3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Pregnant & Staying Fit ~ March 2002 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/13906-pregnant-staying-fit-%7E-march-2002-a.html)

Lara H 03-01-2002 07:07 PM

Pregnant & Staying Fit ~ March 2002

Well everyone... today was my last day at work until June probably... maybe mid-May... we will see. They had a surprise mini babyshower for me right before I left. I was so surprised and touched it was all I could do not to cry. A few of the parents had gotten me gifts and all the staff went in together and got me a baby wipe warmer, a Boppie, and medicine and thermometer pacifiers. I was totally not expecting anything.

My dad gets in tonight for a visit and to help me get ready for the baby. He's going to be here until Wednesday. It should be a nice visit. I'm taking a break for a few minutes from cleaning the house (really just my desk and the futon and the regular dusting/sweeping that needs to be done daily here). I'm thinking I'll make up the futon for him before he gets here so I don't have to fold the fitted sheet -- they always end up looking more scrunched than folded anyhow... and Martha makes it look so easy.... :?: :shrug: Oh well.. I never did profess to be a Martha Stewart clone... even if I sometimes wish I were a little less her absolute opposite.

Lara
:wave:

Lara H 03-01-2002 07:09 PM

Trish... it's great to hear from you! I'm so glad that Alexander is doing so well. And smiling... that has to be the best! I'm looking forward to delivering soon.... at the moment I'm not even nervous.

Keep in touch from time to time. :)

Lara

icewoman 03-04-2002 11:20 AM

I am so silly. I just started a new thread and it's already here. :lol:

Well I just throught I would let you all know I had a surprise baby shower on Sunday. It was put on by my TOPS pals. I will let you know more later.

Lara H 03-04-2002 07:13 PM

Tamara :)

I don't think I knew you attended TOPS too. I love my group, and can't wait until I start losing after the baby is born so that I can start adding to the "losses" side of the chart rather than the "gains" side.

Had a major gain last week, but am hoping that I've held my own a little better this week... we will see tomorrow night I guess.

Lara

lodyangel 03-06-2002 12:51 PM

Lara,

I just wanted to tell you that I will be thinking of you and your sweet little baby...My Daughter's first birthday is 2 weeks away, and so is your due date! I just wanted to say good Luck, and you and baby will be in my prayers! CONGRATUALATIONS!!!!

Lara H 03-06-2002 01:16 PM

Thanks Melody :)

I don't think I'm going to last another 2 weeks, but I could. :) I have my next OB appt tomorrow morning and will see how dialated I am... I've been having a lot of twinges in the last few days so I think I will definitely be more dialated than last week (was at a 1).

I didn't get to go to TOPS last night as it was my Dad's last day here, but I weighed in at home, and my scale here is generally the same as the TOPS scale. I was down 3.5#. We will see what I weigh tomorrow morning at the Dr's. DH said "told you so" He was sure I was just retaining water last week. :lol:

Tamara... are you feeling as ready to pop as I am?

Lara

icewoman 03-07-2002 12:30 PM

Hello,

Lara I am feeling ready but this little girl is going to be so stubborn. I am still dialated between a 1 and 2 but the cervix is softening. I have a feeling you will be going before me and your due date is after me. ;) I to have lost 3 pounds according to the doctors scale. He said it was the way the baby has shifted and settling down. He doesn't think I will be going before next week Wednesday. That is when my next appointment is. We will have to see. Well take care must get a few things done since we are moving desks this week at work. Take care and keep me posted.

Lara H 03-07-2002 09:01 PM

Well, I had my latest OB checkup this afternoon... I'm 30 - 40 % efaced and dilated a good 1-2 cm according to the dr. She was so funny, congratulating me on doing so well... as if I could have stopped the process even if I wanted to. :lol: She still thinks I'll last until my due date although she did say I could end up having it tomorrow. As she put it... "it's not an exact science giving birth... it doesn't always follow a precise schedule." So we are playing the waiting game. As much as we really want to meet our baby, and even being so ready mentally and physically we are just trying to remember that the longer the baby stays inside (up to a point of course) the better for him or her. And that really is the main goal of this whole experience isn't it? A healthy little one. :angel:

I have parent teacher conferences at school tomorrow, so even though I'm officially on maternity leave that's where I'll be tomorrow. It's funny... some of the parent's didn't realize I was pregnant... I guess they just thought their children had a REALLY fat teacher. :?: Although I've been nothing but upfront about it the whole time. Oh well. Won't they all be surprised when I come back to school in the summer (I'll be teaching summer session) and weigh a LOT less **hopefully**.

