Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 12:16 AM   #31  
kitty Momo

Good Evening -

I m not keeping up w/ anyone, so I am sorry about that. My eating has been horrible....so stressed.
Carol - my sister has a 13 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. Tonight they went to their grandmothers so my sister can have some quite time at home. I think my sister is finally hitting a wall......and realizing what is going on.....poor thing.
Can you imagine losing a child??? The worst nightmare.....
I am going to go w/ her tomorrow to sign papers at the funeral home and looking for a Monday or Tuesday service.
My daughters are at a football game tonight. My nephews school was doing a moment of silence at their game.
I am just so sad about this........he was such a beautiful child, so loved....anyway......aren't I fun person to be around??? lol

k-.......night.......
Old 09-08-2007, 08:47 AM   #32  
ugggg.....

Suzy--hugs to you and your family. I can't imagine losing one of my kids.

Sassy--have fun on your trip. Sometimes working the same shift and riding with hubby to work everyday gets to me--it seems like my only quiet time is at the grocery store-but I remeber it was realy hard too when we worked different shifts. Maybe take some kind of a hobby type class on one of the days he works and you don't.

Carol--boy you must have hand your hands full with all those kids, there were days when my two were too many j/k!!

Cristina--if you don't find your Wedding Day scent anywhere and can't decide on a new one, I will check with the girl I know that makes them. I am excited about Tony coming home.

Katy--my son said the same thing about karma and how we treat others--it does seem to come back--sometimes it just takes awhile. Be a SAHM for as long as you can--I loved it. Work can be boring too!!

Well Teri is 25 weeks, has gained 7 pounds and her belly has popped out and is measuring right where it should be. My little grandboys heartbeat is strong and he is very active so everything is going good!!
Old 09-08-2007, 09:20 AM   #33  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Lots of hugs Susan...to you and your family. And yes, losing a child is the worst...it is the worst kind of loss a person could ever go thru. I am glad your sis has you there for her. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Jules...good to know Teri is doing well, and your grandbaby too! Bet everyone can't wait for him to arrive!

Sassy...I didn't catch the Oprah episode...used to be a fan of her, and Dr. Phil, not so much now. Besides it is on here when Jeopardy is on, lol. Can't miss my Jeopardy.

Carol...I agree, well, sort of, lol. I have been a SAHM for many years as well-with a few part-time jobs/volunteer jobs in between. There was a time I loved it, not so much now. Of course I have been searching for the perfect job for me forever so...guess I am picky, lol.

Hi Katy

Getting ready to jump in the shower once I get off here. Thought I would get on early since I will be busy later. Going to go to V's job...they are having an Open House and I have been curious to see what exactly it is he does. Not sure I want to...I may never fly again after this, lol.

Got my 3 miles in this morning thank goodness. It was supposed to rain and I am glad it didn't. It was nice and cool, felt good. But this wind does nothing for my allergies that are acting up. Also, did my 2 mile WATP and feeling pretty good. May even get some organizing done today!

Have a good weekend ladies!
Old 09-08-2007, 12:20 PM   #34  
kitty Momo

Morning -

Drinking my protein shake, trying to get going for the day. Went down a pound, yay.

You don't know what V does Cristina?? lol.....That struck me as being funny......

Happy to hear about Terri, Jules. I think I want another baby ,,,,need to find a dad though.....haha

Going to Arkansas in Oct w/ Gaby. ,,,,,anyway, freezing, need to go find some sun.

Hugs to all
Old 09-08-2007, 09:41 PM   #35  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Sleepy & Achy here. lol

Hi Ladies.

Sleepy and achy here. lol. I just woke up at 10 til 9!! I work nights, so on my nights off I keep my schedule, but I usually get up around 5 or 5:30 on my nights off and I did wake up at 5:30. I used the bathroom and my back was achin so I took some advil and went back to lie back down I THOUGHT for only an hour or so. HUH. I woke up and it was almost 9! WOW! But my back feels better. At least I can walk straight up now. When I woke up earlier I couldn't even stand up straight it hurt so bad. lol.

But on the good side of things we have gotten some rain. That explains my back hurting so bad and we're supposed to get more. But we desperately needed it, so that is a good thing, even if I have to ache a bit, its worth it cuz everything was so dry!

Well now talking to DH this morning after he got off of work, now he is debating whether if he wants to go to TN or not. And they say women can't make up their minds! lol. But I can understand, we've been to TN loads of times, because his family is there of course and we love it there, so he kinda wants to go somewhere different. Maybe Kentucky or something.

