Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 11:35 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

MICHELLE!!!!...so good to see you posting missy! Wow, you 've had a full plate too. I am so sorry to hear about all that's been going on in your life but you know what...looking at your avatar I can see a glow in your face so something is going good for ya. Lots of hugs to you sweetie. Georgia, eh? I would love to live there...it is sooo pretty. Where in GA will you be moving too? When we went down for Josh's ceremonies rather than flying straight thru to Ft. Benning we flew to Atlanta and rented a car to drive there...such pretty country. Tell us about this new place and job. Heres to new beginnings

SUSAN...aaahhh, you are such the sweetie and thank you so much. THANK YOU to all you ladies! I am working my butt off, but I know I could do better. I wish they were marathon walks...I guess for me though they are, lol. Glad to hear Rachel is fine...poor thing, sounds like she is really struggling with life. Ah, if those shows were on I missed them...Tuesday is my Biggest Loser and Law & Order SVU night...I can't miss either. I must say all the ladies and gents on BL are such an inspiration to me, it is amazing. And the one guy is just awesome...he has lost 118 lbs. WOW! The befores and nows are just...amazing. Sorry you didn't have a loss this week...I know you will next week. Of course with the holidays this is going to be tough for me. They say the average a person gains during the holidays is 7 pounds. I told V I am not going to stop for the holidays and will be very careful not to over do it.

JULES...cool, that you get all that time off. V gets Thursday -Sunday off, sort of. I say sort of because he will work around the house, lol. I've got a never ending honey-do list-poor guy.

SASSY...I love the peanuts gang and Charlie Browns Christmas is my favorite...I have a few of those avatars. And yes, the weather here is nutso too! The temps dropped 19 degrees in less than 2 hours this evening...weird. Supposed to rain tomorrow and a possible chance of snow, ugh! Get to feeling better and get a handle on that cold.

Anywho...watched my shows and wanted to check in here for an update on Ms Susan...was worried about you and Rachel today...thought I would check before I head to bed.

I will chat with you ladies tomorrow sometime. The plan is to get up early and go buy groceries before the crowds are up. Then do lots of baking and cleaning. And...some type of exercise...thinking I can fit in my dvd and some weights. We'll see...I want to get as much done tomorrow as I can so I can be outdoors with Josh and V to put up lights. We don't eat until late so...

Nighty, night ladies.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:45 PM   #32  
kitty Momo

I am just doing a fast check in too.

Hi to Michelle!! You are going through so many changes. wow!! You sound really good! We have missed you.

Sassy - I love Snoopy too, I just don't see your...it might be my MAC, I just see a red x.

Cristina - don't overdo tomorrow! Sounds like fun - thanks for your concern for Rach. Taking her home with me tonight - her and Gab are all rowdy. Great.....lol

night to you all!! better get these kids to bed.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:26 AM   #33  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Just dropping in......

Hi All.

Guess I'm dropping by as well........Only I'm stuck here at work so I can't go to bed. lol.

Michelle -- BIG BIG we have missed you! So sorry you've been going through a rough time. We're glad your back and have fun at Disney and take lots of pics!! PM me your email addy and new address whenever you have time and all.

Cristina -- I love the peanuts too, they are a classic....... Yup there is a chance of the "S" word! lol.

Suzy Q - Awwwwwww that is no fair, can't see my snoopy. lol. I'll have to work on that so you can see it. Hmmmmmmmm. lol. He is just too darn cute not to share! lol. Can U see my Turkey under my Signature??

Big to all.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 11-21-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:08 AM   #34  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....just popping in to see how every one is doing!

nothing new on this end......took forever to get Brandon to sleep. When i got him to sleep and took him into his room, he threw so much of a fit (and turned on the light) that it woke up Logan! So, after FINALLY getting Brandon back to sleep and in bed, and then putting Logan back into his bed with his new friend Ernie, all is quiet on that front!

Brandon is doing better. I am not sure what was up with him, but he is better. In fact, I will have to post a picture of how he wears his hat now. One of the maintenance guys (the one that has caught my eye) has been working a lot around our apartment. Brandon has really taken an interest in him (as in a friend kind of thing) and has since started wearing his hat like him. The maintenance guy has been wearing a baseball hat with a winter hat over it to keep his head warm, well that is now how Brandon wears his hat(s).

Although, on another note........Brandon has found his middle finger. Tommy got out of the shower and Brandon looked at him and flipped him off. Tommy looks at him and says "what did you just do?" so Brandon did it again. Tommy says "I don't want to see you using that finger again like that. If I hear that you have done it again then you will get grounded." We have not seen that finger any more since the incident.

Michelle~ Not sure if we met or not, but I am Mindee. Sounds like you have your plate full!

Hello to every one else, I am trying to get my email checked so I can go to bed early......
Old 11-21-2007, 07:54 AM   #35  
ugggg.....

Mindee--boy you have your hands full girly!!

