Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Thumbs up Back In Kindergarten #31

Welcome to Back In Kindergarten Thread

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

New members are always welcome.
Pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 11-09-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Carried over from Thread #30

KATY
It's his finger and it looks really gross. Well, he changed his mind and is going with Laserport for his bday. Yippee ...a dozen 11 year olds running around shooting each other.

Yay on the one pound down, Susan! Have a nice nap...

I changed over to the new blog today and I posted some pics of the sweater I knit for my 20 pound "reward" . 'Course the sweater is a nice big snuggly one and you can't tell I've lost anything...oh well...there will be a next one!

Sassy
Hey all.......
This morning I started having twinges of sharp shooting pain down my back into my leg and my arm............It still hurts............So I called off work for my shift tonight this morning and also made an appt w/ my dr. The next appt was going to be on Wed until they heard what my problem was then they squeezed me in today. Its at 2:30.

Anywho, I hope you all have a great day.

Jules
Katy--the sweater is beautiful and so are you!! I am glad the pizza crust worked for you, it was good when Joann treated us with it!!

SuzyQ--yea on the weightloss--good luck with the chipped tooth--I go in after Thanksgiving to get one I chipped taken care of.

Hey Sassy--yikes--hope you get better fast--my shoulder and neck really bothered me this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 11-05-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:22 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

sigh , ok that was exhausting!! lol

You look beautiful Katy!! I love the sweater and your glasses!

Sassy wow, hope your back feels better. Sending special thoughts at 2:30 and pray everything is ok.

Jules Hi, I am just glad the tooth is in the back and no one can see it. How are you doing today? How is Teri???

Where is our Cristina??

I never did go back to bed. I have been trying to help the ex. He is bleeding and blood and men is not a good combo. Omg.....you think he was dying. He is fine , he just is healing. Honest. lol
Need to run to the center and sign Gab up for the next swimming session. After that I think I will rest some , my sinus are bothering me.

You all have a good day!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:06 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Girls

Hi Girls.

Dr. Said it is nerve pain and prescribed medicine. Also gave me meds for muscular pain, if I should get any. He did say my symptoms describe a slipped disc, but since I have not had an injury, he does not think its that. He said to call ASAP if it gets worse. I haven't gotten my medicines yet, I sat at the pharmacy for 1/2 hour and I was like, forget this I am going home. lol. Could not sit any longer.......lol. So DH is out to get it now.

He gave me a note for work, saying I was there. DH asked if it covered tomorrow too, well no........I figure I would go back tomorrow night and if I wake up and its worse I'll just call the dr and I'm sure he'll give me a note to be off...........Its bad enough I missed one night. I feel guilty, I should have just went in and maybe asked my boss if I could leave early, but oh well. What is done is done...............If I go in now it still counts against me so may as well rest...........I may email my boss and see if I can come in an hour early tomorrow and on Wed, to make up at least 2 hours of my time. I can't make up much more time than that, because of the long hours I work. But I Dunno maybe I should wait and see how I feel...........

My DH was grumpy and groggy today. He slept while I was at the drs. Its his pain medicine that his dr gave him for his knees, totally knocks him out. We are quite a pair. I told him last night it would be nice if he could get new knees and I could get a new spine. lol.

TY Cristina for the Card!

Well that is about it.

Big

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 11-05-2007 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Wanted to add a TY for Cristina!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #5  
ugggg.....

Sassy--hugs to you and hubby--hope you both feel better

SuzyQ--My tooth is in the back on the right side. Good luck with yours!!

Dave started his job today through the temp service--keeping my fingers crossed that he can keep it!! Teri is doing good. Some of the girls at work are telling her she is going to go early--I told her she hasn't even started to drop yet so not to get her hopes up.

Good night all--I am going to read a little and then go to bed.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Good Evening -

It is odd not to have Cristina here! I miss seeing her post. *wah *wah....

Sassy - Please don't push going back to work. I think problems with the back are scary. My mom had a slipped disc when we were kids and I remember her in such pain and always finding comfort laying on the floor. Anyway, I always felt guilty too taking time off work. I never did in the 4 /2 years I worked. I was pretty sick though, have to take care of yourself first!! That is an order....lol.......pssst, I hate waiting in waiting rooms too.

Jules - Mine is in the back too! It is next to the last one on the bottom right. I also have a chipped one directly above it that has been that way for 5 years....lol. I just wanted to get some of this taken care of before my medical ends next month. Crossing fingers for Dave!

Walked 2 miles and have managed to get 60 ozs of water down today.

I am going to spend the night again at the ex's. I think I will take Gab home and have our time with homework and reading first. Dress her in her jammies and come back at 8pm to put her to bed. I told the ex I HAD to watch my bachelor show and thus began a full 20 minutes on what that is all about. He is 73, he doesn't hear or understand much of what I say.....lol

I made pork chops. veggies, stuffing w/ cranberries for dinner. It was good, I filled the plate mostly w/ veggies.

k- to all........
Old 11-05-2007, 10:32 PM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening...Sounds like between chipped teeth and slipped discs we are quite a group here. My malady is a bad shoulder and very sore underarm area. I got an appt. for in the morning. Hoping it is not my lymph glands. Can do without that scare after the melanoma.
Nothing else here...I did get in 2 miles of walking today and yesterday. Also cut out any snacks today except a low fat graham cracker. Meals were not bad either. Slowly getting back in gear. No WI though.
Talk to you all tomorrow, I can't type long.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:19 PM   #8  
~Believe~

TY Ladies. My DH finally got here with my medicine and I just took it...........so we'll see.........I hope I wake up in time to go to work tomorrow! lol...........I am a bit of a light weight when it comes to medicines. lol. (the only thing about me that is "Light") lol.

I'm off to bed, gonna watch "Driving Miss Daisy" on HBO until I hit La La land.......DH asked me if I wanted him to wake me up at any certain time. I am like even if you tried, your most likely not going to get me up, with me being drugged. I said just let me sleep please. If anything I will call the dr in the morning and get a new note for work. Like you ladies said, my health is more important.

DH is a total grump tonight! I don't know who peed in his wheaties but I am glad I'm going to bed! He is just not very nice, esp with me in pain I am just not in the mood! Sorry if he doesn't like me staying home from work and "invading" his off time or whatever his problem is, but that is just tough luck!

Okay guess he's beginning to wear off on me, sorry ladies! lol. I'm off to bed now! lol.

Ta Ta!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 11-05-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:32 AM   #9  
kitty Momo

I'm back. I have some serious munchies going on. If I type I won't eat, right??

Sue- Praying that your doctors appt brings you some good news. I am sorry you are in pain.

Sassy- hmmmm, doesn't sound like DH received the memo who the boss is??? He needs to treat you like the princess that you are or we will all pee in his wheaties! I hope you feel better but I would really like you to stay home and get some rest. Just call me Dr. Susan.......haha. Was it Jessica Tandy that was in Driving Miss Daisy??? What a classy lady, that was a great movie.

So, ya. I am playing a doctor tonight and gave myself a vicodin for my tooth pain. lol......I stealed it from the ex. It is better now, I am a wuss when it comes to pain in my mouth. I can't deal with it.

I had a tablespoon of low fat cottage cheese w/ some veggies left over from dinner....... not bad and some wheat thins. I really need to stop there.....I wish I had some fruit in the house.

Gaby is my sweetie. I read her 3 books and yet when we got in bed she wanted another story. I mumbled no we did the stories and she goes "the bear story.....the 2 bears ....no the 3 bears in the woods and the girl eats their oatmeal..."...and she rambles on.....and falls asleep.

Watching Dancing w/ the Stars. I think Marie Osmond is so great, she has 8 kids! Can you imagine....omg. I think Jennie Garth is beautiful but she always has a sour look on her face. I love Jane Seymours hair, she is so pretty......amazing at 56!

ok, I have mumbled enough. Waiting for The Bachelor.....and hope to keep my paws off the food!

G'Night!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 11-06-2007 at 12:51 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:04 AM   #10  
~Believe~

Cool Good Morning Chicks!

Morning Chicks!

Well I got some sleep, about an hour and a half, earlier and feel much better! Only downside is one of my meds causes me to sweat........UGH.......But if I feel better its well worth it!!!!!!

I got my "fast food fix" for supper yesterday, I figured one meal in a week is okay as long as its not a habit. So tonight I am leaving a bit early for work and stopping at the grocery to get healthy stuff to munch on at work, cuz another side effect of one of my meds is increased appetite......Great just what I need! lol. But I am going to get me some good food to take to work to snack on and eat healthy meals.

Dr. Suzy Q -- Dr. Suzy Q. Paging Dr. Suzy Q. lol............Awwwwww thanks. I talked about it with DH and he was just having an "off" day I guess. He is "back to himself" now. He usually always treats me like a But here lately he has been taking pain pills for his knee, which I told him makes him a bit of a jerk at times. lol. He apologized. Said he was going to bow at my feet from now on............LMAO. Kidding.......I feel mucho better and plan on going back to work tonight but if my boss or any of my co workers give me any lip about missing lastnight I will send them directly to you! lol. I honestly would take off this week IF I had the personal time to cover it.....and I only have enough for one night unfortunately. And u know those darn bills just won't pay themselves! Wish they did! But I promise (raises right hand) to be "Good" at work and make my co-workers wait on me hand and foot.....lmao.

Awwwwww dear sweet Vicadin, my dear sweet friend, usually when my back goes out, but this time since its nerve pain, I get a new "friend" actually "Friends" he gave me two....... Awww that was a very sweet moment I'm sure with Gaby..........I need her to "evaluate" my stories if I ever get around to creating some......... I want to be a children's writer.......Yeah I saw Marie has 8 children, that was scary when she passed out.......poor girl, said it happens to her all the time and they can't find anything to help her..........

Oh and yes It is Jessica Tandy in Driving Miss Daisy. Yes she did a great job and I just love that movie and had kinda "forgotten" all about it until I saw it was on HBO...........I told DH I want to get it so I can watch it anytime......

Well I guess I've rambled on looooonnnnnggg enough! lol. So girls I am off to go shower cuz I am all sweaty and YUCK..... lol Then going to lay down so hopefully I can get some sleep for work tonight........

Have a Great Tuesday!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 11-06-2007 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Forgot about Jessica Tandy! lmao........
Old 11-06-2007, 10:16 AM   #11  
kitty Momo

mmm, good morning...
What kind of pills make you sweat Sassy?? I should KNOW this being a doctor and all. haha
Glad you are feeling better!!! and good to hear hubby is back to his sweet self otherwise I would have sent a box of soggy wheaties. ewwwww.

I have to get Beck to school and get Gaby ready. Back and forth, back and forth.....

bbl
Old 11-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #12  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Morning ladies...My Dr. verdict is bursitis in the shoulder and a benign growth under my arm. He wants to send me to a surgeon for removal, but told me I can think about it for a couple weeks...IF it doesn't grow or hurt. If it does either it HAS to go. Yuck. After having the diagnosis of malignant melanoma I am a little "jumpy" about any bumps that don't belong. He only gave me an anti inflammatory med. None of the good stuff like vicodin. LOL

Might get a 2 mile walk in today if the weather will comply. Right now it looks like rain and is cold as spit.

Sassy- Glad you are feeling some better with your meds. Susan...Hope you get the tooth fixed!
Where is Cristina?
Katy- Yay, I looked at your new blog. LOVE the sweater. You are so talented along with your beauty!
BB later gals.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:23 PM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Sorry for being MIA!

Sunday is my day off from just about everything, sorry, even the puter, usually. Besides all those drugs from the dentist made me so sleepy. I didn't get out of bed until 2'ish...that's terrible! My body sure felt it too...not one to lay around a lot. Yesterday I focused on getting back on track with my water and exercise...made sure I got my exercise in first thing. then straightened the house, did tons of laundry, or so it seemed and then DD and I relaxed at the show yesterday. Got home just in time for Jeopardy and then went out to plant some bulbs. Geez, then it was time to fix dinner so by the time dinner was done I was ready to sit down, actually I was ready to go to bed, lol! Busy day to say the least.

Weighed in and I am at 189 which is great for me. I forgot to WI last week I think, and with all the eating out since Josh has been home I honestly thought I would have gained at least 2 pounds. Not to mention hardly any exercise or water. I have been a bad girl for sure. Then on top of it TOM, ugh! So I am happy with my 189! Woohoo to me, lol!

SUE...bursitis is not fun, and then to add a bump to it, ugh. Hope the meds help. Hope your mom is well.

SUSAN...I bet the ex is thankful for you! You are a sweetie to help him with his recovery. And WTG to Rachel on her loss! That is GREAT! And to you and your skinny size 8! And your 167! You ladies put me to shame...me and my measly 16 pounds, lol! I can only dream of being in a size 8! KUDOS to you both! And the other ex wanting to buy clothes, now that is funny! Ugh, men.

SASSY...glad you and hubby are fine! I think I have been him since going to the dentist...the slightest breath V makes I jump all over him. Really not meaning to be a biotch, lol...just happened. Feeling lots better though. Hey, and you are not a freak when it comes to loving bacon. OMG! That is one food we can't keep here. Everyone but Jason loves it! I could eat a whole package by myself...DD and I have, lol! It is too good for sure.

KATY...I love your sweater and your glasses! The sweater is awesome, you are so good with your knitting lady! So J changed his mind eh? Lol The glowing greens looked like such a good place to have a BD party too! Wow, wish we had a place like that here...I am such the little kid.

JULES...glad to hear Teri is doing well. Wow, the time is getting near isn't it? Bet everyone is so excited! Keeping my fingers that Dave gets a job he likes and will stick with, for a while anyway.

Man is it cold here today! Wasn't ready for this cold. And Susan, I hear ya about Hawaii...Josh says he can't wait to get there in the warm weather, lol.

Have a good day ladies! Chat with ya later
Old 11-06-2007, 03:57 PM   #14  
~Believe~

Cool

Hi Chicks.

I feel nauseous today......... If I had any personal time I sure would call off tonight...........But alas, I do not. lol.

Suzy Q -- They have me Steroids. So now I can be buff like Arnold Swarza--however you spell his name. lol.........Nah they are a form of steroids my DH says and that is what is making me sweat........alas it is not from my dear sweet husband........lmao.

My mother got her blood test results back and her Cholesterol is high, higher than mine is! So guess it can be a hereditary thing! As my grandma had it as well.........and I believe so does a couple of my uncles! They have her on meds for it now. Everything else came back normal.......Phew.

Oh and here is a tip for lowering cholesterol (I know imagine that, ME giving a tip!! lol. But I do know all about lowering cholesterol as I've been doing it since I was a teenager. lol) : Take Fish Oil pills. They have coated ones now too. They helped me lower mine and are great for your heart, among other things. Now of course Omega 3's which are in the fish oil pills are in foods you eat as well, if you'd rather take that approach, but some of us maybe cannot eat that many and so there is why they invented fish oil pills. Here is a link as well, explaining about Omega 3's, what foods are high in them, and what they do for ya, for any of those interested: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...trient&dbid=84

Sue -- We could "re-coop" together..............UGH isn't it annoying to be in pain! lol.........I think my pain is making me feel sick. I know it can do that at times......I hope it passes............ Big and gentle to you, hoping you have a quick recovery!

Cristina -- TY. Yeah I think pain and medication can do that to people sometimes, so far I have been the most pleasant person, ever! lmao. Nah I've been okay so far..........but its still early yet! lol. I think we all need a "day off" just to do absolutely nothing and I know some people have a very hard time with that, like my mother. She never sits still. lol. No wonder her metabolism is through the roof! lol.

UGH its just one of those icky yucky cold fall days that makes ya wanna curl up and watch some movies...........too bad I can't do that tonight.........Don't think they would like that too much at work........lmao.

to all!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #15  
ugggg.....

Quick hi..not feeling good--I think I am getting a cold, hopefully it's not going to be one of those years I am sick the whole winter...
Closed Thread