Lara

Lara H 03-08-2002 12:13 PM

Just me again checking in... Slept horribly last night, even though I was exhausted by the time I finally went to bed (around 1:30 am)! I kept waking up and not being able to get back to sleep... I even tried getting up an having a bath... nearly fell asleep in the tub but that didn't last once I got out. :( So today I am functioning on only a few hours total sleep. I called work and told them my co-teacher would have to handle the conferences. I just couldn't do it.

I'm so tired I can barely see straight this morning but couldn't sleep once I woke up again at 8 am. So I'm up and trying to get through my to do list. It's pretty long these days -- there's so much to get ready for the baby. I'm really enjoying these days of anticipation.

I hope everyone is doing well,

Lara

icewoman 03-11-2002 12:54 PM

Hello all,

Lara how was your baby shower? I had a good one. Not a very good turn out but I got a lot of nice stuff. I am still here at work and got 2 cute little outfits today. I am still thinking I am going to go over the due date. I will see on Wednesday. With all the stress on me right now at home I hope everything will be OK. My husband and I are having some problems we are trying to work out right now. I hope we can continue to work them out but after the baby is born if they don't get better I will be leaving him. It will be hard but I know I can make it. I may get on later and go into more details on it but right now I am at work and don't want to start balling all over again. I was sitting in church yesterday and I just felt like crying and almost did but my parents don't know anything is wrong so I held it in until I was alone. I guess things will get better that is the only way it can be.

Lara H 03-11-2002 01:18 PM

I got some really cute stuff at my baby shower too, I think my absolute favorite is a hand crocheted baby blanket that one of the ladies made for us. You could just tell the care that went into each stitch. I also got some really nice little outfits that will be great once into the 3-6 month clothes... Not a great turnout at mine either, although there were some there that I really didn't expect to see.

I hope everything works out for you and your husband. I know how those things go. Right now hubby and I are doing well though thankfully. I hope the stresses on you ease up.

{{hugs}}

Lara

Nic251 03-13-2002 09:20 PM

Hi everyone, I hope your doing well. I had my first ob appt on Monday. It was neat, they did the ultrasound, and we got to see the baby, and we could see the heart beating! The dr said everything is going fine, from the exam she had me at 8 weeks 2 days, from the ultrasound it was 8 weeks 4 days, and from all the internet sites I had visited, I had it at 8 weeks 6 days. She said that was good, and kept my EDD at Oct 19. It was such a relief to know that everything is ok, and to actually see what was in there! It's kinda weird right now, I fell yucky most of the time, but I am not showing or anything, so it is frequently hard to believe that there is actually something alive in there! LOL

Tamara, hang in there, please let me know if there is anything I can do! I hope things get better for you soon.

Nicole
229/230/165

icewoman 03-14-2002 11:16 AM

Hello all,

Still here. I have 4 days till my due date. My next appointment is Tuesday. Yesterday the doctor told me the head is in place and I am offically at a 2 dialation and if on Tuesday when I go back am at a 3 dialation he will have me go in and they will break my water and induce me. It will only be a couple days after the due date but I have to be at a 3 or better. The way I am feeling I may go on my own. I will try to get in here when labor starts to let everyone know. I am getting really anxious about this day coming. As for my husband things are getting better but I still don't trust him farther than I can see him. I hope it gets better. I am going to try and get on the internet later tonight and catch up on some old posts here since I have only been in this area the last 6 months. Take care all and I will post soon.

Lara H 03-14-2002 02:29 PM

Hi ladies...

Nicole: isn't that first ultrasound fantastically exciting? I felt the same way about mine... I knew I was pregnant, but other than the morning sickness I really didn't feel any different. (And at first I thought I had the flu -- before I realised that we were pregnant.) So seeing that little heart beating was like a miracle. It was wonderful. Brad and I both had tears in our eyes afterwards. It's something we'll never forget.

Tamara: sounds like you are as ready as I am! :) I'm glad things seem to be looking up for you and your hubby. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

I had my appointment this morning. At the start of the exam I was at 2 1/2 to 3, but by the end of the exam I was up to 3 1/2 cm dialated. I'm more than 50% efaced, and she stripped the membranes too. She is on call today so I'm hoping that it happens before tomorrow... otherwise unless I last until Tuesday we will have one of her partners deliver the baby. She definitely doesn't think I will last until my next appointment next Thursday. Even before she stripped the membranes she was really excited about how progressed I am already. Apparently I am having more contractions than I realized as I had two in the office that she had to point out to me. I had not classified all the little "tightenings" I have been having as contractions as they aren't at all painful. But then she said that as long as they are working they don't have to be painful. Of course I'm not expecting them all to be as easy as these ones. ;)

I hope everyone is feeling well.

Lara

Lara H 03-14-2002 08:26 PM

Well, it looks like this is it... I'm just waiting for the Dr to call me back, my contractions are about 5 1/2 minutes apart. I think I'm really in labor. :dizzy:

If so you won't hear from me for a few days. if not I'll be checking in again to let you all know it was a false alarm.

Lara

Nic251 03-14-2002 09:16 PM

Congrats Lara! I hope this is it for you! ;) I hope everything goes quickly and easily for you! Good luck.

Nicole

icewoman 03-15-2002 11:18 AM

Lara,

I told you you were going to have yours before me. I hope all goes well for you. Take care and check in when you have a chance.

Lara H 03-15-2002 07:39 PM

Well, we are still waiting... my contractions are still pretty tame unless I'm out trying to do grocery shopping or have fun. Then they are a bit more intense. I was so sure that last night was going to be the night. oh well... the baby has to come out sooner or later :lol:

I will definitely keep you guys posted.

Lara

Lara H 03-19-2002 01:38 PM

Well, I'm still here... no baby yet, although I'm hoping for today. :lol: My mum arrives today for about a week. I have mixed emotions about this because I have done little to no housework for the past 5 days and my house definitely show it. I think I want to get a house cleaning company to come in and really give the place a good once over, windows, walls and all.

So anyhow, the room my mum will be staying in (the baby's room once we stop keeping the baby in with us) is pretty much a disaster area of storage bins right now. It's embarassing. I feel like such a sloth.

Tamara, are you still with us or have you had your baby already? I know you must be physically feeling the same way I am. TOTALLY ready to pop. My feet feel like overblown balloons.

Nicole... how are you doing? I hope you aren't being hit too hard by the morning noon and night sickness.

Lara

icewoman 03-20-2002 11:29 AM

Hello all,

Yes I am still with you. I will go in at 8:00 tomorrow morning and they are going to break my water unless I go in before. I stayed at home today because I am alittle worried about my water breaking at work. I am dialated to a 4 and will see what happens. I know it will be over soon. I still have not had any regular contractions but I know I am having some. I went walking at Wal-Mart last night to see if I could get something regular to start but of course it didn't work. This morning has been good. I will post after I get home from the hospital after the baby is born. Maybe I will be able to jump on for a couple minutes in the morning before I leave. We will have to see. Take care Lara and maybe we will go in together in the morning. :lol:

Lara H 03-20-2002 12:38 PM

I have my regular OB appt tomorrow morning at 9am... If my water doesn't break today I'm hoping she will help things along tomorrow. Last week she was pretty certain I wouldn't make it to my next appointment. And yes... we just may end up with babies the same day. :)

{{hugs}}
Lara

lodyangel 03-21-2002 09:35 AM

HAPPY DUE DATE LARA!!!!

I wish you the best of luck!!! AS you know my baby is one year old today!!!! They grow up way too fast!!! Spend as much time as you can holding that little one!!! COngrats and good luck!

Lara H 03-21-2002 01:42 PM

Thanks Melody :) and happy birthday to your little angel :hb:

I had my latest OB appt this morning... my bag of waters is "nice and bulgy" according to the Dr, and she thinks I will deliver at some point in the next 24 hours. She stripped the membranes again, a little more drastically today. I wouldn't say it hurt at all, but it was definitely more uncomfortable than when she did it last week. The heart rate was a lot higher than last week, but she didn't seem at all concerned about it, (148) and I'm assuming that my bp was fine as I forgot to ask but neither she nor her nurse said anything so I doubt it was any higher than normal.

oh... I'm still only dialated to 4, but I'm almost 100% efaced.

I really hope I have this baby soon... I can't wait to meet him/her.

Tamara: I hope you are doing well, and that you deliver today. :)

Nicole... you have all this to look forward to. Enjoy your pregnancy as much as possible because as long as 40 weeks sounds it really does fly by. (Although the last few days can drag ;) )

Lara

icewoman 03-24-2002 11:39 PM

Hello all,

I thought I would check in. I went in to the hospital on the 21st at 8:30 AM. They broke my water at 9:00AM and then again between 1 and 2 PM. I was only dialated to a 7 at 8:00 PM. He gave me some pictosin at 10 PM. It was alot of pain. More than my sons. I was asking them to use the vaccuum on her but they told me I was just about there. She has a full head of dark hair. I delivered a little girl (Stephanie Helen) at 3:32AM. She was 8 lbs. 11 ozs. I got home from the hospital today Sunday the 24th. She is a really good but she is a little colicy during the day.

Lara how are you doing. I hope your labor was better than mine. Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care all.

Dreamer 03-26-2002 05:38 AM

Congrats Tamara!!

Well done! Sounds like a bloody painful labour though, you poor thing! Welcome to Stephanie - beautiful name and (obviously) a girl, cool!

I'm guessing as Lara hasn't been in for a few days that she also delivered????

Well I've hit the big 14 weeks here. Seems I may be starting to get a tummy too, just the last few days. I can still wear my clothes, but fear it won't be long. This pgy is very different to my first, so I'm still hoping that means it is a boy!
Sam

Lara H 03-26-2002 07:55 AM

Hi everyone :) Thanks for all the well wishes, the positive vibes were definitely appreciated and needed.

Mya Alise Harvell arrived @ 2:55 am on Friday March 22, 2002. She weighed in @ 8 lbs 8 oz, and is 21 inches long. Her head and chest measure 13 ½ inches.

I ended up getting the epidural @ 8:50 pm (during charmed - LOL) after I realized I was having back labor and was tensing against each contraction no matter how I tried not to. I got a light one, so I really don't think it affected my ability to push. I had an episiotomy, but apparently it was "minor" -- I'm not certain how many stitches, as the dr would only say that she had only used one suture. I do know that there was more than one knot tied. They had broken the bag of waters at just after 4pm (I apparently had a high leak originally) and found a little muconium in it but they weren't too concerned other than having two neonatal ICU nurses present for the delivery. They checked her out and she hadn't aspirated any. Brad stayed with her while they examined her and then he got to carry her over to give to me. I really appreciated the fact that she didn't have to leave the room to be examined.

I had her with me all day (Brad was there most of the day until I sent him home to get some sleep as he had only just gone to bed about 2 hours before my water broke and we had to leave for the hospital). At around 9 pm the nurse came and told me her respirations were high and they needed to take her to check her pulse oxygen saturation. I of course hopped out of bed and went along with them. We ended up in the NICU after all. She never even looked sick.

The hardest part of it all was having to watch while they blew out 3 veins before they final got a line in to take blood from her little arms. And then they had to try both hands to get an IV line in. Brad had to be the only one at her side for the second try at the IV because I got too upset and had to leave to get kleenex and compose myself. She was under an oxygen hood for the next 15 hours. They took her off the IV and all the monitors yesterday (Sunday) afternoon at around 3:30 and we got to move to the Intermediary Care nursery (IMC) at 5pm. That was exciting because it meant that we could take her to our room for visits. She still had to keep the IV lead in for her antibiotics. I was discharged last night @ midnight but we were able to get what they call a "nesting room" to stay in. This morning at 9 when we saw the Dr again she gave the ok for us to bring her home. Exciting news and totally unexpected as we had been told that the earliest would be tomorrow morning.

We also have had a difficult time feeding, and she was moderately jaundiced, but that has cleared and we are starting to catch on to the art of breastfeeding. At the moment we are still supplementing with formula as my milk hasn't come in yet, but I'm hoping that soon we will be able to stop that for the most part. When we first tried formula she couldn't keep it down. That was similac. She keeps down the Enfamil a lot better as long as we burp her every 1/4 oz or so.

So that's about it...

I'll write more later. I'm just thrilled to have her home, and having been in the nicu really makes you thankful for what you have. We had the healthiest baby in there. Pray for all the families who are still there.

Labor and delivery weren't bad, but I sure did appreciate that epidural!

Lara

icewoman 03-26-2002 01:12 PM

Congrats Lara. Your labor was really close what mine was for time and pain. You beat me by 37 minutes. Keep in touch on how you are doing with her and I will do the same for you. Glad to hear she got to come home so quickly. My first was in neo-natal for a week before we got to take him home. This one has been a real blessing and a new experience even though she is my second. Take care.

Nic251 03-29-2002 02:11 AM

Congratulations Lara and Tamara! It must be so exciting to have a new little one at home!

I have been doing better with nausea lately, but the heartburn has been awful! Hopefully when I go back for my next appt, they will tell me I can take something else! The Tums and Maalox just aren't doing it. :dizzy: I had a pretty good scare almost 2 weeks ago (man time flies!) I started bleeding. Basically just spotting, but there was quite a bit, and it lasted for several hours. But, I went to the drs and had another ultrasound, we got to see the heartbeat again, and we could see how much the baby has grown! They gave me one of the pictures, and it is amazing to compare the 2, since they are exactly 1 week apart. The dr said everything looked good, and that it was probably just blood that got trapped behind the placenta. What a relief! Hopefully that won't happen again!

Dreamer- I can't wait till I start to show! :lol: I know I have to be really careful not to gain to much weight, but I can't wait to look pregnant.

Nicole

outback 03-30-2002 12:44 AM

Congrats LARA

Hello Lara: The girls on chat told me you had posted on this message board. I am very happy for you and your husband. You are now entering a whole new milestone in your life. Enjoy the time with your precious little one as grow up so quickly... waaaaa.. take lots of pictures and journal their milestones...

Take Care and rest!
outback in Canada

MarvintheMartian 04-01-2002 12:32 PM

Okay, I admit it... I've been lurking for months! :lol: I just had to say congrats to Lara and Tamara, on the births of their little girls!

I hope to be able to join you guys soon! :D

Dreamer 04-05-2002 06:28 AM

Congrats Lara!!

Yay, well done! So glad you got to bring her home b4 to long, it was obviously really hard to have her in the NICU etc. I hope breastfeeding is coming along? My dd and I took quite a while to get really good at it (like 8 weeks, i should have sought help much earlier), but she'll be one in ten days and is still going fantastically :)

Nic - are you showing yet? I'm not, still in my own clothes which at 15.5weeks (and second baby with only an 8 month break between pregnancies) I'm very happy about. I saw a friend of mine today who is nearly 12 weeks and her belly is about 6 months! It's amazing. But she had so much fluid with her first baby, 'tis just the way she carries.

So excited to read about the arrival of your babies. Love this stuff!
Sam
Speckle edd 09/24/02

Nic251 04-05-2002 08:41 PM

I hope everyone is doing well with there new arrivals!
Dreamer- I am just starting to get a little bigger around the waist. I am still in my old clothes, haven't even bought any maternity yet, just had to buy new bras! :dizzy: I have gained a few lbs in the last few weeks, especially over Easter, I over did it on the ham and chocolate! But I haven't done to bad. I go to the dr again on Tuesday, I know she will tell me again how careful I need to be since I am already overweight, but it is really hard when the heartburn gets so bad and the Tums or Maalox just isn't cutting it, a bowl of ice cream usually really helps! :lol: Hopefully they will be able to give me something else for the HB, cuz it gets so bad it makes my teeth and ears hurt! I also need to start exercising more, now that I am finally starting to feel better. I am at 12 1/2 weeks, and the nausea seems to be getting better and I seem to have a bit more energy. Now if only I could sleep through a whole night and not have to get up 3 or more times to use the bathroom! :eek:

Well, I'll check in later.
Nicole
EDD 10/19

lodyangel 04-09-2002 03:04 PM

Congrats Tamara and Lara!

I hope you enjoy your little gifts from heaven as much as I enjoy all 3 of mine. One word of advice though. Hold those babies as much as you can! Let the house fall apart, you'll get to it when she's asleep. They grow up soooo fast. One day you'll wish she was small and tiny just so you can hold her again...Trust me I know from experience! There is nothing more precious than your child! Enjoy this very special, very brief time in your babies life!

Again congrats!

Melody AKA "MOMMY" to Christian, age 10; Devin, age 4; and Trinity 1 year old.

Lara H 04-09-2002 09:48 PM

Melody: Thanks for the input and the congratulations. I am loving the time I get to spend snuggling Mya. I was intrigued to see that your youngest daughter is named Trinity... that was one of the names that made the short list for us. wouldn't that have been odd? babies a year apart with the same name? :)

Nic and Dreamer: Enjoy your pregnancies, they go by quickly, and other than watching that you are eating nutritiously for the baby please try not to worry too much about weight gain.

MarvintheMartian and Outback: thanks for the congratulations.

Mya and I are doing very well physically, and Dad is doting on us both. :) We still are not getting the breast feeding thing and I'm not able to pump enough milk so we are supplementing with formula. This is frustrating for both of us, but we are dealing with it.

Lara

absmom 04-10-2002 01:43 PM

Hi - I am new and 16 weeks pregnant with my second. I am already home with my 2 year old daughter, and will probably not go back to a paying job until both kids are in school. I am doing my best to not gain any weight during this pregnancy. I am already obese (199lbs) and had such a rough recovery with my first that I don't want to relive it a second time. I know that being overweight/out of shape was a contributing factor to my postpartum problems the first time around so I am trying to be much more diligent about my eating habits and have been pretty good about getting to the gym or going for walks. I was very excited to find this thread and look forward to forming a support network with others who share a similar situation. So far, I've had two OB appointments and haven't gained a pound. My doctor is very supportive although continues to stress that I should eat a balanced diet and not strive for any weight loss while I'm pregnant. I guess that's what I am doing??? Other experiences?

Absmom
207/199/150
16weeks, pounds gained 0

Nic251 04-10-2002 07:43 PM

Welcome and congrats Absmom!
I am about 13 weeks along, and I too am trying to gain as little as possible! I had my second appt yesterday, and I have gained NOTHING! I was so happy! I was certain that I had gained some, since all of my clothes have been getting tighter and tighter, and the scale at my parents house had me up a few lbs! But nope, I made it through my first trimester without gaining! Now I just have to make sure my eating stays in control, which will probably be a little harder, since the nausea seems to be getting better. :dizzy:
We also got to hear the heartbeat yesterday. That was really neat. It also made me feel much better, since I have still been periodically spotting. The dr wants me to go to the hospital to get an ultrasound, so they can make sure I don't have placenta previa. From what I've read, if I have it now, I may not end up with it by delivery time, since the placenta moves around quite a bit, as things spread out in there. So hopefully everything will go well with that.
I have also been trying to exercise more, as I start feeling better. I want to get back to at least 4 times a week. I also really need to work on flexibility. I have been feeling so tight lately, especially in my back!
Well, I hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you soon
Nicole
EDD 10/19/02

Lara H 04-12-2002 08:24 PM

Welcome Absmom :)

I just wanted to check in with you all... Mya is doing great, we had her 3 week appt today and she is up to 9lbs 6 oz!! she has gained 14 oz in 14 days!! I guess I don't have to worry that she's not eating enough. The Dr said this is what they want to see... for right now she should be gaining between 1/2 and 1 ounce per day and she is doing just that. They didn't measure her but I know that she is longer too. will have to find a measuring tape and do that myself I guess. :)

Nic... I'm glad to hear that your nausea is starting to clear up. That was the worst part of pregnancy for me... all the throwing up. I think it was even worse than labor. Definitely worse than labor after the epidural...