Sassy--I like Snoopy too--Teri got me a Snoopy dressed in a lavender bunny suit at Hallmark one year. On of the girls at work ordered from a Current catalog and got her granddaughter a Snoopy lunchbox looking thing filled with personalized note pads--looked really cute

SuzyQ--How was the after the rose show--did he give any good answers or did he make himself look like a bigger jerk for not even trying to pick one

Cristina--I am going to be baking pies today too & always the cleaning

Michelle--WOW--you have had a really rough time of it--How is your daughter doing in school?--did you have a little of the empty nest thing too?? WOW moving to GA is a big step too--completely on a different coast. You were missed.

I might call the dentist today--my jaw still is hurting and I don't think it should be.....
Old 11-21-2007, 12:39 PM   #36  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

HI ladies. Michelle, it is great to see you back. I am sorry for what you have been going through.
I have been enjoying my time with the "baby boy." He is a sweetie. He bought me Netflix for my BD and is trying to show me the ropes. I am not going to start it until after the holiday so I have time to watch some dvds. He has stayed right here at the house so far, but it is just a matter of time as his friends are circling. lol. He and DH are in the workshop today since he wanted DH to show him all his woodworking equip. They are starting to build me a small half round table of walnut.

I am going out to plant the 10 trees I got from Arbor day foundation. Well, I should say the sticks I got. If even a couple make it I will be happy. At least my fear of trying to plant them in sub-zero weather didn't come true. It is very warm today, although damp and gray. WOuld be a beautiful day if only the sun would shine.

I am making some candy this afternoon and a pudding dish to take tomorrow to my brother-in-laws house. I am not cooking the huge meal this year...whew! Our nephew is home from Kuwait so they wanted to have the family in. Should be a real fun day and LOTS of us to boot. DS is happy he gets to see so many of the family. Too bad DD won't arrive until evening. She misses the dinner. But it will be nice to see her and catch up. She wanted to spend the week-end with her sis and brother. The young folks are going out Sat. night and then I am having dinner Sunday.

My DD's are thinking of shopping on Fri. and asked me to go. Ha...not on your life.

Mom is not feeling too well. I don't know if she will feel like celebrating Thanksgiving or just staying quiet. She did eat a meal last night, but mostly doesn't have much. She has already lost at least 20 pounds and I don't know how to stop that. I bought Ensure, but getting her to drink it is another story. When she feels good she is perky and ready to go until she tires out. It is a roller coaster ride for sure.

Gotta run and get busy...sorry to be in a hurry. Just wanted to be sure and wish you all a happy turkey day.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:09 PM   #37  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

Well, I got my big arse up early...didn't want to but I did. A few people were starting to get there (Wal-Mart) when I was leaving. Glad I didn't need much. But I did have to go to another grocery store...didn't have my caffeine free diet coke, or DD little bottle dr peppers. Then I ran to Target to get Josh's GF's kids something for Christmas...don't know if it's something they want but was a great deal so whatever. Now I am getting some laundry done so I don't have any to do tomorrow and it doesn't pile up too bad...and cooking a pumpkin pie. More work later and I WILL get some exercise in. Going to do my WATP Walk and Jog and hopefully ride the bike and do weights. We'll see how that goes today.

JULES...don't work too hard today, and I'll try not to too! Sorry your jaw is still hurting...I think it would be wise to call the dentist especially since they will be closed tomorrow. Tell Teri to take it easy today, working those hours she will be working.

MINDEE...oppsie! The middle finger eh? Sounds like you are busy, busy, busy with the little guys. Glad Brandon is feeling better, and that is a cute avatar...funny how kids pick up things from others.

SUSAN...give Rachel some hugs from me...you tell her I said to be good. Hope the counseling went well, or is that today? I won't over do today...plan on doing a little, taking a break, doing some, taking a break...

SASSY...oh my goodness it is a COLD one today! Wouldn't be so bad if that wind wasn't horrible. A very gloomy day for sure. Do you have to work tomorrow?

HIYA SUE, KATY & MICHELLE!

EDITED to say Hi to SUE...sounds like you have been and are busy. Glad you are enjoying time with DS. And enjoy your dinner tomorrow with family. Hoping your momma feels better too! Hugs to her

I best get going...lots of stuff to get done. I bought Hairspray and plan on watching it tomorrow. It was so good I had to get it. Got one for myself and then Jason requested it for Christmas so I got him one too. HE gets the one with a second dvd with extras. Anywhoo....

Take care ladies and...

HAVE A VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-21-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:00 PM   #38  
kitty Momo

Hey all

A quickie......

Sassy - I see Snoopy now!! I am on a different computer. I always saw the turkey below your siggy. btw - whose on first?? I feel like we are talking in code! lol

Jules - I think the B looked worse after the show. Personally he did have a right not to chose either. I mean after 6 weeks he might just wanted to cut his losses. Also I don't think he has *issues* or hang ups just because he wanted to move on without DeAnna or Jenni....

Sue - Great to see you pop in!

