3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss & Chit Chat #294 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/140703-weight-loss-chit-chat-294-a.html)

suetalks 05-03-2008 02:34 PM

Pat- I hope you got all your plants in the ground today. It is beautiful here, sunny, but not too hot. I hoed up the wildflowers that popped up in my beds. I let them stay until they are looking real droopy, then hoe them. DH is mowing right now, so the strays in the yard will be gone again also. We bought a lot in a wooded area and refuse to treat to get rid of the natural plants. We just let them pop up and enjoy them, then mow them down as needed. I am going to the nursery this week for lots of groundcover. That is my main objective this year...plant groundcover. Also need to replace a rose bush and possibly clematis since mine aren't showing themselves.

Trish- Sorry you are feeling down. I do that too. Blame myself for everything.....gotta stop. You have a good handle on what works for you and you will get back in the swing of it. SO will I. :)

Mindee- Arby's subs sound good. I am craving a Subway today. If I can put it off 1 more day I will get one. DH doesn't care for them and is going out of town tomorrow for 2 days. Mom and I will toodle on down to Subway while he is gone. heehee.

Sassy- Good luck on getting a bike. I bought a new one last year from Wally World. It is a coaster brake one however. A Huffy and has rather wide tires (like the older models) It is cool though, not as easy to pedal as my old one, but the old one fell apart. :)

Tammy- I was looking at the ads in JC Penney and Stein Mart and see what you mean about the dresses. Lots of geometric prints and knits. Reminds me of years ago......and YES I am that old. :)

Jane, Cristina, Marti- Hi to you all and anyone else I missed. I bet you are doing what the rest of us are doing. Working in the yard and trying to stay OP. Have a good week-end.

As I said above I hoed this morning, also filled the bird feeders and moved some lawn furniture. Nothing major. Did a load of laundry and cleaned the laundry room. Now I am enjoying my NEW cable modem. I finally got rid of the waaaay sloooow dial up and I am in love. So many places I plan to surf now that the slowness doesn't drown me.

Yesterday was a downer day here. My cousin lost her DH and we went to the viewing. It is hard to believe as he was a year younger than my DH, and it was a sudden thing. Makes you pause.

Then I talked to "baby boy" and he always makes me smile, even when I am down. He had an epiphany and decided to try to get healthy. He hates the word diet and I am sure has not been eating right (since he left home.) But he started Mon. walking to the grocery store and buying fruit/veggies to eat every day. He also started drinking more water. He was amazed that those 2 little things caused a 5 pound weight loss. Of course, we all know how men lose. But, he is excited and feeling good about it, so maybe will continue. That motivated me AGAIN to get on track. Walked last night and plan to walk and ride this afternoon.

Okay...gabbered enough. This "not tying up the phoneline" might be the un-doing of me. Makes the computer too easy. haha.

tommysgirl18 05-03-2008 03:48 PM

well, Tommy is home from work, and the kids are driving me insane! Brandon napped a little bit, Marissa napped a little bit, and Logan, well we already established that he didn't!

Sue~ That sounds like a great little lunch for you and your mom. How is she doing by the way? I love our cable modem! We had dial up right after Brandon was born, and I was constantly getting kicked off the computer that I refused to go online until we got the modem.

pattygirl63 05-03-2008 06:05 PM

:wave:Ladies,

Will try to catch up and do individuals now.:dizzy:

Pat - Thanks for the :hug: Great on the 2 lbs lost. Glad you have your eating under control and getting your water drank. Hey and the 10 minute walk is great too. You are making progress and that is great. I read your bio. Middle name for most of us Patricias is Ann. I had a friend once who middle name was Ruth. Are you an Ann too? You and Sue and probably Jane along with some others are busy with yard work. DH has been talking about doing some things to our front yard. I told him we need to wait until after he has surgery and recovers since we don't want to start it and then not get it finished and leave it half done. We need to change out couple of plants that did't make it through the drought last year and then we are thinking of making a block trim around front beds to keep the pine needles in. I don't know what we'll get done. I want rose bushes. I always had them in TX. The guy who did our yard for the builder says I can't have them in the front. He says not enough sunlight. I never had trouble with them before so I'm not sure where to put them since I want to enjoy them.

Mindee - Sounds like Logan is definitely in the Terrible 2s stage. Sorry you haven't been feeling good. Hope you feel better soon.
And Congrats on the 50 lbs gone. You have done a good job and will continue to do so. Loved the pics of the party and Marissa definitely enjoyed the cake.:lol:

[B]Sassy - Hope your back is feeling better. Sounds like your job has them same things going on that Marti's does. Sometimes it makes you wonder who makes these rules and are they working for or against the company. Yuckie you and DH working on opposite shifts. Been there done that and it sucks. But you do what you have to do.

Francie -Congratulations great job on the 6 lb loss.

Ruth - How is your shoulder? Hope it is better.

Pandora - You are doing great on your plan. 2 lbs gone WTG. Have fun at the bar mitzvah.

Marti - Have fun with your DD. Are doing anything special this week end?

Jane, Jules, Shyla and anyone else I missed :wave: anyway.

Today has been a good one for me. I got up with a plan and did it. Got my exercise done 1st thing and the plan of eating SBD using WW Flex points is the way to go for me. In fact, it isn't too much different from what I saw some people do when I was a member of WW On-line. If I remember it right they called it Flore because they combine Flex/Core. No matter what you call it, it works for me because it keeps me from wasting my points on junk food. I felt so good today I even did some house cleaning extra exercise :).

Everybody have a great week end.

:hug: Trish

Sassy_Chick 05-03-2008 09:40 PM

Hello

Hi Ladies.

I took my benedryl this morning so I slept well and the best part -- no itching! YAY! :cheer2: (My skin has been very itchy lately)

Well I woke up today with a "Surprise" TOM came. GRRR. I hate that. Why can't we have nice "surprises" instead of that? :p

Hi Mindee :wave: I am doin good! How about you? :)

Sue -- Glad you like your bike. I am looking forward to getting mine. I know it will be tough on me at first, but I can slowly build up. ;) I have so much laundry to do.........UGH I didn't do any last week so its a mega-mtwashme this week! lol. So Sorry to hear about your Cousin's DH. That is sad when people die so young.........:hug:

I am getting ready to "give in" and eat some pizza. :o We don't have much food at the apt right now, so I just went ahead and ordered. :o

Big :hug:

Shopaholic1204 05-03-2008 09:44 PM

It must be pizza night..because I'm eating it too!! Only mine is frozen, lol.

Sassy_Chick 05-03-2008 09:44 PM

Francie -- Woohoo! Glad I am not alone! lol.

short & sassy 05-03-2008 09:57 PM

Wow, lots of traffic in her today. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Thrish, good going on sticking with your plan for today! It feels so good when we are in control. Oh, thanks for asking about my shoulder. It is still bothering me. I've been taking muscle relaxers at night and and anti imflamatory, but the pain (dull ache) still exist. I think I will call orthopedic dr on Monday. My hubby had neck surgery several years ago and I'm hoping that I'm not facing the same thing.

I better get back to studying...I've got one final next week and I don't want to blow my A in the class.

Hi Mindee, Sue, Jane and all the others that I haven't been able to remember yet!! But, I love the large crowd...I'll eventually get better at keeping up with ya'll.

Sassy_Chick 05-04-2008 03:51 AM

For Francie:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/8...b0781afky8.gif

;)

Shopaholic1204 05-04-2008 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy_Chick (Post 2184079)

omg omg omg omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Shopaholic1204 05-04-2008 04:46 AM

Wanna see what I spent the last 3 hours doing??

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...06_1036990.gif

(Queen Bee-Sassy..Cutie-Lucky..Crazy-April)

I did others of me & Fonzo, lol. But those ones are up on my myspace albums. I wasnt sure if I could post them all, lol.

pattygirl63 05-04-2008 01:36 PM

Hi Ladies,

I thought y'all would like read the story of this girl named Glory. Here is the thread to get there.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84601

Hugs,
Trish

Jane 05-04-2008 02:11 PM

See you at #295. :wave: