutes to find out if the if my 3 uncles are going to eat lunch today. He usually e-mails me.

Watched the fire works from my back door last night. The city has them every year at the foot ball field.

I was almost on plan yesterday. Had to use only 3 flex points. Exercised for 40 with the Biggest Loser DVD.

diyana 07-05-2008 11:04 AM

Happy 5th of July ladies -

I hope everyone had a lovely 4th! For my day off on Thursday, I went to the gym twice...once in the early morning to do a step class and again in the late afternoon to do a jazz dance class. In between, I ran errands with my DMIL and had a marvelously relaxing day. A nearby town had their fireworks on the 3rd, so we did that in the evening. Yesterday, I worked in the yard and did laundry in the morning, we went to a 4th of July parade in the afternoon and went to fireworks last night! The weather has been simply gorgeous so I've been trying to stay outside as much as possible. This morning after breakfast, I went out and relaxed in a chaise lounge and read a book. Later today we're going fishing. This has been a wonderful relaxing and rejuvenating long weekend so far, and I still have nearly 2 full days to go. Ahhhhhhhh.

Mel - I hope your allergies ease up.

CeeJay - Have fun in Paragould.

Shad - I hope you do get some relaxing in.

Ruth - I hope the wedding is lovely!

Happy - I hope you're enjoying your long weekend too!

Love and hugs to all,

ceejay52 07-05-2008 11:13 AM

My uncle has not returned my call or email so I'm not going to Paragould this week end.

Just going to stay home and relax another day.

happy2bme 07-05-2008 12:11 PM

Hi ladies,

Did some shopping yesterday. Suzanne here asked if anyone had grilled watermelon and it sounded interesting so we tried it. Bleck! We grilled chicken and roasted potatoes and the smokey flavor on watermelon was not a good taste. I did get a good watermelon - nice and sweet. Chicken and fixings were good too. I'm not into the massive crowds for the fireworks shows so I just watched 3 programs on TV - Washington DC, New York City and Boston.

We have a few storms riding through here. They don't last long but they are doing the major rain dumps when they come. I have to go get my hair done in an hour and there's a big blob of red on the radar that should hit just about the time I'm ready to go.

When I get back if the rain is done with, I'm going to wash my car. It really needs it. DH surface washed it a few weeks ago but it needs a good cleaning. Did some gardening yesterday, might pull more weeds today too if it clears up. The ground was so hard and crusty yesterday that it was hard to break it up and get the junk out. Weeds are growing prolificly :lol:

Glad to hear you are having a relaxing weekend Michelle - just what you need and what holidays are supposed to be all about. Enjoy the 2 more days.

Sorry things didn't work out for you Ceejay - maybe that's just a sign you should stay home and relax too.

Mel - if your head says go rest - then do so. Sinus meds make you sleepy anyway. Rest is good for the soul - next week is a new hectic week so get your rest now. And have something yummy for lunch. Eat some fresh summer fruit :lol:

Cute picture Shad. Sorry you lost your post. That's so annoying. Did you get everything prepped for the floors to come in?

Thanks for the advice Shy. Perhaps if the fleas are so bad it might be better if Bella had a shorter coat? Kinda like cutting the grass longer when it's hot outside - do what works best even if it's not what you want???

Thunder is getting louder and I think this is going to be a boomer storm so I'm going to get off the computer. Enjoy your Saturday...