Old 02-01-2008, 04:46 AM   #16  

Good morning to you all. Hope your Friday is going well. I had one of those toss and turn nights and I am keeping the car today because Fortune has a grooming appt so no back to bed for me. I want to go out to Walmart and get cards, gift bag and such for the kids' valentine stuff. I am still waiting on the dog from Build a Bear and Thomas's computer games but I got the candy yesterday.

It looked like Christmas here yesterday. I got a big plastic bag full of stuff from UPS. It was the candy then the stuff I bought my sister-in-law for her birthday. I got her a cardigan and a matching sweater on clearance and boy is it every pretty. It is sort of a pear green color with a big collar and the sweater is a short sleeved turtleneck. I also bought her this platinum and sterling pendent with her initial. I only paid $20 for it and it was full priced at $65. It comes boxed in a very nice inner jewelry box and it is just lovely. Altogether I think I saved $80 or something like that and on top of it, I can mail it in and get my $50 back from them for the certificate they sent me after the fiasco with the little rocker I bought Jackson for Christmas so it only cost me about $10. I do love a bargain!

Jean: I sat here and prayed for the Art teacher. How scary is that. I sure hope they found the problem and were able to fix it and she will be well again. Sounds like you have an interesting day ahead today. Hope it doesn't become too stressful.

Susan: It was horrible weather here all day yesterday and looks wet out now, but I don't think it is slippery. Sure hope not because if it is, the dog will have to hold on another week to be groomed. The groomer isn't far from here, but I have to take Jack clear out in timbuktu to work and it is always nasty out there. A lot of open fields and such so the roads aren't protected. On top of that there is a railway line where semis pick up loads and so the roads are a horrible mess of potholes. I will be glad when it is light out when Jack goes to work.

Everyone have a great weekend.
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:55 PM   #17  

Good morning, ladies! We've had some storms in the night and this morning but the sun is coming out now - supposed to be 60 today. I hope it's sunny and warm tomorrow so I can take Stan to the barbershop. Poor guy needs a haircut something awful.

Jean, I'm praying for the art teacher and put it on my prayer chain group as well. It almost sounds word for word what happened to my husband's foster mother - she got so she couldn't eat, they did some tests and ended up putting her right into the hospital for surgery.

Faye, you are such a giving person and so organized. I did get a card for my husband but I'm having trouble thinking what else to get him. He can't have chocolate or nuts and doesn't care much for hard candy. He needs to eat more meat so maybe I'll get him a big steak! (That's a joke!)

Wonder if Puxatawney Phil will see his shadow tomorrow?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:05 AM   #18  

Good Evening, Flowers! When I got home from school there was a message on the answering machine from Bob to call him at work. Our minister had called him and wanted to know if we would like to go out to eat with them. We couldn't think of a good excuse not to, so we picked them up and ate at the Chinese place. Afterwards we went back to their house and played cards. It turned out to be an enjoyable evening! I'm so glad Friday is finally here! I have to work in the gift shop tomorrow morning and then the rest of the weekend is mine!

The report on the art teacher today was that it is cancer, but not the primary source so they have to find that in order to decide on any treatment. None of the test results were in by the end of the school day so guess they will have to wait until Monday. The bad part is that the cancer is wrapped around the aorta. It doesn't sound very good to me.

"Gma" -- Thank you for your prayers! I'm glad you got your Valentine candy and birthday gifts. The sweater set and necklace sound very pretty. I hope your weather was good today for Fortune's ride to the groomer.

Susan -- Thank you for your prayers! Anita will need all the help she can get! Did the groundhog see his shadow? If he lived here he didn't!

I'm going to bed! Have a nice weekend and remember to smile!

Jean -- in Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 02-02-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:16 AM   #19  

Good morning ladies! This will be a quick one as Jack wants to go out to breakfast and do some shopping this am and I am sitting here in my pjs.

I finished that darned sweater! I really don't like doing that pattern. I took out and redid more things than I think I want to count, but it is now finished for her birthday.

Susan: I bought Jack a card, but I don't know what else I am going to get him. He is a sweet fanatic, but is not one of those boxed candy kind of people. He would go for the steak! Our weather looks to be nice today. When we get back we have to fight and put back in the big picture window storm window in back. We had to take it down at 6 am yesterday morning so Jack could break a window pane (thank goodness the inner windows are panes and not a solid window) because we locked ourselves out of the house. Now I have to get someone in here to replace the window pane. One thing we found out is that it would be hard to break in and rob us!!! The storm window is very very heavy and is hard to get in and out. They would give up and go someplace else before they would tangle with it and it would be almost impossible to break because Jack ended up having to take the big tire thingy to the window before we could break the inner one everything else bounced off it when he would hit it.

Jean: Sounds like you had a nice time. I will continue to pray for the art teacher. You are right, it definitely doesn't sound good at all.

Well, I gotta run and get a shower and get dressed so we can go out. Everyone have a great Saturday!

Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg neitassweater.jpg (16.9 KB, 8 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote