Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #46  
loves kleenex box art

Find the US on this list. and explain.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:49 AM   #47  
Member w/ messiest house

Easy: We do more airplane travel that anyone else and what's the most common aircraft? 747 -- hence 747 trillion in debt. Clear?

Tomorrow I will explain the chemical theory of color.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:09 PM   #48  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah---it's cold and there are flurries and step dd called and said she played a round of golf today in Denver------------why do i live here again????
Old 03-15-2008, 09:03 AM   #49  
loves kleenex box art

I haven't had a flurry in a long time. I didn't even realize McDonalds still sold them. You live in a beautiful puffiny whaley place. Stop complaining. On my drive home last night, I saw a wild hog.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:46 PM   #50  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhh peachbutt---to see a wild hog on the ride home---how divine--we saw a freakin moose on the way to Fredericton-----something like a freight train waiting to hit you-----------do the hogs run wild on the roads----does anyone hit them??? can you take them home and fry up the ham hocks???? remember when you used to weigh yourself down't the Winn Dixie---i miss those old days--------------back in the nineties-----some friends held a b-day dinner for me tonight----i was the oldest one there-----it was lovely,but it reminded me---i am advancing down the fifties road and it's a wrinkley journey------------and fat too.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:41 PM   #51  

Happy birthday, oh sweet and adorable Bagzie!!!!

You tried to sneak one by us!!! My baby boy is 25 today, which means next month I'm going to be the opposite ..... 52!!!! Aaaarrrrgggghhh!!!

You'll always be younger than me, so appreciate being the age you are......

Old 03-16-2008, 08:31 AM   #52  
loves kleenex box art

and I will always be older than everyone I have ever met. My own birthday is next week or so and I am already sporting gorgeous silver cow that I got for it (it = birthday). HAPPIEST BIRTHDAYS BABY BAGZ COW. Yes, you can take the pigs home and cook them. I think there's a season on them. They don't walk in the road. Every single night, I drive through herds of deer. The deer here are about as big as Kiwi's dog and they graze by the road. I drive through a military base where no houses are and that's where these critters live.

Wabbo, I was thinking of you and wishing I were there with you. This woman I work with was taken to Bunko. She seemed to resent it. She lost her dh a couple of months ago and tons of people are moving in on her to fill the void. They take her to movies, to bunco, to dinner, to military wives parties and all she does is complain. I would LOVE someone to fill my void. I want to play bunco with you. Can we meet in Kansas?

What is the psychological term for someone is sweet sweet to the boss, bats eyelashes, speaks softly, yes ma'am yes sir but to other employees is a witch? This person has accused me of making a till that is shared by many come up short. She yelled at me in front of a customer for no reason. Etc. I called the boss when I'd had enough and told him no one at that company has ever talked to me this way. Several employees have told him the same thing and he says "She needs to work on her interpersonal skills. I can help her with that." Fortunately, the incident I was reporting was witnessed by another employee who went to him and said he was disgusted by her behavior. So .. is there a term? I want to label her.

My baby will go back today. Sad. Whaa.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:15 AM   #53  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

I hate that your baby is going back today---and the term for the woman is "MAJOR SUCK UP *****"--- that is nicest thing i can say----also---good that some others are reporting her----twit that she is----THANKS FOR THE BDAY WISHES!!!- the actual day is tuesday,but the feelings of fifty-one began last march------thank god i am younger than someone--cause at my 'celebration' i was the effin oldest one there----the next oldest was sissy who is two years younger!!!blaeachhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 03-16-2008, 06:17 PM   #54  
loves kleenex box art

My baby just left. Such emptiness here. I hate to be all dismal but that's descriptive. The day is gorgeous so he's driving in nice weather. Yesterday was so windy. He's got this old tiny cranky car that I thought he'd drive til he graduated from college THIS MAY. But .. he changed his plans and added a year , then changed them and added another year. I don't know about that car.

He has an internship to apply for that is CLOSE BY. I reallllly want him to get it. It's in Pencil Cola.

All the kids go on Spring Break (except DS apparently), check into their condo on the beach and head to the liquor store. They are all born in 85 and 86. I find myself saying things like "You're a very pretty girl. Be careful." They are all nice mannered and don't give me any trouble over the IDs even if I refuse to sell. Alabama gives temporary licenses that are printed on typing paper with computer cartridge ink just like we all have at home. Couldn't accept that. She asked for my manager and he refused also but she was sweet. It seems that every spring, there's one in the paper who fell off a balcony. I somehow wonder what their parents are doing, why they don't demand them home for the break, who's paying for this vacation.

DS called me at work yesterday to say the kitty is sick. This is the kitty who, when he is sick again, will not be coming home from the vet as the bills are too expensive. They think he has a chronic problem like pancreatitis. I told DS Not To Chase Him when he threw up. Do not send him behind the furniture to throw up. Just keep cleaning it up and make sure he has fresh water. Then I came home and gave him anti-nausea meds and appetite stimulants and he's better. But I don't know for how long. He is the sweetest cat imaginable. In the lap, or lying next to you touching your leg and purring and soft and huggable.

Major suck up. I will remember that when thinking of her.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:21 PM   #55  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
What is the psychological term for someone is sweet sweet to the boss, bats eyelashes, speaks softly, yes ma'am yes sir but to other employees is a witch? ..So .. is there a term? I want to label her.
I'm thinking two-faced b*tch, but that's probably not a psychological term... Perhaps Over-grown teacher's pet. head-case?

Well, the jazz fun is over, thank goodness. It went well, although I was so lame from the hours on my feet that I thought I was going to have to bail out a few times. The festival itself went from about 9:30 am to 10 pm on Friday, and 8:30 am yesterday until 11 pm last night. Not to mention all the preparation and setup. After doing it last year we recognized that volunteers were going to need to break up their shifts to try to avoid the exhaustion that being on duty continuously for 2 days causes, but somehow we didn't really change anything and most of us were once again on duty all day and night for 2 days again. I got to the point yesterday that I couldn't come up with some people's names who I have known for years. But the thing went off fairly smoothly. Everyone thought the signs were fabulous. Which of course they were

Anyway, I slept until 3 PM this afternoon

Later gators.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20080314_011.jpg (34.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20080314_011crop.jpg (37.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #56  
loves kleenex box art

The signs are beautiful but ... did you get them up in time? I think you put them up yesterday and missed a day. and why aren't you online? Are they keeping the signs for another year? Did you paint those letters? Did you know that sometimes cells die on purpose so their innards can be used by other cells and sometimes accidently they die and that's bad? I learned that from a paper DS is writing.

Everyone should wear a name tag. When entering a store where cashiers are wearing name tags, customers should put one on, too. Only fair. And at one's birthday party, people should make the b-day girl feel she is younger, more attractive, wittier than those in attendance. Only fair, too.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:44 PM   #57  
Member w/ messiest house

I'm so sorry to hear about kitty. But I'm glad he has you to take care of him. Sick pets are a tough road.

I'm glad to hear that the kids on spring break are mostly nice polite kids. You always hear the horror stories, but my experience with teenagers and young adults is more like yours. You gotta worry about them, but they're not the nightmares some people would like you to believe.

And then there's our kids, who don't seem to go on spring break, eh? DD, whose spring break started Friday, had some of her friends from high school come visit her for the weekend. They had a great time; apparently went to play pictionary with the muslim students on Thursday , went out Friday to the Paradise Rock Club (I saw the Talking Heads there in the '70s), and were at the movies last night. Today she is working on a lab for her multi-media music course, tomorrow she has to work all day at an event on campus, then she heads north to spend a day with the bf, the next day she goes skiing with a friend, and finally we get to pick her up on Wednesday to come home. Not exactly how you picture spring break, but not too awful bad either. I can't wait to see her.

ta. You like my signs? I didn't get a photo of the other ones--this was the only one (actually 2 -- the one behind is the same) I painted on plywood. The others were all on poster board.

kiwi
Old 03-16-2008, 06:59 PM   #58  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
Everyone should wear a name tag. When entering a store where cashiers are wearing name tags, customers should put one on, too. Only fair. And at one's birthday party, people should make the b-day girl feel she is younger, more attractive, wittier than those in attendance. Only fair, too.
You speak much truth.

I am shocked by the news about cells. Republicans should pass a law against cells dying on purpose, and not allow them to be used by other cells, because that might encourage trafficking in perfectly healthy cells.

I put some of the signs up Thursday evening with DH's help. The wooden ones we put up Friday at 8 am; I was a little afraid they might be stolen, so I didn't want to leave them out the night before. Also Friday morning I put up all the indoor signs (dozens of them) with the help of some lovely students. The bands started arriving about 9:30am and the performances started about 11:00am that day, so I was not late! Amazingly.

I am taking those 2 wooden signs back to the school tomorrow; they will be able to reuse them every year I should think--sometimes they have the state festival, sometimes they have just the district festival, but there are at least 4 different events that can be called "Jazz Fest". I did paint those letters. I made up a stencil of sorts on the computer and transferred the outline to the board, then painted them. At 2 in the morning. Yay me
Old 03-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #59  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

I LOVE THE SIGNS!!! THEY LOOK VERY JAZZY!!! LIKE THE STYLIN' OF THE PRINTIN' IS RATE JAZZYYYYYYYY!!!! because Kiwi is so KOOOOL!!!!!---brava!!!---i hear you tired pain----it sounds exhausting----peach--i will beseech the heavens for ds to be close to home----that would be wonderful----he is a sweetie to come home for the break---lots of 'guys' wouldn't so that was adorable of him----what will be his degree when he is done----i assume he will be getting several degreees!!! here,they will give you BIG BUCKS to go to graduate school if you are in the sciences---they need people in those faculties!!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 10:33 PM   #60  
loves kleenex box art

Science? Heck no. Double major in math and espanol. Minor in physics. So far. And you can go ahead and call him Dr. Peachesds as in PhD. This is his plan.

Maybe Kiwi could make signs for me? There are no social outlets here. Can you make one up like it's a big event and I could show up along with the crowd? The crowd would be 3 people though, so never mind.

Happy St. Patrick's Day. Wear green. Do not dye your poodle green.
Closed Thread