3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weighty Issues #56: Let's Get Back to Sexy!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/124127-weighty-issues-56-lets-get-back-sexy.html)

melekalikimaka 10-02-2007 04:04 AM

Weighty Issues #56: Let's Get Back to Sexy!!!

:welcome2: to the :ghost: October Weighty Issues Thread. The holidays are fast approaching which means memorable occasions and merriment. Who wants to look good and feel good during the end of the year celebrations? I know I do. Let's help each other out and get back to "sexy" :belly:.

Hey newbies out there, need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast :coolsnow: to the West Coast :shocksn: and the sunny Pacific :sunny: :rain: .

We support :cheer2: :congrat: :cheer2: each other through the highs :high: and lows :( of every day life--it's not just about weight loss :goodscale , it's about LIFE :dunno: . If you have something to say :gossip: or need a shoulder to cry on :cry: , come on in, :comp:
grab a chair and stay awhile :cofdate: . You'll be glad you did.

melekalikimaka 10-02-2007 04:21 AM

Good evening ladies, I didn't realize October was here! Thanks Virgo for the prompting :hug:

Well, my first week back on WW was great, I had a WI tonight and was down 5.6 lbs. I know it's mostly water weight but I'll take it in any way, shape or form, thank you. ;) It really is nice to have a support system here at home. My sister and I joined last week, and we brought along another sister today. I even got credited a free meeting for the referrals. We had dinner together afterward, each of us choosing salads as our entrees, so we were good girls.

Did I mention the guinea pig my sister found a couple of months back? We named her Ginny (as in Weasley from Harry Potter, because she had red hair :lol: ) Well, it turns out she was pregnant and she just had a litter of 6, one was stillborn, but we still have 5 adorable baby guinea pigs. I'm sure we'll either be adopting them out or selling them to a nearby pet store. So the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Some pets go and by-golly some new ones arrive quite unexpectedly!

Virgo, that is not my cat in my avatar, I just found his picture on the web and he really looked like how I've been feeling recently :lol: , like a stuffed sausage. I do have many cats but only one of them is overweight. Good for you for signing yourself up for a challenge! I wouldn't mind posting here just to say that I stayed OP and got some exercise in like I should. Why not?

Karen, thanks for your kind words about everything. I am still sending good vibes your way for a quick sale for your home and "accessories". That 5th wheel does look like a great way to live while traveling across the country. And BTW, I love seeing your emails, funny and inspirational so thank you!

It is getting quite late here so I'll stop here. I hope you all have a great week and hope to see some others pop in. Take care of yourselves ladies, you deserve it. :grouphug:

melekalikimaka 10-04-2007 12:27 AM

Hello all, not much going on here, just winding down from a day of laundry. I made a nice, big pot of beef stew with some red wine, it was so good! I had just one serving with a nice green salad on the side.

How's everyone else?

FatToFitVirgo 10-05-2007 11:01 PM

Oct. 1 - 7.03/339calories/57minutes
Oct. 2 - 5.85/275cal/43min
Oct. 3 - nought
Oct. 4 - 4.85/112cal/32min
Oct. 5 - nought

redballoon 10-06-2007 04:49 PM

Noelle, Hello there. I just happened to call up this thread and saw your avatar and was appalled!! :eek: I was SO glad to hear it wasn't your cat. The poor thing. Hope you're doing well and everyone else is too. Just saying hi! :wave:

melekalikimaka 10-07-2007 03:19 AM

Hey Red, nice of you to drop by! :wave: Yup, not my cat--I wouldn't even know how to get one of my cats that BIG :lol: You look like you're doing pretty darn great with your weight loss efforts and challenges. :bravo: Hope your feline friends are doing well.

:wave: Hello all, how's your Saturday going? I am planning on doing a Pet Walk for the Humane Society tomorrow morning, just bringing Lucky though. Kai is having some bouts of arthritis since he is around 12 years old. I even got in a few walks with my sister around the neighborhood this past week. I have gone farther than I have in a while just to test my knee and so far, so good. Hopefully in a week or two I will try and do my old route of 3.5 miles just to see how I feel afterwards. I am doing pretty well staying OP these days, It makes a world of difference to me staying OP when I know I have to weigh-in to someone :yes: :lol:

Virgo, good job on your exercise log :cp: I take it your challenge is doing well?

