Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 01:16 AM   #16  

Height: 5'1"

Evening Ladies!

I'm getting ready to walk and I'm dragging feet. BUT...if I want to feel good and not have to struggle w/this unwanted extra pounds.....then by golly I better get moving!

Jules--Eugene OR? That's like a skip and a hop away from me! (like 10-15min drive) I think he'd like it, but then, I'm partial to Oregon. If he decides to move and you decide to visit...you must call me up.

Cristina--5 miles!? Wow girl....I'm a 2 miles gal and that's about it. Unless I'm deep into a book and then it's almost 3. You're doing so good!! Proud of ya!

Trish--The girls are watching a movie right now.....gives me a chance to concentrate on my walk. My DD is looking pretty down and is refusing to talk about it. I'm thinking there are some kind of boy issue going on....or possibly a friend issue...eventually she may tell me, usually does.

Sue--They had a Festival of Tree's here too, the week of Thanksgiving. Our company had one, it was gorgeous. I should find out how much it sold for. I would never buy a tree for that amount....so outrageous! But the proceeds go to something...just not sure where.

Sassy--My dear friend....don't ever feel like you have to hesitate posting w/us if you feel like you haven't been a "good girl" eating wise. We're not all perfect and we all have our times. And....we're here for you! Post away ok!

Hello's and Hugs to the rest of you ladies!

Well, if I want to get my walk in, I better get moving.

Have a good weekend.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:37 AM   #17  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Marti,,,I love them lattes too. Only have 1 per week,,,and some times I can resist them even then. You are doing good,,,before you know it,,,you will be at goal weight. My boys are the same,,,be all down,,,and if you just hold out a bit they will talk. Usually car rides do it....

Jane, its so dang cold here,,,even worse then I orginally thought,,,its gonna be -30 with wind chill. Which is -22F ccccold.
Tomorrow I will put my tree and decorations up....then heading over to do christmas cards! I don't know what to get Monte,,,someon suggested boots,,,dressy boots. Strange idea I thought. I wouldn't want Monte shopping for boots for me.

Jules,,,soooo she could have him any time? Exciting.

well heading to bed,,,wayyy too late for me,
night all
Old 12-01-2007, 03:36 AM   #18  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....nothing new on this end....just quickly passing through here to get my email checked and then some!

Jane~ In doing that exercise, is the point to try and lift both legs using the bottom leg?

Marti~ Thanks for that link, I will have to save it and scour the other exercises on it!

Jules~ Thanks for that information. I will have to look into it in our area. I think I remember seeing something somewhere along those lines. I was reading one of the sites for campus options and they said that there will be a shortage in 2012 or something like that, so right now nurses are in high demand.

Cristina~ Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have been checking into classes here and there, but haven't mentioned to Tommy yet that I have been doing it. I have been looking for a place that has online classes and there is one option that a friend of ours is using right now to get her phlebotomy degree. I tried to get information the other day but for some reason it wasn't working right. Our friend is I think three or so classes away from the end of this semester, so it wouldn't hurt to check into. I had gotten a full ride scholarship when I graduated and have regretted not being able to use it and get into a steady career. (not saying that I don't like being a mom.....I love being a mom)
Old 12-01-2007, 06:42 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning Ladies

Can't remember when I woke up this early. Couldn't sleep and woke up hungry for grapefruit this morning. Then realized that the reason my body feels so bad is that on SBD I wasn't allowed fruit and my body is too acidic. What a change... craving something good for me. LOL

Well this is one of those mornings I am quickly passing through here. We have a busy day ahead. DH and I are going with friends and take a drive to the north Charlotte area just to get out and be together. They like to go to malls and flea markets and want to go out to eat at Cracker Barrel. So I will catch y'all later.

Have a nice day!!!

Trish
Old 12-01-2007, 08:38 AM   #20  
GmaTo8

Woohoo, it's December!

Marti - your .2 could be water retention from TOM. Did Jhanai talk to you about what's bothering her? I know you have a close relationship, so I bet she will, sooner or later, if she hasn't already. Thirteen is such a rocky age, all highs and lows.

