3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Pregnant & Staying Fit ~ March 2002 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/13906-pregnant-staying-fit-%7E-march-2002-a.html)

Dreamer 04-05-2002 06:28 AM

Congrats Lara!!

Yay, well done! So glad you got to bring her home b4 to long, it was obviously really hard to have her in the NICU etc. I hope breastfeeding is coming along? My dd and I took quite a while to get really good at it (like 8 weeks, i should have sought help much earlier), but she'll be one in ten days and is still going fantastically :)

Nic - are you showing yet? I'm not, still in my own clothes which at 15.5weeks (and second baby with only an 8 month break between pregnancies) I'm very happy about. I saw a friend of mine today who is nearly 12 weeks and her belly is about 6 months! It's amazing. But she had so much fluid with her first baby, 'tis just the way she carries.

So excited to read about the arrival of your babies. Love this stuff!
Sam
Speckle edd 09/24/02

Nic251 04-05-2002 08:41 PM

I hope everyone is doing well with there new arrivals!
Dreamer- I am just starting to get a little bigger around the waist. I am still in my old clothes, haven't even bought any maternity yet, just had to buy new bras! :dizzy: I have gained a few lbs in the last few weeks, especially over Easter, I over did it on the ham and chocolate! But I haven't done to bad. I go to the dr again on Tuesday, I know she will tell me again how careful I need to be since I am already overweight, but it is really hard when the heartburn gets so bad and the Tums or Maalox just isn't cutting it, a bowl of ice cream usually really helps! :lol: Hopefully they will be able to give me something else for the HB, cuz it gets so bad it makes my teeth and ears hurt! I also need to start exercising more, now that I am finally starting to feel better. I am at 12 1/2 weeks, and the nausea seems to be getting better and I seem to have a bit more energy. Now if only I could sleep through a whole night and not have to get up 3 or more times to use the bathroom! :eek:

Well, I'll check in later.
Nicole
EDD 10/19

lodyangel 04-09-2002 03:04 PM

Congrats Tamara and Lara!

I hope you enjoy your little gifts from heaven as much as I enjoy all 3 of mine. One word of advice though. Hold those babies as much as you can! Let the house fall apart, you'll get to it when she's asleep. They grow up soooo fast. One day you'll wish she was small and tiny just so you can hold her again...Trust me I know from experience! There is nothing more precious than your child! Enjoy this very special, very brief time in your babies life!

Again congrats!

Melody AKA "MOMMY" to Christian, age 10; Devin, age 4; and Trinity 1 year old.

Lara H 04-09-2002 09:48 PM

Melody: Thanks for the input and the congratulations. I am loving the time I get to spend snuggling Mya. I was intrigued to see that your youngest daughter is named Trinity... that was one of the names that made the short list for us. wouldn't that have been odd? babies a year apart with the same name? :)

Nic and Dreamer: Enjoy your pregnancies, they go by quickly, and other than watching that you are eating nutritiously for the baby please try not to worry too much about weight gain.

MarvintheMartian and Outback: thanks for the congratulations.

Mya and I are doing very well physically, and Dad is doting on us both. :) We still are not getting the breast feeding thing and I'm not able to pump enough milk so we are supplementing with formula. This is frustrating for both of us, but we are dealing with it.

Lara
:wave:

absmom 04-10-2002 01:43 PM

Hi - I am new and 16 weeks pregnant with my second. I am already home with my 2 year old daughter, and will probably not go back to a paying job until both kids are in school. I am doing my best to not gain any weight during this pregnancy. I am already obese (199lbs) and had such a rough recovery with my first that I don't want to relive it a second time. I know that being overweight/out of shape was a contributing factor to my postpartum problems the first time around so I am trying to be much more diligent about my eating habits and have been pretty good about getting to the gym or going for walks. I was very excited to find this thread and look forward to forming a support network with others who share a similar situation. So far, I've had two OB appointments and haven't gained a pound. My doctor is very supportive although continues to stress that I should eat a balanced diet and not strive for any weight loss while I'm pregnant. I guess that's what I am doing??? Other experiences?

Absmom
207/199/150
16weeks, pounds gained 0

Nic251 04-10-2002 07:43 PM

Welcome and congrats Absmom!
I am about 13 weeks along, and I too am trying to gain as little as possible! I had my second appt yesterday, and I have gained NOTHING! I was so happy! I was certain that I had gained some, since all of my clothes have been getting tighter and tighter, and the scale at my parents house had me up a few lbs! But nope, I made it through my first trimester without gaining! Now I just have to make sure my eating stays in control, which will probably be a little harder, since the nausea seems to be getting better. :dizzy:
We also got to hear the heartbeat yesterday. That was really neat. It also made me feel much better, since I have still been periodically spotting. The dr wants me to go to the hospital to get an ultrasound, so they can make sure I don't have placenta previa. From what I've read, if I have it now, I may not end up with it by delivery time, since the placenta moves around quite a bit, as things spread out in there. So hopefully everything will go well with that.
I have also been trying to exercise more, as I start feeling better. I want to get back to at least 4 times a week. I also really need to work on flexibility. I have been feeling so tight lately, especially in my back!
Well, I hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you soon
Nicole
EDD 10/19/02

Lara H 04-12-2002 08:24 PM

Welcome Absmom :)

I just wanted to check in with you all... Mya is doing great, we had her 3 week appt today and she is up to 9lbs 6 oz!! she has gained 14 oz in 14 days!! I guess I don't have to worry that she's not eating enough. The Dr said this is what they want to see... for right now she should be gaining between 1/2 and 1 ounce per day and she is doing just that. They didn't measure her but I know that she is longer too. will have to find a measuring tape and do that myself I guess. :)

Nic... I'm glad to hear that your nausea is starting to clear up. That was the worst part of pregnancy for me... all the throwing up. I think it was even worse than labor. Definitely worse than labor after the epidural...

I agree that exercise is important, stretching especially, doing heel down squats, pelvic tilts, keigls etc, but really ladies, try not to obsess over the weight gain. As long as you are eating well ballanced meals and not over eating you should be fine. I weighed 222 when I got pregnant, was 256 just prior to delivery, (I gained 8# that last week!!! all in my feet and ankles I think!) and was back down to 218 by last Friday. This week I haven't lost any, but I've been eating more prepared food as hubby is doing the grocery shopping and I didn't make out a detailed enough list for him. And I have to say, I'm not one of those people who lose weight easily or quickly usually, so it wasn't expected. I think the less you obsess about it the easier it is to eat healthily and do what is right for the baby.

the end of my sermon...

good luck to everyone, and hopefully I'll be back with you all before too long ;)

Lara

Dreamer 04-16-2002 12:30 AM

Hello everyone!

Hello, hello.

Lara, sounds like you and Mya are doing great! Her weight gain is fantastic - it is such a relief isn't it? My dd didn't return to birthweight until she was 4 weeks. It was very hard for me, as a breastfeeding Mum, we almost supplemented but luckily she started gaining enough at that point!

Nicole, so glad to hear your nausea is going away, my friend is 13 weeks and she is still sick. Not as bad I don't think, but still not well. She has been so sick. Urgh.

Absmom - What is your due date? I'm due the 25th, so 17 weeks tomorrow. Had an appointment last week and heard the heartbeat - love that sound!

Excellent to hear about weight gain - or lack of it - both of you. I've gained 3 pounds so I'm pretty happy, I was about 10 pounds off goal when I fell. This time last pregnancy I'd gained about 16 pounds by now! I don't get weighed at all over her (Australia) while pregnant, my midwives just don't weigh us. Makes it much easier mentally!!!!

Sam
Charlotte - 1 yesterday!!
Speckle edd 09/25/02

absmom 04-16-2002 10:52 AM

Hi All!!

Dreamer - I am due on the 25th as well.... Major coincidence huh?

I don't think I am obsessing about my weight as much as I am trying to avoid what I did with my first - care for the first trimester and then get what my sister and I call the "vapors" treating the pregnancy like some sort of illness, which entailed an entire lack of control when it came to eating. I distinctly remember my husband and I walking our dog nightly (for exercise) right over to Ben and Jerrys for "just a small cone" like it was some reward for carting my large self a few blocks. I remember my 4th doctors appointment when I had gained 11 lbs in one month!!! My dr. was more shocked than I... I don't want that to happen again.

Nic - I had placenta previa (though no spotting) right up until my last week when everything shifted --- we had a totally normal birth. The good thing is that you get to have regular sonograms which I really enjoyed. Its enough to feel things going on inside, but it adds a lot when you can actually SEE your baby developing.
Anyway - don't worry too much!

Well its SOO nice outside and my DD and I are still in our PJs ... Hope all of you -- including all the new babys --- are doing well!!

ABSMOM
207/199/150
EDD 9/25/02 --- 17 weeks and no weight gain yet!

Lara H 04-16-2002 02:59 PM

Well... I have an appt with a lactation consultant for this afternoon. And I rented a hospital grade breast pump. And I'm taking these homeopathic drops that taste horrid but are supposed to increase your milk supply (as mine seems to be drying up :( ). So far (since yesterday when I rented it), the pumping is still majorly frustrating... but the drops do seem to be working... I woke up this morning feeling the need to pump rather than just knowing I should to keep at least some milk coming. I'd like to feel that need on a regular basis, like every 3 or 4 hours or so. If this works, even if I haave to continue to pump I'll be happy. I'd like to get so that Mya is getting more breast milk than formula rather than the other way around.

gotta go... I hear her waking up... will type more later... btw it's really cool having someone due the same time as you to talk to... Tamara and I actually even ended up delivering on the same day :)

Lara