Old 05-18-2008, 06:29 AM   #16  

Good morning to you all! I had a strange day. Lots of dizziness and light headedness. I was shaky all day too and couldn't figure out why. The dizziness had started the evening before, but I thought maybe I was just tired. Anyway, long story short, my bp had dropped to 92/46 and since I had taken my bp meds yesterday, it made it worse so I am not taking today's and possibly tomorrows and keeping an eye on it. I took it this morning because I haven't felt dizzy (it was so bad I had to sleep in the chair last night) and it is back to normal so I will just monitor it all day long.

My lovely salon person told me I should have called her and she would have come and cut my hair at home!!! Now this is Supercuts and for someone to be that nice I was totally shocked. I told her it was ok, that I am doing well except getting tired still. I just couldn't believe the offer though.

I will post replies later, but wanted to check in. Oh and Maggie, call me either. The Faye thing started years ago when I was being harrassed by someone here at the site so I had Suzanne give me a new account and everything and used my middle name. For a very long time I didn't use avatars or anything until everything settled down so feel free to use either now.

Everyone have a very good Sunday. I am going back to my chair for awhile I think.
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:53 PM   #17  

Good afternoon, ladies. 77 degrees but getting ready for a storm - again!

Had a nice day today - went to 11 o'clock Mass then to a going away luncheon for a member of Curves who is moving to Miami (husband is in the Coast Guard). Lunch was at Cheeseburger in Paradise. I had 2 mini cheeseburgers (about 2 bites each) and the house salad so I could indulge in a piece of Key Lime Pie - it was small - my big splurge. Having a crab cake, corn, and salad for dinner later.

Just saw some lightening so have to get the computer turned off!

Have a good Monday tomorrow!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #18  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Not a whole lot going on here at Chez Gail. We'll be grilling steaks in about an hour. I'm just sitting here watching tv and surfing the internet. Earlier this afternoon, DH and I drove down to Chestertown, MD. It's a small town along the Chester River. It's a old little town--saw a house built in the mid-1770's. We fell in love with this little town a few months ago. We like walking the streets and around the marinas of historic towns. Very relaxing.

Maggie, how long have we known each other? Would you say 1999?

Jean, you did quite a lot of traveling this morning. DH loves the aquarium. He says the same thing--its calming. Me? I just knit! I bet it wouldn't take much for you to learn how to knit something other than squared or rectangular.

Faye, be careful! Your bp sounds scarey. Should you phone your doctor? Isn't it refreshing to find someone that is willing to do things beyone the norm?! I think that was really sweet of your hair dresser volunteering to come to you.

Susan, a Cheeseburger in Paradise has opened up near the mall here in DE. I haven't been there yet.

Well, I need to do some laundry. Tomorrow I will be babysitting my little grandson. I'll be at his house; not mine.

Everyone have a good evening!
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:22 PM   #19  

I'm sad! Ernie is gone! Bob had the garage door open and I was going into the house. He must have heard us talking and bolted out the door as I was going in. I tried to shut the big door which really scared him and he took off. He hasn't been outside here and I'm not sure he knows his name. I've walked through yards calling him, but of course he didn't come. I'm hoping that once he calms down he might hear us calling and come.

I picked up MIL for church this morning. She's feeling pretty good today. We went back this afternoon and hung some pictures for her. I left the Sunday paper and some magazines for her to read. They were showing an "old" movie this afternoon so she was planning on going to that.

We made a flying trip to SAM's Club this afternoon. Beth called and said our membership had expired when she tried to check out. She couldn't renew until we did. So Bob called and tried to do it over the phone . . . no luck. The lady said to do it online. Again no luck. There was an 800# on the website to call if one was having problems. He called and the recording said, "office closed until Monday!" Now I know why I hate WM/SAM's so much!

"Gma" -- I hope your bp settles down and you aren't feeling dizzy. That is scary!

Susan -- Key Lime Pie . . . yum! I'm glad you enjoyed the going away luncheon even though it means your Curves friend is moving away.

Gail -- Chestertown sounds like an interesting place to visit. I'd much rather babysit at the kids' house than here. There is more "stuff" for them to do and they're in their own territory.

My last load of laundry is going, and I need to make another trip around the block before it gets too dark. Have a marvelous Monday and keep your fingers crossed that Ernie comes home.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:07 AM   #20  
Thin Within

Arrow Sunday In The Evening

[GOOD EVENING
MAGNOLIAS

Temp as I type is 84 at 9pm. It did get up to 102 here in this little valley this day. I did get my hair cut this afternoon ~ trim I should say.

