Old 09-25-2007, 10:06 PM   #1  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

Default That 70s Show -- On Our Way to Losing 70-ish Pounds 9/23-9/29

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):

What's ONE change you can make this week to better your healthy lifestyle goal?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:24 AM   #2  
Am I there yet?

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): Still at 200.4

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):
To get down to 199.. I actually went up to 201, so not so good

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):
stop sabotaging my efforts!

What's ONE change you can make this week to better your healthy lifestyle goal? NOT emotionally eat. I was upset last night and wanted to make chocolate chip cookies until I told myself that eating wouldn't make me feel better
Old 09-26-2007, 09:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

Hi Anna, great to see you! Thanks for starting the thread! Hope the other girls come back and see us.

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 208

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): To survive training while fasting, I think, lol. I'm hangin' in there. Upper body is a piece of cake (almost), but legs is soooo hard.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Try to get a couple cardio sessions or evening walking in so my metabolism doesn't slow up too much.

What's ONE change you can make this week to better your healthy lifestyle goal? Well it's beginning to sink in that if I want these changes to last that I'm going to have to keep up with my good habits even after I get where I'm going. So, just to keep reinforcing that frame of mind I guess.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:31 AM   #4  
Am I there yet?

Hey hotmama! How's the fast going? With my luck, I would not be one of the lucky ones to lose weight while fasting....I'd probably gain! I can imagine it's been tough to still train. I'm sure you can do it, though! I know what you mean about having to make these changes for life... I think that's almost harder than losing the weight.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

Hi Anna,
thanks for the moral support. I think fasting is misleading in that it certainly can increase weight. It's all a matter of figuring out your body though. This is actually the first time I'm losing, but that's also beacause I haven't been feasting (which isn't really shouldn't be a day to day part of it anyway). Also, I've discovered eating more makes you more thirsty throughout the day, which makes sense; so since my water requirement is my biggest difficulty w/ fasting and exercising, I try not to overindulge.

Yes, life changes are essential, sigh... lol. This is my second time losing the weight and it's harder this time so I really want to do what it takes to stay off the yoyo train. When I started to gain it back, I was on exercise hiatus and was quitting breastfeeding.

I kept thinking I'd level off, but I didn't. I kept on gaining until I started in earnest to lose weight. By then, I weighed more than I had at 9 mos. pregnant. Talk about denial. I just don't want to live my life overweight, it makes me feel so down about myself.

It's odd, I can see the beauty in other overweight women, but I didn't see it in myself. I don't think it helps that my older sister is 5'9", a size 4/6 and very smart and very beautiful. Being very tall makes me quite larger than other women anyway so to be overweight too is hard to accept.

As hard as it is to lose weight, accepting myself overweight is harder so I'm committed for the long haul.
Closed Thread