How's everyone else? :listen: Anywho, have a great weekend.

redballoon 10-07-2007 03:23 AM

Hi Noelle, good to hear from you. Love you yo-yo-ing in your weight profile. I have to admit my weight needs updated there. I am doing the same kind of yo-yo thing, so it was actually 71.4 kg this morning. I still have it at my very recent low. Sigh. What gives, eh? Certainly better be those stretch pants! :lol3: Thanks for doing the pet walk. Anyone who's a friend of animals is A+ in my book! Take care!

calnative 10-07-2007 11:32 AM

I've just finished 1st quarter with school...was so glad to see the kids go home!!
I'll post more a little later; I'm still winding down from the hectic last week of school before break. I have 2 weeks off now, and I hope to get lots of rest.

Cal

angieME 11-30-2007 10:07 AM

Hi Noelle!!! I thought I would come on to post this morning. Well, now Corey si sick and puking and has to go to the doctors. I hope we can actually go on vacation...it is 15 days away! My back is still killing me too.

I guess it is a good thing I already did my Christmas shopping early this year. LOL

I have to go bleach everything we all touch so hopefully I dont get what Corey has too. I hate winter, did I ever tell you that? haha

angieME 11-30-2007 05:23 PM

Hey Corey went to the docs today and he has Strep throat AND Bronchitis! Poor kid.

melekalikimaka 12-03-2007 05:54 PM

Well HELLO stranger!!! Fancy meeting you here :lol: :hug: I missed you!

Please take care of yourself and the kiddos (my gosh they're teenagers aren't they? :yikes: ). Feeling any better today? I heard on the news there was some snow storm and power was out in the northeast? So no school for a lot of areas. Stay warm! Hey, the mac nuts are on sale at another store for around $6.75, but I can get another brand (5 each of 2oz boxes, 4 different flavors) for around $20. I think the variety is chocolate covered coffee beans, toffee-chocolate macadamia nuts, roasted/salted mac nuts, milk chocolate covered mac nuts and one more I can't remember. Anyway, I am still searching.

Cal, are you out there? Hope you're doing well. How are things in AZ? We're trying to resurrect this thread so come on by.

Hello to all :wave:

angieME 12-03-2007 07:20 PM

Hey. My back is feeling so much better now. I wont let Corey leave even though he seems better because I know he will be smoking and I will have to beat him if he gets sick again. I wished I could say no smoking and they would just listen to me. I know they need to learn for themselves but I will tellya they are having way more problems already than I ever did brofre I smartened up and quit.
I have been bleaching my whole house daily so we can get over this sickeness and hopefully no one else gets sick before we leave. LOL

Oh you dont have to look too hard for any nuts. I was just wondering if there is a big price difference over there from here. I cant believe that all I can find here are the plain salted ones. LOL

Oh yeah we have been getting hit hard with snow all day. We are expecting about 20 inches before morning. Not good since we will be leaving in a week and I cant open any of the slides on the rv to pack up more stuff. I guess I will have to run and dump everything on the bed and organize in Penn. on the first night

Cal, Hi. :wave:

Karen31 12-03-2007 07:39 PM

Hi Cal, Noelle, Angie and Welcome :welcome3: Red! So glad to see new posts here! I thought that everyone had abandoned us! We're still trying to sell our house. I know it is bad timing but so was Tim getting terminated from his job in April! It is still hard for me to believe they did that to him after he had been there so long and was only 2 years away from retirement! I'm just hoping the house sells soon and we can get moved back to MO. where all my family is.
Angie sure hope you are feeling better. Where are you going on vacation? I hope you really have a good time --- you deserve it!
Noelle, glad to hear from you too. I know we have kind of kept up on some other threads too. Us short people got to stick together!! ;)
Well, I jsut wanted to pop in for a minute. Hope to see some more of our regulars here in the days to come! Has anyone heard from Dips??
Take care everyone..

Shy Moment 12-03-2007 08:12 PM

Karen
Sorry to hear you haven't sold the house yet. It doesn't surprise me anyone anything company's do to their long time employees. They just don't care do they.