Susan -- Yes I think losing a child is the worst. I of course don't know what its like, but my Aunt & Uncle lost their oldest when he was only 16. It was extremely difficult to say the least. Big Big

Jules -- Yeah you know I used to feel that exact same way when DH & I worked on the same shift and drove in together. But yeah it difficult working totally opposite nights. But it does make you appreciate one another a lot more. Yeah I thought about finding something like that to keep me occupied or maybe taking some sort of fitness class or something at the local Y or something? I could drive DH into work if I really needed the car. Glad everything is going well with Teri and the baby.

Cristina -- Yeah I used to be a fan of Oprah's and Dr. Phil's too and I don't watch them anymore either. Just someone on my other forum mentioned about Paula Deen being on there, that is the only reason I looked for it. Paula is a nut. lol. Very funny and sweet lady. Hope you have fun at V's open house. WTG on the walking! I need you to motivate me! lol. I also have the WATP's dvd, well its a version of it, its not exactly WATP, but same idea. lol. I think if I started doing that, even if only 3 x's a week or something, it would help. I just get so tired from working my long shifts, but I could do it on my nights off at least.......

Old 09-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #36  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...silly woman, lol. I do know what V does, sort of...but I guess I wanted to see, lol. Wanted to see exactly how the line and such works. He does the electrical on the nose of the plane, used to do the wing on a different plane and sometimes does on this one. It just amazes me how these things are put together. And these new ones are made of a heavy duty fiberglass...fiberglass, yikes. Seems flimsy but V said they have done crash tests and these actually hold up better than the others. So how are you feeling missy? How is your sis holding up? Lots of hugs to you all. And does little Miss Gaby start school today? I think a trip to Arkansas will be good for you guys. And it is BEAUTIFUL up there that time of year!

SASSY...being healthy and losing weight are my motivation for the walking. I don't want to be old and not be able to get around easliy, and do things for myself. Our neighbor in the last house was 83-years-old and I told V I want to be like her when I get that age. She was spry and got around good. She didn't depend on anyone...she went to an exercise class 3 days a week and I loved that about her, she was the sweetest woman. Maybe I should e-mail you on your days off and tell you to get up and walk...just pick up those feet, nice, nice, nice, lol. That's what I say to my daughter. She's a little bitty skinny thing but being skinny doesn't neccessarily make you healthy. So I get her to walk...and she started doing my 1 mile WATP...shes going to work up to the 2 pound one. But yeah, I think you would be amazed at the results you would see just from exercising 3 days a week. I know you get tired from work, I totally understand that, but when you think about your future and being healthy...wouldn't you like to feel a lot better? Okay, off of my soapbox, lol.

HI KATY, JULES, MICHELLE & SUE!

Nothing much on the agenda for today. I did get my 3 miles and 2 mile WATP in. Boy, it was chilly this morning. I love the cooler temps but...gonna have to change my time that I walk soon I think. doing some more organizing in the basement and getting laundry done.

QUESTION: Does anyone recycle? If so...any tips would be appreciated.

Take care ladies, and have good day!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:22 PM   #37  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -
I am happy to hear you know what V does all day.....lol We women have to be on top of these things....
Arkansas seems far away Cristina. It must be beautiful during the fall season?? I kind of wanted to go during Halloween, that might have been fun trick/treating w/ grandma.
I haven't told the R's yet. They will have a fit because Gab gets to go everywhere.
My sister is ok, it is after the funeral that I worry about her, when everyone gets on with life. There is a vewing tonight for family and we need to take her shopping for some clothes - otherwise I think the major decisions have been made. The vocal group my nephew was a member of is going to sing......I think that will be nice.
Gaby started school this morning. I had 6 calls from the ex and the R's this morning and it was pissing me off.........I mean we are going to kindergarten!! So, stressed.....
Gab was excited and dressed herself......grrrrrr, she looked good though once I twisted her socks around and combed her hair.

k- I better go get something to eat. I feel kind of sick with too much coffee....

chat later!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #38  
One day at a time

HIYA MS SUSAN...Halloween would be a fun time to go there. And I think grandma would love that as well. I think she will love it anytime you go. Has she seen Gaby other than in pictures? For some reason I thought you mentioned going there before but can't remember for sure. I think the R's will get over not going to AR. Gaby does get to go lots of places though doesn't she, lol? Oh well...that's life...the girls will have their chance one day.

You are right...it's always after the funeral and everyone gets on with their lives that it will hit your sis. Hope that they still call, or get with her...she will need the support. Been there, done that twice....still have hard days and it's been years.

