Old 10-26-2007, 01:45 PM   #16  
Maeminglea

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Olivia and gang -

Olivia, it is good to see you doing well. I am slowly still losing. You have been a great motivater to me so I just wanted to look you up to say - Thank You. I had a very frustrating plateau in September and I eased off things (like counting every calorie) a little this month and actually started losing again. I average about a pound loss a week. I just don't want to ease off anything too much. It is good to see Bill in maintenance. As much as I've been working out I don't know how realistic it would be to think I could keep this pace up for years. It seams silly to already worry about maintenance because I still have a good deal to lose - but I do. Losing, I am glad to see you are doing well, too. I think losing about a pound a week and making small changes is the way to go!! Red balloon - it is nice to meet you and keep up the good work!!
maeminglea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

Hey everybody ...

So glad to see you here again, Mae. I'm so proud of you that you're still actually losing. Whatever you are doing is working, so don't stop! I traveled again for 10 days last month, and have been sick for another week, so I'm afraid my weight is still about the same. I haven't posted on the thread for a bit, because I haven't done anything to cheer about! When I travel, it's sort of a victory not to gain ....

A shout-out to redballoon, losing, Bill and anyone peeking in ... hope you're all doing really well, and that you'll drop in now and then.

Everyone, have a great week!

Cheers,
Olivia
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:29 AM   #18  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Hi ladies!

I wanted to give a quick hello...I need to get to bed . Tomorrow comes to early. I'm still pluggin along.

Mae- WOW 34 pounds...That great! Glad you came over to say hello

Olivia- Sorry you've been sick.
I hurt my foot so I've too been on my butt for far longer than I'd like .

I will try and stop by soon NIGHT!
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:25 AM   #19  

Hi Losing ... happy to see you here, girl. Just as I thought our thread was about to dissolve, I come on to find you and Mae this weekend! Lucky me ... I am sorry to hear about your foot, Losing. When your foot is bothering you, it SO affects everything you do, so I feel for you. I remember when I kicked something a few years ago, and broke one of my middle toes. Such nagging, annoying pain that you could do nothing about!

I'm exactly 224# still today, but not unhappy because it could have been way worse with my traveling recently. I need to get the "one day at a time" thing going in my head again, and just see how much healthier I can be TODAY! That is going to include a walk, I've decided, so here I go, everyone ...

Have a great day ...
Cheers,
Olivia
Old 10-31-2007, 08:38 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default Well, howdy and hot dog! I found you!

I missed you ladies! Hey losing! Hi Olivia and Mae! So, my life has been one huge road trip to insanity for the last several months which is why I have been MIA. And boy does my shape show it. Ugh! I'm sad to say that I am back up to 168 But, I am ready to get back on the ball now. My mom was in hospital, I started school with my kids (homeschool), went to Colorado, my dh went to Toronto for a week, and all the kids activities have started up. Lots of stress, relationship issues etc have all combined to get me off track in a big way. I was looking for you all last night lol, and couldn't find the thread, but I found you this morning. I finally feel ready to get back in the saddle. I really need to get my sugar cravings under control again, I was doing so well, and it feels like starting over...not in a good way either Oh well, today is another day. Hoping to be able to buy a nice holiday dress lol! So, today is the start of my 'new new beginning' lol! Give me an update and let me know how you all are!
Hugs
tracyg
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:17 AM   #21  

Default Tracy!!!! Yay ... You're Back!!!

Wow, girl, am I glad to see you! I received your PM as well, but since you've found me, I'll just respond here. I've had a tough time trying to lose anything the last few months as I've traveled so much, which is great, but all the food eaten out is the downside!

So your kids are back in school now, and you've decided to work hard until the holidays? Sounds a bit like me ... Your dance class sounds fun AND I think it encourages you to look good when you do something like that. Good luck! I'm not a "natural" dancer, and always wished I was.

Are you trying any particular diet, or are you calorie-counting, as we usually do? I wish you the best with it!

Hello to everyone else peeking in ... DeterminedLisa, are you still out there? If anyone wishes, please join in ... the more the merrier.

Happy Halloween, Tracy (big welcome back!), Losing, Mae, and to everyone on 3FC!

Olivia

Last edited by babenwaiting; 10-31-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:19 PM   #22  
Maeminglea

Tracy-Good to see you! So - sorry to hear about your mom. I hope everything is ok. It sounds like you've had a lot on your plate (and I don't mean dinner plate). {I know bad pun}.