Angie
Darn that is a lot of snow. We don't generally get hit like that until Feb or mar. I love rv vacations. We live that the camp grounds in the summer time. Terrible time of year for illness. I wear a mask everywhere I go. These lung don't need anyone germs lol. Ok, I look a bit strange but after having pneumonia and double pneumonia every year for 7 years. I am done being sick. Last year was the first time in many years I didn't feel like I was dieing all winter long.

Have to say I love winter and can't wait for everything ( except the roads and my drive lol ) to be covered in a few inches of snow, 6 to 8 is enough for me. We got enough snow and wind and freezing yuck today to make everything wet and that is about it. Doesn't even look pretty yet. We live in a little valley so that means, we either don't get much or we get hit with 18 inches ( last year in 9 hours ).

melekalikimaka 12-04-2007 04:00 PM

Hello everyone, I had to post some pics of my mom's new Mini Pinscher puppy. Her name is Hana (haw-nah, like Hana, Maui, not Hannah Montana :lol: ) and we just got her last Friday. She's still young, probably only around 6 weeks but we had to take her or else she would've been sold. We are feeding her puppy formula and she is starting to eat some puppy kibble. She is so tiny, probably only 1 lb., even our Chihuahua mix wasn't this little when we got her. She's a bit bossy even for being so little. She's got control of the house!

Karen31 12-04-2007 09:47 PM

Hi Noelle,
Hana is adorable!!! I'll bet she has everyone of you wrapped around her "little toes"!!! My sister has a chihuahua that is about 10 pounds!! She is defintely over weight but then again she is about 11 years old now and is losing all her teeth so I guess she has earned that right to be "plump"!! I look forward to seeing more pictures as she grows!

melekalikimaka 12-06-2007 05:16 PM

Hi Karen, yeah, she is adorable and a sneaky little ankle-biter. She's not afraid of much either, she'll charge right up to you :lol:

My internet connection is spotty these days, we had a freak storm and super high winds which knocked out power and utilities for a few days. Everything is slowly coming back online. I'm not complaining though, we definitely need the rain--the wind though, can go back to wherever it came from. Even when we had our last hurricane here 10 years ago the winds weren't as bad as they were the other night, it was kind of scary. Luckily, we're all ok. So if I don't come around for a few days, it's because I have no internet connection. You know I love you guys :grouphug:

PhotogirlTX 12-07-2007 10:11 AM

Its been a while...

:hug: Hey Ladies! Happy Holidays!!! I can't believe I haven't logged in to this place in so very long. Much has happened... I am at a much better place in my life now!

Biggest news... Alan and I got engaged back on May 31st... on top of Diamond Head. We have been dating for over 5 years now... so along with everyone else... I say its about TIME! :p

We have set the wedding date to be a year from that, May 31st, 2008 here in Oklahoma... but we are going back to Hawaii for the honeymoon. This time, we are going to Kauai. Noelle, back in May, I got to see your great island.. we were with Alan's parents, and it was such a whirl wind trip. But it was so beautiful there. I loved it.

Alan moved in with the girls and I finally back at the end of September, first of October. I had already moved in his dog.. Maggie the boxer. We tried and tried to sell his house, but the market is so very bad right now. We are now renting it out, and hope to place it back on the market come spring.

We've been discussing moving at some point to Colorado.. since we all love it there so much... right now, just doing research. My job/company looks like it will go away in about two years. It's a Japanese company, and there are talks of taking our operations floor and moving them to Japan. So if that happens (and from everything that has happened in the past year and a half surely points in that direction) then I will be jobless and able to make a change in a couple of years.

Since I'm in payroll.. I finally broke down and got my certification for my field this fall. That took a couple of months of heavy studying and finally the 4 hour exam this past October. Happy to say, I passed.. and I am now a CPP.

Hannah is in 4th grade now.. and her grades are awesome, but she is struggling with everything. We have had so many problems with her "forgetting" homework and such.. she is in ALL DAY Detention today because of it.

Megan, I held her back this year, so she is going through 1st grade again. She is doing SO much better this year. Really blossoming like I hoped she would. That was a tough decision to make on my own. There are times that I really miss having Steven around... and the tough parenting decisions are one of those times.

Now it's Christmas season.... so I am just getting ready for that. Girls are excited. Hannah is doing her best to keep her belief in Santa alive... she sorta knows the truth, but she is embracing her faith and belief in Santa and not considering anything else right now. Its really quite cute!

I guess that is my update. :-) Oh... I am still trying to lose weight. I finally got motivated again last week when I realized I only had SIX months til the wedding, and I want to feel good about myself. I am at the largest I've been in a while.. I gained weight after Alan moved it... he did too.. so we are working on that now. Less than 6 months to go!

I am not going to pressure myself, but I am going to really try to stay focused and committed for the next several months! I better get back to work!

:snowglo:

melekalikimaka 12-07-2007 03:07 PM

Good morning ladies, and look what the cat dragged in!!! :welcome2: Welcome back Cherie :hug: CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!! I'm so sorry we didn't get to meet up, I know it was around my mother's b-day that you were here wasn't it? Oh well, there's always the next time. So glad your girls are doing good too. Don't worry about Hannah, she will learn pretty quick when she has consequences to go with the actions. Megan sounds like she's coming along nicely too. You sound so HAPPY! :D So are you looking for wedding dresses? You will be a beautiful bride. I had to laugh at the "it's about time" comment... didn't I tell you he was going to propose while in Hawaii? ;) Oh, and congrats on your CPP :high: Things are looking up for you lady, and it's about time! :hug:

Hey, Karen is trying to sell her beautiful home in Colorado so she can move back "home" to Missouri. Maybe she can PM you the link to her listing. It would be pretty crazy if you guys met online here and you ended up buying her house...

OK ladies, so this thread is getting some crazy good news lately. Come on out of the woodwork so we can celebrate together! It's back to work for me. :wave:

Karen31 12-07-2007 11:20 PM

Hi Noelle,
Thanks for letting Cherie know about my house being for sale. And that would be a crazy thing if she wanted to look at it and we met through this site!!
Cherie, I did send you a link so you can look at it if you want to. Congratulations on your engagement! :carrot:
I just thought that I would pop in here for a little bit and say Hello. It has been a hectic day but I did get a little more packing done. At least what every I pack now I won't have to do at the last minute!! And it is a lot less to have to keep "Show & Sell" ready!! ;)
Have a good night and I'll catch you all again tomorrow!

calnative 12-09-2007 09:39 AM

I'm so glad to see so many posts. I'd stopped checking, but decided to see if anyone had posted.
I don't know where to start.
My sister moved into her new house the first of November. Because she had the 'newest' house, we had Thanksgiving dinner there. She was so excited to host it. She enjoys the high school she's teaching at, and she is still getting settled in the house.
Ashley is doing well in school. She made honor roll last quarter and she was tested for gifted. We haven't hear yet how that went.
My brother is going to Hawaii in February. I'm jealous. I told him to bring me some things from Pearl Harbor that I can use in my classes next year.
Only 9 more school days until Christmas break. Yes, I am counting down. It's getting pretty cold here now, and I want to enjoy staying in bed in the mornings.
I have to have an MRI on my knee this week. It started hurting again when I took Tucker for a walk the week before Thanksgiving. It hasn't gotten any better. The doctor said she couldn't exam it very well because of the swelling, so I need the MRI. Good thing is, I get to miss the staff meeting on Wed. Oh Darn!!

Cherie: Congratulations on your engagement!!! I got goosebumps when I read your post; I was so happy for you. Hannah sounds like Ashley :) she keeps forgetting her homework (forgetting to turn it in and bring it home) and her lunch box. Nice to know our children are normal!! I'm glad to hear that Megan is doing well.

Noelle: That little Hana is so adorable. Michael looks like he is getting so big. My hubby wanted me to call you the other day when we heard about the wind and rain you were getting. I would've called at that time, but it was 6am your time. I didn't think you'd appreciate that. :) By the way, are you heading to Las Vegas again for New Year's?

Angie: I tried to call yesterday, but you weren't home. I didn't realize that you were leaving so soon, so you must have been busy. I hope everyone is feeling better now. We had the flu here; first Ashley then me. So far hubby hasn't been sick, except for a nasty cold. Have a safe and very fun trip.

Karen: I think it would be awesome if Cheri ended up buying your house. What fate!! Good Luck!!

Have a great week everyone!

Cal

calnative 12-09-2007 09:40 AM

I forgot to mention that when I went to the doctor last week, she told me that whatever I was doing to lose weight to keep doing it because I'd lost 9 pounds. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing.

Cal

Karen31 12-09-2007 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Everyone--- I thought that I would send a little "Christmas Snow" to all of you! This is Pikes Peak taken from my front porch! Have a Great Day!!

melekalikimaka 12-10-2007 06:54 PM

Hi ladies, just popping in this Monday to see who's around. I am so bummed that my internet is still down at home, the repair guy is supposed to come out tomorrow afternoon. It's TORTURE not being able to go online whenever I want to :mad:. My sisters came home from their Bangkok shopping vacation on Saturday. They are hiding their purchases because most of them are X-mas gifts. My dog-groomer sister brought back so many dog collars and clothes, Lucky would be able to change collars every day for a month and not wear the same one, it's just crazy! :lol: Hana got a little flower print dress too, I have got to take a picture of her wearing it, it's so funny.

We got around to family pictures yesterday, I figured we'd use them for our Christmas cards this year. The only thing is, I already sent some of you your cards.... oh well, it won't kill me to put another stamp on another envelope.

:wave: Hi Cal!!! Sorry to hear about your knee, I know how you feel. Did you have an MRI before? I remember when I had mine done my fat thigh could barely fit into the cuff...just barely! I never wanna have that done again :lol: Oh boy that wind and rain was something else. Thanks for your concern--and thanks for not waking me at 6 a.m. ;) . Yes, Rick and I are going to Vegas for New Year's eve. We'll celebrate it all night and then hop on an early morning flight back home. I wish I could stay longer, but the $$$ never seems to last long enough :lol:

Hey, congrats to Ashley on making honor roll. I'm sure she'll be placed in a gifted class, she's one bright girl.

Karen, your views are so beautiful. I can't belive you want to move from there, but I guess being with family is a whole 'nother view. I loved that picture you sent of you and your dad.

Hello to Angie, Cherie, Kempy, Dips and everyone. I have to get back to some paperwork. Let's keep this thread going girls, I miss you guys.

PhotogirlTX 12-13-2007 02:32 PM

What a week this has been... I didn't mean to go AWOL again, but Oklahoma City got hit with an ice storm that left many places without power (many are STILL without power now). Thankfully, the girls school was only out for two days this week, but most of the rest of the major public school systems are still out and do not know when they will go back to classes!!! (Oklahoma Public Schools for one). Our power went out for about 12 hours, but I was one of the lucky ones that came back on the first day.

Monday I had to scramble around to find ANYWHERE that had power and wi fi so that I could work on payroll. It took me almost all day long to get payroll done... but I finally accomplished it. Tuesday and yesterday I spent working on the companies raises and retros that they wanted paid by this Friday. I finally got that done yesterday.. and now I am just waiting on my reports from Fed Ex to check everything over. However, it looks like those reports were late .. and I won't get them til tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome back and the congratulations.. I appreciate it. I am definately much happier now, and things are going much better.

Nicole.. as for dresses... I think I have one picked out. Since Alan's parents met in Hawaii, and since that is where he proposed, and since that is where we are going back for our honeymoon, our reception is going to be a Hawaiian inspired reception. If you want to take a look at my planning stuff right now.. go to this link: http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/u...ltx&MsdVisit=1
Hopefully that will work. That has got alot of stuff I am thinking about using.. including my dress.
If you want to see more stuff, you can go to: www.alanandcherie.com

That is where we have our wedding webpage!

Karen, I would love to be able to buy something NOW!!! But we probably won't be in the market to move for another couple of years. Your home is pretty close to the area that we want to live in. We are going to be in Colorado in a week and a couple of days... we are taking the kids (my girls and his boys) to Pagosa Springs to go skiing for the holiday. Wolf Creek has gotten so much snow, I can't wait to get there!

Cal... Hey there! How are you doing? And yes.. it is a comfort to know my child isn't the only one who is messing up so much. She is doing better and trying, but it seems like it's a constant struggle to get her to finish her homework. We were at it til almost 9 PM last night, trying to get her math work done. I was tired and ready to go to bed, so I was about to pull my hair out!

Anyway... I just wanted to pop in and check in with you guys... sorry I never got the chance to before now. Talk to you all soon!! :-)

melekalikimaka 12-13-2007 08:44 PM

Hey ladies, how was your day?