DONNA Please do tell your doc about your BP. Sounds like your system is getting over a shock. Operations are a shock to the system. What a nice hair lady you have ~ a real keeper for sure.

JEAN I certainly hope you find Ernie or he comes home. I don't think you have coyotes where you are. Around here folks call their kittys inside at night. I can here them yodeling and then Ragg Mopp has to tell them to be quiet. I guess that is what he is telling them. We don't have a SAMs here but a nice Costco is in town and a Smart and Final.

SUSAN Still storming there? I guess I will turn mine off during a storm even though I have satelite. A bolt could come and hit the dish. I got a chuckle out of Cheeseburger in Paradise ~ now the song sung by Jimmy Buffett is going through my head.

GAIL I think maybe late 97 early 98 because I think I was in Idaho then because I met you before we went to Texas back then. At least we were in Texas for the millennium. Love grilled steaks. Ate the last of the Tri Tip we grilled yesterday. Sure made good sandwiches today. I enfy your little treck through that old town, what fun. OH how I love going through small old towns. History.

Type at ya'll later

Last edited by Maggie; 05-19-2008 at 12:13 AM. Reason: * after every sentence
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:36 AM   #21  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Good morning. Today I babysit the little guy. I go to my oldest daughter's house. I like babysitting but I don't like sitting all day at her house and we live too far apart for her to bring him to me or for me to go get him and drive back home and then take him in the evening. This will be a looooong day for me. I won't be home until about 7pm tonight. When gasoline reaches a certain $$$ for a gallon I won't be babysitting because I will not be going many places. I agree with you Jean about babysitting over there rather than here at my home because let me tell you (and I know you know this) a one-year-old-fast-crawling-almost-walking-very-curious baby gets into EVERYTHING. However, all I do over there is play with the baby, knit, read, and watch tv. It's b-o-r-i-n-g. Don't get me wrong, I love to read and knit but I don't like sitting all day long.

Last night Wayne grilled steaks outside. I boiled some corn on the cob go with it. And I fixed a tossed garden salad. Healthy meal...right? Yes, I weighed the steak and it was lean. However, everytime I eat beef the scale is up the next morning. Frustrating. But I will not give up what I like to eat and I know the weight will come back off.

Jean, I hope Ernie has found his way home. Even though he has not been outside (until now) I'm sure he will find his way back. Sam's Club has bbq that Wayne loves.

Maggie, ohmygosh...10 years?! Yes--you were in Idaho! Both Wayne and I love historic old towns. We do a lot of walking reading the plaques on the homes. Chestertown will be celebrating the town's history this weekend--they will be having a "tea party" out on the Chester River, and a lot of colonial events will be going on. We plan on going back on Saturday.

Well...I need to get going. Gather up my stuff and head on out. It will take me 45-60 minutes to get there. I may be able to go on-line later at their house if he takes a nap--he's not always in a napping kind of mood. Love that little guy. If I don't get back in here, everyone have a great day! Stay on your program. Later this week I'm going to post a macaroni salad recipe--it's a WW recipe and I always get compliments every time I make it.
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:40 PM   #22  
Thin Within

Arrow GOOD MORNING ON THE 19TH ~ A Monday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

The magnolia trees are blooming and they are absolutely georgous. We have friends that live on Magnolia Ave and both sides of the street are huge magnolia trees. No brainer why the road is called that. We need to make a trip into town and make a bank run. Maybe eat a Subway sandwich while there for lunch. This is a low point day for me and I need to watch it close. It isn't supposed to get as hot today as it did yesterday. This is unseasonalo weather we are having here for this month of May.

GAIL Time sure does fly by doesn't it. I first met you, my friend, when your girls were not yet married and now look at them. All grown up with families of their own and you going over to babysit. I understand how it is not being in your own home ~ what are you paying for a gallon of regular there? We are up to $3.98 here. It is $3.40 in Texas. CA has some extra taxes to make it higher I do believe. AH, I am old enough to remember when gas was 25 cents for a gallon and to cruise was a couple bucks for quite a few hours up and down the street. Your mention of Macaroin Salad made me think of a recipe I have. I chaged a WW one to make it better for us and have taken it to pot-luck and like yours, everyone loved it. What I changed was instead of the Mayo we use Miracle Whip and instead of the sweet relish I use dill and some other changes. I also cut the recipe in half to make here for just the two of us. Life is good.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote