Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 09:16 PM   #16  

Congrats Lara! I hope this is it for you! I hope everything goes quickly and easily for you! Good luck.

Nicole
Old 03-15-2002, 11:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Lara,

I told you you were going to have yours before me. I hope all goes well for you. Take care and check in when you have a chance.
Old 03-15-2002, 07:39 PM   #18  
A new Mom

Well, we are still waiting... my contractions are still pretty tame unless I'm out trying to do grocery shopping or have fun. Then they are a bit more intense. I was so sure that last night was going to be the night. oh well... the baby has to come out sooner or later

I will definitely keep you guys posted.

Lara
Old 03-19-2002, 01:38 PM   #19  
A new Mom

Well, I'm still here... no baby yet, although I'm hoping for today. My mum arrives today for about a week. I have mixed emotions about this because I have done little to no housework for the past 5 days and my house definitely show it. I think I want to get a house cleaning company to come in and really give the place a good once over, windows, walls and all.

So anyhow, the room my mum will be staying in (the baby's room once we stop keeping the baby in with us) is pretty much a disaster area of storage bins right now. It's embarassing. I feel like such a sloth.

Tamara, are you still with us or have you had your baby already? I know you must be physically feeling the same way I am. TOTALLY ready to pop. My feet feel like overblown balloons.

Nicole... how are you doing? I hope you aren't being hit too hard by the morning noon and night sickness.

Lara
Old 03-20-2002, 11:29 AM   #20  

Hello all,

Yes I am still with you. I will go in at 8:00 tomorrow morning and they are going to break my water unless I go in before. I stayed at home today because I am alittle worried about my water breaking at work. I am dialated to a 4 and will see what happens. I know it will be over soon. I still have not had any regular contractions but I know I am having some. I went walking at Wal-Mart last night to see if I could get something regular to start but of course it didn't work. This morning has been good. I will post after I get home from the hospital after the baby is born. Maybe I will be able to jump on for a couple minutes in the morning before I leave. We will have to see. Take care Lara and maybe we will go in together in the morning.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:38 PM   #21  
A new Mom

I have my regular OB appt tomorrow morning at 9am... If my water doesn't break today I'm hoping she will help things along tomorrow. Last week she was pretty certain I wouldn't make it to my next appointment. And yes... we just may end up with babies the same day.

{{hugs}}
Lara
Old 03-21-2002, 09:35 AM   #22  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

HAPPY DUE DATE LARA!!!!

I wish you the best of luck!!! AS you know my baby is one year old today!!!! They grow up way too fast!!! Spend as much time as you can holding that little one!!! COngrats and good luck!
Old 03-21-2002, 01:42 PM   #23  
A new Mom

Thanks Melody and happy birthday to your little angel

I had my latest OB appt this morning... my bag of waters is "nice and bulgy" according to the Dr, and she thinks I will deliver at some point in the next 24 hours. She stripped the membranes again, a little more drastically today. I wouldn't say it hurt at all, but it was definitely more uncomfortable than when she did it last week. The heart rate was a lot higher than last week, but she didn't seem at all concerned about it, (148) and I'm assuming that my bp was fine as I forgot to ask but neither she nor her nurse said anything so I doubt it was any higher than normal.

oh... I'm still only dialated to 4, but I'm almost 100% efaced.

I really hope I have this baby soon... I can't wait to meet him/her.

Tamara: I hope you are doing well, and that you deliver today.

Nicole... you have all this to look forward to. Enjoy your pregnancy as much as possible because as long as 40 weeks sounds it really does fly by. (Although the last few days can drag )

Lara
Old 03-24-2002, 11:39 PM   #24  

Hello all,

I thought I would check in. I went in to the hospital on the 21st at 8:30 AM. They broke my water at 9:00AM and then again between 1 and 2 PM. I was only dialated to a 7 at 8:00 PM. He gave me some pictosin at 10 PM. It was alot of pain. More than my sons. I was asking them to use the vaccuum on her but they told me I was just about there. She has a full head of dark hair. I delivered a little girl (Stephanie Helen) at 3:32AM. She was 8 lbs. 11 ozs. I got home from the hospital today Sunday the 24th. She is a really good but she is a little colicy during the day.

Lara how are you doing. I hope your labor was better than mine. Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care all.
Old 03-26-2002, 05:38 AM   #25  

Default Congrats Tamara!!

Well done! Sounds like a bloody painful labour though, you poor thing! Welcome to Stephanie - beautiful name and (obviously) a girl, cool!

I'm guessing as Lara hasn't been in for a few days that she also delivered????

Well I've hit the big 14 weeks here. Seems I may be starting to get a tummy too, just the last few days. I can still wear my clothes, but fear it won't be long. This pgy is very different to my first, so I'm still hoping that means it is a boy!
Sam
Old 03-26-2002, 07:55 AM   #26  
A new Mom

Hi everyone Thanks for all the well wishes, the positive vibes were definitely appreciated and needed.