Cherie, I looked at your wedding planner and I had tears in my eyes. This is so exciting! I'm so happy for you. You guys are so right for each other, I can feel it.

Anyway, I'm trying to get Michael ready for his Christmas program tonight. He has to wear all white--white shirt, white pants, white shoes, white gloves, and white angel wings with a silver halo... it was tough finding everything--who buys white pants for am 8 y.o. boy??? Anyway, I'm also trying to figure out how to get him back to school and into the classroom without getting drenched. It is just raining and raining again. Enough already! Here I am complaining about the rain while some of you are getting hit with snow and ice. Take care ladies, and be safe out there. Chat more later.

angieME 12-14-2007 08:11 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOELLE!!!!!!!
:hug: :cp: :hat: :chockiss: :bday2you: :celebrate: :hb: :woo: :bday2: :gift: :balloons: :snowglo: :candy: :present: :gift2: :xcheer:

angieME 12-14-2007 08:24 AM

4 Attachment(s)
okay, for some reason I didnt get any notice that anyone had posted after I did till last night. Imagine my surprise when I checked and everyone has been posting. :lol:

We are leaving for Myrtle Beach tomorrow morning. We may have to stay overnight in Penn. for 2 nights if that snow hits early and we wont be able to drive futher. I hope not but I guess I will be on vacation either way. It will be a great time to play my new Monopoly electronic edition with the kids. :lol: I am trying to talk Jay into leaving tonight and going to Kittery for the night and then we will be 3 hours ahead of schedule for tomorrow morning. :lol:

We traded our Wildcat in on a Keystone Everest 345S and I can not wait to camp in that beast. haha It is huge. It has 4 slideouts and is 38 feet long. It is so pretty inside and best of all it has a bathroom in one room and not split up like the Wildcat was. It looks like a house inside.

My sister is watching Mickey and Candi for me and Rebel is coming with us. Mickey is petrified of riding in a car and Candi is his woman so they will be staying together and my neice can play with them all vacation.

Cherie, I am so happy for you. I am sure you 2 will have a happy life together. What a romantic way to propose.

Karen31 12-14-2007 10:40 AM

:balloons:HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOELLE!!! :hb::woo: Hope you have a great day!!

PhotogirlTX 12-14-2007 10:52 AM

Happy Birthday Noelle!!! Woo Hoo!... I hope you have a wonderful day!!!!

Hi Angie!!!!!! Hope you have a great vacation.. thank you so much for the entry to my wedding page.. That was a nice surprise! I think we will be happy... its been a really nice adjustment for me since May.. so we are very happy, and I can't wait for this wedding to take place!

Looks like we will be getting more icy rain and snow this afternoon/evening... I wouldn't mind it so much if I had a mountain to ski down! :) But on the bright side... it is Friday.. and I just LOVE Fridays. But if I want to try to get out of here early, I need to get off here and finish my work! Hope everyone has a great weekend.. I'll try to come and check in later!

melekalikimaka 12-14-2007 12:58 PM

Oh my gosh, thank you for the birthday wishes ladies, I feel so loved! :love: I am at work cranking out some estimates but after I am done I am outta here!!! (It's 7:50 a.m. :devil: ) The first night of Michael's Christmas program was really good, the singing was pretty together and they all made hand motions throughout the songs. They have 2 nuns that teach religion and music and these sisters can sing!!! They've done a really outstanding job with the kids this year.

Angie, that RV is beautiful! I wanna come along. Well, you have a relaxing vacation (or at least try to!) and I will be praying for safe roads for you. Merry Christmas!!! Oh, take pictures!

Cherie, have a great day at work and be safe on those roads. I forgot to say yesterday, I loved that picture of Cassie and the girls. She is so pretty and fits right into your family. The boxer is beautiful too. Hey, how are you and Hannah doing with the braces?

Hi Karen, thanks again for the b-day wishes. Hug Ginger and Sissy for me. :D

Hello to Cal, Kempy, Dips and everyone :wave: Gotta get this estimate out so I can hightail it outta here. Have a great weekend!

angieME 12-16-2007 06:09 AM

Hey guys, we are in Pennsylvania right now. It is pretty gross outside and we are trying to decide if we should try to leave now or stay another day. We will see when the sun comes up. We had a nice drive yesterday though. The weather was clear. I will try to check back when we get there.

Noelle, I hope you had a great day and your gift is on the way.

melekalikimaka 12-17-2007 01:31 PM

Good morning ladies. What a weekend! I think I celebrated my b-day for 4 days, starting on Thursday. I feel like a stuffed :moo:. We must've went out to dinner 3 times over the weekend. To make matters worse, I wasn't able to get out and exercise for 2 days. I did go yesterday morning though, so I'm still fighting.

Angie, I just heard on the news this morning that the weather in the north east is really bad. I hope the roads are safe for you. Thanks for the gift card, it arrived on Friday just in time for my b-day. You know how I love my Starbucks. :coffee::love:

Cal, thanks for calling on my b-day and I'm so sorry I missed your call. We were at Michael's Christmas program and then went out to dinner when you called. That was a bummer that I missed you. I have got to reprogram my phone with all of your phones numbers, when I got a new phone a few weeks ago the contact list did not transfer so I have to input everyone in manually. :headache:

So is everyone tying up their Christmas shopping? I try and I try to get everyone on my list but whenever I'm out in the stores I get overwhelmed and don't feel like shopping. Maybe I'll just make some gingerbread cookies for everyone. :shrug:

I've got to get some work done. Hope to see some posts.

PhotogirlTX 12-17-2007 04:44 PM

Hey Everyone! Its MONDAY again. Angie.... hope you are doing OK... you are getting hit with the storm that tried to hit us last week and over the weekend... hope you make it to your vacation destination!

Noelle...sounds like you had a great birthday!

I had a good but very busy weekend. We had a party we went to on saturday. It's the couple that is going to be our Best Man and Matron of Honor.. they have been trying to get a house built all year, and it's just about finished... so they got to have their annual Christmas party in their building this year.... That was fun... just a little hectic... it tried to snow on us that day.. but thankfully, nothing major.

Alan decided to drop it on me that morning that he wanted to take our families and J & J to Hawaii to get married, instead of having the ceremony here with the reception. He was concerned about the building and the wedding site.. and just thought it would be neat to do that.. 18 of us. I don't think we could swing that... even with four of them paying for their own airfare... It would be wonderful, but I don't have a clue where to start planning... so I am going to try to talk him into just keeping things status quo and just dealing with the building and the outdoor site... less stress for me... but that will be decided later this week, hopefully.

This weekend, we are leaving to go to Pagosa Springs, CO and taking the kids.. all four of them, to go skiing. That should be interesting.

Anyway... I have a few more things around here I need to go finish before I can get out of here.. I'll check back in tomorrow!

Karen31 12-17-2007 04:56 PM

Hey Noelle, Glad that you had a good birthday. I am not even going to worry about weight anymore until after the first of the year! Just too much other stuff happening around here!

Cherie, I hope you all have a good trip to Pagosa Springs! I've lived in Colorado since I was 5 years old and have still never been there or to a lot of other places around Colorado. Pretty pathetic huh!!

I just got back from finishing up my Christmas shopping. YAY!! Had to finally tell TIM STAY HOME!! But I got his and also bought Ginger and Sissy cute sweaters that match and also really pretty pink dresses with rhinestones on them for New Years Eve!!! They are so much fun to buy stuff for!! I'll have to take pictures of them and post for you to see! Can you say SPOILED???

Well, guess I'd better get going and get some stuff done here. I have invited the two oldest grandsons and their family (it had been 10 years since we had seen them before June of this year!) and my son and the other two grandkids plus 2 sets of grandparents (besides us) to be here Friday evening!! Could prove to be very interesting!!

Everybody have a good day!

PhotogirlTX 12-18-2007 09:19 AM

Good Morning! Three more workdays til vacation!!!! :-)

Karen... Wow... you should go to Pagosa at some point. I am sure there are some really great small towns in Colorado... but I just LOVE Pagosa. Its such a quaint little town... and they have the springs there. You can smell them from MILES away! :-) (Sulpher Springs) I love that the ski area isn't as commercialized as Vail and places like that... and they have GREAT snow! Anyway... I can't wait to get there... I love that place!