Cristina - well, she fixed my hair differently, but since I have no artistic ability whatsoever, I can't seem to get it to do the same thing. So I'm back where I started, lol. Josh might go back to Iraq? That's not right! He already did his tour there!!! Can we write someone and complain?

Trish - I meant to tell you about the 3fc IE forum. Hope you had fun today in Charlotte. Have you read the new Rhett Butler book? Did we already talk about this, lol? I know I mentioned it to Cristina. It's pretty good. Not GWTW, but still good.

Jules - oh my gosh, little Dominick will be here before you know it. Have you noticed, most women's nose and face will swell a day or two before birth?

Sue - the Festival sounds so nice. Hope you're feeling better today, or we'll tickle the grumpy right outta you! teehee

Sassy - oh hon, we want you to succeed, but don't think less of you when you aren't OP. Do you think less of me when I'm struggling? I don't think so. If you never lose any weight at all, we still love you, and want you to post because we do love you. Please don't stay away for any reason, let alone because of that, ok? Each of us here is in the same boat. And we know how hard it is, that's why we're called the Jaded Ladies. We've been down this road many, many times. So please, I miss you when you are gone, and want you to visit every day. That goes for all the Jaded Ladies! Remember the Jaded Lady motto: What you weigh is NOT who you are!

Angie - after everything I said to Sassy, I just have to say how happy I am that you're back. Now, if we could just get Mary Kate to post more! About shopping - men are so hard to buy for! But when I was in Chicago, at the MM Water Tower mall, the Sharper Image store had this weather station that Neal will just love. It was a little spendy, so that, and a CSI jigsaw puzzle is all he's getting. He taught Earth Science, and is a geomorphologist, so I feel sure he'll love it.

Mindee - no, just do the top leg. You'll do the other leg when you roll over. If you're doing it right, you can feel the muscles pull. Be sure and skip a day in between, though. Also, when you're doing exercises, you really should eat a little more protein for the repair of the muscles, especially once you really get going. Again, I have to say I'm not a doc, or I'll get in trouble, lol.

Tammy - let us know all about your trip! Share pictures if you can, ok?

Kelton, MaryKate, Anita - we miss you, please post.

My good weigh in news is that I'm down 2.5 pounds! I feel so good about that, since I gained 1 last week.

Today is going to be busy with family and then a concert in Evansville. Some of you may remember the group Gary Puckett and the Union Gap? That's who we're seeing, with DS Terry and Gina. I used to rock Terry to sleep to the 8-track. Now I have the CD, and have rocked Jackson to sleep to it.

Have a good one, ladies.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #21  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just a quick fly by for now...busy day today.

HI and bye Have a good day!
Old 12-01-2007, 01:49 PM   #22  
GmaTo8

Hi and bye, Cristina!

I'm not sure when I'll be able to log on tomorrow, so I wanted to say this today, just in case:

Happy Birthday, Tammy!
Old 12-01-2007, 05:26 PM   #23  
ugggg.....

Happy birthday Tammy!!

Cristina--hi/bye!!

Jane--I never noticed the swelling of the face & nose--I will be watching!!

Trish--fruit is definitely a good craving!!

Mindee--good luck to you!!

Angelia--I am so excited..Teri is too!! I thought of you back this summer. I remember you had a coworker that made you miserable--the one that almost made me quit was transferred to another department a few years ago--got another boss that covered her mistakes and fell for all the tears...well this summer she got a new boss. He didn't fall for the tears and several other people had been documenting her mistakes because she has a way of blaming her mistakes on others--he told her that she was not able to stay in her current position since she didn't keep up with the workload and she quit instead of taking a postion with less responsibility that was offered to her. There are several HAPPY people....

Marti--if he is there, I will definitely be coming to visit!! I don't know how I will be able to handle him so far away!! It isn't a done deal at this point, but he is really considering it...