I agree that exercise is important, stretching especially, doing heel down squats, pelvic tilts, keigls etc, but really ladies, try not to obsess over the weight gain. As long as you are eating well ballanced meals and not over eating you should be fine. I weighed 222 when I got pregnant, was 256 just prior to delivery, (I gained 8# that last week!!! all in my feet and ankles I think!) and was back down to 218 by last Friday. This week I haven't lost any, but I've been eating more prepared food as hubby is doing the grocery shopping and I didn't make out a detailed enough list for him. And I have to say, I'm not one of those people who lose weight easily or quickly usually, so it wasn't expected. I think the less you obsess about it the easier it is to eat healthily and do what is right for the baby.

the end of my sermon...

good luck to everyone, and hopefully I'll be back with you all before too long ;)

Lara

Dreamer 04-16-2002 12:30 AM

Hello everyone!

Hello, hello.

Lara, sounds like you and Mya are doing great! Her weight gain is fantastic - it is such a relief isn't it? My dd didn't return to birthweight until she was 4 weeks. It was very hard for me, as a breastfeeding Mum, we almost supplemented but luckily she started gaining enough at that point!

Nicole, so glad to hear your nausea is going away, my friend is 13 weeks and she is still sick. Not as bad I don't think, but still not well. She has been so sick. Urgh.

Absmom - What is your due date? I'm due the 25th, so 17 weeks tomorrow. Had an appointment last week and heard the heartbeat - love that sound!

Excellent to hear about weight gain - or lack of it - both of you. I've gained 3 pounds so I'm pretty happy, I was about 10 pounds off goal when I fell. This time last pregnancy I'd gained about 16 pounds by now! I don't get weighed at all over her (Australia) while pregnant, my midwives just don't weigh us. Makes it much easier mentally!!!!

Sam
Charlotte - 1 yesterday!!
Speckle edd 09/25/02

absmom 04-16-2002 10:52 AM

Hi All!!

Dreamer - I am due on the 25th as well.... Major coincidence huh?

I don't think I am obsessing about my weight as much as I am trying to avoid what I did with my first - care for the first trimester and then get what my sister and I call the "vapors" treating the pregnancy like some sort of illness, which entailed an entire lack of control when it came to eating. I distinctly remember my husband and I walking our dog nightly (for exercise) right over to Ben and Jerrys for "just a small cone" like it was some reward for carting my large self a few blocks. I remember my 4th doctors appointment when I had gained 11 lbs in one month!!! My dr. was more shocked than I... I don't want that to happen again.

Nic - I had placenta previa (though no spotting) right up until my last week when everything shifted --- we had a totally normal birth. The good thing is that you get to have regular sonograms which I really enjoyed. Its enough to feel things going on inside, but it adds a lot when you can actually SEE your baby developing.
Anyway - don't worry too much!

Well its SOO nice outside and my DD and I are still in our PJs ... Hope all of you -- including all the new babys --- are doing well!!

ABSMOM
207/199/150
EDD 9/25/02 --- 17 weeks and no weight gain yet!

Lara H 04-16-2002 02:59 PM

Well... I have an appt with a lactation consultant for this afternoon. And I rented a hospital grade breast pump. And I'm taking these homeopathic drops that taste horrid but are supposed to increase your milk supply (as mine seems to be drying up :( ). So far (since yesterday when I rented it), the pumping is still majorly frustrating... but the drops do seem to be working... I woke up this morning feeling the need to pump rather than just knowing I should to keep at least some milk coming. I'd like to feel that need on a regular basis, like every 3 or 4 hours or so. If this works, even if I haave to continue to pump I'll be happy. I'd like to get so that Mya is getting more breast milk than formula rather than the other way around.

gotta go... I hear her waking up... will type more later... btw it's really cool having someone due the same time as you to talk to... Tamara and I actually even ended up delivering on the same day :)

Lara