Old 03-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #1  

Default Sexy Chicks - Let's revive this club!!! Everyone Welcome!

Welcome to Sexy Chicks - Beautiful women losing weight and forming friendships.
We are a support group started by a few newbies who were looking for serious diet buddies. We are here to support and encourage each other on our weight loss journeys, and to remind each other that we are already beautiful people. We are different in many ways, but we are all willing to stick by each other through this challenging process. Anyone who is committed to weight loss and is looking for support (and also willing to give it!) is welcome to join!
countrygirl7902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:40 PM   #2  

hey ladies. our last thread died out. let's get it started again! i've been in a slump lately but not giving up hope. been so busy i haven't been on the site for a week or more. didn't even realize it had been so long! i'm still doing weight watchers. i stuck to it really well for a month, but the last week has been one binge after another. i'll get back on track one of these days! lol

so how are all my SexyChicks! i've missed you!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:45 PM   #3  
the one on the left

S/C/G: 215/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Lola -

I'm still fairly new, and don't know you guys but I'm definitely up for motivation and support and being accountable! I've lost 17.2 lbs since starting a "new way of life" (refusing to say diet!) on December 23rd, but I'm getting discouraged at the very slow pace of my progress. Still, I'm committed to making it work, and looking forward to meeting more people and encouraging them, too!
alisluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #4  

alisluv nice to meet you! i know how frustrating it can be. i've lost about that same amount, but i started last october! i stay on track for a while, then stray away, then find my way back. i actually lose at a decent rate when i'm eating healthy and exercising. i'm just not consistent. but i'll get better!!!

i think 17 lbs is a great accomplishment!!! if i'm not mistaken, you've lost about 1.5 lbs a week. that's a really healthy rate. a lot of people struggle to lose even 1 a week. i think you're doing great! and avoiding the dreaded "D" word (diet lol) is a good idea. it'll help keep you focused on the long-term. be proud of yourself!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #5  
the one on the left

Hi Lola - thanks for the encouragement!! I think part of my frustration is that my best friend & diet buddy is losing twice what I am! But...she does at least an hour of cardio EVERY day, and she started out 60 pounds heavier than me, so even though I considered STOPPING my "diet' and waiting for her to catch up....LOL....I know it's in my best interest to just keep plugging along. I just have to get off my lazy a** and get busy!

I see you have a mini goal for your birthday in May - I'm a Taurus, May 17th! I need to set a mini goal too....best of luck to you in yours, and I LOVE Your saying "I just ate my willpower"!! I bet it's tasty!
Old 03-13-2008, 08:52 AM   #6  
Droppin Tha Babii Phat

S/C/G: 168/161/135

Height: 5'2"

Im Too Sexy For My Fat, Too Sexy For My Fat, So Sexy It Hurts Lol
elisarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #7  

hey ladies, gonna be out of town this weekend, so i might not post much. hope everyone's doing well! i'll check in later!
Old 03-15-2008, 12:11 AM   #8  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Don't know what happened. I lost tons of my posts and a few of my favorites were gone too. Had to hunt for you all.

alisu
You have to remember. We didn't gain all of our weight in one day. We are not going to lose all of our weight in one day. 1 to 2 pounds loss a week is a really nice rate for healthy weight loss. I do at least 6 miles of walk/aerobics a day and at least 40 min of some kind of resistance training 3 times a week. None of this has helped me lose more than the 1 pound a week that I was already losing before I started to exercise. What the exercise has done is tone and reshape my body. Exercise really is well worth the time. It is good for every part of our body. It doesn't help everyone lose more weight.

We had such a great group going have no idea where everyone went. Oh well, nice to see some faces. Lets keep in touch.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:53 AM   #9  
the one on the left

Lola - hope you have/are having a GREAT weekend away and that it's for something fun!!

Rennie - thanks for the comments about exercise. It makes me feel better to know that more exercise doesn't necessarily mean faster weight loss....because I can barely stand the little bit I do already!! I wish I could get to the point I hear others are at - they LOVE working out now and look forward to it....I say "UGH...I don't WANNA do it!" oh well, maybe the love will come in time. And you're definitely right - I didn't gain all this padding in a few months!!

Congrats on your amazing loss - way to go! I hope your old friends from this thread show up, too....it sucks to form friendships and then people go AWOL! But it's nice to meet you and continued good luck!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:27 PM   #10  
Rennie

ali
In no way did I say exercise wasn't important remember that lol. I am getting so toned and the muscles are showing. I am hoping with all this exercise. When I reach my goal weight I will not only be so much thinner but in so much better shape.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 276/266/180

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I just wanted to take a second and introduce myself to you all. I am new to this site (again) and am looking for someone to motivate me and needs motivation in return. I am a stay at home mom of 3 so my schedule is pretty flexible. Once again, hello, I look forward to talking to all of you, and GOOD LUCK in reaching all of your goals!!!
Andria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #12  
Rennie

Andria
Welcome

Please let us know how things are going. People tend to come in and out of this thread so you never know whom you might find. I am a stay at home mother to and since my kids are now 17 and 21 I have a lot of time to myself. Now, if everyone would understand that time is MINE instead of trying to fill every waking moment I would be ok lol.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:51 PM   #13  
Rennie

Nothing much different going on here. I eat, I exercise, I clean lol. We have a dwarf hamster running around the house that we can't find. Hope the cat doesn't find him before we do.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:01 PM   #14  
Rennie

We are all to sexy for our skin. Guess we are all busy getting rid of some of that skin lol. Gosh where is everyone.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #15  
Rennie

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. The weather was pretty nice and we spent a great deal of time together. I have a lovely weekend.