Sassy--don't make the mistake I do and stay away when things get stressful--I have found I am more stressed if I don't come here!!

Lazy kind of day...doing laundry and a few other things...
Old 12-01-2007, 06:08 PM   #24  
One day at a time

Hello again...

JANE...WTG on the 2.5 pounds gone! Have fun at the concert.

I hear ya there MINDEE. I don't have any regrets, and definitely have loved, and still love my job as mom but I do wish that I would have gone to college and got a career.

Okay, that was along break, lol. Josh's GF came over so chatted with her for a while. Now I've lost my train of thought. Oh well, always tomorrow

Have a good one!

Hi JULES!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-01-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #25  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hello

Hi Ladies.

Sorry that I've stayed away. I honestly just did not have much to talk about. lol. Just was working. lol. Not much more to say now and I'm off. lol. But I'll try to do better about checking in at least.

I am so sore ya'all. This weather is just torture for me and I need to clean because my mom may come up next weekend! But I am just sooooo sore! And last time I cleaned anyways when I was sore, I got a pinched nerve out of the deal. lol. UGH. Anybody know where that dang fairy Godmother is when you really need her? lmao!!

I really really dread going back to work...........They just keep piling the work load on...........I am looking to get out. Remember when I told you all about DH's old boss from our college offering him a teaching job? Well he FINALLY got back with him, so DH sent in his resume'. He is just going to do it as an extra job for now, we can really really use that extra money right now. Well I am going to have DH ask him if there is any jobs opened in the office at school. (I don't want to teach!) lol. Then I could work part time at first too and see how it works out before totally leaving where I am now. But I just really really need a change I think. I am just burnt out and with them piling on more work everyday, I am tired of it, plain and simple. We aren't getting paid more for more work and its definitely not worth the stress!

I even told DH I would be willing to go back into working retail if I had too! They would just have to find me a sit down job somewhere! lol.

So hopefully by next year at this time I will have a new job that I love instead of one that causing me even more added stress! I am thankful that I do have a job, because some people do not. But if anybody wants my job, then they are free to come and take it! lol. Just teasin! I am just really fed up is all. I've stayed because of being afraid of change. Stupid, right? lol. Well everything is going to be changing at work anyways, yup even more work for us with no more pay! So that is motivation enough for me to get out now!

I hope you all are doing well and Thank You all for all your kind words and support! Sorry I am not doing Indy's right now, but I will later!

Big Big
Old 12-01-2007, 09:45 PM   #26  

Jane - Congratulations on the 2.5 lbs gone!!! WTG!!! Yes, you mentioned the book and I was going to get it but couldn't find it. Looked at Costco, but didn't have time to look at Wal-Mart. Where did you get yours? Is it a paperback?

Trish
Old 12-02-2007, 12:14 AM   #27  
One day at a time

SASSY...sorry for the added stress. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you get a job you LOVE without the stress!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMY!!!

Have a good, rest of the weekend!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-02-2007 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:34 AM   #28  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMY!!!

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 12-02-2007 at 01:50 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:29 AM   #29  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

first things first......HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMY!!!!

Jane~ Thanks for that info! I am going to try them out on Sunday night after Tommy and the kids go to bed. WTG on the 2.5 pounds gone!!!!

Does anybody else have to work out by themselves? I feel weird if Tommy is awake when I work out for some reason. I am okay with the kids being awake.....but the last time I worked out when Brandon was awake, he started doing my exercises right along with me!

just a quick fly by since I really should be in bed. All three kids decided that it would be fun to all wake up at 5am on Saturday morning! And my sleep has been way off base for a while now.....so I am going to get things back on track! I need to get more work outs in, eating better options, drinking more water, and getting back onto the sleep schedule I had BEFORE Tommy went onto the night shift some few months ago!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:19 AM   #30  
One day at a time

Hiya MINDEE...I do work out by myself and I don't care for V walking in when I am. I will stop or he has to leave the room, lol. But for some reason I don't care if the kids see me...weird. Good for you for getting back on track!
Closed Thread