Mya Alise Harvell arrived @ 2:55 am on Friday March 22, 2002. She weighed in @ 8 lbs 8 oz, and is 21 inches long. Her head and chest measure 13 ½ inches.

I ended up getting the epidural @ 8:50 pm (during charmed - LOL) after I realized I was having back labor and was tensing against each contraction no matter how I tried not to. I got a light one, so I really don't think it affected my ability to push. I had an episiotomy, but apparently it was "minor" -- I'm not certain how many stitches, as the dr would only say that she had only used one suture. I do know that there was more than one knot tied. They had broken the bag of waters at just after 4pm (I apparently had a high leak originally) and found a little muconium in it but they weren't too concerned other than having two neonatal ICU nurses present for the delivery. They checked her out and she hadn't aspirated any. Brad stayed with her while they examined her and then he got to carry her over to give to me. I really appreciated the fact that she didn't have to leave the room to be examined.

I had her with me all day (Brad was there most of the day until I sent him home to get some sleep as he had only just gone to bed about 2 hours before my water broke and we had to leave for the hospital). At around 9 pm the nurse came and told me her respirations were high and they needed to take her to check her pulse oxygen saturation. I of course hopped out of bed and went along with them. We ended up in the NICU after all. She never even looked sick.

The hardest part of it all was having to watch while they blew out 3 veins before they final got a line in to take blood from her little arms. And then they had to try both hands to get an IV line in. Brad had to be the only one at her side for the second try at the IV because I got too upset and had to leave to get kleenex and compose myself. She was under an oxygen hood for the next 15 hours. They took her off the IV and all the monitors yesterday (Sunday) afternoon at around 3:30 and we got to move to the Intermediary Care nursery (IMC) at 5pm. That was exciting because it meant that we could take her to our room for visits. She still had to keep the IV lead in for her antibiotics. I was discharged last night @ midnight but we were able to get what they call a "nesting room" to stay in. This morning at 9 when we saw the Dr again she gave the ok for us to bring her home. Exciting news and totally unexpected as we had been told that the earliest would be tomorrow morning.

We also have had a difficult time feeding, and she was moderately jaundiced, but that has cleared and we are starting to catch on to the art of breastfeeding. At the moment we are still supplementing with formula as my milk hasn't come in yet, but I'm hoping that soon we will be able to stop that for the most part. When we first tried formula she couldn't keep it down. That was similac. She keeps down the Enfamil a lot better as long as we burp her every 1/4 oz or so.

So that's about it...

I'll write more later. I'm just thrilled to have her home, and having been in the nicu really makes you thankful for what you have. We had the healthiest baby in there. Pray for all the families who are still there.

Labor and delivery weren't bad, but I sure did appreciate that epidural!

Lara
Old 03-26-2002, 01:12 PM   #27  

Congrats Lara. Your labor was really close what mine was for time and pain. You beat me by 37 minutes. Keep in touch on how you are doing with her and I will do the same for you. Glad to hear she got to come home so quickly. My first was in neo-natal for a week before we got to take him home. This one has been a real blessing and a new experience even though she is my second. Take care.
Old 03-29-2002, 02:11 AM   #28  

Congratulations Lara and Tamara! It must be so exciting to have a new little one at home!

I have been doing better with nausea lately, but the heartburn has been awful! Hopefully when I go back for my next appt, they will tell me I can take something else! The Tums and Maalox just aren't doing it. I had a pretty good scare almost 2 weeks ago (man time flies!) I started bleeding. Basically just spotting, but there was quite a bit, and it lasted for several hours. But, I went to the drs and had another ultrasound, we got to see the heartbeat again, and we could see how much the baby has grown! They gave me one of the pictures, and it is amazing to compare the 2, since they are exactly 1 week apart. The dr said everything looked good, and that it was probably just blood that got trapped behind the placenta. What a relief! Hopefully that won't happen again!

Dreamer- I can't wait till I start to show! I know I have to be really careful not to gain to much weight, but I can't wait to look pregnant.

Nicole
Old 03-30-2002, 12:44 AM   #29  
Strive for Inner Peace

Default Congrats LARA

Hello Lara: The girls on chat told me you had posted on this message board. I am very happy for you and your husband. You are now entering a whole new milestone in your life. Enjoy the time with your precious little one as grow up so quickly... waaaaa.. take lots of pictures and journal their milestones...

Take Care and rest!
outback in Canada
Old 04-01-2002, 12:32 PM   #30  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Okay, I admit it... I've been lurking for months! I just had to say congrats to Lara and Tamara, on the births of their little girls!

I hope to be able to join you guys soon!
Closed Thread