Old 09-16-2008, 09:30 PM   #151  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Aimee ~ Ahhh, what a *****! I hope the store manager doesn't believe them and your job is safe. WTG on the self control! I probably would have ate the whole house!

Courtnie ~ Congrats on the second job!

So tomorrow I'm off from both jobs! And I managed not to stuff my face at valero this morning. My manager, who always goes to get something to eat in the morning and buys us stuff, went to MickeyDs today. She asked me if I wanted a biscuit and hashbrown and I told her to bring me a parfait instead. She looked at me like I was nuts but brought it and I enjoyed! Now I did eat some roast beef at the VA but hey one step right?
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:21 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I am soooooooo tired. I just wanted to report that work went alright today, talked to the store manager and she is believing me! And my cosmetics manager? She's saying that she never said that, and is basically backtracking on everything she said. I also stayed on plan 100%! Day 8! must sleep..

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:38 AM   #153  
Fat-be-gone

aimee - you're on the 8th day already?!?! way to go girlie!! what a very immature manager you have. to go complain about you to her manager before speaking to you first?? looks like someone has a problem with you on a personal level, not a professional one. but I'm glad your store manager is backing you up on this one. btw - way to go on your WI!

shari - way to go on being good!! those parfaits are yummy!! hope you enjoyed your day off. p.s. I haven't checked out the BL threads yet!! oops! better go post something and soon!

courtnie - lucky!! that's awesome about that extra job. i wish something like that would fall into my lap. that extra money will probably be very nice for you.

hsmomx2 - how are ya doing?

well sorry I haven't been posting. but something came up that I'm really stressing about. And I don't want to talk about it until I know for sure. But I've decided that no matter what the outcome I shouldn't let it get in the way of me eating right and moving more. the only good thing that I've been doing is I havent been drinking soda like I used to. I was probably drinking maybe 2-3 cans of coke a day!! wow, that's a lot. but yesterday was the first time I had a can in a while. So kudos to me for that. But now I feel sheepish because of that last post that I had made about swearing to move more. Oh well hopefully you guys just ignore that one I guess the thing is to just keep trying.

Last edited by Rosario; 09-17-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #154  

Rosario - the key thing is to have this always in your mind, don't feel guilty for not getting 100% on a plan. Those small changes can add up to some small losses, which can add up to a big loss! I think also it's important not to set yourself up for failure, so if you want to get moving more? Start with 15 minutes a day, thats originally what I was doing, and it really worked for me. I hope the outcome is what you are hoping for! My cosmetics manager is a coward, so she can talk big to others, but not to me. I think she likes me as a person, just not as her assistant. She's messed up, some people at work call her Hitler.. she's not very well liked.

Shari - good job with staying away from the McD's bad foods, I actually quite enjoy the parfait myself! Hope you are enjoying today off from both jobs

Courtnie - How'd you do yesterday?

Well, start of day 9! I am feeling like I could do this for a long time, just 49 weeks to go.. lol.. so I kind of have to! I am still getting some headaches here and there, not too sure if its related to the lack of sugar, or other things going on. But I just can't handle headaches, they drive me insane!! I am off to work, and then 2 days off Have a good day girls!

-Aimee

Last edited by SwimGirl; 09-17-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:15 PM   #155  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Courtnie ~ I'm happy things went well with the store manager!

Ro ~ Good job with limiting the sodas. I haven't had any for a couple of days.

I have the sniffles and a headache. Benadryl is my friend today.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:45 PM   #156  

Another day! I can't believe all these days are flying by, my biggest fear will be when I am confronted with social situations. For now I've been in control of every meal, which makes things easier. I hope to have the strength to deal with all situations and remain focused on the goal. How do you all deal with those outside factors? I definitely need advice on this portion of things!!

-Aimee
Old 09-18-2008, 04:27 PM   #157  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Aimee ~ Learn to say no, and mean it! Be firm.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:48 PM   #158  
Fat-be-gone

shari - hope you're feeling better today!

aimee - you're doing so good. the only way I would deal with outside situations and staying on plan while I'm going out is to plan, plan, plan, And the thing is to actually follow through with that plan. If you need to, allow yourself something you wouldn't normally eat/drink. But just remember if you planned to have only one, then one is all you'll have. It's so hard when you see everyone else grubbing on delicious high cal food or drinks, but that's only temporary. The feeling afterward is way better. That feeling of knowing you overcame one of your biggest obstacles. Plus, knowing your working towards a smaller waistline or a lower number on the scale isn't a bad thing either.

so I am so freaking relieved. okay, the thing I was stressing about was I thought I was pregnant!! OMFG!! Imagine that. My period was almost 7 days late. I am NEVER that late. So I was crapping bricks like you wouldn't believe. So i took 2 tests and they both came out negative. BUt I was left wondering where the heck my friend was. He finally showed up last night. woohoo!! You have no idea how good I feel. But I really messed up while I was stressing out by eating lots of fast food. The scale was up to 252.4 this morning!! Yikes!! Instead of going down, I'm going up. Definitely not the direction I wanna be going. So gotta come up wiht a gameplan. This weekend. Eat less, move more is my number 1 priority right now. Hopefully I'm good this weekend. WIsh me luck!