Losing - how's that foot doing? I hope your feeling better too!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:40 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default Hey there, where is everyone?

I'm still hanging in there. I keep eating and eating and saying tomorrow I'm going to do better.....grrrrrrrr! Dh and I did start a dance class. Last night was our first night. It is only an hour long, we learned the two step and by the time we were done, I knew I was gonna be sore lol! My thighs and calves and feet are killing me. Arms too from holding them up so long..dh is way taller than me lol!
I'm going to try to get some walking back into my week too. I think once I get back in the exercise habit it is easier to get my eating under control. It's because I am lazy lol! I figure if I'm going to do all that exercise, I am not going to waste it and ruin it by my bad eating lol! So, that is my plan for the week. Updates please!
Hugs
tracyg
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #24  

Hi Tracy, Mae, Losing and anyone who would like to join in ... Happy to hear that your dance class has started, Tracy. Sounds like a lot of fun AND a good workout! I am SO LAZY ... have not been exercising, and my eating has been the same. My weight hovers around 224 to 226 lbs. I need a giant foot to kick me you-know-where to jumpstart me, I think. It's two+ weeks until Thanksgiving, the holidays are well on their way, and my lethargy hangs on! I am going to try to get myself out to walk today as the weather is perfect, in the 50s and beautiful.

to you all ... Hope everyone is hanging in there, and that we'll hear from you soon!

Cheers!
Olivia
Old 11-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #25  
Maeminglea

Hey guys and gals

Tracy - I bet you and your hubby had a great time dancing. I bet it is a challenge.

I am still trying to hang in - but my diet and motivation has gone down hill this past week. I started eating all the goodies my officemates continue to bring in (it will only get harder as the Holidays progress). I have gained a pound or two back, but I am determined to shed them - at least before Thanksgiving. I live on the edge of the time zone and it is dark at 5:00 when I leave work. Now that it is dark and cold I really don't feel like doing my work outs. But I keep telling my self I must do my minimum of 30 min. of something everyday and even though it is a struggle I battle through. I think this helps me to stay in the habit.

Olivia - if you don't mind the colder weather you should get out in the sun for at least a quick walk. I think you'll feel better

Take Care All - Mae

Last edited by maeminglea; 11-07-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #26  

Good evening ladies! Hope you've all had a good day. Foodwise, I've done better the last two days, cut my food by about a third. I still haven't gotten out for a walk but I am not stuffed at night when I go to bed, as I'd been recently, so I've had some success. You're so right, Mae. I know I'd feel better if I started walking ... I really must! (And I LOVE the cooler weather.)

Mae, I'm sure you will lose those couple of lbs.! Halloween candy is such a killer, isn't it? My DH and I ate way too much of it the last week because we had very few trick or treaters this year.

Have a good Thursday, all!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:30 AM   #27  

Mae, Tracy and Losing, come out, come out, wherever you are! I'm on my 4th day of cutting back on food ... I'm eating about 2/3 of what I was so I've alleviated a lot of the heartburn and "stuffed" feeling. I will gradually lose if I keep this up.

Now to the exercise! Today will go up to only 57 degrees, it's sunny and beautiful, so surely I can walk a mile or two!!!

Losing, hope your foot is better! Mae & Tracy, hope you're both feeling more in charge of your "food programs." You can do it ... you know you can!

Happy weekend,
Olivia

Last edited by babenwaiting; 11-09-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #28  

Default OKAY!!! Where is it?

I'm talking about my GOLD STAR???

I actually took that walk this afternoon! Just half an hour right before dark, but I DID IT!

Now for tomorrow ...

Last edited by babenwaiting; 11-10-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:31 PM   #29  

Default Okay, now I need another one!

A GOLD STAR, THAT IS!!!

Greetings to all on this special day when we remember and thank the Veterans who have given us the life we have today. Thank you to all who have/and are serving in our military forces!

Okay, I've actually walked two out of the last three days even though I have a sprained calf, some such problem, from tripping on steps. The food is not as good as it could be but not nearly bad like it was.

Where are my buddies? Drop in and say hi, ladies!!!

Cheers,
Olivia
Old 11-13-2007, 05:10 PM   #30  
Maeminglea

Default Gold Star For You!

Yeah Olivia Way to go

I hope you are taking it easy on your foot. I did not realize you were hurt. It has been such pretty days here recently I bet you enjoyed it.