Cristina - counseling was today, she went and also enrolled back in school!! Thanks for asking!

better run........Gab's school is doing a pumpkin pie social and I have to go....lol, sounds yummy. Also taking her swimming this afternoon, Beck to a movie and Rach is hanging out with her cousins....so, full day!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 11-21-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:30 PM   #39  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--I guess your right--better to say no to both than to do like the rest of the previous bachelors did and end up breaking it off any way. Wow..only 6 weeks. It must be intensely emotional for the girls. I personally am too jealous of a person to ever go on a show like that...and oh..I guess hubby wouldn't like it either!!

Cristina--I had to run to Auto Parts for hubby and to CVS and to Martins for a couple of groceries. I was suprised how busy the store was, a lady not paying attention ran into the back of my heel--ouch!! It is really warm here today, it actually got in the 70's!! Well, time to put a get a load out of the dryer and fold and put away and put a second load in.

Sue--hubby and I talked about going out but he is not one for waiting in long lines....Enjoy your day wothout cooking!!

Well back to laundry!!

Last edited by jules1216; 11-21-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:23 PM   #40  

hello ladies....are you all ready for tomorrow?

nothing new.....just getting ready for tomorrow as much as we can. Brandon's finger slipped out once today. I guess it is kind of my fault because I was showing him and Logan how to do "where is Thumbkin?" I just didn't think that that would be the finger that would stick out to him.

Jules~ What did the dentist office say?

Sue~ how did the planting go? we got a tree sapling one year, and we had my mom plant it at her house. I hope your mama starts feeling better soon. Glad to hear that you are enjoying time with your DS.

Cristina~ I am dreading going anywhere after tomorrow! last year we made the mistake of going to wal-mart because they had christmas trees on sale! but we ended up walking around for about an hour and a half to two hours, so the lines really weren't that bad. (it was us, plus two of the kids' godmothers)

SuzyQ~ man, you have your busy shoes on today! how was the pumpkin social?
Old 11-21-2007, 05:12 PM   #41  

just thought I would send this on to all you wonderful ladies....

http://www.cpmsglife.org/tg/2006tdm1.html
Old 11-21-2007, 07:24 PM   #42  
kitty Momo

I get to sit for a second so thought I would peek in!

Gab and I are both tired, our schedule has been messed up all week. tsk,tsk.
The pumpkin pie social was very sweet. You blinked and inhaled and it done with -lol
The teachers made some delish chicken /rice soup for lunch and offered the parents some. I just smelled it because I had already eaten. It looked good though!
Gab had these dark circles under her eyes and I offered swimming but she said no, she wanted to stay at school and play. So, left her there and grabbed Beck and her friend and took them to the theatre, after that headed for the store. Shopped and went back to get Gab.
I guess her father had just dropped in to see her. Talk about close calls .... ....bought a little turkey loaf and put that in the over, why wait til tomorrow to start being thankul....I am thankful for turkey and stuffing every day.
btw - I heard the average person eats 7000 calories on thanksgiving.....total insanity!

Sorry , not keeping up very well. I am just tired. better get, once again!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 11-21-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:42 PM   #43  
ugggg.....

Harpers Ferry WV is about 20 minutes from my house--Ryan used to work at the Armory Pub there and hiking on the CO canal on the MD side of the Potomac and crossing a bridge and hitting Jefferson Rock (named for Thomas Jefferson) was one of there favorite weekend hikes. It's got a beatiful old stone church and lots of neat little shops-they are gearing up for Christmas and it looks like fun, if hubby's not gonna go with me I will get my mom or Ryan.
Here's the link:
http://historicharpersferry.com/index.asp
Old 11-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #44  
ugggg.....

Mindee--the dentist office closed early today--hubby has some Motrin that are prescription strength so I took those and it helped.

SuzyQ--you and those ex's!! What movie did the girls go to? I think Enchanted looks cute--I think I might talk Beck into taking her two girls and go. The guys can stay home with the boy---Hubby just loves him--practicing for Dominick. Hubby told Teri he doesn't like the name Dominick so he wants to call him Nick--shes ok with that.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:53 PM   #45  
One day at a time

Hiya Chickies...

SUSAN...you are right...we should be thankful every day, which I am. But not save the 'special' dinner for holidays. YIKES! 7000 calories?! There will be a lot of work outs for me the rest of the week, lol. Glad Rachel got signed up again. I wish kids could understand the importance of getting an education.

MINDEE...I am almost ready for tomorrow. Been working my butt off getting things done. Did a lot of the prep work so mostly and the desserts are done. I am pooped!

JULES...that is a cool place...love the mountains! Hope hubby goes with you. Hey, DH can always call Dominick David. Glad the tooth is better.

Anywho...I finished with what I had planned to do. Just really have the cooking to do tomorrow...throw things in the oven, and peel the potatoes. I did get in my exercise...did 20 mns. weights/bike, a mile on the treadmill and the WATP walk & jog...probably the reason my feet are killing me now. And I am headed to bed to get an early start tomorrow. I am glad I got the things done...it means more time tomorrow to do nothing, lol.

Have a good one ladies.
Closed Thread