Hope you have a good day!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:44 PM   #39  
kitty Momo

No, we have never met grandma. It has been nice though to email her all these years. We had a touchy time when the court thing was going on but that has soothed over.
So, woo hoo - off to Arkansas we go.....btw Gab wants to be a pink Power Ranger for Halloween.
Tomorrow is Aloha night at the school...serving pizza and such. Gab's dad doesn't know she has been to Hawaii.....I guess I can pull out some t shirts we bought.....haha. I don't know why I am scared of him knowing, none of his business, right??
off to wait for Gab....she really needs full time K....I know I do.....
hugs!!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:28 PM   #40  
One day at a time

Yeppers Susan, you are correct...it's none of his business! Of course I can understand you feeling scared of him knowing, especially after the court fiasco. Geez, no telling what the man might do...even though, it is NONE of his business. I'm glad though that he has decided to be civil now for Gaby's sake.

Aloha night sounds fun. She is going to have so much fun in kindergarten! And speaking of kindergarten...

KATY...did little Miss Leigh start today as well? Can't remember if Gaby and Leigh are going to the same school or not. Was she excited?

Aahhh, I love seeing all the kiddies on their first day of school...of course when the kids started I expected them to be sad...instead they basically shooed me away, lol. I was the sad one...my babies are growing up, boohoo.

Okay, I am outta here ladies...

Have a good day!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #41  

I hate to be so ignorant but who or what is V? I just started a new exercise routine called Shapely Secrets and it really wore me out. There is a thread on here about it. I think I might have picked up a virus because I have a really sore neck in the back. It usually goes away pretty quick. I sure miss my little kids........all grown up now. The youngest is 17 but there are 8 grandkids to be thankful for.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:00 AM   #42  
One day at a time

Carol you are not ignorant...V is my husband Vince, I just shorten it to V, lol.

Shapely Secrets sounds familiar but can't think of what it is...will have to check it out. Hope you don't have a virus.

I miss my kids being small too! Doesn't seem like they can possibly be grown up but they are. Hoping one day to have grandkids.

Hi SUSAN, KATY, JULES, SASSY, SUE & MICHELLE!

Really heading to be now, lol.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:32 AM   #43  
RosieKate

HI Everyone!
Cristina..Leigh indeed did have her first day yesterday. She and Gab are not at the same school...darn it! That would have been fun, but her school is pretty close to ours. They feed to the same middle school and high school. The night before, as I was tucking her into bed, we were chatting about all the fun thngs she was going to do at school the next day. I casually mentioned riding the bus, and she sat upright and said "you didn't tell me I had to ride a BUS!" then proceeded to pitch little fits over the next hour about riding the bus. Well, she was right. I had neglected to discuss the bus thing with her ahead of time. My bad. I told her that if she woke up in the morning and was still scared of the bus, I would drive her, but I wanted to her to think about it and give it a try soon. In the morning, she came into the kitchen and she said "I thought about it and I decided to give it a try" And so she did and no worries Had a great morning.

Susan - how was G's first day? Leigh's class ended up with 16 students - yahoo! David walked both kids to the bus today...so cute. PM me if you want to get together to walk one of these mornings. HOpe you and your family are holding up well through these trying times. You are all in my prayers.

Hi To Carol, Jules, Sassy, Michelle, and Sue! Hope you are all having a good day.

I have managed to lose the bloaty PMS pounds. I am feeling a bit inactive as the gym is still closed. Now that Leigh needs assistance getting out the door to school in the morning, I am going to have to re-arrange my exercise routine. I am bummed, because I really like going to the gym early, but I just can't get back in time to get her ready. I'll have to go when she's at school, which kind of eats up all my kid-free time. I guess I should count my blessings that I have the time to do it at all and get on with it, right?

Old 09-11-2007, 03:13 PM   #44  
One day at a time

Howdy ladies...

SUSAN...thinking of you today, and your family.

KATY...how cute Leigh sounded. That was good that she decided to ride the bus, or at least try, lol. She sounded so grown up saying that. I so miss the kids that young. Hope you get your schedule worked out. It is hard when you've had the same routine/schedule for a while and you are used to that then have to change it. Glad you lost the bloaty pms pounds!

HI CAROL, SUE, JULES, SASSY & MICHELLE. Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Got a 4 mile walk in this morning. Not as early as usual since I had to run an errand and thought I would walk at the park. Always wanting to mix it up a bit. I know it's all walking but it is a different walk from the neighborhood and there are little hills so makes more of a work out for me. Also did my 2 mile WATP. Doing great with the water and eating so hoping for a good WI this Monday. Forgot to WI yesterday but did this morning and I am the same. I'll take that...anything is better than a gain for sure! Just gotta work harder this week. Other than that...not a lot going on.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:15 PM   #45  

Do your kids go to school in Portland? My grandson goes somewhere in Beaverton. Just wondering.
Closed Thread