Last edited by Rosario; 09-19-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:33 PM   #159  

Shari - I have been taking a different approach, which makes it easier to say no. I am telling people I have an allergy to wheat, or sometimes a sensitivity to sugar... depends! heh.. it works though! Keeps people off my back, and it's not entirely a lie, I do have sensitivity to both.

Rosario - I had a feeling that you were worried about a pregnancy, you kinda gave it away! Glad it turned out how you wanted! Being overweight and being preggo can't be fun, I'd definitely want to be thin before I considered it. My neighbour has been preggo 3 times while over weight, and she always has to worry about gestational diabetes, can't work out, has to change her diet, and has to go to the doctor quite a few times. None of this sounds fun to me.. plus I'd want to show off the preggo belly! Thanks for the advice, the planning thing is definitely a good one, I honestly was so worried I never remembered the sane options! I just figured that I'd HAVE to go off plan, but that doesn't have to be like that. Josh and I have been invited to his friends place for lasagna & garlic bread!! Like could there BE anything worse for me??

I weighed in today, down to 261! Down 3 pounds, yay! I am happy with this, not too sure why I weighed today instead of Sunday, not too sure what prompted that. I am happy to see the scale moving, its quite thrilling. I feel like I've been putting in the work to get that result though. I really need to start to exercise though, I want to lose some inches. I have a pair of jeans I am dying to fit into! Ugh, and today I have to shopping for a pair of pants, I HATE pant shopping!! Wish me luck on that one!

-Aimee
Old 09-19-2008, 04:02 PM   #160  
Fat-be-gone

aimee - that's awesome on your loss WTG!! that was one thing I was dreading. Overweight people don't look pregnant while they're pregnant. They just look....overweight. I so want to have the cute belly and cute maternity clothes. Why not eat something small before you head over there? So you don't overindulge on bread and lasagna (yummy)? Just eat a small piece of lasagna and small piece of bread. And lots of water so you get full and aren't tempted to eat or drink more. Good luck!!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:36 PM   #161  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Congrats Aimee!! WOOOOOOO!!!

Aimee + Ro - I know what you mean about wanting the pretty baby belly. Defiantly part of the reason for me to lose weight.

New job is going pretty well. Tonight for dinner I am make a bunch of appies - all home made, so I can make them semi healthy at least haha. Making them all from my Eat, Shrink and Be Merry cookbook! I am making pizza dip, wings and wontons!

Hope everyone has a good Friday night!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:33 PM   #162  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Ro ~ I'm glad you're not preggers and totally agree on wanting a pretty pregnant belly!

Aimee ~ WTG!

Courtnie ~ What are appies?
Old 09-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #163  

Rosario - I am thinking that its so early on that if I slip up once, it'll be forever. I have my mind set to doing this for a year, since I have proven to myself that I really can't lose weight when having sugar and wheat. I really want this weight off, and now that I know what I need to do, I'd just feel guilty trying to do something different. I hate to offend people, but at the same time, maybe its offensive to me to make such bad foods? lol. I totally agree on the overweight people just looking overweight and not preggo, my neighbour walks around with her belly pushed out as far as she can, and rubs her belly making sure everyone knows. I don't want that.

Courtnie - come cook for meeeee!! lol. I am starving right now, we ordered food in for dinner, I am having wings and salad! Yummy! I also bought a special drink for tonight, and tonight ONLY! I am craving pop like mad today, ugh. So I bought a bubbly pop thats sugar-free, sweetened with fruit juices.

Shari - appetizers, I love 'em myself! So small, I enjoy finger foods.. its my inner 3 year old.

So I went pant shopping, and while I know the pants I tried on fit a little on the big side.. they were a size 14!!! Yay!! I did try on a ton of other pairs in my search and they were ALL a size 16, and they are fit! 14, wow.. I can't wait until all my pants are that size! I am off to wash my new pants, have a good one gals!

-Aimee
Old 09-21-2008, 05:09 PM   #164  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

WOOOT Aimee!
Old 09-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #165  

I decided to stop talking the pills I was taking, it's been 2 days, and today all I can think about it food, all I want to do it EAT!! It's crazy!!!!! So next meal? I am taking those pills again, I miss the feeling of sanity that came with them. I bought some yesterday on sale, buy 1 get 1 free! So I should be safe for a while.. although I sure do hope that this is how I'll always feel when I'm thinner. Thats my thoughts for the weekend..

How's everyone doing?

-Aimee