I have to run payroll on Thursday, so I hope the managers start to send me their stuff today. I am also getting my crown to finish off my implant on Thursday... finally, I will have a full set of teeth in my mouth! The dentist pulled a tooth when I was about eleven to make room for my other teeth. Little did I know I would have to spend an arm and a leg 30 years later to replace it! Hopefully after that... I will be in the countdown to get these braces off my teeth. I have an appointment in January... and then I hope the next one in March will be to remove! :-)

OK.. back to work. I have a sick girl at home and a sick dryer. Thankfully Alan can work from home today and take care of both of them!

melekalikimaka 12-19-2007 04:41 PM

Hey ladies, Michael is out of school for Christmas break already and he and his cousin are busy playing video games and already driving me crazy with the noise. I worked a half day today and had to come home early. I must've slept on my arm wrong because I have this mean pain behind my right shoulder.... I am trying to stretch it out but it's making me cringe. :(

Cherie, wow, a Hawaiian wedding...that would be something really nice too. Is the kiddo feeling any better today? Have fun on your weekend trip, sounds like fun.

Karen, I know you will post pics of Ginger and Sissy in their new outfits later on. You should've seem my sister when she came back from her Bangkok shopping trip--she must've bought over 30 dog collars for Lucky--it's just crazy. But she is a dog groomer so she can always sell a few at her shop.

Oh man, I've got to get off this computer, my shoulder is just killing me. Have a good one and I'll try to post more later.

melekalikimaka 12-20-2007 10:14 AM

Woo-Hoo!!! :dance: I lost 3 lbs at my WI yesterday--and totally didn't expect it! We ate out so much last week and I didn't get to exercise every day like I usually do... but it's a late birthday present to myself I guess :lol: Yahoo! Now only 2 more weeks of holiday madness to get through.

Everyone have a great day!

PhotogirlTX 12-20-2007 11:06 AM

Noelle!!! Wow.. WTG on the weight loss! I keep getting OFF track.. But once we come back from vacation, then I am going to really start making some changes.

I've been getting really stressed and depressed lately, and last night was one of those bad nights.. everything was just setting me off. I think I really need to start taking time for myself and getting back to the Y. So, that is my plan (along with everybody else) after the frist of the year.

Today, I am working on the last payroll of the year! And I almost had it done, but just got an update from someone JUST NOW.. So.. gotta go back and redo some of it. Later this afternoon, I get my TOOTH! :-) My Xmas present to myself. I am hoping that it looks halfway decent. Its gotta be better than this post that is sticking up from the implant.

Tomorrow we will be running around like crazy getting ready for the trip.. then we will be up at 4 AM on Saturday to leave... I'll be back home late next Thursday, so everyone, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! I won't have internet access until next Friday when I come back to work... so I'll update then!

Today is the girls last day of school. I stayed up last night baking pumpkin bread loaves for my coworkers, for Alan's coworkers and for all of Hannah and Megan's teachers. Hannah had pajama day today.. so when she got up, she was READY for school! :-) Fun.

OK.. gotta get busy finishing payroll... take care everyone, I hope you have a wonderful holiday! I'll talk to you guys when I get home next week!!!!

Karen31 12-22-2007 06:51 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hello And MERRY CHRISTMAS to Everyone! I hope that you are all having a great weekend.

Noelle, Here are a few pictures of Ginger and Sissy in their new sweaters. I decided to go ahead and get them out yesterday since we had below 0 weather and blowing snow! But I still haven't got out their dresses yet!

We had all the grandkids, parents and grandparents over last night for a get together. The two oldest boys that are my sons we hadn't seen in about 10 years before this past June. (Bitter breakup) And in June my son wasn't able to see them since he was working out of town. Then last night we all got together and it was pretty fun! Although I'm pooped today!! I went ahead and put a picture of everybody on here too. I was so happy that it got done in spite of the bad weather! I think it was a pretty nice early Christmas for my son and his 2 oldest boys!

Noelle, Congrats on your 3 pounds lost! I think that I may have found them though!! ;) Oh well, back to serious business after the first of the year!!

Cherie, my brother and his son are coming out here on the 26th and he wants to take his son skiing. .So maybe I will just go along with them for the ride. I think they may just be going to Breckenridge though.. Guess I'll have to see how things work out. Sure hope you are enjoying your vacation in ski country!!

Angie, I guess you must be doing some vactioning too! Hope you are having a good time.

Well, I need to get busy and it is already time to think about supper! Take care everyone and I'll try to get back later to see how things are going.